Foolish Heart.

Broken Line

"She's broken."


"Huh? Tae?" her body stiffens, "What did you say?" I turned sideways with a smile plastered on my face-she was confused. "I accept your confession." 's forming a big 'O', "I want to be your girlfriend." I knocked her head with my knuckles and straighten up myself.  "Are you serious?" I nod my head, she tackled me with a squeal and a big hug. "Tae, you're bony." she released the hug, "Fatten up." she pinched my cheeks until it turns a bit red.

"I'll manage." I swat my hand to tell her no worries, "I'm watching you." she said while squinting her eyes. She chuckled and I follow, Tiffany wanted to open but Taecyeon entered the class-it shut her up. I looked at Taecyeon then to Tiffany, usually we would greet him or he would greet us but there's nothing between the three of us. "Don't tell him anything, or anyone." she whispered to me, "I'm going to buy some milk!" she stood up and run to the outside.

She left me and Taecyeon inside the class, the silence was a pain on my nerves. He placed his bag on top of his table, he slided his chair that it makes unpleasant creaks on the floor-it annoys me enough to gave him a staring dagger. "Can you just lift the bloody chair?!" he didn't stop until I shout, "My bloody poor ears." that man and his annoying expression was sitting in front of me when I rubbed my ears.

"A good treat for your sensitive ears, huh?" he mocked me, "The fight yesterday must be a good show to make you like this." he chuckled and I kicked his chair that he toppled down-I really hoped that it kicks back some neurons inside the back of his head. "Listen to me you big bum." I grabbed his collars while he was glaring at me, "Keep your mouth shut because I've done what you want me to. A deal is a deal." I slapped him weakly with the back of my hand-a rough one might lead me to something worse.

"Careful with that hand of yours Tae." he stood up and growled like a little pup, "But I guess I'll spare you because of what you said earlier." he wiped his cheek where I slapped him and fixed his collars. "I know you would do it." he scoffed and I clicked my tounge in displeasure, "I won't let anyone knows that you're a broken-home child, but you should stick to my rules." how could I lose my pride to this kid?

"Have it your way, Taec." I couldn't stand more bickers-'Yes' was the only thing I had on my lips to make it quick, "I'm tired." I collide my shoulder with his; he didn't care much about it because he had the control over me. I walk to the outside and lean myself on the cold silver coloured railings, the morning wind blows swallowed me into a good silence-not for long.

Why did she come-that man's mother.

Tsk.

Dangling box of lunch for 'im on her grip, spoiled much?

"Hey mom." don't you get out from the class you bloody pup.

I didn't have the minute to rest from seeing his face, didn't I?

"Taecyeon-ah, is she the broken-home girl you told me before?" I could hear you ma'am.

I should've known that there was no trust.


"You look awful dear." says one of my teacher-she was known to be caring, "Did you have some troubles?" Taecyeon was enough; I shook my head and smile as the answer. "Taeyeon-ah, sometimes you should share your problems with someone older than you." she chimed again while I was placing the class homeworks on her desk, "I've known you to be a cheerful one on the class." she pat my shoulder to comfort me; I really liked her kindness.

"I would consider that offer, Miss." I looked at her with a smile, "I'll come to you if I'm already on my limit." she nodded and keep on patting my shoulder to my back. "As what I expect from the class leader and the oldest of all-Oh fix your tie dear." she points at my screwed up tie that maybe because of running, "Pull up a smile Tae, my beautiful student shouldn't be a pot of sadness to others." she grinned-I saw her crows feet and small wrinkles that shows her wise being to the others.

"I'll excuse myself, Miss." I bowed to her, "Good afternoon." as what she wanted me to; I smiled widely. "Alright, good afternoon and don't have low scores!" she said to me before I was completely out from the office, I waved my hand and gave her my thumbs. The sun was setting but I'm not ready to go home, thus I sit on the class and play with the boardmarker that I found on Yuri-our class secretary table; I guess she forgot to bring it home with her.

I was drawing, writing, scribbling, wasting the ink on the whiteboard with the boardmarker that Yuri must let her hand dirtied by the spilled ink when she refilled it. I was drawing an eye, I didn't care whose eye was that but I just need to clear my head from the stress I had. Somehow it turns out to be an eye filled with lust, and my thought flew to Taecyeon's. I ignored him after I saw his mother, he kept on looking at me with his god-knows how annoying stare that I sometimes need to stare back to let him know my discomfort.

I let out a sigh and erase it quickly with my palm-it's too slow to look for the board cleaner that I just let the black stain filled my open palm. With the same palm I held the boardmarker-curse Yuri for removing the plastic jacket of it, now the white colour of it turns greyish. The stain of my palm and the stain on the boardmarker left me with some heavy thoughts of me and Tiffany.

The stain of my palm makes me realize how dirty was my heart for now, choosing to follow Taecyeon's despicable lust of Tiffany just to keep him away from shouting to the world that I'm a messed-up person. Not just that, I'm being immature for accepting Tiffany's confession because of my curiosity that makes me feel that I'll just used her real love for me to my comfort of being cured from my loneliness that I don't know how to fix it.

I would stain her innocent heart just like how I stain the boardmarker's white colour, unimaginable blame, sadness and disgust would be thrown to me. "Damn it." the thoughts made my chest heavy, I decide to put back the boardmarker back to Yuri's table and planned to wash my hand. Just before I placed my hand on the doorknob, Tiffany rushed in and shocked me.

"Fany?" she was rushing to her table when I called her, "I thought that you're home already." I closed the wide opened door and moved to her front. "Uh... Tae-wait." she lift her palm and I shut my mouth, "Here she is!" she said loudly that it made me jump a bit. "What happened?" I quirked my eyebrows and she was grinning at me, "I forgot my phone and turns out I left it here, you just saw the scene." she giggled and keep her phone safely inside her pocket.

"Jeez." I scoffed, "I thought you were chased by a madman. Never left your phone under the table again." I warned her and she kept on giggling until she realize something; that I was still there. "What about you Tae? You're not going home yet?" she asked and I swat my hand as a 'No', "Want to walk together for today?" she moved to my side when I took my bag.

"Sure, why not?" I slide my bag over my shoulder, "I didn't have the plan to go home early." I smiled and she happily grin. "Let's go then." she hold my hand where I have the black stain even before I could warn her, "Fany, raise your palm." I told her to let her know it. "What palm?" she raised the free one and I point at the one where she hold mine, "What's wro-.. Oh?" her eyes widened when she realize that her palm was also stained now.

I raised my palm and show it to her, her reaction was only a pure laugh. "You should've warned me earlier." she nudge my shoulder, "But it's alright." she hold my hand once again and drag me with her-right on her side. "You'll have a hard time washing it later, it's a bit sticky." what a nasty one on her white hand, "It's okay as long as you have it also, it's like we're sharing something-just the two of us." she chuckled.

"I guess so." it tasted bitter on my tounge.

But you won't say the same thing after you find out what it means.

"After all Tae, we're now in relationship." it hurts me.

"Yeah.. We are." it's too late to regret.

Foolish heart.