Welcome....Home.....To....Memory

Wake Me Up

Warning this chapter has cursing in it! If you do not enjoy reading curse words please do not go foreward and read.

Fan Fact #3: My ultimate biased group is SuJu :D

 

 

The next night all the boys went out except Jaehyo who gladly stayed home. It wasn't that he didn't want to go and beat the crap out of some opposing gang. But he knew how Zico got when it came to things like this. It wasn't pretty. Plus he was sick of going out every night. Even if he had to babysit at least he was getting a break. He didn't think the night was going to be very eventful. Angela slept most of the day before. She only woke up to eat or go to the bathroom. P.O changed her bandages frequently so there wasn't much to do. He sat down in the living room watching a romantic comedy when he heard feet shuffling behind him. He looked behind him and smiled a little.

 
"Good morning Princess." He said getting off the couch going over to her. She rubbed her eye and tugged at the hem of Zico's blue knit tutrle neck. Jaehyo thought she looked like a little girl who just woke up from a nap.
 
"It's night time." She mumbled glancing up at him. "Where am I?" She asked taking in her surroundings clearly for the first time since she had gotten to the house. Everything was sharp, clear and new.
 
The floor was covered in a wine red soft carpet. The walls were painted a subtle dark green. The tv was low but showed vivid images of the show he had been watching. It made her feel comfortable and safe. 
 
"We'll sit down first." He took her wrist careful not to touch her bandaged hands and sat her down where he had previously been. She yawned but blinked several times trying to keep her sleep at bay.
 
"Oppa...where am I?" She asked again her voice shaking a bit. She didn't know where she was or what kind of person he was it worried her to be alone with him.
 
"Don't worry your safe. I won't do anything to you I promise. Unlike Bbomb I'm not as suspicious." He reassured with a smile. She nodded skeptically. "You're at our house. Zico and P.O brought you here two days ago. You've been sick for these two days. How do you feel now?"
 
"I'm ok. But I'm dizzy." She looked down at her hands. "My hands hurt too." 
 
"That I can take care of." He said lifting his hand to pat her head but she moved away scared. "Hey, don't worry I'm not going to hurt you." He whispered. She glanced up at him. He smiled and placed his hand on top of her head caressing her tangled hair. "See? That's all I wanted to do. Now after I fix up your bandages we should do something about your hair." 
 
He had the first aid kit beside him just in case she came down stairs. He was right to keep it beside him. As he redid her bandages it was really hard not to notice that she was small. Maybe a few inches shorter than Taeil but defiantly smaller than most girls. It made her whole appearance just adorable. She had these big round hazel green eyes that could just you in if you stared into them for too long. Her hair was long and thick but could use some work, it wasn't well taken care of. Then there was her skin. Aside from her scathed hands her skin was incredibly soft.  It was a bit surprising considering that she might have come from a terrible home. But then again some people just had naturally good skin. Onc he finished her bandages he took one of his own brushes and started to detangle her hair.he separated it into small sections so when he put the brush through he wasn't pulling on her hair and hurting her. 
 
"Oppa..." She started to say but he cut her off.
 
"You can just call me Jaehyo." He said taking another section of her hair. She nodded.
 
"J-Jaehyo..." She said and he smiled. Was she always like this or was it because she was in a new surrounding? "Where did Zi...I-I mean well...."
 
"You mean Zico?" He asked raising an eyebrow while brushing a fourth section of her hair. Her ears turned a slight pink but she nodded regardless. "Do you like him?" He said before he could stop himself. It was just a bit too obvious the way her ears turned color when he said his name. 
 
"No! I don't. I...I was just wondering...." She brought up her thumb to chew on her knuckle but when she saw the bandages she remembered that she couldn't do it so she opted for chewing her lip. Even she didn't believe herself when she tried to deny that she liked Zico. So she understood when Jaehyo chuckled at her response.
 
"They went out to take care of some stuff. They'll be back soon. And if you stay awake I can introduce them to you." He started combing the last piece of her hair. 
 
She bit down on her lip harder. She knew exactly what he meant when he said to take care of some stuff. They had all went to take care of their gangs business. She hated the fact that they did anything gang related but all she could do was pray that they were all alright. Jaehyo noticed her quietness and his smile turned down into a slight frown. If he could have things his way he really didn't want to involve Angela in their business. Considering she was such a small and nice girl. Being involved with them would probably break her down.
 
"Why don't you get some rest. When they come home I'll wake you up." He said beginning to breaks her hair and coil it into a neat bun. Angela nodded reluctantly. 
 
"I want to sleep here." She murmured. "That way you don't have to go get me upstairs." She at least wanted to greet Zico when he got home.
 
"Do whatever you want, Princess." Jaehyo said watching as she made herself comfortable on the love seat. 
 
In a couple minutes she was sleeping, her chest rising and falling steadily. He couldn't help but lift her head onto his lap so she could be more comfortable. She stirred a bit then her side so her body was now facing him. Some lose strands of hair touched her cheek and he moved them away. He sighed knowing that she was going to become a bit of an issue. But at least they had a girl around them more often, it could help lighten the mood in the house.
 
Zico sneezed twice, sniffling a little. Ukwon narrowed his eyes at him but all Zico did was shrug. He mouthed, 'I don't know. I'm not sick.' Ukwon shook his head. 'Someone must be talking about you then.' Ukwon responded back. Again Zico shrugged. A lot of people could be talking about him and most of those people wanted to kill him.
 
He was about to add another couple names to that list too. There had been a rookie gang who had cropped up out of nowhere. They had started to invade Block B's claimed terf for the past two weeks. Of course it had thoroughly pissed Zico off so he had some of s spy on them. Not attack just spy, look at how things worked. With the information P.O and Ukwon had gathered these kids weren't much of a threat but that didn't mean they couldn't for to become one.
 
They had their base in a house much like their own. It was pretty big with a large fence surrounding the perimeter. Zico wouldn't have a probelem with them if they had just not claimed they were a gang and started causing trouble in his terf. Right now Zico and everyone else was outside near the garage. They had already made it past the fence. There weren't any survalence cameras so it was relatively easy.
 
"Zico," whispered Taeil. Zico looked behind him raising an eyebrow. 
 
"What?" He hissed back.
 
"Listen remember that these are a bunch of kids. They don't know what they're doing. Try not to get carried away." Taeil reminded him hoping that it would calm Zico down. Taeil had been front and centre when the last incident happened. He knew Zico was still suffering from it even though it was three years ago. He took out his pain, anger and frustration on other gangs no matter how young they were. But Taeil knew that these kids were pretty young, he didn't want anyone dying tonight. When  Zico didn't answer Taeil sighed in frustration. Then an image came to his mind. That girl that they were taking care of, it looked like Zico had taken an interest in her. "Well then think about that girl back home. Angela right? How would she feel if she knew you went around killing these kids?" 
 
"I don't think Noona would like that." P.O interjected more for himself than Zico. Their leader frowned.
 
"Well this doesn't concern her. I don't care if she would like this or not." He said getting closer to the entrance of the house. 
 
The other members exchanged worried glances but followed him. As they entered the house they weren't met with any resistance. The issue came when they got to the living room. Including Zico there were only six members, the opposing side had twice their numbers. They were all lined up on the opposite side of the room as if they had been expecting them. No words were exchanged between anyone. The first boy to lunge forward was immediately struck down by Zico's fist. The boy spiraled on the floor held his nose as blood dripped from it. Without hesitation Zico kicked him in the stomach sending him flying into a wall. The boy coughed then crumpled into a heap. The other boys charged at them and the fight began. 
 
An hour later there was only one more left. Zico who had a couple cuts and bruises ominously came to him. The boy was against a wall, his forehead was bleeding, his lip busted and face bruise black, blue and purple. Zico approached him, his eyes hardened holding no ounce of sympathy. His other members looked at each other worried but said nothing. The boy put up his fists ready to fight again but it was obvious he couldn't go anymore. He was completely beaten up while Zico looked like he was just getting started. He swung his fist Zico dodge easily and brought his knee up to his groin. The boy yelped and feel to his knees. Zico kicked him on the shoulder and the boy dropped to the ground. Zico lifted his foot again about to stomp on his chest. None of the members dared to interfere. He was about to go over the edge and they all knew it. But if they got in the way the repricussions wouldn't be nice. He would probably take it out on them and not by words but fists. When Zico was in this state of mind it was hard to get him out. The reason being because he hadn't been able to save that one person. That incident three years ago had completely changed him and how he dealed with gangs. Before he had been sympathetic, he wouldn't beat them senseless. He would beat them up but leave with a warning and that was it. Now once he got into a fight he would beat anyone in a near inch of their life. 
 
As he brought down his foot images began flashing in his mind. The incident was vivid, he was living it again but then Angela's crying face came into view. He stopped his foot inches before it his the boys chest. He saw Angela crying in the hallway, crying in his house, he saw her fever ridden cheeks and her big kind hazel green eyes. Would he be able to face her if he went through with this? It was possible that he could break this boys rib cage. Could he bring himself to talk to someone as angelic as her once he finished? The answer was no he couldn't.  He wouldn't be able to look at her in the eye let alone take care of her. He lowered his foot back to the ground and turned around.
 
"Take this as a warning. I won't let you off the hook next time." He told the boy before walking outside. 
 
The others exchanged surprised looks but followed him out none the less not giving the beat up boy a second glance. Zico was on his bike before the others made it to their own. They were thankful that he hadn't gone through with what he was going to do but curious as all hell as to what made him stop. But they were certain he wouldn't tell them until he felt like it so no one questioned him on their way home.
 
Jaehyo checked his digital watch and a mischievous smile spread across his lips. It was almost three in the morning and he was sure they were on their way home. He shook Angela who was still sound asleep on his lap. I had no idea what happened when went to deal with the other gang but he was sure everyone would be pretty somber especially Zico. 
 
"Angy," he whispered shaking her shoulder. "Come on wake up." He urged. She mumbled something under her breath and curled up again. "Come on they're going to be home soon. I want you to say something to Zico when he comes home." He said but she wasn't waking up.
 
"What is it?" She said groggily. Jaehyo turned her around so she was facing the tv and started to uncoil her hair.
 
"Zico lived in Japan for a while to study abroad. He speaks it really well." He said beginning to unbraid her hair. "When he comes I want you to stand by the door and say, Okaerinasai Zico-kun,, mina-san, Ok?" He
 

"Mmmm...." She mumbled. He didn't know if it was in agreement or not. Regardless if she had heard him or not he sat her up. Her hair flowed down her back and shoulders in waves. It gave her a more innocent look than her straight her. The bell rang downstairs making him stand up immediately, 

 
"Come they're here." He said making her stand too. He had to help her down the stairs since she was still half asleep. It surprised him that she was such a heavy sleeper.
 
The bell rang again. Then again and again. Jaehyo wanted to hit his friends. How could all of them forgotten their keys?! Although he was greatful that no one had taken them because his surprise would be more effective it was annoying. They reached the first floor and now the ringing was non stop. Whoever was doing the Jaehyo was going to make sure to hit them. He had Angela stand a little ways from the door and stood in front of her shaking her shoulders.
 
"Remember Angy say Okaerinasai Zico-kun, mina-san, ok?" She nodded mumbling again. "It means welcome home. O-ka-e-ri-na-sai. Zico-kun mina-san. It means welcome home. You got it?"
 
"Ne...." She whispered yawning.
 
Jaehyo was skeptical if she would say anything but he needed to open the door. That bell was driving him insane. He let go of her shoulders hoping she wouldn't tumble over. When she didn't he went to the door. Glancing back he was relieved that she hadn't fallen over. He heaved a small sigh the opened the door.
 
FINALLY!!" Ukwon shouted glaring at his friend. "Took you long enough." 
 
"Brat." Jaehyo said resisting the urge to hit him. If he hadn't thought about his plan earlier he would have hit him by now. 
 
The other boys burst into the house being noisy as they stopped to take off their shoes. Zico was the only silent one but the noise was getting to him. No one had actually seen Angela until she yawned. Zico looked up and raised an eyebrow. He was going to say something but she beat him to the punch. She was still pulling on the hem of his over sized sweater, one hand rubbing her eye.
 
"Okaerinasai Zico-kun, mina-san." She said surpressing yet another yawn. 
 
Zico didn't know what it was or what happened. Maybe it was her long wavy hair that framed her face which was his preferred hair style on any girl, or maybe how her petite figure was engulfed in his own sweater or maybe even it was the way she said welcome him in Japanese, a language that only he spoke fluently but his cheeks colored a deep red and his nose dripped a bit of blood. There was a small spell of stunned silence all the boys gawking at her. Jaehyo had a triumphant smile on his face. At least they forgot about the night.
 
"N-Noona...." P.O murmured swallowing to moisten his dry mouth. He went to her and put a coat that was on the coat rack over her shoulders. "Aren't you sleepy? Let's go upstairs." Angela nodded sleepily allowing P.O to lead her back to the room she was staying in.
 
"Jaehyo!!!" Angela heard Zico scream. There was some ruckus downstairs that only grew louder by the second. Angela looked up at P.O quizzically.
 
"Is something wrong? Zico Oppa sounds angry." She asked. P.O gave her a sheepish smile not sure what to say.
 
"Ummm....." He was trying his best to try and explain but he just couldn't. "You can ask him tomorrow I'm not too sure." He lied which was about all he could do. Angela nodded.
 
"Good night then." She said climbing into bed and laying down.
 
P.O mumbled a good night then left the room jogging back downstairs. When he got to the living room his mouth fell open. The place was a total mess. The couch pillows were our and on the floor. Debris from some of them scattered on the pool table. The chairs from the dinning table were strewn all across the room. P.O's eye twitched. He was the youngest but he sure as hell wasn't cleaning this mess.
 
"Jaehyo! You bastard get back here!!" Zico shouted from behind P.O. The next second Jaehyo flew into the living room. Zico followed immediately afterwards. Jaehyo put the table between him and Zico trying not to get hurt. "Yah!!" 
 
"Come on. You know she looked cute! She sounded Japanese too! You know she did!!" Jaehyo said. Zico jumped over the table lunging for Jaehyo who crawled underneath and headed to the couch. But he spotted P.O and curved to him hiding behind his back. "Isn't she cute P.O? Okaerinasai Zico-kun...AH!" He did a bad imitation of Angela's voice making it high and annoying. In retaliation Zico throw a book at him narrowly missing his head.
 
"If you guys don't shut up your going to wake her up!!" Ukwon shouted entering the living room. It didn't seem that the two heard him so Ukwon took up the book Zico threw and hit Jaehyo over the head with it. 
 
"Ow...." Cried Jaehyo sitting on the floor holding the back of his head. Ukwon did the same to Zico who in turn sat on the floor holding his head and glaring at him. He shook his head. 
 
"Oh the Princess went to sleep already?" Taeil asked walking into the room his pajama pants on.
 
"Yeah," P.O answered trying to hide his smile. His hyungs were something else. "She looked really tired."
 
"She was asleep before you guys came." Jaehyo said his voice high and whiny. "She's doing better now. Her hands aren't as bad as before. Give her a couple more days and she should be able to use them." Jaehyo glared at Zico who glared back. Ukwon rolled his eyes.
 
"Cut that out!" Ukwon reprimanded.
 
"Ne." Both boys responded stopping their contest. Zico sighed.
 
"It's good that she's doing better. We'll see if she wants to go back to school then. She can stay here until we figure out what's going on with her family." He said biting his lip. He was more curious than anyone as to what had happened to her. Why did she run away from home? But he couldn't ask her. He was busy and didn't want to bring up bad things. Now that he thought about he, she didn't seem happy at all. Not once since he met her did she smile, for obvious reasons too. A strange urge inside him wanted to see her smile. Someone with beautiful eyes like her's weren't meant to look so sad.
 
"She's staying?! For how long?" Bbomb asked coming inside the living room as well. He glared down at Zico who looked straight at him.
 
"Until she can go home." He said firmly.
 
"She can't stay here and do nothing. She's sick that's all good and dandy but when she gets better I'm not letting her lounge around here." Bbomb said refusing to waver in his resolve. Zico sighed running his hands through his hair.
 
"When she gets better I'll figure it out. Now is not the time." He stood up and walked to him. They were face to face but Zico was taller than Bbomb so he looked down on him. The tension in the room was so thick you could cut a knife through the air. "I don't know what your problem is with her but I'm the leader here and I decided what happens with her." He said not mixing his words. Bbomb refused to back down. They glared right into each other's eyes.
 
"You may be leader but we all have made decisions in the past and this should be no different. I don't want her here." Bbomb said.
 
"That's not for you to decided!" Zico roared now utterly pissed. "What do you have against her!? She hasn't done anything! Bbomb she just ran away from home with her dad on her tail and ed up her hands!! What the hell has she done wrong?!"
 
"It's not what has she done! More like what has happened! If you don't remember Jiho the last time you took interest in a girl it didn't end well!" Bbomb reminded him. There was such a long silence that if a pin dropped you could here it.
 
"That won't happen again. I have no interest in her." Zico said his voice becoming level again as a pain entered his eyes. His heart sank and became heavy as the event from three years ago replayed in his head.
 
"Yet." Bbomb pointed out still glaring. "I'm not taking chances with her...she can-" Bbomb wasn't sure he could finish his sentence. Zico didn't know this detail about the incident. He didn't know what would happen if he found out. "You can grow feelings for her, Jiho and that's something we can't afford. I won't let it happen because if it does I'll be the first one to end it. Permenantly."
 
"Bbomb that's enough!" Taeil said pulling on his shoulder. "Back off, we're just taking care of her."
 
"Don't give me that . Look how P.O acts! He's like a love sick puppy! And Jaehyo don't tell me you would braid any girls hair! Jiho would you hug another girl like that?" Bbomb directed his question back to his leader after glancing at the other members.
 
"She's injured Bbomb!" Taeil interjected when Zico didn't answer.
 
"My ! She's sick now but what about later?!"
 
"I said I'll handle it!!" Zico replied. "Don't lecture me about my feelings or about anyone else's!! P.O likes her and that's fine with me, if it's romantically or not I don't care! Jaehyo was doing us all a favor by staying home and making her feel comfortable. I hugged her cause you were scaring her the morning after she ran away from home! I can keep myself in check so don't worry about anything." Zico, pulling himself out of the past came back and stood his ground against Bbomb. Angela looked innocent, she was nice, her persona made her easy to like, what was so wrong about that? But he knew better. A repeat of three years prior wasn't something welcomed.
 
"And like I said before. If you can't control yourself and I see even a little bit...." Bbomb grabbed Zico by the collar pushing him up against the sofa. Zico kept himself from falling by grabbing onto the back of it. He didn't look into the older boys eyes. Zico was a compassionate guy and was nice to everyone who wasn't against him. It wasn't abnormal for actions that are supposed to be nice turn romantic. "I'll put a stop to it before anything can develop. Woo Ji Ho I promise you that."
 
Bbomb let him go. Zico sat on the back of the sofa his head down and Bbomb headed upstairs. He wasn't playing the bad guy on purpose. He just wanted to protect Zico and the rest of his friends and since everyone was fauning after this injured girl they forgot about something important that Bbomb would never forget. It was impossible to forget.
 
P.O watched Bbomb go then turned to Zico. P.O liked Angela. If he could think of a way to describe their relationship after these two days he would feel as if she was his little sister even though he called her Noona. But he didn't want his friends fighting because of her.
 
"Hyung..." P.O started but Zico lifted his hand in a gesture that meant silence.
 
"Don't say anything." Zico warned. "Just leave it alone. I'll...." He took a deep breath an looked up. "I'll handle it."
 
"Come on P.O let's go to bed. It's late. Jaehyo, Ukwon you guys too." Taeil urging the boys upstairs. They all nodded and proceeded to their bedrooms. Taeil stayed behind. It looked as if Zico was staring at him but Taeil knew he wasn't. His mind was somewhere else. "I like Angela." Taeil said and that's when Zico's eyes refocused on him. "Having a girl here with us is new, it lightens our mood and I like how she makes us feel. Bbomb does have a point but it's all up to you. Whatever you decide I'm ok with it as long as your not just thinking about yourself. Remember this is your family. You can ask us about our opinion but you created Block B." Taeil turned around to go upstairs. "Having a girl around is better than just guys.....she can.....help out more." He glanced back. "The house needs a female touch anyways. We could use her help."
 
He didn't say anything else but just started walking up the stairs. Zico stayed in the same position for hours. His mind on a stand still. He stayed like this until the sun started to rise. When he heard the first birds sing was when he finally moved. Jerkily he climbed the stairs to P.O's room and laid down on the floor not bothering to cover himself. Being reminded if things in the past wasn't a pleasant feeling. The past didn't hold pleasent memories.