Chapter 7

My Mom, My Lover, My Vamp

Jessica looked at the door in front of her, the pink wooden door that she until now don’t have any idea what in the world that Tiffany possibly do that makes Taeyeon agree with this… abstract color of the door before slowly raising her right hand and knocking the door.

“Come in!” a muffled voice can be heard from the other side of the door and makes Jessica let herself smile for a bit before she open the door room and was greeted by the view that she rarely seen, Tiffany’s room.

The room didn’t looked so different from the last time Jessica saw, and that was when Tiffany reach her twelve years old which means five years already passed. The change in the room is just really minor and yet not really hard to notice.

Tiffany room still has baby pink color for her wall, a pink bed sheet, and dolls surrounded her bed, but now instead of having a single bed she now has a queen size pink bed and her used to small wardrobe now transform into a large one with a white and pink color and now she has her own cosmetic table that was filled with many lotion, cream, lip balm and things that Jessica not quite understand. Afterall, she’s a vampire and as a vampire she never need any of those things. She’s already gorgeous the way she is. Not that Tiffany not gorgeous but humans and vampires have different type of beauty. Being gorgeous is one of the way of vampire to lure their victims.

“Jessica?!” Tiffany shouted and almost immediately she get up from her previous position which is laying on her bed while playing with the doll that Jessica get for her before. The Totoro doll.

“It’s Jessi.” Jessica corrected as she walks into the room, not to forgetting to closed the door.

“What are you doing here?”

Jessica raised her eyebrows, “Why? I can’t?”

“Not that you can’t but-“

Jessica chuckled, “Relax, I won’t do anything I came here to treat your wrists.” Jessica said as she shows the first aid kit that she brought with her.

As a vampire family, The Kim household never need the first box aid but when Tiffany arrive and she grown up as an active kid that always run here and there, making the vampires had a hard time to stop the little girl, the little girl always ended up hurting herself and Taeyeon immediately told Yuri to buy the first aid kit and make sure that they always have the supply. Afterall, eventhough the vampires can hold theirselves from drinking the younger girl blood because they always make sure to drink blood as much as they can, having an injured little kid with blood oozing out from her scar is still not a best option.

“Oh…” Tiffany muttered before she looked down and Jessica take that as a sign that the younger girl doesn’t mind about her presence as she walked closer to the younger girl and then kneeled down so her face now in the same height with Tiffany.

“Let me see your hands.” Jessica said as she gave the younger girl a smile that makes the latter cheeks blushed a little.

“You can sit beside me you know, instead of kneeling like that.” Tiffany muttered.

Jessica shrugged, “I like this position better.”

Tiffany let out a sighed, “You’re weird.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s not a compliment.”

“I think that as one.”

Tiffany shook her head in defeated, she really don’t know how to face the vampire in front of her. Whatever she said, Jessica always know how to retort back and somehow teasing her and makes her irritate.

“Whatever.” Tiffany mumbled and that makes Jessica smiled.

“Good, now hands.”

“Now you sound like talking to a puppy.”

“Hands.”

“…Fine.” Tiffany mumbled grumpily before showing her hands towards Jessica.

Jessica examined the now swollen wrists in front of her before let out a sighed and take a Kool-Aid from the first aid kit and spray it to Tiffany swollen wrist and makes the younger girl winced slightly.

“Is it hurt?” Jessica asked after a minute of silence as she took the bandage scroll and carefully wrapped Tiffany’s swollen wrists with it.

“No, not really.” Tiffany said as she looked at Jessica. “It only hurt if I moved it too much.”

Jessica hummed as the response but her eyes keep looking at Tiffany swollen wrists while her hands never stop from wrapping the it with the bandage. Tiffany can feel the heat come up to her face once again when she looked at Jessica serious and worried face. It’s been so long since Tiffany saw Jessica looked like this and she will lie if she said she doesn’t miss the serious side of Jessica as the older girl now only know how to tease people and toying with them.

“There, all done.” Jessica said, pulling back Tiffany from her own mind and makes the younger girl quickly looked away from Jessica’s face, afraid that the older girl will caught her looking. “Now be careful.”

Tiffany nodded her head as she mumbling her thanks and that makes Jessica raise her eyebrows, “Are you sure you’re okay? You said thanks to me again.”

Tiffany frowned, “Shut up will you?”

Jessica let out a small chuckle before she patted Tiffany’s head and makes the younger girl slapped her hand away like it was some kind of disgusting thing in the world with an obviously annoyed expression.

“Stop treating me like a kid.” Tiffany said.

Jessica shrugged, “Old habit die hard. Now go to sleep, tomorrow is a school day.”

“I know.” Tiffany grumbled as she looked at Jessica who put away the bandage scroll into the first aid kit.

“I’ll go now.” Jessica said as she stands up with the kit in her hold.

“Are you going to sleep?”

“No, I’m going to seek for blood.” Jessica said as she gave Tiffany a smirk that Tiffany really loathed.

“You’re going out to seek for victim again.”

“It’s not call victim if they willingly give it to me.”

“And I bet you will spend your night with them at some random hotel or in your room. You’re not will only going to take their blood are you?”

“It’s a bonus.” Jessica said nonchalantly before she turns her body away from Tiffany and walked towards the door.

“Why you always have to be like this?” Tiffany said softly as she looked at Jessica’s back, making the vampire stop and looked at her.

“Like what?” Jessica asked.

“Like this….”

“….I’m a vampire Tiffany, it’s in my nature.” Jessica answered briefly before giving Tiffany a small grin and said, “Talk later Tiffany.” And with that the vampire went out the room leaving the younger girl all alone in her thoughts.

 

XXX

 

It was already late in the night when a lonesome figure walked out from a bar into the dark alley in the crossroad between two tall buildings. His movements is so fast and calculated so no one can see or notice him, not that it was necessary considering that there are not many people walking around the area as it was a downtown area where almost all poor and criminals people live. But still he doesn’t want to attract any unnecessary attention on him beside it’s better to be precautious than be sorry.

Especially with the people who he will meet soon enough.

“I’m here.” The man said in a low grumbled voice when he finally reach at the dead end of the alley and looked around the seems empty place.

A second later, two petite figures walked out from the shadow and the man almost flinched when he saw them. He never knew how they can always show up in the middle of nowhere like that.

“It’s about time.” The smaller figure said in a low grumbled voice as she looked at the man.

“You don’t know how long we’ve been waiting there and really it was not something that I was fond of.” The second figure said while rolling her eyes.

The man gulped, the two women in front of him sure is the definition of beauty. They looked really flawless and really attractive as hell. They both looked so innocent as well and like couldn’t hurt anything at all with their petite body however, he knows better than to messing around with them. Not when he knows that his life will be in danger.

“This is not my fault.” The man said in a low voice as he was afraid talking in a louder voice will make them snapped and kill him. “You always asked to meet up in a sudden. And Taeyeon, what a nice surprise. When is the last time we met again?”

“Cut the yapping, Kang In.” Taeyeon said as she looked at Kang In, “We’re here for some information and my sisters convince me that you had the most reliable source of information about the dark underground stuff.”

Kang In frowned when he heard that and then turn around to looked at Jessica direction, “You know really well that I am already stop working at the underground.”

“We know.” Jessica simply said as she played with her hair, “But still Hyoyeon and I was really convince that even after you done with all those things, you still have a valuable information as well.”

“Sooyeon-“

“Actually it’s Jessica now.”

Kang In sighed, “Jessica, you know very well that I cut all my ties with my friends in the underground. I don’t know anything anymore.”

“That is what I’m telling to her before when she suddenly suggest to meet you.” Taeyeon said. “But she said it’s worth a try rather than just waiting for the next attack.”

“Kang In, please.” Jessica said in a soft and low voice that makes Kang In’s eyes widened in surprise, Jessica never pleaded like that before. The girl pride is too high and the one time Kang In ever heard Jessica talked like that was when that event fifteen years ago occurred.

The event where Jessica lost Miyoung.

“You’re the only one I know that can help us right now. You’re once a really good informant in the underground business and I really need you now.” Jessica said, “We need you now.”

Kang In raised his eyebrows, “We?”

“Our family.” Taeyeon said. “That’s the reason I am here too as well.”

“What is it this time?” Kang In asked. “If the whole Kim family involved than that means it must be something really important happen.”

“Someone targeting Tiffany.”

“Miyoung’s daughter?”

“Yes.” Jessica nodded.

“Why?”

“That is what we want to know.” Taeyeon said and looked at Kang In. “We don’t know anything. A vampire named Taecyeon suddenly attack Tiffany and he keep talking about someone who assigned him to do that and will kill him when he knows that he failed.”

“The worse part is we can’t even feel his presence.” Jessica said. “It was not normal at all, how come a vampire hide their presence from us? From the pure blood vampires like us?”

“So it was working.” Kang In mumbled softly but not soft enough as the two vampires can heard him as clear as the sun in a day time.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked, alerted.

Kang In shook his head, “I was once heard right before I quit from the underground business that someone had been developing a liquid that can hide vampires presence even from the pure blood. I never thought it can be working or true. I thought it was just a mere rumor back then and not paid any attention on it.”

Jessica sighed as she run her fingers on her hair, “Well it sure as hell not just a rumor and this someone already perfecting it.”

Taeyeon shook her head, “This is bad. If that really the case what will happen if the others vampires start to using it as well? The bad vampires can be roaming around freely, humans to dry and can get away from it because no one can feel their presence anymore.”

“This is bad because they can attack Tiffany without we noticed it!” Jessica said, almost shouted towards Taeyeon, “I don’t care about the other humans at all! All that I care is Tiffany.”

“And you think I don’t care about her?” Taeyeon snarled as she looked at Jessica with cold eyes as her eyes began to shifting its color. “I care about her but I also care about what will happen to the world and other living things if those things are fall into a wrong hand!”

“Well obviously it’s already fall into a wrong hand.” Jessica said in a cold tone as well as her eyes too began to change color, “They are trying to attack Tiffany, Taeyeon!”

“I know that!”

“Then you should as hell know that right now all that we can focus is on Tiffany! Whoever it is already got the liquid on his hands and right now he using it to get Tiffany! We can’t prevent what already happen, all we can do is to prevent something from happening and that is they got Tiffany or worse killed her!”

The sisters stared at each other for a whole minute, making Kang In feeling greatly uncomfortable and slightly afraid before Taeyeon sighed and closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes, her eyes color change back into her original color and that is when Kang In know everything already okay.

“I’m sorry. I know that really well Sooyeon.” Taeyeon said, “But I can’t also turn blind eyes to the other humans. I am the leader of Kim family and it was my duty to protect my family and make sure nothing wrong happen to worlds, the vampires and humans.”

“I know, and I am sorry too.” Jessica said with a sighed as her eyes change back into their normal color as well.

“Listen Sooyeon,” Taeyeon began and Jessica looked at her, “We don’t know who after Tiffany at this point and judging from Kang In reaction he doesn’t have any idea or clue at all.”

Kang In nodded his head, supporting Taeyeon words.

“However, I am pretty sure that Kang In have an information we need that will be suffice for us right now.”

“I do?” Kang In asked as he looked at Taeyeon questionly. As long as he remember, he doesn’t have any idea at all.

“Yes you do Kang In.” Taeyeon nodded her head as she looked at Kang In that makes Jessica do the same as well. “Listen did you remember from where you listen the information about the liquid back then?”

“What do you want to do with that information?” Jessica asked before Kang In can even open his mouth. “I don’t think it was relevant-“

“You’re wrong in that.” Taeyeon shook her head, “If we know who shared that information before then we can eventually know who is this ‘someone’. The one who was developing the liquid. And when we get into him then we can force him to tell us who he gave that liquid so we can narrow it down to this man that trying to attack and take Tiffany away.”

Jessica eyes glinted, “Or better, if this someone use only for himself then it means we can caught him right away.”

 “Right.” Taeyeon smirked before she looked at Kang In, “So can you tell us from who did you heard this information, Kang In?”

Kang In sighed, “I don’t remember who since like I said I just heard it and I thought it was just some kind of rumor. But I can tell you where I heard it.”

Jessica nodded her head, “It’s good enough.”

“I heard it from the underground vampire bar in district 78 called The Fallen.”

Taeyeon frowned, “District 78? That district is where the Choi family live.”

Jessica shrugged, “Well at least it will be interesting.” Jessica said before she looked at Kang In and offered him a small smiled, “Thank you, Kang In. Once again you help me.”

Kang In shook his head, “Just stay away from trouble.”

Jessica nodded her head before she and Taeyeon walked to the shadow and in a blink of eyes they are gone.

Kang In let out a sighed and shook his head, “I am too old for this.” He mumbled and then walked away from the alley. 

 


A/N : I am so so so sorry about this really delayed story!!! >< I bet many of you probably already forgetting about this story and for that I was really sorry. Truth to be told I was having a massive writer block, busy life, stupid university stuff and other things like that. I know that whatever I was saying probably just become an excuse. But I just can't help but say how sorry I was M(-___-)M.

I hope this new chapter is a good way to apologize to you guys and if it still not enough I will just said sorry again M(-___-)M.

I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter and well... please forgive my grammar and stupid tense or typo. It's been a long time since I write this story and many things I already forget including how to write a good chapter so I just can hope this chapter is still good.

Please tell me what you guys think by review and fav really appreciate.

Special thanks to all of my reader who still put up with me and this story after a long hiatus status.

Thank you so much, I love you guys! :*