Puppet Master.

Broken Line

"Ventriloquism, or ventriloquy, is an act of stagecraft in which a person (a ventriloquist) changes his or her voice so that it appears that the voice is coming from elsewhere, usually a puppeteered 'dummy'."


I keep on staring at my palm after I got home, Tiffany's warmth was still induced on it yet the thing that bugged me was the stain that left-even if it's not that black since Tiffany had it too. "Taeng, that's dirty." Jiwoong was looking at my palm while he closed the door, "Sorry.. I was wiping the whiteboard with my palm." he chuckled and I simply smiled at him.

"Jingie!" I called him, "Got ya!" I swipe my palm on his left cheek and his face went dark alongside my fading laughter. He glared me and I placed my hand quietly on my skirt pocket, Jiwoong's anger was not on my list for that day. I was ready to walk away with my head hung low but Jiwoong chortled that made me stopped and stared. "You should look at your face!" he laughed, "I totally got you back there." this prankster of a sibling-but I'm no one to say that because I was one of it.

"If only I had the third eye in front of me, I would." I snorted, "I should learn how to glare like you." he squinted his eyes on me-I squinted back. "I guess it's not the glare." Jiwoong said while scoffing, "You need to act rough sometimes to shoo away some jackass." now that he said it-I realize that what made me scared of him was the way he delivered his anger; it was horrible because he holds his anger in for all the time and it was surprising when it's out.

I threw my bag to our half broken sofa and move my feet to the washroom and remove the sticky stain on my palm. "Am I too soft?" I asked Jiwoong when I dried my hand, "I mean, being harsh to someone was not in my dictionary." he was walking inside the washroom when I went out. "You remembered how I was bullied." I said to him when he washed his face, "You couldn't fight them back." finally Jiwoong finished and he turned his gaze on me.

Jiwoong put his arms around me and brought me to the living room while patting my shoulder, he let me sit before he did. "Taeng, as my sister I knew that you're weak on verbal attack." he locked his gaze on mine, "But it doesn't mean that you don't have any strength to fight back." I blew a loud sigh. "But I gave up. I drop out from school, a year." I frowned and he noticed that immediately.

"You was not ready." he gave me a pat on the back, "You know why they use verbal attacks? Because they're actually weak but attacked on someone weaker that makes them look stronger; yet they are foolish enough to not know that they already strenghten the person they attacked." Jiwoong was comforting me-he understood that my memories would wreck me down anytime it came back.

"Something troubled you?" Jiwoong asked, "You would acted like this if there is something." he rubbed my back. I pondered-worried that Jiwoong would be disappointed if I told him my troubles, I shook my head and mouthed 'I'm alright.' and hoped that he'd understood. Jiwoong nodded but he didn't say anything, I guess he chose not to bug me with questions as I will open up myself.

"Yeonie would be home soon, wait for her."


I couldn't looked at him in the eye-that man. He dragged me to the rooftop of school, just at the time when I'm arrived; the grip hurted me and he pulled me harshly like I'm his toy. "What is it, Taecyeon?" I rubbed my wrist after he released it, "Be quick because my bag is not that light to be carried for long." I hissed that made him turned to me. "You're here to hear my plans." he smirked, "There's no way I could wait." it chilled my spine for a second.

Taecyeon shoved his phone into my hand, I gave him a questioning look. "You should record her voice for me, every replies of sweet words that I wrote there on the draft." I realized that he purposed-ly disabled his phone password lock, "And it should be without your voice." disgusting much? I clicked my tounge and keep his phone on my pocket before he grabbed my shoulder harshly.

"You should also be able to take a picture of her." he said in a low tone and right beside my ears, I yanked my shoulder from his grip and walk away. I kept on tapping my pocket on my way down, I had a thought of throwing his phone to the toilet cubicle but of course I couldn't. Half-heartedly I took his phone out of my pocket and checked his draft, it was all non-romantic and kind of lustful.

I rolled my eyes and pretend to gag my guts out of my life that Sunny almost bumped to me. "Careful there! You looked like you're being chased." Sunny warned me, "By the way, Tiff searched for you." she said while walking away to the teacher's office. I locked the phone and shove it inside my pocket again, just like what Sunny said to me-Tiffany was there waiting inside the class.

"Tae! You're a bit late today." I nodded while tiredly putting my bag on my chair, "Heavy bag." but it's actually because of Taecyeon-the bag also hurt my shoulder nonetheless. "Damn math. If only the teacher didn't say anything about bringing laptop." she massaged my shoulder, "Thanks, but I'm alright. Y'know what? Let's just go downstairs and buy some milk, hm?" I tapped her hand and hold it once I turned my back.

"Good offer Tae, but I don't really want to drink any milk for today." she shook her head with a pout-it was cute, "But I want to. I'll buy a pack of tea for you." I dragged her with me lightly; I'm not as harsh as Taecyeon was. "It should be the strawberry one." she poked my side that I flinched, "No more poke, alright?" I squinted my eyes on her and she did my movement-hand swatting.

Having our chat downstairs was better than being watched by Taecyeon, but what's with my luck that day; I bumped into his mom. "My apology, excuse me." I quickly dragged Tiffany with me trying to be away from his mom, "Hey, aren't you Taecyeon's friend? I'm his mother." Tiffany halted and it made me stop also-she was calling for her. "Yes we are." Tiffany answered, "She's also his friend?" his mom cockily pointed at me with her chin.

"She is ma'am." Tiffany worriedly looked at me, "Please excuse us ma'am." she bowed to her and she took the chance to get away with me. We we're running-literally, I looked back and saw his mom walked away while folding her arm; I could notice her frown. "Tae, I didn't like the vibe that she had." Tiffany said to me without looking back, "You too right?" she slowed down and let me catch up.

"I do.. I do." 

Her grip on my hand was somekind of protective.


Everyone was going home except me and Tiffany. Yuri and Sunny bid us goodbye, Taecyeon took his bag from his chair and wave his hand at Tiffany while a glare was set on me. Tiffany happily waved her hand on Sunny and Yuri but half-heartedly on Taecyeon, she would feel bad if she didn't do some wave reply. "Thick faced." I whispered, "Did you say something, Tae?" Tiffany turned back and I shook my head.

Tiffany was walking towards her table and tidied her stationary, "Now it's left with both of us, why don't we have some chat?" did she read my mind-this girl was something. "Yes of course." I halt my way to tidying up my table, "Since we're in a relationship." I almost choked because of my saliva; something was not good in my tounge. Suddenly I was really choked and coughed really hard that it makes her laugh, I was somehow glad that accident happened.

"Tae you're too nervous!" she patted my back repeatedly, "I guess I am?" I clear my throat and beamed my grin on her. "You're thinking too far." she wiggled her eyebrows, "Hey! I'm not!" I slapped her shoulder and she laughed loudly. I love the way she laughs actually, and part of pride didn't want that to be shared to Taecyeon-but I was afraid of his threat. I took out his phone from my pocket and take a picture of her laughing.

"Ah.. What are you doing?" she noticed what I was doing and tried to catch the phone out of my hand, but I keep it safe on my pocket again. "I'm going to keep it for myself." I stick my tounge out at her and she pretended to be sulky-it was a nice timing because the recorder was on and I'm able to do the next task. "Dear, your sweet face would look bad if you sulk." I've tried to do my best not to vomit.

"Oh am I?" she was throwing sarcasm but it's a playful one, "Then what makes me look beautiful?" she nudged my shoulder but why I feel like she's nudging Taecyeon's? "Maybe with a little blush on your face." maybe it was this, "When I kiss you or having you in my hand." it was Taecyeon's word; not mine. I feel like I'm being Taecyeon's tounge that time; his puppet that will do anything that he commanded.

"Tae, you're too aggresive." it was but she laughed, "But I guess I was just irresistible." you wouldn't say the same thing to him-maybe. I reached for his phone and turned off the recorder with the stop button that I remembered where, "Maybe my brother watched too much adult movie that he easily blocked my eyes but not my ears." I shrugged while she's chuckling.

"I couldn't believe you said that." neither I, "Next time you should prepare some earmuffs to block your ears." she cupped my ears and my eyes were focused on hers. My tounge was numb and I couldn't say a word, she was so close in front of me; beautiful. She wrapped her hands around my neck and gave a peck on my left cheek, my heart was bursting into pieces and my face kept getting warm and warmer.

"I beat your flirt."

She was smiling at me.

And I was forgotten about Taecyeon for awhile.

I might be his puppet.

But I have a secret within me.

The girl he loves, loves his puppet more than his master.