3. || THREE

Coming Home To You [New Update ^^]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks for everything" you whispered pulling away from the hug while you walked out of the hospital after you made an appointment with a gynecologist, back to Kibum's car. Key gave you one of his cute smiles. "No worries. I am glad I can help somehow. Don't worry about it. I'll look out for you like I promised Jonghyun I would". It wasn't long until a small smile appeared on your face. Key parked his car near a small coffee place. The same coffee place Jonghyun took you on one of your first dates. You ordered a glass of fresh made orange juice and a piece of strawberry cheesecake pie and Key ordered a piece of apple pie and an Americano coffee. You both sat yourselves down at one of the empty tables and took your time to catch your breath and gain some strength with sweet comfort food. While you took a bite of your strawberry cheesecake you were just staring out of the window daydreaming about when Jonghyun used to take you to this place and how he would feed you a bit of strawberry cheesecake and how messy it got the first time just because he made you laugh. Lost in thought you were no longer really eating your piece despite it being your favorite. Instead you were killing the cake stabbing it with your fork. You were not paying attention to anything around you and also didn't see who was coming through the door. Key's eyes grew big as soon as he saw Mrs. Kim walking in 'Great, here comes the devil'. He looked away hoping she wouldn't notice the both of you sitting in the corner, but he also knew, there is no Asian with a natural blond hair color. Mrs. Kim walked over to your table. "Having a romantic piece of pie together? How sweet!" she said sarcastically. "Mrs. Kim" Key said nearly choking on his pie. "I thought you were Jonghyun's best friend?" and she moved her eyes from Key to you. "I wonder what he will say when he sees how comfortable the two of you are?" "Mrs. Kim it's not what you think! With all respect, I just treated her with some comfort food" Key defended the both of you. Mrs. Kim shrugged. "Is she deaf? Can't she speak for herself?" As expected you didn't notice what was happening around you. You didn't hear anything. You were caught in your own little world. You didn't even notice that Mrs. Kim was taking the fork out of your hand.


Mrs. Kim stabbed the cake harshly "Yah!! I'm talking to you" she shouted for everyone in the shop to hear and startled the both of you. You gave Mrs. Kim a confused look. Soon when you realized it was Jonghyun's mom standing in front of you, you moved back with your chair, nearly falling off. 'What does she want from me and what is she doing here?' "Did you lose your tongue?" Mrs. Kim hissed at you with that arrogant look on her face looking down on you. "Oh I am sorry. Did I scare you?" she softened her tone and turned her face to Key "Something is wrong with her?" Key faked a smile. "Give her a break. I don't understand why you dislike her so much? She just sent off her fiancé to the army eight days ago. She hasn't slept and has a tough time" he defended you. "And he is my son" Mrs. Kim hissed at Key. "She" and looked at you "Is not family material and I'll do whatever it takes to have my way". "No you're not" Key said protecting you. "I shouldn't be interfering with other people's lives, but Jonghyun's my best friend and so is Avery. As far as I am concerned they love each other more than anything else in the world and I will not sit back and watch how you ruin everything they have". Mrs. Kim giggled "You're funny!" and continued to laugh. "I'm serious!" she straighten her face back to display of arrogance. "I don't understand why Jonghyun proposed to missy lost her tongue over here without our permission and we will never allow it" and came closer with her face to yours "NEVER" she shouted making you jump. "He's marrying someone else. A woman with class. We already arranged his marriage. As soon as he comes back from the army he marries her. End of story". You blinked your eyes "You....you can't do that?!!" "Watch me! All I have to do is get rid of you. I wonder how much you really love my son. If you love him that much, I suggest you just let him go" Mrs. Kim whispered. You shook your head with tears in your eyes "I'll never let him go no matter how much you would want me to. I won't". "And I won't allow it" Key added giving Mrs. Kim a firm look. "Fine" Mrs. Kim smirked "Suit yourself. But just so you know, don't tell me I never warned you" and walked away, took her coffee and left the shop. You didn't say anything and just blankly stared in front of you. "Avery, are you ok?" Key asked in a worried tone. You pushed the cake away from you and slowly started crying again. "I want to go home".


Key understood what you meant and what you were saying. "Let's go" he whispered as you followed Key out of the shop back to his car. The whole ride you didn't say a word and Key would turn his head a few times worrying about you only hearing a few sobs here and there. He felt hopeless and wished he could do more for you than just being there for you as a friend. If he could he would have traded places with Jonghyun instead. 'I'm not sure what Mrs. Kim is up to, but whatever it is, I'll protect you from it' he said to himself looking once more before looking back to the road ahead of him. As soon as he reached your house Key parked the car on the driveway walking you to the door. "Will you be alright?" he asked with a worried voice. You gave a slight nod wiping the tears off your cheeks. "I'm sorry. I'm just a mess these days and so much is happening. Too much at the same to deal with, but thank you for taking me out today". Key gave you a friendly smile. "Don't mention it. Please be ok and please do call when you need a friend. I'll come check on you again soon and bring the others as well". You smiled at your friend "Thank you" you whispered while hugging Key. "Take care of yourself and the little baby. I'll see you soon" Key assured you walking back to the car. You watched Key getting into his vehicle and closed the door behind you as soon as you he disappeared from your sight. You released a big sigh taking off your boots and stumbled into the living room sitting on the couch making yourself comfortable skipping through a few channels on the TV looking for something to watch. But it was quite boring so it wasn't long before you switched it off again. You decided to change yourself into something more comfortable. Baggy pants, an oversized sweater and warm woolen socks and tied your hair into a bun. Before you left the bedroom again, you slowly rubbed your hand over your tummy taking a deep breath. "I can't believe this is happening" and you carefully sat yourself down on Jonghyun's bedside and took the photograph from the night stand and over the smiling Jonghyun with your index finger. "I'm so sorry you can't be here to share this with me" and let out a heavy sigh. "You left me with a surprise after all" you shrugged talking to the frame as if he was there with you. "I'll take care of our baby and we'll wait for you to come home" you whispered putting the frame back down.


You rose from the bed and walked to the bookshelf to grab a book and decided to relax yourself by taking a bath. You placed the book in the bathroom and ran the water to fill the bathtub. Just when you put some soap in, you got startled by the heavy knock on your door. 'Who the hell would that be at this hour?' You turned off the tap and walked to the front door still wearing your black nerdy glasses carefully opening the front door. You couldn't say anything and was thrown off guard when Mrs. Kim just barged in uninvited. "Excuse me?" you said carefully trying to make her aware she was invading your privacy. Mrs. Kim gave you that arrogant glare she always gave you. "Let's talk". "I'm sorry, but I don't really feel..." "It's urgent. This conversation has to be now and no more time can be wasted" Mrs. Kim interrupted you in the middle of your sentence. "What's so urgent that can't wait one more day? I was just planning on taking a bath" you informed Jonghyun's mother. "Let's do this quick and I'll only say this once" Mrs. Kim started completely ignoring what you just said. "I want you to get out of this house" she added as if it wasn't a big deal. Your eyes grew bigger. "What?" you asked in disbelief. "I asked you to leave this house" Mrs. Kim repeated herself. "I heard that" you started crossing your arms over your chest. "You can't ask me to leave this house? Jonghyun and I bought this house together. It's my home, so you can't do that" you defended yourself. "Try me. My son is responsible for this house no matter if you bought it together or not. I need you to leave within twenty-four hours. You can co-operate and do it the easy way or I will make it harder for you" Mrs. Kim assured you. "Twenty-four hours? You're insane! I will not leave my own home" you assured her. Mrs. Kim gave you a slap in your face. "Don't raise your voice to me like that! You're going to regret it young lady. Remember you'll only have twenty-four hours" Mrs. Kim reminded you before walking out of the door and disappeared in her big silver vehicle. You rubbed your hands over the aching spot in your face. "Is she out of her mind? Who is she to tell me to leave? Where do I go?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter