Rachmaninov's Rhapsody Part 2 (Teen Top - L.Joe)

Infinite, EXO, B.A.P, Teen Top, B1A4 and SHINee's oneshot collection!(Requests Closed)

It happened suddenly. One day we were laughing, enjoying the sunshine with each other. The next, it was all taken away from us.

 

"Let's break up" As if time had stopped, her words hung in the air. I stared at her while she wiped her hands on her jeans and fiddled with her fingers. 

 "What?...You're kidding right?" I swallowed nervously and looked at her face for answer; she was putting on her brave face. I knew her too well, "Please...tell me you don't mean it!" She wouldn't look at me and instead took my hands, placing something in them before running out the door.  "JIEUN!" In my anguish I attempted to chase after her, but once I opened my palms, my knees buckled and I crouched, my head between my arms, feeling hopeless,and empty.

 The keys to the studio was the unspoken tie of our relationship. The fact that she no longer owned the other key meant that we were over.  

 I tried to contact her after that. I called her, but it always went to her voicemail. I sent her texts and left voice messages. I never got a reply back. I didn't have the guts to go look for her...I loved her too much to oppose, but at the same time, I was selfish and wanted her to stay. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Jieun's POV

 I couldn't even make it past the elevators before I broke down. It was over, ruined. It hurt so much, my chest was felt so tight. I was sobbing by now and passer-bys gave me strange looks. An ahjumma stopped by, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. The pain I felt from all the guilt and pressure was more than I could take. 

I met up with Hyunsik and did as I was told. I pretended to be his girlfriend, wore revealing clothes and went to clubs. I felt numb for the next 3 weeks. One day he slapped me. I held onto my cheek and looked up at him. "Why don't you ever look at me? Do you need me to slap you every single time? You never listen to what I say. Oh, how about that threat that seems to work every single time?" 

"NO!" I shouted on reflex, "Don't you dare touch him!"

"You only ever show emotion to me when I mention him right?" I growled at him. That jerk that was the biggest mistake of my life.

 

After a month without L.joe, I was positively going crazy. Hyunsik pulled me into an empty room and sat me down on the couch. I stared blanky at him. If he was going to do dirty deeds to me, so be it. Anything to protect the man I love. "Let's end this." I stared at him, not quite understanding. "You're like shell now. I know you're not going to believe me, but I'm sorry for being so...abusive. In the past. Then when I met you again, I wasn't sure how to get you back other than using threats...I thought that you were eventually going to fall for me again...but, you just get further anf further away from me. This isn't right. I know apologizing won't do you any good now." My head spun and my mascara ran. What in the world was he talking about. That jerk. The one who dirtied me, and now wants to return me? Would L.Joe even want me anymore? 

We didn't meet up anymore. Hyunsik decided that we should be strangers if we ever crossed paths again. No more mistakes.

 I was so swallowed up in that whirlwind of emotions that I blocked out the whole world. It was only a week before the concert that I managed to pull myself together enough to realize that I needed to eat. I rummaged around the kitchen, trying to find something.

*DING DONG*  It was probably one of my friends, trying to get me out of my house. I went to open the door, coming face to face with L.joe. He was holding the music sheets that I left behind at the studio. "What are you doing here" I tried to level my voice and gave him an icy look. His remorseful expression turned into one of hurt, but there was no turning back now. We could never be the same again. The damage was already done. We stared at each other for what seemed like eternity. He walked closer and I flinched. My view was already blurring. 

"제발...take me back, I'll do anything for you!" It pained me to see him beg like this. He wasn't doing anything wrong, it was I who wasn't good enough for him. 

"Leave"I managed to croak,"you should be training at this hour..."

-------------------------------------------------------

L.joe's POV

 I threw myself into the training and worked endlessly. I made new friends at the company. 

 "Yah, why don't we go out for some food tonight? You always have work or dance 24/7 in that room, aren't you tired?" I reluctantly agreed with Chanhee and went out with the group. 

 I stared out the window of the cafe we sat at. People were bustling in and out. Couples meeting a the corner and linking hands. Hurtful. This was something I used to do. A slap on my shoulder from Niel snapped me back to the cafe. "Your phone's been buzzing for a while now." He gestured to the phone I failed to notice and urged me to pick it up. After recognizing the caller ID to be of our company's I immediately picked up. 

 "You finally picked up! Lee Byunghyun, you should head to the hospital to take a look at her!" I furrowed my brows, puzzled. 

"Hospital?" I echoed back. Manager hyung spoke quickly. Though I wasn't paying great attention, I caught a stray of words and fled from the cafe. 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 I still went to the studio. I wore her key around my neck and tucked into my shirt. Sometimes I just sat on the piano bench. Other times, I ran my fingers through the keys. 

"You're taking up all the space on this bench just as always!" I turned to my left, seeing her smile at me so warmly.

"Jieun!" I tried to hug her but there was nothing there. My hands landed firmly on the bench and my chest rose and fell. Heavily. Trying to level my breathing, my vision started to blur. Clenching and unclenching my fists, I felt like a helpless child. In this spacious room, the walls were closing in on me.

 I lost my balance, knocked over the bench and the top came off. From my limited vision, I was suprised to see a piece of paper flutter out of the bench. I didn't even have to open it to know that it was from Jieun. Something she had left behind.

My Byunghyun, 

I'm so sorry if you're reading this, because if you are I have probably given up. I'm sorry for being weak. I missed you, but I am no longer suitable for you. I am dirtied. I can no longer smile at you knowing that I willingly broke us apart. You were my sunlight, my happiness. I didn't deserve to be with you. Please find your happiness, chase your dreams. You no longer have me holding you back.  

-Love,

Jieun

"DAMMIT!" I slammed my fist into the piano, causing a disarray of noise. That son of a- Lee Hyunsik came to find me a month after our breakup. He apologized, telling me that Jieun still kept my number as first on her priority list. He explained what he had done and I couldn't help it, in anger I had knocked him out.  I had gone back to Jieun, wanting us to be together again. I visited her from time to time, even though she asked me to leave every single time I did. I had failed to notice her becoming unhinged. If I had, she wouldn't be lying in a coma right now. If I noticed, I would've thrown out that bag of pills I saw on her coffee table.

I couldn't bare to see her.

So here I sit, in front of her piano. 

Her piano that had become out of tune from my anger.

Still, I run my hands across the keys, closing my eyes.

Imagining happier times.  

------------------------------------------------

A/N: UHHHHHHHHHHHH...I saw this and was like huhh, cause I can't even remember where i was plotting this to go...since I wrote it a little over a year ago??? I really apologize for the ty writing of my younger self /cries/

I posted it anyways even though this is probaby the worst of my writing...Anyways, we're still on semi-hiatus...since I am still actively writing for the Monsta X Drabbles

you can send requests to toffee13 as MyPainfulMelody is still a bit busy these days. (I hope she'll be back soon but we'll have to see~) As probably said before it will take a week to complete one request ^^ ty