2. || TWO

Coming Home To You [New Update ^^]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After driving for an hour and half you arrived at the desired pick-up point. Seeing the two big bussed lined up made you anxious and gave you a sick feeling to your stomach too. You didn't like it for one bit and you sure felt sorry for all the other girlfriends, fiancé’s and wives who were going to be left behind. Jonghyun parked the car before you both stepped out. Luckily you arrived a little early giving you a few more extra minutes alone with your man. A little more time to say goodbye until Mrs Kim interrupted the both of you. "Jonghyun-ah" Mrs. Kim shouted making her way to see her son. "You really did not think of saying goodbye to your mother?" "I'm sorry mom, but isn't that a bit your own fault?" Jonghyun said with a calming voice. "Maybe" Mrs. Kim lied "I am still going to miss you" she continued spontaneously hugging her son accidentally pushing you aside. "Please take care of yourself ok?" Jonghyun nodded "I will. Don't worry about me. But don't forget what I told you. I meant every single word". Mrs. Kim didn't say anything and just let go of Jonghyun while his dad gave him a hug as well "Do well" Mr. Kim said giving his son a firm hug. "I won't disappoint. I don't have a choice anyway" Jonghyun sighed moving his eyes to his older sister. From everyone in the family, he was the closest with her. Too bad he didn't see her that much since she got married last year and is now expecting a baby. Jonghyun smiled giving his sister a hug "I am sorry I can't be there to greet the new family member". Yura smiled "It's ok. You have to serve military. As long as you come to visit when you're back. Promise me you will?" "I will" Jonghyun said with a smile in his voice "Take care of yourself yea?" Yura nodded "Of course. I have a caring husband who looks after me" she chuckled and looked at you. She was the only person in the family who actually liked you and looked back at her brother. "Take care of yourself as well, because you have someone to come home to". Jonghyun smiled and looked at you "I know. I shouldn't be asking this since you're not living anyplace close, but…" Yura knew exactly what her brother was going to say "You got it". "Thanks" Jonghyun sighed with relief. Just when Jonghyun turned back to you, three familiar face in the distance walked his way. It was Key, Taemin and Minho. "Jonghyun hyung!!" they shouted.


"What you guys doing here?" Jonghyun shrugged not expecting anyone from SHINee to see him off. "We're here to see you off you idiot" Key chuckled. "Of course we're here. We saw Onew off last year, now we're here to see you off too. Please do well" Taemin smiled as cutely as he always did. "Thanks for seeing me off you guys!" Jonghyun smiled hugging everyone one by one to show his gratitude. "Just come back in one piece" Minho joked. "Got it" Jonghyun smiled and turned around pulling you closer to him by your hands "Out of everyone I'll miss you the most" and kissed your temple. "I'll miss you more" you whispered forcing a smile. Jonghyun took off his watch and the bracelet you gave him on your first anniversary two years ago he never took off before until now "I want you to keep this for me until I come back home to you" he whispered putting the bracelet around your wrist and placed the watch in your hand. You knew it was his favorite watch and somehow holding it in your hands felt as if you were never going to see him alive again. Although at the same time you hoped it was not. Why did it have to hurt you this much? It sure cut you like a blade. You looked at Jonghyun while tears rolled down your cheeks. The last time something hurt so much was when you lost your mother at the age of seven. Jonghyun took your face between his hands peering into your eyes "Baby, no matter what happens. I'm coming home to you. I love you". You didn't really want to but as soon as he said these words you started to break down making first Key cry with you followed by his own sister who felt sorry for you. She once had to deal with this herself, she knew exactly how you felt. Mrs. Kim shrugged "What a joke" and turned around thinking you were putting on a show. "Mother, shut up" Yura hissed at her mother. "I love you too" you sobbed breathing unevenly while Jonghyun hungrily kissed you. You wrapped your arms around his waist holding him as tight as you possibly could. Jonghyun tried to remove the tears from your cheeks with his thumbs but they came down like a waterfall. It hurt him and started to cry too holding you tighter and closer to him. He really didn't like this.


The boys were called to the busses as they were preparing to leave. Jonghyun took one more look into your eyes "Look for a red box in the closet". You nodded still crying forever not sure what he meant with that and if you were going to remember to look for it. "I'll miss you. Just come back without a scratch ok? I need you" "I know baby. I will" Jonghyun assured you "Please take care of yourself for me too?" "I'll look out for her" Key assured his hyung and best friend. "Me too" Minho and Taemin both added at the same time. "I love you Avery" Jonghyun whispered caressing your lips with his thumbs ready to kiss them one last time. "I love you too" you sobbed. Jonghyun gave you one last kiss before he let you go and walked away, not losing eye contact with you until he got onto the bus. As soon as everyone disappeared into the busses, they took off. The whole pick up place was filled with crying girlfriends and families as soon as the busses disappeared out of sight, and you were no exception. Yura felt really bad for you and knew like no other how hard the next two years were going to be and gave you a big comforting hug "If you need someone to talk, please call me ok? I know how you feel". You forced a smile with gratitude looking at Yura with your watery eyes "I will and thank you". "You don't have to thank me. I know you love my brother and for the record, I do like you. My brother couldn't have a better girlfriend than you. Don't care too much for what our mother says" Yura assured you. "I really appreciate it. He's lucky to have a sister like you". You were not in the best state of mind as you continued to cry. Since Key, Taemin and Minho arrived with one car, Key decided to drive you back home to make sure you would return safe. Besides, he would be dead meat if Jonghyun would found out if something happened to you on his watch. While you left the place with Key, followed by Taemin and Minho, Mrs. Kim gave you a death glare and smiled like only the devil would. "Let's see how far she will go" she whispered before getting into her own car.


The whole journey back to your house you didn't say a word while your head rested against the window staring at the passing scenery, crying with no ends. Every now and then Key would take a quick look at you and knew that the next weeks were going to be hard for you. He could only imagine how much, but he was determined to keep his word towards his best friend and look out for you. Finally arriving in front of your house, Key parked the car on the driveway and took the key out of the ignition. "Ave, we're here" he whispered. He called you 'Ave' since you two were really good friends too. He was the kind of friend you could spent hours shopping with. You two were a lot like a brother and sister to each other. With a blank facial expression and red puffy eyes you looked at Key and finally stepped out. Key did the same and walked you to the front door looking somewhat worried "Please do eat ok?" You nodded lifelessly. "Thank you for taking me home". "No problem" and he pulled you in a hug "Please call me whenever you need to talk or if you need something. It doesn't matter if it's day or night alright? I'll be here as soon as I can". "Thank you" you whispered and went into the house closing the door behind you. You took a look around. It felt so empty without Jonghyun. This was your home ever since you permanently moved to Seoul one and a half year ago. The decoration, the furniture. Everything in this house was done together. You dragged yourself into the kitchen taking a glass of water and sat yourself on the couch starting to cry all over again digging your face in your hands. Key on the other hand just stood in front of the house knowing you were probably upset. Just the thought made him choke up all over again. "Please call me if you need something" he sighed reaching for his phone in his pocket to call a taxi to pick him up.


A few days passed. Even though you had your own business, you kept the salon closed for a while longer due to personal reasons. Truth is, you were not feeling good enough to go out of the house at all. You spent the last eight days in bed crying yourself to sleep feeling miserable. You were a mess and didn't really know how to deal with Jonghyun's departure feeling a half of you was missing. You couldn't recall the last time you felt as miserable as you did now. You would stare at the picture frame holding a photograph of the two of you standing on his bedside table for hours. You felt hopeless and were wondering if you could be able to function at all?! Key worried about you because he didn't hear anything from since the day Jonghyun left for the army. He knew you would need a bit of time, but it was making him anxious not knowing how you really were doing. He couldn't stand it any longer and decided to visit you. Maybe you didn't really want to see him, but he was going to do everything to make you feel better. Even if that lasted for just a little bit. Key had the key to your home since he was a very close friend to both you and Jonghyun and carefully walked through the front door. "Avery?!" he shouted as he walked into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter