Listen to Me

Wake Me Up

Two updates!!! Happy New Years to all my subscribers!!!! Sorry for the long wait!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as the others!!!! The same warnings apply here so please read at your own discresion!! Thanks for the support!!

 

Getting back home felt like the longest ride in the world. No one spoke, no one laughed and no one smiled. They all just rode their motorcycles in complete silence. Angela had gotten on behind Zico reluctantly. He had been so angry with her when they left the school that instictively she decided to do whatever he wanted her to just so his anger wouldn't rise further. So she held his torso tightly as he sped down the streets back to their home. Angela got off the bike first once he parked it outside the garage. She took off her helmet and was going to hand it to Zico but he just brushed past as as if she wasn't even there, as if she was a mere ghost. She watched his retreating back and for the second time that day a breath stealing pain settled in her heart. What had she done so wrong?
 
"You need to give him some time." Kyung said sorrowfully while taking off his own helmet.
 
"For what?" She asked her eyebrows knitting together. She turned to Kyung. "What did I do?"
 
"Its not just what you did," He said putting his hand on her shoulder. He noticed the hoodie she wore was too big for her. It went passed her knees completely covering her school uniform. "It's what you don't know."
 
     This confused her even more. What she didn't know? What did that even mean? But Kyung didn't answer her. After putting his helmet back on his bike he headed inside. P.O stood their watching them his helmet still on. He glanced around the garage to see his other hyung's bikes still there. Somehow they had came earlier, probably skipped classes.
 
"Noona," he said setting his helmet down and coming beside her. She hadn't placed Zico's helmet away so he took it himself and put it where it belonged. "Don't be sad. None of this is your fault."
 
"It looks like it is." She murmered. Then she looked up at P.O who's eyes were clouded with concern and shown a bit as if he was going to cry. What was going on? "I'm sorry P.O." She said while doing her best to put a smile on her face. He was younger than her no matter how tall he was or how deep his voice was she needed to be more careful with him. She may have been vulnerable at the beginning but that didn't mean she had to stay that way. "What do you want for dinner? I can make pretty much anything."
 
"Really?" P.O asked his face lighting up at the prostpect of food. "Then can you make some curry? I haven't had that in a while."
 
"Have they been feeding you ramen all this time?!" Angela asked as if completely horrified by this treatment. P.O nodded a shy smile on his lips. "Oh my gosh your serious. Can no one cook here?"
 
"B-Bomb and Kyung are really good at cooking but we get so busy with stuff that ramen is the fastest thing." He replied skeptically.
 
     Angela nodded. She noted how he said stuff instead of gang buisness but she didn't dwell on it. Going inside she went straight to the kitchen. Its a good thing she decided to just buy everything she needed for the house this morning. She didn't think Zico was in any mood to take her back to her Ajussi to get more food.
 
"I can help, noona." P.O offered while she got out the various vegetebles and put the meat in some boiling hot water. Angela glanced at him.
 
"Ok then, first I need an apron. Cooking curry can get a little messy." She said trying to get him out of the kitchen but he left and came back with two aprons. The kid didn't take a hint. Well she could use the company. Thinking about Zico would probably distract her and she would never finish their dinner. "Start cutting the vegetebles while I season the meat. Don't cut it too small or you want know its even in there."
 
"Ne." P.O said like an obediant child.
 
     While they cooked the boys upstairs gradually came down to see what was going on. First came Ukwon who glanced inside before going into the living room to watch tv. Then B-Bomb drifted in but left immediatly not comfortable around her. Lastly came Kyung who lingered much longer.
 
"I smeeellll curry!" He sang delighted. Angela looked up at him from the pot she was stiring and smiled.
 
"Yeah it's going to be done soon. Could you get Zico for me? I know he's still upstairs." She said going back to her stiring.
 
"No problem, but by the way why do you still have that hoodie on? Aren't you hot?" He asked staring at her curiously. Her fingers touched the sleeve of the comfortable hoodie.She hadn't had time to fix her hair. If she took it off now she didn't know how to explain it.
 
"Nope I'm very warm." She replied. "Go get Zico for me."
 
"Whatever you say. Hey maybe you should wear a maid outfit since you're going to be doing this a while." He said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively..
 
"Ah Hyung!!" P.O scolded. Kyung laughed and went upstairs to get Zico. Angela shot him a thankful look before going back to the food.
 
     A couple minutes later Jaehyo entered the kitchen. By that time the curry and white rice was ready but Zico and Kyung had yet to come down. She wanted them all to eat together.
 
"Jaehyo!" She said jumping off the stool she was using to look at the meat on the stove. "Could you come upstairs with me?"
 
"Isn't that a little suspicous? I mean just the two of us?" Jaehyo said playfully. Angela's cheeks turned red and she rolled her eyes.
 
"....its just to fix my hair....." She said shaking her head and going up the stairs.
 
"What? Did I say something wrong?" Jaehyo asked P.O who only stared at him. All his hyungs were idoits.
 
"You're such a ert." Was all P.O said before taking plates out of the cup boards.
 
     Jaehyo laughed a little, that should have been a fact everyone knew from the start of their friendship. He went upstairs to Angela's room. She was sitting in front of the vanity the boys had built for her, the hood she had worn off. The top part of her hair was a mess thanks to Hye Yoon but her braided bun was still in place. The smile on Jaehyo's face fell seeing this.
 
"What happened to your hair?" He asked closing her door. She jumped and turned to him. He saw a couple scratches on her forehead. "Did you get in a fight or something?!"
 
"Something like that." Angela responded refusing to say anything else about the matter. She just wanted her hair fixed. "Could you let my hair out? I don't think I can eat dinner with you guys if I look like this."
 
     Jaehyo nodded mutely and immediatly went to work on her hair. Gently he took out the bobby pins and uncoiled her hair. He used a thin comb to get the braid to come apart. Then he untangled the top part of her hair. He looked at her in the mirror then tapped his chin with the comb.
 
"Do you mind if I cut your hair a little? Just to make a fringe," He put his hand on her forehead. "Maybe this short."
 
"Its ok." She replied absenly. He looked down at her. She didn't see altogether there with him. But he still went ahead to cut her bang. It reached her eyelashes, almost covering her eyes but it didn't seem to bother her. While he had been cutting her hair she had been completely engrossed in her thoughts about Zico. She was almost certain that he wasn't coming down to eat. She wanted to ask him about why he was so upset with her and she wanted him to eat. She was worried that no one was eating properly in the house so she wanted to make sure they did.
 
Once Jaehyo was done she looked herself in the mirror and smiled sadly. She looked really pretty, her eyes were half hidded and the scratches on her forehead were nowhere in sight. She thanked Jaehyo and together they went downstairs. To her surprise Zico was in the living room. P.O had served them all a plate of curry and they were seated around the tv eating. Jaehyo and Angela joined them. Even though Angela was right beside Zico he didn't say a word to her, he didn't even look at her. She sighed to herself and went on eating and watching tv her own food tasting bland. It was around eleven at night when everyone decided to go to sleep. She went to do the dishes while they got ready for sleep. P.O offered to help Angela but she refused him saying that she could do this much by herself. It didn't take her long to finish and head upstairs. She stopped in front of Zico's door. She pulled the too big hoodie she wore closer to herself when she remembered the cold way Zico had treated her all evening. She needed to know what exactly she had done wrong. So lightly she knocked on his door scared he wouldn't answer.
 
"Zico." She called out softly. His door opened by itself. She hesitated for a moment but stepped inside then closed the door.
 
     Zico was seated by his desk, a mac laptop open in front of him. Big headphones on his ears as he listened to something. She went up to him and tapped his shoulder. Not the least bit startled he took the headphones off and looked up at her.
 
"What?" He asked his words cutting her. Her breath hitched and her mind was suddenly blank.
 
"i....uh..." She whispered. "Have you seen a red journal somewhere? I can't find it..." It wasn't a lie. She couldn't find her journal anywhere. She had been too busy taking care of the boys to really look for it. The last person she wanted to have her journal was Zico, but if he found it she would be just grateful to have it back
 
     Abruptly he stood up and went to his backpack by his bed. He rummaged through it a little then took out the very same journal she had lost. Roughly he handed it to her and the journal slipped through her hands landing on the floor. He made no movement to pick it up and neither did she. They stayed like this, standing near each other but it felt like a wall of ice was seperating them and was only growing thicker, colder.
 
"Why are you so angry with me?" She whispered rubbing at her watering eyes. She looked up at him. "What did I do?" She asked her voice breaking.
 
     Zico looked down at her his narrow eyes filling with an unreleased anger. She didn't know about his past so why was he getting so upset? But he honestly could not help it. All he saw was her in front of Zen and he just couldn't stand it. She still wore his hoodie.Why was she still wearing it? Oddly it just made her look even more beautiful. Her hair was out and it cascaded down her shoulders and back, wavy and glistening. He had noticed she had cut a fringe on her forehead that almost completely covered her eyes. Something about her in mens close, looking so small and feminine made her splendid features shine even more, her hair out cascading around her, covering her eyes gave her an air of mystery that was attracting him. But why in all hell did she have to be in Zenaku's clohs?!
 
"Zico why won't you answer?" She said snapping him out of his own thoughts. Frowning he pushed her up agianst a wall his arms on either side of her head blocking her from any means of escape.
 
"Why were you with him?" He asked staring at her in blind fury.
 
"With who?" She asked innocently.
 
"Zenaku! Damn it don't play naive Angela!" He shouted making her flinch. He didn't feel sorry, he wasn't apologizing either.
 
"H-He helped me." She said quietly. She averted her eyes from him.
 
"Helped you?!" He spat out the words as if it was piosin in his mouth. "You can't get close to him do you hear me?!"
 
"I can't do that." She replied stubbornly.
 
"Why not?! What's so hard about staying away from one person on the entire campus!?" He was seriously losing his temper. Out of all the people she met it just had to be Zenaku.
 
"Because he heped me," She repeated.
 
"That doesn't matter!" He shouted grabbing on of her arms and pinning it agianst the wall. "He's dangerous. Don't go near him."
 
"I told you I can't do that." She whispered struggling to get her arm out of his grip. He was scaring her.
 
"WHY?!" He shouted again. She flinched so hard that she hit her head against the wall behind her. She cried out in pain but bit her lip trying to surpress the sound that had already escaped her lips.
 
"Because I'm grateful to him." She repsonded her voice wavering. Why was he doing this? What was the matter with him? He had been so sweet this morning, how could he have changed into his? "I can't stop being near someone when they helped me. I'm too grateful to him for helping me today to do that. I-I won't avoid him just because you want me to. It wouldn't be right."
 
"Angela that guy, he doesn't know right from wrong." He replied taking her chin in his hand forcing her head up and locking his slighly crazed eyes with her firghtened ones. "He's going to hurt you. Listen to me and stay away-" She shook her head.
 
"No." she said cutting him off "I won't do that."
 
"Why wont you listen to me?!" He shouted. He looked down at the hoodie she still had on. Forcefully he brought down the zipper and practically tore the piece of clothing off of her shoulders as if the mere sight of it was offensive..
 
"What are you doing?! That's not mine!" She shouted trying to get off the wall and grab the hoodie tha was strewn on the floor. Zico pushed her back on the wall violently.
 
"That's exactly why I did it." He replied his voice low menacing.
 
"Get off of me! Zico get off! Let me go!!" She struggled against his grip but he wouldn't let up.
 
"I'll let you go when you promise you'll stop seeing Zenaku!" He shouted back but she shook her head and tears started to stream down her cheeks. She was scared, why was he acting like this? Somehow she was able to get out of his grip, she grabbed the hoodie that was on the floor and fled from the room.
 
     She slammed the door and then leaned on it her heart beating wildly Zenaku's hoodie on her chest. What had just happened? What in the world had just happened?! Zico stayed in hi spot before slowly, lazily dragging his feet to go back to his desk. His foot hit the journal she had asked for and he dropped to the floor on his knees. He had been working on a song, just because he wanted to. It was his hobby, his safe havven from all the madness he had created. He took the book up in his hands, now the only other thing that was keeping him sane, he had scared away.
 
He's crying. Came a subtle and soothing voice. Angela lifted her head to see a girl standing in front of her. Angela his heart is crying. The girl said.
 
Zico opened the journal and his heart nearly broke when he saw the drawing of an angel. He couldn't shake the feeling that he recognized the angel she had drawn. It was the only reason why his heart would break at the sight of it, but who was she?
 
Angela stared at the angel in front of her. She hadn't seen her in a long time. The girl was about the same age as her except she was dressed in an all white robe, a gold cord around her small waist. Her black long hair flowed down to her shoulders and her snow white feathers that made up her beautiful wings ruffled in an invisible breeze that not even Angela felt. Her brown eyes looked down sadly at Angela.
 
"I thought you went back to heaven." Angela said  but the Angel shook her head.
 
No, I've been watching you all this time. I just couldn't say aynthing because I wasn't allowed. The angel turned her attention back to the door where Zico was still kneeling on the floor staring at the drawing of her. Angela his heart is crying
 
"What can I do?" Angela replied hopelessly. "He's angry at me for hanging out with a boy I just met...I...I don't understand what's going on. I want to help him but I just keep causing him trouble. I feel like a burden to him. What can I do for him?" She loved him so much yet here she was crying, feelin pity for herself.
 
Oh, Angy there's so much you don't understand.The angel replied gravely. There is so much that I can't tell you.The angel touched Angela's head and kissed it. But don't leave him. Even if he tires to make you run away. You can't leave him
 
     Images began to flood Angel's mind. She felt as if she was trapped in someone else's body. The person was panting, struggling to breath. Strong and overwhelming emotions surged over her. They were suffocating A sadness that wouldnt let the person breath, hoplessness that wouldn't let the person move, agony that clawed at the persons chest and insanity tore at the persons mind pushing and pushing until the person was near the edge of a cliff.
 
It's him.  Came the angel's soothing voice. It was like water soothing a third degree burn.
 
     This was Zico, it was the feelings that were in his heart. Is this what she meant when she said that he was crying? In front of him he saw the body of a girl lying limp on the floor a man above her holding a gun over her head. The girl was dead yet he was still shooting her body. Her blood flying onto his face and on the floor. Her lifeless eyes looking at Zico the last emotion in them was that of sorrow. WIth her eyes even dead she begged him to save him. But Zico didn't move, he couldn't. If he could die.....if he could just die at that very moment then he would be happy, that's what he wanted.
    
     The angel withdrew her lips from Angela's forehead and looked down at the girl as a river of tears fell down her cheeks. Was this how he was feeling right now? As if he wanted to die?
 
Yes. She answered her. Angela looked up at her but knew she wouldn't answer he next question.
 

     So instead of asking she turned and ran back inside of his room. He was kneeling down on the floor his shoulders shaking. She knelt down on the floor behind him and embraced him. Startled Zico jumped but she didn't let go of him. Her own tears soaked his back but she didn't let go. She didn't know if he was crying outwardly but she knew he was inwardly. This was all she could do for him. All she could do to comfort him and pray that these lingering shadows of death fled his mind. All she could do was hug him and that's all he needed. Why was this all she could do for him? For the one boy she loved why was she such a burden?