Runaway

Wake Me Up

*WARNING* This chapter contains a lot of cursing. If you are not comfortable with profanity please don't read this. Just a heads up.

Fun fact #2: I became a Kpoper this time last year. Happy Anniversary to me!!! :D :D :D

If you can please comment your fave parts. How you like the story so far and whatever you want. The feedback motivates me to write. I want to know you guys are enjoying my story and the only way I can know is if ya talk to me 'kay?

Gomawo :D

 

 

Once Angela got home she knew that there was trouble. Her father and mother were not on good terms. They fought constantly, screamed at each other everyday and her father had developed a habit of hitting her mom often. Angela was their only daughter so she heard and was put in the middle of everything.
 
Today was no different. The moment she stepped through the door she heard a pan hit the wall. She immediatly knew they were in the kitchen. She speculated that her father dislike what her mother had made for dinner. This happened often too. She knew from experience that she would probably not have anything to eat tonight. She also knew that she she go to her room but didn't do that.
 
"This isn't what I wanted to eat!!" Her father screamed his deep voice echoing throughout the house.
 
   Angela sneaked to the kitchen door. She peaked in making sure to keep her body hidden behind the wall. There were three pans on the floor, food splattered on the walls. The stove was still on so her mother hadn't finished cooking when all this happened. Her moms back was to one of the counters a small pan in her hand. Her father was in front of her his fists balled.
 
"That wasn't something I thought about!" Her mother screamed back. "I was thinking about Angela not you!"
 
"Is Angela ing you to keep you happy?!" He shouted using vulger language making Angela flinch. She was used to everything except the profanity. She hated when her father or anyone cursed. It made her feel dirty.
 
"I  never asked you for that!" She replied back. "This has nothing to do with ! Its about our Angy not you or.." Her mother caught sight of Angela. Her hair was floating in the door way as she peaked inside. Her mother shook her head and darted her eyes back to her husband.
 
"Angela?! Angy?! That stupid suicidal you named after an Angel of a daughter?!" He screeched scoffing at her mothers argument.
 
"She's your baby too!" She spat in offense. An audible whimper escaped Angela and her father's head snapped to her hidden figure. His eyes connected with her own, his filled with fury.
 
"Come here!" He screamed a ther. For a moment Angela was rooted to her spot.
 
"Angy go upstairs, to your room and lock the door." Her mother said speaking softly trying to hide her desperation.
 
" I told you to get your over here!" Angela stepped away from the doorway the profanity making her shake.
 
"Angela! Go!" Her mother urged.
 
Startled Angela jumped out of her skin then bolted up the stairs to her room and locked the door like her mother told her. Her heart was hammering against her ribcaged. Her father's eyes, the imprinted image of them in her mind. He was livid and it looked like he had lost it. Something slammed on her door cracking it. She screamed in fear and fell on the floor scared out of her mind. Her father screamed more curses at her knowing how much she disliked it and how it affected her. She started crying. He wasn't stopping his assult on her door and it began to splinter.
 
"Mama!!" Angela cried. She knew she could defend herself but she was too scared.
 
Her father was a well built lean man with a heavy hand and meaty fists. His mouth was filthy and he loved to torture her mom by beating her slowly but hard. Her mom took up things she could find to defend herself with. Her mother was a fighting woman but Angela wasn't like her. She took Tae Kwon Do but those fights were supervised, no one really got hurt. 
 
"Mama! Mama!!" She cried, closing her eyes as her door broke down and her father charged inside.
 
"Angela! Angy baby its just me." Her mother said soothingly.Her mom say on the floor wrapping her arms around her daughter. Angels opened her eyes. her father was splayed out on the floor a pan right beside his head.
 
"M-mama is A-Appa dead?" She asked her voice shaking.
 
"No. No honey he's not dead. He's going to wake back up soon. Get your things. Pack you bag and leave. You need to go to a friends house for a couple days. You can't stay here."
 
"What about you? Mama I'm not leaving you here alone."  Angela said gripping onto her mothers waist. Her mother shook her head.
 
"I'll be fine. I can handle him but I don't want you to get hurt."
 
Her father groaned. He was going to wake up soon. Her mother stood up grabbed Angela's school bag and started filling it up with cloths, uniform, everything she got her hands on. Once that was full she grabbed a duffle bag and filled that too.
 
"Get up Angela. Come on you need to go!" Her mother pulled her up by her arm but Angela tried to resist.
 
"No! Mama I'm not leaving you! No!"
 
Her mother didn't listen and dragged her down the stairs. She pushed her out the door and threw her bags at her.
 
"ANGELA!!" Her father roared. He was calling out her mother. They had the same names.
 
"Honey listen to me." Her mother whispered holding her daughters cheeks in her hands."I'm going to be alright. I'm a lot stronger than you think." She kissed her forehead. "I love you Angela. I want you to be safe and happy but you need to leave."
 
"Mama..." Angela whispered but she flinched hearing her father shout again.
 
"Go!"  Her mother said.
 
Without another word Angela was running. She heard noise behind her but she didn't turn around. She ran as far as she could until the bags became too heavy and her legs became tired. But she still tried to run. She was nearing a park when she heard a shout of anger.
 
"Dont think you can run away from me! I'll you up like I did your pathetic excuse of a mother!"
 
Angela crashed into someone. Her bags falling on the street. Her hands skidding on the concrete hard stripping away the first layer of skin from her finger tips to where her hands ended creating a burning sensation as if she burned her hand in a fire.
 
"Angela?" The person asked in surprise.
 
!!" Her father screamed. There was too much going on for her and she burst into tears again.
 
"Mama!!" She shouted not knowing what else to do. She brought her hands to her face trying to hide herself. But her hands were bleeding badly so her cheeks were stained with tears and blood. "I'm scared! Ma-"
 
The person covered , grabbed her bags and darted into the park. She thrashed against the person but was held still. Her father roared angrily  but he didn't come inside the park. He continued  to walk down the street screaming profanities commanding her to come out. After ten minutes the neighborhood became silent.
 
"Hey it's Angela right?" The person asked shaking her a bit after he was sure the other man was no where near them.
 
"P.O Oppa..." She whispered her legs giving way. P.O held her back and lifted her head. Damn it he hoped she was still conscious. He wouldn't know what to do if she had passed out.
 
"Don't pass out on me! Yah!" He shouted shaking her even more. But it was no use, the fear, fatigue and blood loss had gotten to her. P.O curse and pulled out his phone. "I need you to come get me. No I didn't get beat down! Just come to Ahju Park! Hyung please it's that girl from school. Yes she's with me! Hyung why are you being so difficult?! No I can't move, she fainted and has a load of heavy bags!" P.O argued with his elder friend becoming exasperated at the conversation. The girl was getting heavier as her body lay limp in his arms. He was worried that she was loosing too much blood and that crazy guy was still on the streets.
 
"Well looks like we're out if luck." Zico said emerging from the park entrance. A full bag in his hand and a lollipop in his mouth. P.O could understand his and his other Hyungs obsession with lollipops. 
 
"Hyung!" P.O jogged over to him' he glanced at the lone motorcycle on the side of the road and groaned, "your kidding right?" He asked in disbelief.
 
"Nope. I was on my way back home from the book store," Zico said lifting the bag as evidence, he came closer to the younger once. He looked down at the girl he had seen earlier in e day. She looked completely different, if P.O hadn't told him who it was he would have never thought it was her. Her hair was in a disarray. Her face dirty with grim from the road and blood from her still bleeding hands. Zico's heart twisted with sympathy because it was this same girl who had cried for him, then in anger to the person who had done this.
 
"Who did this?" Zico asked his voice had a dangerous edge to it.
 
"No one we know." P.O said quickly not wanting a misunderstand to occur. Zico's temper was very short when it came to dealing with other gangs. "There was a guy chasing her down...." There was silence as P.O contemplated telling him the rest of what he thought.
 
"Spit. it. Out." Zico commanded beginning to loose his patients.  P.O lifted his eyes from the girl in his arms to his leader.
 
" I think it was her father...hyung I think she ran away from home." P.O said hesitantly. He felt really sorry for her. Even if they didn't know each other enough to be friends she looked like a nice girl, what could make her run away from her home? "What do we do?"
 
"We can't leave her here..." Zico said thinking out loud. He sighed looking down at Angela. 'What could have happened to you, Cheosun?' "Let's bring her over to our house. Once she gets better we'll figure out what to do next." Zico decided turning to head over to his bike. He would find a way to fit all three of them on it.
 
"Ah hyung!" P.O exclaimed. Zico turned back around lifting his eye brow at him. "Her hands..." P.O lifted her arm to show him how bloody they were. Zico cursed silently.
 
"Why didn't you say something before?" He asked exasperatingly. "We have to hurry up and get home and disinfect her wounds and bandage them" he remembered her journal and cursed even more. He knew she loved to write, her journal was almost finished from what he could remember. If she couldn't use her hands he knew for a fact it wouldn't sit well with her at all. "Let's go." He said curtly turning to his bike.
 
Zico got on his bike. P.O took her bags which were brick heavy on each of his shoulders and carried her to the bike. He gave Angela to Zico while he got on the back of the bike carrying her bags. Carefully Zico started up the bike and drove to their house. He couldn't go as fast as he would have liked because he was carrying her and had to be extra careful because her hands were bloody. They arrived home and P.O got off the bike first heading inside with her bags. Zico waited outside for him to come out. He really wondered what happened to her.
 
"Hyung!" P.O called out from the front steps of the house. Zico looked up. P.O was ushering him inside but Zico  didn't move. He didn't want to harm Angela. He wasn't the best when it came to caring for others wouds, especially if it was a girl.
 
P.O went back to him and took Angela. He had really forgotten about Zico's eccentricness. They hadn't really been around girls for a long time except in school. But in school they would just be fauning over them. In other words, even though Zico looked the way he did, he wasn't good with girls.
 
Their house was three stories high. P.O's parents had lived there until a little while ago but gave him the house as a birthday gift. Needless to say P.o's parents were rich and P.O was spoiled. His parents weren't very involved in his life so he could do whatever he wanted. On the first story it's just the entry way, there were portraits, busts. Just decorative things to make the place more lively but it wasn't tacky. The decorations were classy. Then in the middle of it all was a large stair case leading to the second floor. On the second floor was the living room, kitchen, and library. The living room doubled as their entertainment center with a pool table to the side, a 42' inch flat screen tv with surround sound and a couch, love seat, as well as recliner beside it. To the other side of the living room was the dinning room table. The kitchen was adjacent to it with all stainless steel appliances, a kitchen island in the center and a mini bar. Right across from the kitchen was the library which took up the rest of the second floor. At each end of the library were two bathrooms. The third floor was where the bedrooms were. There were about ten bed rooms. Seven were occupied by them and the other three were just guest rooms that were never used. Each bedroom and guest room had their own bathroom. Here was also an attic and basement but no one ever went into them.
 
P.O and Zico went straight to the third floor. They went into Zico's room and laid Angela down on his bed. Going to the guest rooms was out of the question. They were dusty and probably full of cobwebs. The beds had no sheets either. So instinctively they went to one of their own rooms. Angela's hands were still bleeding but not as much as before. P.O got a first aid kit from Zico's bathroom  and began disinfecting her hands. In the gang it was probably Taeil and P.O that had the most emergency aid skills. Once P.O was finished disinfecting her hands he delicately wrapped them in bandages, he started at her palms and worked his way to each finger wrapping them individually.
 
"You've gotten better at this stuff." Zico said putting a basin filled with cold water at his bedside lamp.  He held a white towel in his hands and dunked it in the water.
 
"I've just practiced it a little." P.O responded stepping away from Angela.
 
She still had her uniform on. Her skirt was ripped, her white school shirt dirty, her bow tie was gone and one of her lenses were cracked. P.O sighed. What had happened to her?
 
"I'll wash her face. I can at least do that." Zico said stepping forward and sitting down on his bed. She didn't stir. "Go sleep P.O I'll finish up here."
 
"But she needs a change of cloths." P.O pointed out. He would feel terrible knowing he left her in dirty and tattered cloths to sleep. "Hyung your not exactly the best when taking care of people."
 
"Brat. I can at least wash her face. Get one of my shirts so she can change." He ordered ringing out the cloth. P.O contemplated reminding him that she had cloths of her own but decided against it. He would eventually figure it out.
 
"Ok." Was his short response. 
 
While he picked out a shirt for Angela, Zico started to clean her face. The blood and grime soon making the water dirty. He was ready to get clean water when he noticed her light brown cheeks were slightly red. His eye brows knitted together and with his thumb he rubbed the apples of her cheeks. It wasn't blood. She had a fever. 
 
"Hyung here." P.O handed him a flimsy dress shirt. Zico looked at the shirt and shook his head. 
 
"Put more water in this, I'm going to look for a thicker sweater. She has a fever. There's a thermometer in the bathroom right? Get that too." He ordered disappearing into his closet. P.O did as he was told. He took her temperature which was slightly high then finished cleaning her face. When Zico came back P.O changed her out of her uniform to a warm tutrle neck that reached her thighs.
 
"You mind me sleeping in your room? I don't think she would be very happy if the first thing she saw in the morning was a guy beside her." Zico asked out of courtesy. He was his leader he could do whatever the hell he wanted but he didn't. It was one of the many things that made him different from other gang leaders.
 
"It's cool. I'll take the floor." P.O suggested turning to go to his room. Zico tucked Angela in then grabbed another set of sheets heading over to P.O's room.
 
"No I'll sleep on the floor. Stay in your bed. It's just for one night." Zico said. When P.O was about to protest Zico gave him a look that made no room for protest.
 
As planned Zico slept on the floor while P.O took to his bed. Right at midnight Angela woke up. Her eyes opened slowly. She felt like there was sand in her eyes her body was as heavy as bricks.  Her mind was hazy as if fog had settled on her vision. She sat up in the bed, her breathing labored, and looked around. She didn't recognize her surroundings but it didn't really register in her mind. She got out the bed and walked out into they carpeted hallway.
 
"Mama?" She called out rubbing her eyes not recalling the previous days event. "Mama? Appa? I don't feel good." She said making her way to the steps. Her voice was small so when she spoke it was swallowed up by the large house. "Mama?" She asked looking down the steps. She felt the floor tilt underneath her. Grabbing the banister so she wouldn't fall she descended the stairs. She came to the living room where the tv was on. But no one was watching it. "Mama you left the tv on..." She mumbled yawning.
 
She made her way to the couch and sat down. The couch was soft and comfortable. She laid down and grabbed a pillow holding it against her chest. She had just wanted her mom to hug her. It made her feel better but the pillow would have to do. She curled up into a little ball and feel asleep with the tv on.
 
The next morning Bbomb woke up bright and early. He didn't know about anything that happened the night before. He had come straight home from school not really wanting to deal with groupies. Packs of annoying girls would surround him squealing, laughing and asking what he was doing, where he was going and he hated it. So to avoid that he didn't wait for the other members. Getting up he felt refreshed, happy that he didn't have to deal with them or anyone else for the matter.
 
He left his room which was the last one on the third floor to the left. Stretching he walked down the stairs contemplating what to cook. He might as well, since he was awake, make breakfast for his hyungs and dongsaengs. When he reached the second floor his ears perked up hearing the news on tv. He doubted anyone else was up, it was about six thirty in the morning. He just went inside the living room grabbed the remote and turned it off. When he was leaving that's when he caught sight of her. She laid there her hair a cloud framing her head and the pillow going up at down indicated she was breathing. Although he 
 
"YAH!" He shouted at her throwing the remote on the ground. Angela jumped out of her sleep and sat up. She looked up at Bbomb her eyes wide. "What the hell?! Who are you?!" He roared glaring down at her. A sound of fear left . She looked around. Where was she? Age didn't recognize anything in the room. Her house wasn't like this a all. Then she glanced at him and immediately fixed her gaze down to her lap and closed her eyes. "What the ?! Answer me! How did you get in here?!" He asked his anger rising. He wouldn't put it passed some crazy chicks in school following them home but actually breaking into their house and sleeping?! That was going too far.
 
"I don't know." She whispered. Her body starting to tremble. She still wasn't feeling well, she didn't know where she was and this boy was screaming sand cursing at her. 
 
"Bull!" He cursed again stepping forward.
 
"I....I don't know." She whispered again stammering, tears began b in her eyes. He was cursing a lot.
 
"If your a groupie from school get out! Did you break in?! What the is wrong with you?!" He shouted coming closer. He couldn't believe she was lying. She started crying, her tears hitting the tops of her hands. She really didn't know where she was and he was scaring her. When he saw her crying he rolled his eyes. "Save the water works!" He grabbed her hand and jerked her forward off of the couch. Pain shot from her hand to the rest of her body and she screamed. 
 
"L-let me go!! It hurts let go!" She screamed desperately. She successfully yanked her hand from his grasp. Carefully she examined her hands. She had been too scared of Bbomb to notice they were both completely bandaged. The one he grabbed, her bandages were becoming bloody. "What happened to me?" She asked watching as her hand became more bloody. Unaware of what was happening Bbomb grabbed her hand again and started pulling her out the living room.
 
"I can't believe your acting naive and clueless! If I knew there were psychopaths following me I would have stopped going to school!!"
 
Angela was screaming above him because he was really hurting her. Because her hand was missing so much skin contact with anything else except the bandages felt agonizing. She screamed and cried for him to let her go but he wouldn't. Some of the members clamored down the stairs P.O and Zico being the first one to reach the landing.
 
"Yah! Bbomb let her go!" Zico ordered when he saw him holding her hand he rushed over and pried it from him. 
 
"What the hell!? She broke in here!" Bbomb protested lunging for her but P.O stopped him.
 
"No she didn't." P.O said shaking his head. "We brought her here last night."
 
Zico wrapped Angela in his arms keeping her away from Bbomb. She couldn't do anything with her hands so she let him and stood there. If she was in her right state of mind she would have been so happy that she was finally having interactions with him. That he was hugging her. Her crush was actually hugging her. But she wasn't alright. She was sick, her hands tattered, and she had no recollection of the night before. Zico hadn't realized how small this girl actually was. It was a bit scary to think about it. He felt if he held her any tighter she could break. But at the same time she fit with his body perfectly. As if she was just supposed to mold with his. It upset him that she was shaking, crying and scared. She had actually made him feel better after school and even though he brought her to his house and out of danger he still felt like he owed her. He felt like an angel shouldn't be crying like this.
 
"That's enough!" Zico shouted at the two bickering members. The whole room went silent everyone tensed. "Bbomb she did not break in. We brought her home because she was in danger." Suddenly her body radiated more heat than before. She wasn't saying anything at all. He was getting worried. "P.O get her upstairs she still has a fever. Everyone else we're having an emergency meeting now."
 
"Danger?" She whispered looking up at him. Her house were clouded with confusion. "Oppa what happened last night? Why am I here?" She asked her voice growing weaker and weaker with each word. Zico patted her head.
 
"I'll explain after you get some rest," he said gently then handed her to P.O. She could barely walk so he decided to carry her up the stairs. 
 
When he came back down all the members were seated around the coffee table in the living room. Bbomb looked angry as all hell. Ukwon, Jaehyo, and Taeil looked slightly confused but said nothing while they waited. P.O sat down on the floor glancing at each one of his hyungs then at the stairs.
 
"Noona looks like she's in pain." P.O said addressing her formaly. He felt better calling her his older sister because he really didn't know her age or much about her.
 
"We have to change her bandages after this." Zico said biting his lip as he contemplated what to say. Taking care of a girl was the last thing he had expected to do in his life especially when he had his gang to look after. "Bbomb." He said looking over at the elder boy. Bbomb didn't make eye contact still angry. "Don't get so worked up over this ok? She's from our school and I met her in the hallway yesterday. She isn't a groupie from what I know. She didn't break in here."
 
"Then why is she here? You can't just go bringing in girls and expect me to react like she has always been here." Bbomb retaliated shaking his head.
 
"Yeah, I know and I'm sorry. But it was late and everyone was sleeping. I didn't expect her to wonder around the house in the middle of the night." Zico confessed admitting his wrong. He sighed a bit stressed out.
 
"So why did you bring her here exactly?" Ukwon asked after a while. The girl looked a complete mess, something had to happen for Zico to bring her to their home. Zico glanced at P.O, he knew the details better than him so he wanted him to explain. P.O nodded and cleared his throat.
 
"Well I found her. She was running away from someone. She bumped into me and really messed up her hands. She was calling for her mom while someone was chasing her down. My best guess is that, that was her father. It looks like she runaway from home and it didn't look as if she had anywhere to go. So I called hyung to ask him about it and he decided to bring her here."
 
"Her dad?" Ukwon said his eyebrows knitting together. "Her family must be pretty messed up." He looked up at Zico. "What if she can't go back?" He asked because if it was her father who chased after her and she was calling for her mother there was a high possibility that she couldn't go back home.
 
"We'll figure that out when she gets better. She's sick and has a high fever. I don't think talking about not going home would be the best thing right now." Zico said closing his eyes and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Now, P.O was supposed to be scooting out another gangs terriortory before all this happened. What did you gather?"
 
"Not much. They don't patrol at all. They're pretty relaxed considering they are a bunch of rookies. Out best bet would be to take them out now before they become a problem." P.O reported recollecting his memories from the previous night.
 
"Alright. Then Jaehyo and Ukwon can do one more survalence of the place tonight and if it's the same report we can go into their home base and challenge who ever is leading them." Zico nodded to himself approving of the plan.
 
"What about Noona?" P.O brought up looking back to the stairs. "I don't think it's a good idea to leave her alone. And we can't bring her either."
 
"." Zico cursed kicking the coffee table. This girl would seriously complicate things. "No we can't bring her. We defiantly can't leave her alone."
 
"I can stay behind." Jaehyo offered. "It's only babysitting right? It's not too hard. Missing one member from this whole thing won't hurt right?"
 
"It won't." Zico said still frustrated. "They're a small rookie gang so it won't take half of us to take them out. You can stay behind then. Let's hope she gets better before more annoying gangs pop up." After that was said everyone nodded in agreement and the meeting ended.