The Flipside

The Problem With Us

 

Sehun bites his lip lightly as Chanyeol lopes into his room like an exuberant bunny.

“What!” Sehun tries, but he can’t keep the annoyance out of his voice.

“Nothing,” Chanyeol smirks, but he’s grinning madly. He paces a few more steps forward, then stops again, that stupid grin still etched on his face. Well, Sehun wouldn’t call it stupid

“Guess what?” Chanyeol says, giggles, almost.

“I already asked you ‘what’.”

“Guess.” Chanyeol crouches down, his eyes b with excitement, face flushed.

“You got ice cream?” Sehun finally says, knowing it’s a stupid answer. Chanyeol wouldn’t be this happy, not for ice cream.

Chanyeol stands up again, stretches, and then sits crossed legged on the floor. “Partially correct,” He says, and then jumps up.

Sehun stares at him with barely contained amazement. Chanyeol’s so...so… hyper today.

He wheels his chair around, and faces Chanyeol with a blank look on his face. “Tell me, then.”

Chanyeol smiles broadly. “Luhan hyung brought me out today.”

“You always force him to bring you out,” Sehun sighs, hiding the jealousy in his voice.

“No, he brought me out on his own initiative.” Chanyeol’s now bouncing around Sehun with some crazy, possessed energy.

Sehun stops, his jaw dropping.

“He did what?!”

“He brought me to the mall…and then we ate lots of food…” A somewhat dreamy expression comes on Chanyeol’s face, and his eyes glaze over, as if he’s still dreaming about it.

Sehun drops the computer mouse that he’s holding, and it shocks Chanyeol out of his daydream.

“What!” Chanyeol snaps half-heartedly, looking irritated. Sehun would have laughed, but the situation’s too sudden, too shocking for him to handle.

“Is Luhan downstairs?” Sehun asks Chanyeol urgently, standing up.

Chanyeol looks surprised. “Yes-he-“

Sehun closes his laptop shut, and then rushes down the staircase in a fit of anger, jealousy, feelings he doesn’t want to admit he has.

Luhan took Chanyeol out? Since when? How…?

Sehun’s mind is whirling as fast as his stomach-he feels queasy, his heart is beating loudly, there’s a painful, aching feeling in his chest, and as he approaches Luhan, the only word he can think of is ouch.

And when he reaches the curly haired Luhan, he whirls him around and grabs him by the lapels of his beige-colored shirt.

“Sehun!” Luhan’s eyes widen, and after he quickly assesses the situation, his eyebrows crease, and his voice goes cold. “Put me down.”

Sehun can only see the haze of red in front of him, not Luhan’s face, not Luhan at all, just the haze of red anger. He grabs more fistfuls of Luhan’s shirt, pulling it tighter, although not entirely sure what he’s going to do with it besides ripping it to pieces.

“Put me down, Sehun!” Luhan sounds angry too, and a little desperate now. This garners some satisfaction from Sehun, but his rage doesn’t decrease, in fact, it builds by the second, the words mocking in his head, he brought me out on his own initiative.

“Sehun!” Chanyeol’s shocked voice travels down the stairwell, anxious and disapproving. Sehun ignores him too.

Luhan’s trying to get free, pushing Sehun away, but Sehun won’t let go, in fact, if he did, he’ll slap Luhan as hard as he possibly can.

“Sehun! Let Luhan hyung down!” Chanyeol urges, running towards him.

“No! I won’t, ever-“ Sehun’s voice is half strangled and choked, but before he can finish, Chanyeol’s hands are on his shoulders, gentle but tight, dragging him backwards, but Sehun won’t let go, and Luhan’s falling forwards with them too…

Then Luhan manages to somehow break free from Sehun’s death grip, and he stumbles backwards, and Chanyeol lets go of Sehun to go support him…

Sehun pushes himself upright. The hurt is throbbing through his veins now, demanding to be felt.

Luhan brushes his shirt as he stands, glaring icily at Sehun, but the rage behind is eyes is obvious.

“What was that for?” He growls, fist clenched. “How dare you- I never provoke you- in fact, you’re always attacking me, but now this-!

Sehun purses his mouth, trying to find the words he needs.

“And always taunting me, too-“

Sehun feels a tinge of guilt, but pushes the feeling away roughly.

Chanyeol interrupts Luhan’s rant. His voice is stern, sterner than Sehun has ever heard, and hearing Chanyeol speak to him like that stings like salt on an open wound. “Why did you do that, Sehun?”

Sehun grinds his teeth noisily, fixated on Luhan, hands clenched at his sides. “He- he… he brought you out! It was never going to happen, he shouldn’t have- I mean, I don’t want to- but he- he- he makes it so much worse because- and you, Chanyeol! You-“

Sehun stops, feeling the flush in his cheeks and the tears about to spill from his eyes. He blinks once, twice, recollects himself, then continues glaring silently at Luhan.

Luhan’s expression, however, is one of confusion, and so is Chanyeol’s.

“Don’t you get it?” Sehun asks exasperatedly, his tone slightly pleading.

“So…are you angry at him…or me…?” Chanyeol asks tentatively.

HIM!” The word is ripped furiously from Sehun and he screams it out with such frustration that Luhan jumps back.

“I never did anything!” Luhan protests.

“You brought him out!” Sehun shouts again, the blood roaring in his ears. It’s all he can do to stop himself from leaping at Luhan and tearing him to little tiny pieces.

Luhan stops short. The iciness in his voice returns. “…Are you implying that you’re in love with me? Remember, you’re the one who said you couldn’t handle our relationship…”

“I’m not in love with you, you bastard! I don’t even like you!” Sehun’s well and truly crying now, hot tears on his cheeks, rolling down his chin. Chanyeol looks alarmed.

“Then why the hell did you attack me?” Luhan roars back.

“Because I wanted to- but then you never- and then I-“ Sehun’s trying and failing, he wants to tell them yet he’s too embarrassed, too ashamed.

“Spit it out already!”

“I…”

Sehun pauses, trying to gather his courage, his faith, but seeing Luhan standing next to Chanyeol, judging, mocking, looking down at him, he can’t.

“I don’t…”

Sehun feels Chanyeol’s inquiring gaze on him, and he can’t seem to open his mouth, because the consequences are too big, and he’s too much of a coward….

“…I can’t. I just – no. I won’t.”

Luhan sighs. He grabs Chanyeol’s hand, and the contact makes Sehun’s chest burn. “Come on, let’s get out of here, Chanyeol.”

He walks away, towards the door with Chanyeol, without a backwards glance.

But Chanyeol looks back, his gaze pitying, and in that instance, Sehun hates himself so, so much.

Because all he really wanted to say from the very start was that Luhan has stolen everything away from him, that he hates the way everything had inexplicably started with Luhan, that…

That he has fallen in love with Park Chanyeol.

 

Author's note:

Heyyy! Hope you guys enjoyed this and now you understand why Sehun's such a 'dip' (nice word lol).

Anyways, I'd appreciate if you guys comment below what you think about the characters so far and which pairing you support most. Also, I would like to know how much you guys enjoyed this scene in Sehun's POV :)

THANK U FOR UR SUPPORT!!! ILY!!!

~TheScribbler

p.s. Like mah new posterrr???