Love Letter

Wake Me Up
Dear Woo Ji Ho-ssi,
Even though I will probably never have the strength or courage to say this I wanted to write it. I want you to know that I like you. I've liked you for a long time. I always think about you and wonder if you have ever noticed me or thought I was cute. But it's fine. I'm used to only seeing you from far away. I hope that one day we can be friends.
Angi
 
The small girl took a deep breath her heart going a million beats per second. She closed her oak red leather journal, fitting the black strap around it then looked around her. She sighed a small smile gracing her lips. She had written yet another letter to the ever popular bad boy Zico.
 
The classroom was completely empty. Classes had ended about an hour ago. Most of the students had already gone home. Those that were still here were in their respective clubs or teams. Angela was in the Tae Kwon Do club. But there were no club activities today so she decided to write.
 
Ever since her freshman year of high school she had a crush on Zico. The first month of school she had been bullied and he had stood up for her. Of course she could have defended herself but she only fought in the club. She wasn't a violent person at all. She took the lessons but when it came time to it she couldn't find it in herself to hurt another person no matter what. That day she had been shoved against a wall, laughed and cursed at while others looked on saying nothing. But unlike them Zico hadn't stood their and laughed. He hadn't found it funny at all. He helped her and once everything was all said and done he even took her home.
 
She started to admire him. When she watched him she saw how kind he was to others. He did what was right and wouldn't let anyone tell him otherwise. But there was one thing that scared her about him. He was in a gang called Block B. Not only that but he was their leader. He often came to school late with bruises on his body. Sometimes he had this scary look in his eye. A look that said he would kill anyone in his way. At those times she wished that she could go and talk to him, make him feel better, take that murderous look away from him but she could never work up the courage to go talk to him.
 
"Oppa I wonder what you're doing right now." She whispered adjusting her red glasses. "I hope you're smiling at least."
 
She heaved another heavy sigh. She fathered her things and put her journal away. She went out into the dimly lit hallway the calling of the cicadas echoing in her ears, the sun was setting giving the sky an orange, red and pink hue. A color of beautiful confusion that ironically calmed her heart but troubled her because it meant the day was dying. She looked out the window in the hallway a sad smile creeping onto her  lips. She pulled out her journal and her favorite pen balancing it in her hand she began to write down the emotions that began to take over her body.
 
June 18, 2013
The Sun and You
Cicadas call to their future lovers
Their sound is alluring
Mesmerizing
The clouds turn from white to red
The sky from blue to orange
The sun from yellow to pink
It's such beautiful confusion
Oppa you're like the sunset and cicadas
Your voice, the sound of it
It's alluring
Mesmerizing
You're like the sunset
You're eyes turn happy to sad
From kind to severe 
From bright to dark
But Oppa would you smile
For me?
The sound of the cicadas
Calling their lovers
The scenery of the sky changing colors
It's a beautiful painting on a canvas with sound
It brings me joy to see it
It brings me joy to see you
Oppa you're like the sunset and cicadas
Will you smile
For me?
Angela
 
 
Angela closed her journal once again and put it back in her bag. Now she closed her eyes allowing the music the cicadas made fill her ears. She was completely relaxed until her watch suddenly started to beep making her jump out of her skin. She looked at her watch and her eyes widened. She needed to get home. She started to run down the hallway without a second thought. She couldn't get home late the consequences wouldn't be good if she was. As she rushed in the hall she didn't see the two other people engrossed in their own conversation. She didn't see them until it was too late. Her body slammed into the person to the left. Her messenger bag flying off of her right shoulder some of it contents flying out.
 
"Whoa there!" The person said grabbing her arm and pulling her up before she hit the ground. With the other hand the person placed it on her back to support her. With so much forced Angela's head ended up on the persons shoulder. "Are you ok?" The person asked moving their hand from her back to her head.
 
"I'm fine." She responded pushing away from the person. They didn't let her head or back go so when she opened her eyes she was staring into theirs. "Th-" the words caught in .
 
The moment her eyes settled on her savior she couldn't finish her sentence. Her hands flew to as she gasped in disbelief. 
 
"Zico Oppa..." She whispered her checks growing warm and a slight tint of red.
 
"Hi," he said smiling a bit. Angela's heart sank. The smile didn't touch his eyes.  "You should be careful next time." He patted her head with the hand that was previously on her back. Her hands were still on when her eyes started watering. Zico didn't think she would cry, maybe she was just shocked so he didn't panic.
 
"You're not happy," she whispered as her tears fell from her eyes to her hands. He started to panic unsure of what to do or why she even started crying."Don't....I don't like seeing you like-" 
 
Her  watch began beeping wildly again. She looked down at it, took her hands from her face and stopped the watch. Hurriedly she picked up her messenger bag and bowed.
 
"I'm sorry, Oppa. Thanks for helping me." She said before jogging down the hall.
 
Zico stood there along with his friend stunned into silence. They hadn't expected her to burst into tears. Zico watched her go until she disappeared down the hall. He sighed turning his head and his eyes caught something. He bent down to pick up a journal. I opened it and leafed through the pages absently not actually reading anything.
 
"Hyung I think that belongs to her." The younger boy said jerking his head in the direction Angela had gone.
 
"You recognize her P.O?" He asked re opening the journal to the first page.
 
"I've seen her around." The younger boy said thoughtfully scratching his head. "But she's really quite, her name...I think it starts with an A...."
 
The first page had a detailed drawing of an arch angel. It had short dark hair that contrasted the halo over her head. She wore dangling wing shaped earrings. Her gown was flowing all around her creating ripples in the dress. In her left hand she held a small harp to her chest. He thought he recognized her but dismissed the thought. It was signed and something was written on the bottom.
 
'Oppa do you believe in angels? I saw two for the first time a couple years ago. They both saved me..."
Angela.
 
Zico closed the journal. Sighing he placed it into his own back pack.
 
"It's Angela." He said beginning to walk in the opposite direction as the one she had run down.
 
"What? Hey hyung wait up!" P.O called out trying to catch up with him.
 
He was completely engrossed in his thoughts as his younger friend spoke. He hadn't thought about angels for a long time. He had tried to stop believing in them but having them called back to his attention maybe he couldn't avoid their existence.  That girl, he was sure he had seen her before.  He couldn't remember where but he did recognize how small she was. She really was tiny he estimated her to be 5'3 at most. Her skin was darker than the other females he had seen who were always pale in her comparison. Her hair was long, reaching her waist and thick. Her large hazel green eyes framed by her red blocky glasses were innocent with hidden secrets in their depths. Imagining those eyes watering again, gazing at him made him want to answer the question she must have directed to someone other than himself.
 
'Angy, I do believe in angels. I've never seen one though. The closet I've come to one is you.'
 
He couldn't imagine anyone but an angel cry because he wasn't happy. How had she known he was upset? But at the moment it didn't matter.  It made him feel better that someone outside of his circle could recognize it and cry for him when he couldn't cry. It was a relief that he relished.
 
'You might be my own personal, Choesun.'