5

Next Door Man

"Are you sure you want to go home now?" Kris asks when Yixing helps him to lay on the bed.

 

"Yeah. It's now 9 pm and I have homework to do, Kris. And..." Yixing inhales heavily before he continues. "I'm sure, one of your other boyfriends, or maybe girlfriends will come soon. So, better for me to go home now."

 

"None of them are coming tonight." All of sudden, Kris holds Yixing's hand tightly. "And, tomorrow is Saturday. You don't have to do your homework tonight, right?"

 

"K-Kris, I-"

 

"Please stay, at least until I fall asleep." Kris begs. "I need someone to accompany me now, you know. You're my boyfriend, right? Why won't you accompany me, then?"

 

I'm Kris' boyfriend.

 

"Alright, I'll stay." Yixing smiles, while his hand dares to bury itself in Kris' blonde hair.

 

Kris grins happily and buries his face in Yixing's stomach who is sitting right next to him.

 

"Thank you, my boyfriend."

 

And Yixing is really thankful for this best night ever in his life.

 

 


 

 

Yixing is still playing with Kris' hair meanwhile Kris has fallen asleep.

It's a very rare chance for him, isn't it? That's why, he enjoys it so much.

Before Kris will change the next day, it's better for Yixing to enjoy the time when Kris all of sudden is being so nice to him. Yeah, that's what Yixing thinks.

 

All of sudden, Yixing's phone rings. He then takes his phone out of his pocket, and finds 'Kim Joonmyun' on his screen.

 

"Joonmyun? What's up?" Yixing talks in whisper, doesn't want to wake Kris up.

 

"Y-Yixing..." Joonmyun sobs, making Yixing surprised all of sudden.

 

"J-Joonmyun?! Are you crying?! H-Hey, what happened, hm?"

 

"Xing, c-can we meet now? I-I need to talk to you n-now. P-Please, i-it's about K-Kyungsoo a-and that guy called J-Jongin..." Joonmyun sobs harder when he says 'Jongin'.

 

Yixing takes a glance at Kris first. Yes, Kris has really fallen asleep.

 

"Alright. I'll come to your house now, okay? Don't do anything stupid that will hurt you and just wait for me!"

 

"O-Okay."

 

After disconnecting their phone call, Yixing immediately stands up and walks away from Kris' room.

 

"Yixing?" For Yixing's bad luck, Kris all of sudden wakes up. "A-Are you leaving?"

 

"K-Kris..."

 

"Didn't I tell you to stay? Tomorrow is Saturday and you don't have to go to school, right? And right now, I, your boyfriend, is sick and you're going to leave me alone here? You are my boyfriend, right?"

 

"B-But..."

 

"Alright, go and leave me now!" Kris turns his body not to face Yixing who is standing on the doorstep of Kris' room.

 

Feeling guilty to Kris, Yixing closes the door and sits back on Kris' bed side, burying his fingers in his boyfriend's hair again.

 

"I'm not leaving you, okay? I'm here. Sleep, dear. Goodnight." Yixing whispers, as Kris smiles when he feels Yixing's fingers on his hair.

 

Yixing takes his phone out of his pocket again. This time, he texts Joonmyun.

 

To : Kim Joonmyun'

Joonmyun, I'm sorry. I can't see you tonight. Kris is sick and I need to take care of him. Let's meet up tomorrow in our usual coffee shop at 9, okay?

 

 


 

 

Joonmyun sighs as he reads Yixing's text. He buries his face in his pillow and lets out his tears fall down.

 

"Why does no one care about me?"

 

Tonight may be the best night for Yixing, but it's the worst for Joonmyun.

 

 


 

 

A/N : Again and again, a short chapter! No, this is even too short to be called 'a chapter' TT-TT

Oh, and, since there are many of you asked me why Yixing is so blind because of love here, I'm telling that this fic actually will have a happy ending.

We'll see whether Yixing will end up happily with Kris or Joonmyun ok?