Ice cream

The Problem With Us
 
 
"Luhan-ah. Bring me to this ice cream shop! Look: Low-fat!"
 
Luhan's jaw twitches in annoyance as Chanyeol grabs a seat next to him and waves a brochure in his face.  Can't Chanyeol ever shut up about ice cream?
 
Then realization dawns on Luhan, and he nearly slaps himself for almost falling for the trick.
 
"This is a ploy. A ploy to make me go to eat at whatever ice-cream shop you're talking about, and miraculously I'll meet Oh Sehun there, won't I?" Luhan sighs exasperatedly.
 
Chanyeol's face is blanked out suddenly.
 
"Noooooo," he says, rather unconvincingly. Luhan puts down his book and glares.
 
" Then you'll come up with the excuse that Sehun works there, too. Along with the coffee shop, the pizza place, and the bookshop."
 
A guilty smile creeps onto Chanyeol's face, and he just grins. "Okay, okay. I admit I want to push you two together. You guys make an adorable couple, you know?"
 
Luhan can't take anymore of Chanyeol and his constant chattering, comparing him to Sehun and Sehun to him and how well they go together and blah blah blah.
 
"Me and Sehun are over, Chanyeol, get a grip! Go and talk to your Baekhyun hyung about your problem instead, ok?" Luhan yells. He slams his book on the table, to see if Chanyeol gets the message.
 
But he doesn't. Not at all.
 
Instead of flinching like Luhan wants him to, Chanyeol merely pouts a little, and says," The ice cream is really good. It's at the plaza opposite the pizza place. "
 
Then, just like that, he slowly stands and ambles off, with a pair of headphones resting snugly in his shoulders.
 
Luhan seeths. This is the sixth or seventh time Chanyeol has attempted to get he and Sehun back together as an 'item' again. What is his problem, really! Luhan has absolutely no desire to ever see Sehun's face again.
 
Calming himself down, he picks up his much-abused book and starts reading it again.
 
Funny how the things you love most tend to be the worst treated things sometimes. Luhan just doesn't know it yet.
 
-----
 
The ice cream shop. Opposite the pizza place. In the plaza.
 
Luhan has no idea what compelled him to go there, or anywhere near there, for the matter of fact.
 
Inside the ice cream shop, he can see the hunched figure of Sehun, staring sullenly into his bowl of ice cream and stirring it around like mush. Luhan isn't close enough to see the flavor of the ice cream but if it's vanilla he can be sure that it's Chanyeol who set Sehun up.
 
"Sehun-ah!" Luhan calls into the shop. He feels a twinge of displeasure at calling Sehun's name, but that doesn't stop him from walking straight to him and shaking him by the shoulder.
 
Sehun looks up, his eyes shadowed. His mouth turns downwards. He's obviously unhappy to see Luhan.
 
Luhan ignores that unwelcome stare that Sehun is giving him, and looks down into the ice cream bowl.
 
Vanilla, not chocolate.
 
"Sehun -ah, Chanyeol set you up. Again." Luhan sighs. Sehun's eyes widen a tiny bit, but not too much.
 
"Oh," Sehun  says after a while, letting out a big yawn. He doesn't look like he's fully aware of the venue and the time.
 
Luhan feels a tug at his heart, but then reminds himself that he no longer feels anything for Sehun.
 
"Come on, then," Luhan says gruffly. He puts Sehun's lanky arm over his shoulder, and supports his weight as he half- carries Sehun out the door.
 
" Chanyeol! I am going to kill him, I swear..."  Sehun yawns again, sleepily, and attempts to push Luhan away from him. 
 
But Sehun's too tired to prove any trouble for Luhan, and he barely manages to get a centimeter away from him when Luhan pulls him back. Not very obligingly, of course, Luhan brings Sehun home.
 
-----
 
After putting the half-asleep Sehun on his bed, Luhan storms up the staircase in search of Chanyeol.
 
"Park Chanyeol! Where are you! Come out now!"
 
Luhan stops in front of the room door and knocks on it angrily. A few seconds, the door slowly creaks open, and Luhan can just see Chanyeol smiling apologetically at him, with the barest hint of fear. Luhan grimaces, and yanks the door open angrily.
 
Chanyeol stumbles forward and hurridly rights himself.
 
"You invite Sehun out to eat ice cream when you know he slept late last night. Can you ever mind your own business, Park Chanyeol?" Luhan growls at him. 
 
 
Chanyeol does not respond for a moment, then he grins. Luhan can hardly believe it. Chanyeol, originally apologetic, becomes elated.
 
"So you do care for Sehun, after all!" Chanyeol says, grinning widely. He prances forward, a full blown smile plastered on his face, stretching from cheek to cheek.
 
Luhan gapes incredulously. Chanyeol, right in the middle of a scolding, dare to suggest such a thing!
 
"No, I don't! I told you that we were over, Chanyeol!" Luhan replies angrily.
 
"Yes you do, you said-" 
 
"Just shut up already, Chanyeol. I don't need your dating advice, especially when you yourself fail in love all the time," Luhan retorts back.
 
Chanyeol's smile fades slightly. Luhan had hit his weak spot. However, he does not get angry, instead, he quickly recovers and continues to convince Luhan of his love for Sehun.
 
"Chanyeol... Please shut up,"
Luhan says, tired of Chanyeol now. Chanyeol looks up, a brief emotion flashing across his face, before he smiles slightly.
 
"Okay, Luhan, but remember what I told you!" Chanyeol quips. He bounces back to his room and closes the door in Luhan's face.
 
Luhan knows he'll probably forget whatever Chanyeol said by evening.
 
Oh, how wrong he is.