Lines of Lies.

Broken Line

"There was always Lie in Believe." - Anonymous.


"Be your line?" I looked at him in disbelief, this man was not on his sane state. "Yeah! My line!" he shook my shoulder, "Tae, you can be her girlfriend and I would be able to use you to have what I want!" his face couldn't be any brighter because of his idea-I was so messed up. I push him to the corner and look around if there's nobody around, "Taec, you're mad." I whispered to him but he scoffed at me.

"Tae, you don't know." he whispered back, "I've always been in love with her, and yesterday was the day I had my courage to confess but you're on the way! You should be my line because you're already involved!" he poked my shoulder hardly. "Hey, what's with the whispers?" the sound of my seatmate-Sunny snapped both of us, I look away from him and fix my vision to the short haired girl; greeting her was my excuse to get off from him.

"It was nothing." I side-smiled her, "Where's Yuri? Usually she comes with you." 20 minutes before the bell rang; these girls were never late. "She bumped into Tiff earlier." Taecyeon sighed loudly and bump into my shoulder, "What's with 'im?" she points at Taecyeon who was walking away from the class. "He was just hot headed today, worries aside." I swat my hands again, "Now let me guess, Yuri must be with Fany to buy some milk." maybe talking about them might loosened my mind on that Taecyeon for awhile.

Speaking of the devil, I was right. Yuri entered the class with a straw flowing with milk stuck in , Tiffany was beside her with her bright smile-a total opposite to Taecyeon. "Correct, Tae." Yuri nudge my shoulder and Sunny shrugged, "I bought some extra because the shopkeeper didn't have much small changes in the morning, a waste if I didn't have anything back." she push the plastic bag to the front of me and Sunny.

"I just had the feeling that you would charge us for one pack." Sunny took a pack and check the flavour, "I didn't have the idea but it was a nice one Sunny! Pay me with 10% benefit!" glad that I pulled my hand away from the pile of milk packs. "Tae can have mine." Tiffany shakes her already half-content pack, "It's your bad luck Sunny!" she shoved the pack absendmindedly into my open hands while stuck her tounge out at the groaning Sunny.

I was a bit hesitant to drink it.

Taecyeon was there on the class's window.

And Tiffany was in love with me.


Tiffany was with me on the way home-her home, I didn't really want to go home early again for that day and I choose to walk with her because the distance of her house was worth it. She didn't really talk much but she was smiling and she swings our intertwined hands. "Bright day for you?" I asked her and she stopped only to show her grin, "Yes." she replied then continued on walking.

"Seeing how bright you are, should I be worried that I might turn into another grumpy Taecyeon; without the C, tomorrow?" that's a bit sarcastic, she was frowning. "Actually Tae, he confessed to me yesterday." she sighed, "I rejected his confession." I look at her and she was biting her lip. "I see." I nodded, "I have my reasons, Tae. Would you like to hear my reasons?" my heart was almost jumped out.

I pondered with my thoughts that time, worried that she might confess-from what I've known from Taecyeon; but I was childish and curious. "Alright, tell me." I was nervous but Tiffany seems to be more nervous, "I love someone else." I knew it was coming. It was quiet for awhile, I was waiting for something else. "Tae, what if I say..... I'm not in love with a man?" this was it, "I knew that this country wouldn't accept this but I just had to be honest." I could feel her sweaty palm.

"I'm alright with that." it must be hard for her, "Cheer up!" I couldn't imagine what would happen if I didn't have the open-minded way of thinking. She hid her face under he long hairs for awhile but then she look at me and smiled widely. "I'm grateful Tae." her eyes were hidden perfectly under the long eyelashes and her aegyo-sal, she looked so happy to have my answer.

We reached the porch of her house, she released the tight grip on my palm. I was waving my hand and slowly turned back to go, but she stopped me by grabbing the edge of my big bag. "I have something to say to you, Tae." there's something goes down -she must be swallowing her nervousness, "Y-you may go after it." I nodded and lock my eyes onto hers.

"Tae."

"I've always been in love with you."


"It's okay if there's no answer."

I left her, but with a smile and a little wave. Maybe she knows that my head was already a mess, she was good on reading someone's expression-or it was me all along. Ringing the door bell of my house, I prayed that there would not be another problem. "Jingie." I greet my brother-he was on the door, "Taeng. How's your day?" he let me in and closed it quickly while I'm throwing away my socks and bag.

"Been worst." I heard some voices of bickering from the back, "Hany's home?" I sighed loudly and Jiwoong understands what it means. "Everyone loves it when she's out." Jiwoong clicks his tounge, "A good for nothing older sister." I scoffed. I moved to the back silently to get upstairs, I wouldn't be able to stand the bicker-so do Jiwoong. Our poor ears would bleed half of our lives if we listen more.

The door was locked when I tried to open it, Hayeon-my sister was inside. "Yeonie, open it up!" I knocked on the door and Jiwoong who's beside me was already fuming mad on the way my mother and Hany bicker, glad that Hayeon heard me and I'm able to push Jiwoong inside before he do something terrible on them. "Finally you're home, Tae-unnie." Hayeon locked the door again, "This time they were including your name into the fight." she mutters.

"Didn't they always do that?" I splat myself on the bed, "What about your brother?" I glanced at the stressed Jiwoong who sat on the corner. "Hany's been blaming Woong-oppa for not sharing his salary." Hayeon sighed, "On that reason she forced mom to give her another batch of money." there we go again. "Taeng, Yeonie, I'm tired." Jiwoong chimed, "I couldn't afford more and it was only enough for myself or both of you, they couldn't just live with the allowance dad gave us." he was patient-but it was over the line these days.

"So it would always turns out that I need to find a job." I massaged my temple, "But I need to finish my academics matter." both Hayeon and Jiwoong took a glance on me and the three of us land our vision at the door after the loud banging sound. "Open it up you three pigs!" it was mom's voice, "Why couldn't just one of you gave her the money so she would shut up?! The father of the three of you was also stubborn!" it was always like this if that dog of a woman wins the fight.

"Go away!" Hayeon shouted loudly and somehow it pained my chest, "Tell her to work!!" she continued to shout and the bangs stops. "She won't listen to me.." my mom cried, "It's a bad luck that she was born. It's a bad luck that all of you were born!" it was like this since yesterday, last week, everyday. Once she cried, we're quiet but there's one devil that was laughing; I hate that woman's gut.

There was a ring on my phone and it was Taecyeon's I.D, I answer it immediately. "Taec?" I said, "What is it?" curses; they were starting to bicker again. "It was about this morning." good gracious, "I was serious about it, Tae. I haven't got any proper answer from you." he sounds so desperate to have my answer. "Taec, can't you just give me a text message?" I groan, "Now's not a good time." I said to him.

"Your family's been fighting again?" he knows it since I was always telling him my problems, but it was a bad idea. I never saw Taecyeon being like this-might be his true being, he was scheming under the silence. "I know every bit about the bicker you had, Tae. I know you won't like it if I tell the others about your embarassing broken-home family." lord help me.

I bit my lip and clench my jaw, I never know that he would be this despicable. "So what do you want?" I was cupping my mouth, wondering why I told him all my problems. "Do what I want, and I bet you know what is it already." his mom was spoiling him too much that he knows how to manipulate someone to get what he wants, "Bye Tae." the bicker outside fumes my temper more.

"Shut it up!!"


The fight was not over until night, I look horrible because of my eyebags and puffy eyes. Alone in the class without noises was a pleasure, my ears turned sensitive because of the noise pollution from yesterday night. I was relaxing until Tiffany arrives, I was still pondering with Taecyeon's threat whether should I do it or not. "Tae, are you alright?" she shook my shoulder and I look at her, which explains her shock.

"Gosh Tae!" she was panicking, "You look terrible." this girl was suddenly placing her hands all over my head to check my body heat. "I'm alright Fany." I swat my hands on her, "I was just... Lacking some sleep." I didn't have the intention but her shoulder was the closest one to land on-so I rest my head on her shoulder. She was frozen for awhile-I could feel it by the way her shoulder moves, but she relaxed herself.

While I closed my eyes, I twist my thoughts. Maybe agreeing on Taecyeon's plan wasn't a bad idea, since I'd get the benefit to feel her love. But then-it means that I'm just using her kindness and let Taecyeon have his threat on me. When I'm busy with my messed-up head, she wrap her hands around me to give me some comforts. I was losing my mind, she makes me wanted to try how does it feel to be loved properly.

Taecyeon would have his benefit.

I would have my benefit.

She would be able to express her love.

Nobody would know about my problems.

Say it now!

"Fany."

"Let me be your girlfriend."