Style me 'Noona'~ (Infinite - Sungyeol)

Infinite, EXO, B.A.P, Teen Top, B1A4 and SHINee's oneshot collection!(Requests Closed)

*request JontheBlock

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jaekyung, go to Infinite's changing room now! Style their hair to concept 2 and do makeup touch-ups!" I winced at the voice that hollered from the earpiece.

"Got it!" I rushed over to Infinite's change room after biding the TASTY twins good luck. Knocking on the door of their change room, I was answered by a panicking Sunggyu. 

"There's only 15 minutes before we have to go up." He told me. 

"Arraso.You won't be late!" I said, already grabbing a straightener, I headed over to Dongwoo only to be stopped by a very selfish choding. Not that I really minded...or did I? 

"Yah! I wanted to be done first!" Sungyeol whined. I ignored him and continued on, I had to act professional, there was no time to waste. "Can I be next then?" After quickly applying Dongwoo's makeup, I moved on, to a patient looking L. "Jaekyung~ When is it my turn?" Then to Hoya, and then Woohyun.

I was touching up Sungjong's eyeliner when Sungyeol popped up again. "Don't tell me your going to style me last!!!" It shocked me and I almost poked Sungjong in the eye. 

"Stop acting a choding! Even Sungjong is more mature than you!"  I went on to fix Sunggyu's hair. 

"Noona~" That's when I almost snapped. I was about to lecture him about my age, but decided that it would only be giving in and surrendering. 

" I'm younger than you." I said, trying to keep my cool, there was only 5 minutes left. Working on each member as quickly as I could, I finally got to Sungyeol. Being the youngest worker in this department was hard enough so I guess I was tend to act older. It was only appropriate though since everyone here were their noonas. However, even if I acted like one, it didn’t mean I was one

Grabbing a small brush, I gently dusted on some pale brown eyeshadow on his eyelids first. After the eyeshadow came the most important thing; eyeliner. Lifting up his eyelids slightly, I began to draw on the black line when a loud, familiar, voice shot at me.

“YAH! Jaekyung! That’s... *ahem* you’re doing it wrong! The eyeliner needs to be thicker and smoother. Move over, let me help you.” Taeseon must’ve realized her voice was too loud and tried to tone it down a bit. I know we’re running out of time but there’s no reason to get so worked up about small mistakes like these. Taking the thin angled brush out of my hand, she lightly pushed me over and tilted Sungyeol’s head up so her eyes met his. Averting her gaze, he turned to me as if he wanted me to continue my job.

“Sorry Taeseon noona. Thanks for helping me.” I replied and stood aside to get more brushes and tools. Seeing something distracting me, I look up to see Sungyeol squirming around while Taeseon puts her hand to his face to hold him still.

“Sorry, I prefer Jaekyung to do my makeup. She usually does it for me and I think it looks fine.” He finally said, brushing off her hand from his face. With a shocked expression, Taeseon turned to look at me furiously, biting her lips. She breathed out loudly and walked past me, giving me a sudden push towards him.

I have to admit, I felt a bit grateful towards Sungyeol for doing that, even if it was a little rude. Taeseon was the first person I got along with quite well when I first got in. She really was one of the best in this department. However, her attitude was one of the worst I’ve seen too.

“Sungyeol! Now!” The staff called him right when I was next to completion with his hair. Working under a lot of pressure at the moment I fumbled with how to move the top parts of his bangs.

“Just do it like this.” Sungyeol chimed playfully and messily ruffled it, pulling a few strands down. He got up from his seat and posed in front of me before running off to the set the next second. It was actually quite good, what he did there.

Tidying up like the rest of the makeup artists and hair stylists, I smelled an overdose of deodorant. It must be Taeseon. The Infinite members once played a cruel joke on her telling her she needed it and she took it for real. Well, in secret, she really needed it but I never admitted it, telling her it was just a joke.

I looked up in the mirror in front of me just to make sure. Taeseon was behind me just as I predicted but her expression was different than a few minutes ago when Sungyeol, in a way, insulted her.

“What’s wrong?” I asked seeing the slightly upset expression on her face. She stayed quiet for a moment before exhaling deeply, walking next to me with her head down.

“Jaekyung, I never told anyone this.” She said quietly enough for only me to hear. I nodded and waited for her to continue.

“I like Sungyeol. Look, I know I’m older but it’s only by 3 years! You know...” I was seriously shocked. She was the bossy type of person but she never showed interest to any guy before. More like she would insult every guy and point out every little bad point of theirs.

“What...do I know?” I asked as she paused.

“He is so perfect. Like, his hair is just so good and he looks good in everything. He’s also tall too. I love tall guys. And doesn’t he look cute?” Taeseon began to rant which scared me.

“Okay okay. Taeseon. You’re scaring me. You never say that about anyone. This is the first time I’ve seen you like this.” I replied.

“Well, you know. So I’m just telling you. He’s mine.” She said bluntly but I’m sure it wasn’t meant to be hurtful. Still, I had an uneasy feeling. It was one thing that the two of them really didn’t seem compatible but there was something else. I like him...too? I always denied it but I guess the feelings always resurface a bit and sink. No, Taeseon definitely likes him more. I can’t be so selfish.

Taeseon smiled widely and shrugged, pulling me over to the set where Sungyeol was posing. dropped open and she stared attentively at him. I raised an eyebrow at her and sighed.

“I’ll help you. From now on, you are in charge of him. Everything. From make up to hair to clothing.” I announced.

“Really? Oh my god thank you!” She squealed. That means more work for you though, I thought evilly.

The following days, I ignored Sungyeol and did everyone else’s makeup. Sungyeol tried to pester me from time to time but I just gave him the cold shoulder...which was not something I enjoyed doing at all. Sooner or later he would have to learn to accept Taeseon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol’s POV

I don’t understand why she’s acting like this. Is it because I pester her too much? Taeseon tilted my head up as always and began to add eye shadow, preventing me from staring at Jaekyung anymore.

It was almost Myungsoo’s birthday. Usually I’d go with Jaekyung and the Infinite members to shop for his presents but I’m really doubting I want to go with her now.

“Sungyeol, it’s almost Myungsoo’s birthday right? Let’s go look for his present after this. 6 o’ clock at the back door. Don’t be late!” Taeseon said right after she was done, giving me a cheeky smile before going away to work on other things. She doesn’t even wait for my response. I guess that could be one of her charms though; having her opinions too rather than asking guys for everything.

After our teaser filming, Jaekyung once again leaves other artists to take off my makeup while she works on Sungjong, happily conversing with him.

Checking the time after I got a small rest, I headed down to the back door when it was 5:50pm. When I opened the door, nobody was there. Suddenly, a person came bursting behind me, slipping their arm around mine and crashed into my back on the way. At first I was thought it was a sasaeng but turning, it was just Taeseon.

“Let’s go!” She replied, her arms linked around mine. It was actually better to walk by foot then take a private car or public transportation since you’d either be really noticeable or stuck in the middle of many fans. We took a longer route which had less people to get to the shopping center.

“Don’t we look like couples?” Taeseon suddenly said, stopping in front of a glass wall to see our reflection. My heart skipped a beat when she said then. Turning around just in case my face started to heat up, I shrugged and continued walking.

“Right? Right?” She insisted on getting my answer. For someone older than me, she sure acted a lot younger than Jaekyung ‘noona’.

“I guess.” I replied quietly. Beaming, she quickened her pace.

In  the end, we didn’t buy anything for Myungsoo. Instead the two of us ended up buying food together and window shopping. On the way back, there were even fewer people.

“You know Jaekyung right?” Taeseon started a conversation. I nodded.

“She seriously can’t do make up well. It’s either too little or too much don’t you think. Look at me, I do yours much better right.” She suddenly started ranting.

“I’m not trying to be mean but that’s the truth. Sometimes I even wonder how she got in. Did she bribe or cheat?” That was really rude.

“Really?” I didn’t know how to answer. For the rest of the way back, all I could hear was how she kept putting down Jaekyung. And I actually liked her for that moment there. Talk about friendship. Talk about being fake. Watching her go off in a taxi, I walked back to my dorm which wasn’t that far away.

The next day, Taeseon came up to me again right when I sat down. I really didn’t want to see her right now. Throughout the makeup procedure, she kept smiling at me and sometimes complimented me, sometimes boasted.

“Thanks Taeseon noona.” I replied, adding ‘noona’ which I stopped using on her for a while. She put on an failed cute angry face and skipped up to me, hugging me and leaning her head on my shoulder.

“Don’t call me noona. I’m not that old.” She tried to do aegyo voice now. This is getting too much. I tilted my head up and quietly sighed, not moving a single inch and definitely not hugging her back. She hugged tighter but I still didn’t move.

“Sungyeol! You’re up!” The producer called.

“I have to go. Bye noona.” I replied quickly, not waiting for a response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaekyung’s POV

I saw Taeseon and Sungyeol leave to go to the set awhile ago. What’s taking Taeseon so long though? Right at that moment, Taeseon stormed in with a hideously mad expression planted on her face. She threw her hair band off and I watched it bounce off the counter with a shock.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“God! He pisses me off! So stupid!” She screamed.

“Who? Sungyeol?” I could feel my own expression turning sour. I hate it when she degrades other people. Especially people I care about.

“What’s wrong with him? Is he stupid in the head or what? Is it that hard to hug me back or do I make him so nervous he can’t hug me? Whatever, he’s stupid. Next time I see him he better apologize and make it up to me.” Taeseon crossed her arm and leaned on one leg, sticking out her hip. That’s it.

“Can you stop it?! Why do you always think you’re better than everyone!? You’re the one that likes him and you think he’s stupid for not hugging you? Don’t you think you’re a little too forward right now? You never think about anyone else okay.” I let it all out. It was the few times where I actually fought back. Usually I’d just listen and curse after she leaves since she’s just that conceited.

“Excuse me? Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m the one tha-“Shut up. I don’t want to hear your worthless crap. Have you ever thought about how I feel? You know I liked him too! You always like to interfere with other people’s relationships. What do you even want? You just want to be in a dramatic love triangle where a girl likes a guy but the guy likes you. I’m telling you,that will never happen. If anyone ever comes to like you, that’ll just be because they’re either really stupid or just out of pure luck. I like Lee Sungyeol and you better back off. Stay away from him. Even if I don’t deserve him, you’d be even farther off.” I replied and picked up her hair band, throwing it at her face before grabbing my things to leave. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol's POV

 Sunggyu hyung was grinning. He was always excited when meeting inspirits, and today was no exception. "Thanks noona" He said to a designer that had just come in to check that we were wearing the right clothes. She nodded and left. Someone coming into our change room caught my attention. It was Jaekyung, and she made her way to the cosmetics table before heading to me. Suprised, I stuttered, "Ja-Jaekyung?" She never did my hair or makeup first. 

 She looked at me sheepishly and said, "Sorry for ignoring you...I'll do your hair first today." I couldn't stop myself from grinning back at her. I watched her intently while she did my hair. I missed Jaekyung's style of doing things, honestly, I would say that she was way better than Taeseon. Stuck in my thoughts I didn't realize that she was already finishing off on my make-up.

 "Hey, no eyeliner?" I didn't know much about make-up, but I just wanted her to stay longer, after all, I hadn't seen much of her recently. 

 "Were you even listening when I was talking?" She laughed a little, then answered me."I said that you didn't need eyeliner, since today is a live fan signing, it's best to stick to a more natural look."

At that point, Taeseon entered the room. I could see Jaekyung stiffen a little, but ignored her and pretended that she wasn't bothered. Something must've happened between them. I moved to grab her hand, Jaekyung seemed suprised for a moment, then smiled at me and went to help another member.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaekyung's POV

 I expected Taeseon to have glared at me or say something absurd, but she just acted like I didn't exist. "Sungjongie~" I mentally facepalmed myself when I heard her sickly sweet voice, the voice she used on me when I just started here as a stylist.

 "Don't touch me." I looked in the reflection of the mirror in suprise, only to see Sungjong flinging Taeseon's arms off of himself. It wouldn't be a suprise if she quitted after that. After all her status was important. Nearly at her limit, Taeseon`s face darkened by a tenth fold and raged away, whipping her hair and leaving. Checking, Sungjong sighed and snuck up next to me.

"That was... digusting. Acting all young and cute when she`s that much older than me." Sungjong signed. 

"Yeah yeah, you`re much prettier. Now go away." I replied poking his forehead. He batted his eyelashes at me and smiled, obediently sitting down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Sungyeol and I were normal again. We teased each other whenever we saw each other. Being friends with everyone in Infinite, we met up quite alot, thus we were always getting on each other's nerves. They say that this is a successful way to be on someone's mind all the time. Weird, huh. 

"Yah, noona!" Sungyeol called out to me. He smirked seeing that I was fuming with anger. "Just kidding!" He attempted to run away (which isn't really effective in crowded studio space), but I had already catched up and punched him hard on the shoulder. "Oww! I still have photos to take, you're going to bruise me!" 

"You're wearing a long-sleeved sweater" I pointed out. He made a face at me. Today's the day that Sungyeol and I are going out for dinner. it's not a date though. I offered to buy him dinner as an apology for giving him he cold shoulder. We had decided to go to one of those popular Korean restarants after his photoshoot. As I waited for him in the makeup room, I looked over the concepts for future events and cleaned up the products. There wasn't anything left to do, there were no more idols to do touch-ups or be changed for a different concept. The staff members started to come in and take their things to leave. 

 "Jaekyung, why are you still here? You can go now." 

 "I'm waiting for my friend Sungyeol." I replied to the director. 

"Ahh, Sungyeol, he went to change. I'm going to leave now, ok? Don't crash the studio!" He said jokingly as he made his way out. I watched as the staff members left one by one. All that was left were the set crew that were packing the equipment. Just as I was going to leaving the room, the door opened, revealing Sungyeol. In the most annoyed expression I could muster, I reached up and messed up his hair. "You're late." He widened his eyes, looking like an innocent child with bed hair. 

"Sorry, I got stuck in the change room." I imagined him banging on a door from the inside, and laughed, then reached up to sweep his bangs to the side, since his "bedhair" was a little way too out of hand. 

------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol's POV 

 As we stared into each other's eyes, it was getting  a little too hot in this room for my liking. I broke the gaze,by pulling Jaekyung into a hug. I felt her hesitating before wrapping her arms around my waist. I would have wished to stay in this position or life, but it was getting late. Catching her off guard I ruffled her hair, gaining a stream of protests from her. "That's what you get for ruining my hair! Come on, let's go eat, I'm hungry!" I started to walk back out the room.

"At least I fixed it afterwards" I heard her grumble from behind me, so I turned around and pushed some of her hair behind her ear, causing her to blush in a pretty pink. Grabbing her hand, I pulled her with me outside of the studio and into our own world. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~