1

Next Door Man

It's the first day of school after summer holiday or you can say, it's the last day of summer.

 

Yixing sits in the corner of the library where he usually spends his most time at school, reading some literature or motivation books. But he immediately closes his book when he sees Joonmyun and Kyungsoo, his two best friends walking towards him, knowing that they will just interrupt him who's reading a book alone peacefully.

 

"Hey, Yixing. You're alone, hm?" asks Joonmyun whose hand is rubbing Kyungsoo's hair softly. Oh, look, the lovey-dovey couple are showing off to Yixing again.

 

"As you see, Joonmyun." Yixing says as he puts his books into his bag, getting ready to leave cause he doesn't want to be with Joonmyun and Kyungsoo who are busy lovey-dovey-ing. "What's up?"

 

"We're telling you that it's 5 minutes more before the class starts. We're afraid you forget the time again." Kyungsoo answers as he lets go of Joonmyun's hand from his hair. "Joonmyun, I don't want my hair to look like a mess in class, okay?"

 

"But, Kyungsoo, come on, I'm not making your hair messed, right? I'm only rubbing it!"

 

"No, Joonmyun. Too shy to let you show off our relationship in public." Kyungsoo whispers. No, it's too loud to be called 'whisper'.

 

"Okay, guys. Can we just go to class now? I don't want us to be late, okay?"

 

And so, Yixing leaves his best friends who are dating each other, not wanting to hear anything from the lovey-dovey couple anymore.

 

 


 

 

The class' noise suddenly fades away when Lee Sonsaengnim, the homeroom of Yixing's class comes in. But this time, he's not alone. There's a tall boy with attractive face and charming aura around him. His deep glare, his fair skin, his thin pink lips, his light brown hair, everything he has is just so attractive.

 

"Attention, everyone. This is your new classmate and he is a transferred student from China." Lee Sonsaengnim refers to the good-looking boy next to him and that boy shows his best smile that makes everyone in the class whispers to each other, including Yixing, Joonmyun, and Kyungsoo.

 

"What a hot boy!" Kyungsoo whispers, making Yixing turns his head to face Kyungsoo who sits behind him.

 

"Wow, you think so, too?!" Yixing almost can't believe what he heard. He knows that Kyungsoo is too shy to admit that any boy is hot but this time is just different.

 

"Hey, Kyungie baby, are you cheating on me now?!" Joonmyun sobs.

 

"Oh God, not again." Yixing turns back to sit normally and rolls his eyes as Joonmyun and Kyungsoo start being a lovey-dovey couple again.

 

And that second, Yixing realizes that the new transferred student's eyes are locked into his.

 

"Hello, everyone. My name is Wu Yifan, but I prefer to be called Kris." That new student called Kris still locks his gaze into Yixing's eyes. He smirks when he senses Yixing shyness and nervousness.

 

"Alright, Kris. Since you are a Chinese student, just like Yixing, you can sit next to him." And Yixing's heart skips a beat. "Yixing, please raise your hand so Kris will know where you sit."

 

Forcedly, Yixing raises his hand and bows his head cause he doesn't want his eyes to meet Kris' eyes again. He can't see that Kris smirks once again.

 

"Okay, Kris, please sit next to Yixing."

 

Kris walks towards the nervous and shy Yixing, with his gaze still locks on him.

 

"Hello, pretty Yixing." And Kris falls himself on the seat next to Yixing. He can see Yixing blushing so hard. "I'm Kris. It's very nice to know you."

 

Yixing doesn't know but that time, he feels like he's being taken to paradise.

 

 


 

 

A month has passed fastly.

Kris now no longer sits next to Yixing. From his first day, Kris became so popular among all students because of his physical appearance. Many girls and even boys have confessed to him. So now, everyone wants him to sit next to them and he changes his seat every day.

But, such a relieve for Yixing that Kris is his neighbor. Kris lives in the same apartment with Yixing and even he lieves next door to Yixing. But sigh, Yixing often hears moans next door. It sounds like there's a couple making love but Yixing doesn't want to care or even know. The fact that Kris makes love with others hurts him so much.

 

"We know, you like him too, Yixing." Minseok, one of Yixing's senior says, referring to Kris.

 

"Wh-What?"

 

"No needs to deny it anymore, Yixing. We know it already. Everyone can see it in your eyes. The way you stare at him, you know." Jongdae says with mouth still full of food. Yixing and Minseok stares at him with a disgusting stare. "What?"

 

"Guys, come on, I don't even know who this 'him' is you're talking about." Yixing says, but his mind keeps thinking about Kris though.

 

"Don't act like you don't know, Yixing." Minseok rolls his eyes.

 

"But, hyung, I-"

 

Yixing stops talking when he sees Kris passes by, not alone but there's Amber, the most popular girl of the school. Yes, of course, popular kid hangs out with popular kid.

 

"You're being jealous now, I know." Jongdae shows a small smirk. Too small that Yixing and Minseok don't even realize that he smirks.

 

"Well, I don't know. I just never feel it before. Every time he's around and smiles or stares at me, I feel like I'm flying to heaven. But when I see him with any boy or girl except me, there's something inside me hurts."

 

"Oh my God, Zhang Yixing! You're really in love!" Jongdae mumbles.

 

"Am I?"

 

"You are, Yixing." says Minseok. "Why don't you ask him out then, Yixing?"

 

"Hyung, I'm not that brave, you know! He's very popular! There are so many cool kids out there who want him to be their boyfriend! But, you see here, I'm just a normal boy at school, not everyone knows I exist. There's no chance for me to date such a famous boy like him."

 

"Hey, Yixing, do you know, at first, I thought Minseok hyung wouldn't want to date me." Yixing and even Minseok shocked at Jongdae's sudden burst. "But, look at me now. I'm sitting right next to him as his boyfriend. Everyone even thinks that we are fated from the heaven."

 

Minseok blushes and blushes harder every time Jongdae continues his sentence.

 

"Now, why don't you try to make your first move? Don't think about being accepted or rejected first, cause at least you confess to him."

 

Yixing keeps quite seeing Jongdae, his best friend with Minseok who are sitting right in front of him.

That's kinda right. At first, Jongdae and Minseok weren't close but now they're dating. So Joonmyun and Kyungsoo are. Kyungsoo was a totally shy boy who didn't interact with anyone except him but now he's dating. Meanwhile, Yixing, he's just a lonely boy around Joonmyun-Kyungsoo and Jongdae-Minseok. He keeps envying when he sees them lovey-dovey-ing but he himself doesn't have enough bravery to date anyone. But now, it's time for a change.

 

"I guess, you're right, Jongdae." Yixing finally speaks up. "Alright, I'll confess...to him...soon."

 

Jongdae and Minseok smile in relieved.

 

"I hope that soon really means soon, Yixing."

 

 


 

 

Today is a tiring day at school. Yixing goes home late again cause he spent more times to study at the library.

Yixing passes Kris' door. There's no moan inside. Is Kris home?

 

But, suddenly, the door is opened and Yixing's eyes directly meet Kris' eyes.

"Yixing? What are you doing here?" Kris asks.

 

"I-I just g-got back from sch-school so I-I'm h-heading t-to my h-home, y-you know."

 

Kris smirks.

 

"Alright, then."

 

Kris was just going to close his door but Yixing stops him.

 

"Wait, Kris!"

 

"What's up?" Kris asks as he rests one of his hands on the wall, making him look so damn cool.

 

"I-I need to say something."

 

And Yixing thinks, it's the right time to confess.

 

"Okay, just say it then."

 

"Kris..."

 

Yixing stares at Kris' eyes deeply.

 

"I like you."

 

Kris startles but he keeps silence.

 

"W-Would you g-give me a chance t-to d-date you?"

 

Kris remains in silence. Yixing bows his head as he thinks he's going to be rejected now.

 

"Well, you're kinda sweet too, Yixing." Kris mumbles, making Yixing heads up. "Well, call me your boyfriend."

 

Kris smiles, influences Yixing to smile as widely as he can. He just can't express how happy he is right now.

 

"Thanks, Kris. Thanks a lot!"

 

 


 

 

A/N : So I'm back with a new Kray fic!

Well, at first, I planned to make it as Kaisoo fic but then I remembered I've made a Kaisoo one so I think Kray would suit the story and....here it is!

I don't really think it's nice but really I hope you like it TT-TT