3

Next Door Man

Yixing runs as fast as he could, tears still stream down his face. Sometimes, he bumps into people, but not going to care about them, he keeps running and letting his tears down. Again, it's Kris who made his tears falling.

This time, Yixing bumps into someone so hard that he falls to ground.

 

"I-I'm so sorry!" The person Yixing bumped into says, trying to help Yixing stand up.

 

"It's okay, I'm the one who-" When he stands up, Yixing's eyes finally meet the man's eyes. "J-Joonmyun?"

 

"Yixing?" Joonmyun's very surprised seeing Yixing's with red eyes and hasn't-dried-yet tears on his face. "Y-You're crying? H-Hey, wh-what's up?"

 

"I-I..." Yixing quickly wipes his tears, but Joonmyun stops him.

 

"Say, does Kris do this to you?" Joonmyun asks.

 

"J-Joonmyun..."

 

"You should tell me what happened. Any reasons for avoiding me are invalid."

 

 


 

 

"Wh-What?! D-Did J-Jongdae really do that?!" Joonmyun almost can't believe what he just heard. Yes, Yixing just told him what happened between him, Kris, and Jongdae earlier. "A-And, K-Kris cheats on you with A-Amber?!"

 

Yixing bows his head as tears welled in his eyes. "Y-Yeah..."

 

"H-Hey, are you crying?" Joonmyun says, touching Yixing's chin to make Yixing face him. "D-Don't cry, Xing-ah."

 

Joonmyun takes a navy blue handkerchief out of his pocket and gives it to Yixing. Yixing's eyes widen, almost can't believe that Joonmyun offers him his handkerchief to wipe his tears. Feeling touched, Yixing takes the handkerchief from Joonmyun's hand.

 

"Th-Thank you, Joonmyun-ah."

 

"Don't mention it." Joonmyun gives him a soft yet cute smile. "You know, Xing, I don't like seeing you crying like this. Please, don't ever cry anymore, especially if it's about Kris. Kris has hurt you, it's better if you leave him. Or, at least, talk to him and tell him to stop hurting you."

 

"J-Joonmyun..."

 

"And about Jongdae, he wasn't wrong. Not at all. He just tried to protect you from the bastard Kris and-"

 

"Joonmyun, please, he's my boyfriend." Yixing cuts before Joonmyun continues his words, that are actually kinda hurt him. However, Kris is his boyfriend and he.....loves him.

 

Joonmyun remains in silence before saying, "I'm sorry, Yixing. But, really, he hurt you and you chose him than Jongdae who was trying to protect you from him. Then, he chose Amber than you."

 

What Joonmyun just said actually breaks Yixing's heart into pieces, but he can't deny that it's true.

 

"Talk to Jongdae tomorrow, Xing. Ask him for an apology." Yixing feels relieved that Joonmyun has stopped talking about Kris. "He's a very nice friend. I'm sure, he'll forgive you."

 

Joonmyun's smile affects Yixing to smile. Finally, Yixing really smiles.

 

"Alright, Joonmyun-ah, I'll talk to him tomorrow. Thanks." All of sudden, Yixing's smile fades away and changes with a surprised look. "Joonmyun, isn't it Kyungsoo?"

 

Joonmyun turns his head to face the direction Yixing points at. There, he finds Kyungsoo sitting with a guy he doesn't know.

Joonmyun rises from his seat and walks towards Kyungsoo and the guy, Yixing follows behind.

 

"Kyungsoo?" Joonmyun touches his boyfriend's shoulder. His sudden appearance surprises Kyungsoo and the guy who sits right in front of Kyungsoo.

 

"J-Joonmyun?"

 

The guy looks away when he hears Kyungsoo calling Joonmyun's name. His eyes gaze at one direction without any focal points. Something strange.

 

"Didn't you tell me that you were going to Taemin's house to do your English project? Why are you here? Who is that guy?"

 

Kyungsoo takes a glance at the guy before he answers all of Joonmyun's questions.

 

"W-Well, I went to Taemin's house b-but he wasn't home. T-Then, I chose to meet this friend of mine, h-his name is J-Jongin." Kyungsoo explains. He grabs Jongin's hand when he says the word 'friend'. Kyungsoo looks at Joonmyun back. "O-Oh, you're with Yixing?"

 

"H-Hey, Kyungsoo." Yixing says, kind of awkwardly.

 

"Hey, Xing." Kyungsoo smiles, but his smile fades away when he realizes the guy in front of him -Jongin- rises from his seat.

 

"Kyungsoo, I need to go. Now. See you." And so, Jongin goes away, leaving his friend with two other persons he doesn't know.

 

Jongin-ah, I'm so sorry.

 

 


 

 

Kyungsoo lies himself on his bed, feeling tired after spending the whole day without resting. Not long after that, Joonmyun follows his boyfriend lying on the bed.

 

"Kyungie..." Joonmyun says softly, rubbing Kyungsoo's cheeks.

 

"Yes?" Kyungsoo answers, taking his phone out of his pocket instead of paying attention at his boyfriend. He types something.

 

"Who are you texting to?" Joonmyun asks, with a serious tone this time.

 

"My friend." Kyungsoo keeps answering Joonmyun in a cold way.

 

"Which friend? That Jongin guy?"

 

This time, Joonmyun successfully catches Kyungsoo's attention.

 

"Oh, so, you're texting to him? I guess, you're both so close, right?" Joonmyun sounds annoyed this time.

 

"What? You sound jealous, Kim Joonmyun." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "You're jealous just because I'm texting to my friend? Oh, come on, Kim Joonmyun, be mature!"

 

"What? Are you saying I'm immature?" Joonmyun rises up from Kyungsoo's bed, staring at his boyfriend with anger wirtten in his eyes.

 

"Yes, because you are!" Kyungsoo rises his tone.

 

"Do Kyungsoo, you're just saying your boyfriend an immature person! Oh, great. I guess, your boyfriend would leave you alone, you know?!"

 

"I don't care. If my boyfriend wants to leave me alone, then just go!"

 

Joonmyun finally realeases his anger by shouting a loud "Arg!!!", but still, it doesn't get Kyungsoo's attention who keeps busying himself with his phone.

 

Too mad at Kyungsoo, Joonmyun leaves. But just what he said earlier, Kyungsoo doesn't car. Not at all.

 

 


 

 

Joonmyun sits on Yixing's usual seat in the library.

Well, actually, Joonmyun doesn't really like spending his times in the library. He's there just to avoid meeting his boyfriend, Kyungsoo. Oh, well, he wonders if Kyungsoo is still his boyfriend now.

 

But, Joonmyun knows, he doesn't want Kyungsoo to get out of his life, cause he loves Kyungsoo that much.

 

What happened last night? Joonmyun doesn't want to remember it. The fact that Joonmyun and his beloved Kyungsoo argued last night hurts him so much. He just doesn't want to lose Kyungsoo.

 

Joonmyun takes his phone out of his pocket, types something, and sends the message to Kyungsoo.

 

To : Kyungie<3

Kyungsoo, meet me at the rooftop after school today, okay? I'm looking forward to seeing you.

 

 


 

 

Joonmyun stands on a corner of the rooftop, enjoying the scenery of Seoul and the autumn wind blows that sweeps his face.

 

Kyungsoo... Will you come?

 

"Joonmyun."

 

Then, that familiar voice of Kyungsoo appears. Joonmyun turns back to face Kyungsoo who definitely stands right behind him. He smiles, can't hide that he's so happy that Kyungsoo still wants to meet him.

 

"Kyungsoo, you're here!" Joonmyun hugs his boyfriend. "Kyungie, I'm sorry about last night, I ju-"

 

Joonmyun stops talking when Kyungsoo suddenly pushes him away.

 

"K-Kyungsoo?"

 

"Joonmyun, I need to talk about something to you." Kyungsoo says, coldly. Too coldly that Kyungsoo's words could freeze Joonmyun's heart. "I want to make everything clear."

 

"K-Kyungsoo, what are you talking about?" Joonmyun asks in whisper. He thinks he has lost his voice since Kyungsoo seems like he doesn't hear what Joonmyun just asked.

 

"Joonmyun, we're not working." And then, Joonmyun could hear his heart breaks into pieces. "I mean, our relationship doesn't work. We need to stop it."

 

Why does Kyungsoo have to make it clearer? It hurts Joonmyun even more.

 

"And, to be honest, last night was my . I can't just keep pretending like I love you, Joonmyun." Kyungsoo takes a deep breath before continuing. "Well, I loved you. But now, I can't deny the fact that I'm in love with....."

 

"Jongin." Joonmyun says. "I know, you must love him, right?"

 

Kyungsoo bows his head. "I'm so sorry, Joonmyun."

 

Tears welled in Joonmyun's eyes, but he wipes them before they fall down. "I-"

 

"Kyungsoo?" A deep voice calling Kyungsoo suddenly appears. Joonmyun can see the owner of voice's face since he's standing right behind Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo must know this voice.

 

"Jongin-ah?" Kyungsoo turns back to look at Jongin.

 

"I looked for you to your class, and oh, you're here with your..... boyfriend?" Jongin smirks when he looks at Joonmyun's almost-crying face. "Oh, he's crying? He's your ex now, Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo stares right at Joonmyun's eyes. There's guilt written in Kyungsoo's stare.

 

"I'm so happy that you finally tell him the truth, Soo." Jongin embraces Kyungsoo's waist. "Now, let's go."

 

Kyungsoo walks away, leaving Joonmyun alone in tears as his small body is being dragged by Jongin, but his eyes are locked into Joonmyun's. He keeps mouthing 'sorry' to Joonmyun.

 

And now, Joonmyun has lost the thing that he really wants to take care of forever, his first love, Do Kyungsoo.

 

 


 

 

A/N : Yaaay finally done with this chapter~!

I'm so sorry for the late update. I'm being bust with exams lately TT-TT

Well, I'm not really satisfied with this chapter but I hope you'll like it!

And, this chapter will be related to next Kray moments!