Beginning of Lies.

Broken Line

Seoul, 2008.


"Hey.." she tapped my shoulder, "You're not coming?" she moved to my front and lock her eyes on me. "Do you need to do that?" I scoffed as I swat her long bangs, "At least get your face 30cm away from me." she moved back after she heard my remarks. "Jeez.. What a hothead. But I know you can't resist my beauty." she swayed her hips and I pretend to gag, it worked because she gave me a frown.

"I'm just kidding." I nudge her cheek with my finger, "Tell me, where are you planning to go again this time?" it was not easy to remove this girl's frown. "Praise me, then your answer." she pouted and I shrugged at this spoiled little kid in front of me. "Tsk.. This kid." I clicked my tounge, "Dear Miss Super Beautiful Tiffany, where do you want to go for today?" oh look at that Chesire grin.

"Aw.. Thank you Tae! Really love ya'!" that round eyes gone into pair of crescent and I nonchalantly swat my hand before she grab it, "Let's go to eat burgers near the school!" she shake it strongly and I feel that my chair was also shaking. "But we just had some pizza yesterday!" I wailed in displease, "Fany, I've been eating breads and flour based carbohydrate for a week; I want some fluffy steamed rice." I faked a cry, but actually my stomach was really crying.

"Don't you worry! They served rice right there!" she widened her eyes on me, "Pack your books now Tae, we're going!" she let go of my hand and closed my book on the table-absendmindedly handing it to me like it was hers. "For the sake of my Kimchis. Fany, we're not chased by cops. Slow down." I'm a bit overwhelmed when she held every bit of my things on her bony hand, "Then don't be a slowpoke!" she shoved everything inside my bag and zip it up.

Jeezus this girl.

How red was my wrist that day.


She strongly push the entrance door and lead me to the counter, desperate for her western-but asian style burger. I couldn't help but winced at the sight of those chunk of burger breads that would be served for her, thank god that she ordered me rice. While she was busy ordering, I found someone familiar from our class; he was standing by the counter near to us.

I moved to a bit to the side; the queue was a bit empty that time, I took the chance to poke him on the side. "Gosh!" he jumped from the ticklish feeling, "Worse!" he said it out loud when he looked at me. "Why Taec? Worried that I might tell the teacher about you skipping out from the school today?" I scoffed at him, "What.. Oy! I was really sick this morning! My mom allows me to go out now since my heat was gone." he groans and I cover my grin immediately; this Ok Taecyeon was such a mommy boy.

"C'mon Tae, let's find a good seat!" from my side Tiffany shows up while holding the tray of food, "By the way, I heard it all. Such a mommy boy you are." she grinned widely and he was rolling his eyes on us. "Alright cut it out." I said, "Why don't you join us? The more the merrier. I don't have plans to go home early either." Taecyeon was paying for his foods at the moment I ask him; "But don't mention anything about mommies whatsoever." he took his tray and walk with us.

"I can't promise you that." Tiffany said while glancing at me and Taecyeon who walk on the back, "I'm quite a tease." the way her shoulder vibrate-maybe this girl was giggling. I just keep my smile to myself and let them bicker, it was nice to saw my friends play like that; our class only have 5 person and it was easy to know each other that time. I choosed Taecyeon and Tiffany to be close with, they have my interest; they really were.

"Don't get on each other's throat you two." I snapped my fingers in front of them, "You might fall for each other later." Tiffany quirked her eyebrows on me but Taecyeon; Taecyeon seems like searching for something to hid her face. "Alright you girls." he sat on the corner, "Cut out the talk and let's eat. I'm starving!" even before me and Tiffany sit properly-Taecyeon was already busy to unwrap his mega sized burger.

I scoffed at him, there was no other person like Taecyeon-who choose a junk food after losing the fever. "What Tae?" he talks with his mouth full in front of me, "You look at me like I am a fool." dear god he almost spit his sauce on my face. "Taec, who else eat junk food after the fever?" Tiffany chimed-surprisingly like what I'm thinking while placing a wrap of rice and somewhat burger in front of me, "With a cola to finish it up." I saw the same pattern wrapper on the hand of Tiffany's-burger confirmed.

"Fany, I thought you let me eat some rice for today?" I raise the wrap of burger, "And what's with the rice? It would be a waste." I feel sad for the abandoned wrap of rice that sit quietly in front of me. "You want to eat rice but I also want you to eat burger." she said, "So I come up with the idea, eat the rice with the burger meat!" did a lightning strike this girl last night?

She unwrap it for me; both rice and burger. Taecyeon was looking at the abandoned slices of bread from my burger and took the initiative to eat it, "Good move Taec!" Tiffany gave him some thumbs up and this man in front of me shone some lights from his face. "Now, eat!" I shrugged and giggled at the funny sight of my lunch while taking spoon and fork that Tiffany brought alongside with the tray, I glanced on Taecyeon and it seems like he was staring at the girl beside me.

What would it be after knowing everyone for 5 months?

That day Taecyeon asked me to let him Tiffany to her house.


"Morning Tae!" here comes the bubbly girl, "Hello, Taec." now she's a bit freez-y cold. "Yeah, hi.. Tiff." he waved his hand on her like a zombie, I smiled at her while placing away the whiteboard eraser. "Taec, you look horrible." worse as what I remember, "Fany stole your shine yesterday?" I planned it to be a tease for both of them but turns out it's a bit offensive somehow.

Taecyeon was a bit glaring at me, Tiffany's lips twitch a bit while glancing at Taecyeon but her eyes are bright on me. "Maybe I got too much sunlight yesterday." Tiffany grinned on me, "I'm going to buy some milk, want some?" she asked but I reject it with my famous hand-swat movement; Tiffany shrugged and left me with Taecyeon inside the class since the other 2 didn't arrive yet.

He moved towards me.

My shoulders was grabbed by his hand.

"Tae, you should listen to me." his eyes were sad, "I love her, Tiffany." I was shocked to hear that. "Why don't you confess your feelings to her?" I removed his hands from my shoulders, "I did, but she said she was in love with another." he lock his eyes into mine; full of jealousy it was. "Who? I didn't see another boy who's close to her." it's impossible because of 4 girls and 1 boy inside the class except for another class, Tiffany likes it more to talk to the same age.

"It was you, Tae!" he raised his voice a bit, "She admit it yesterday that she's not straight." what I heard that time was enough to shut me. I couldn't say anything except keeping my eyes on him, he looks a bit pathetic. "Tae you should help me." his voice was serious, "This is the only way where I could love her." his eyes turns desperate. "W-what is it?" I took a step back.

"Be our line."