Mixed Feelings

Why Do I Only See You?

A/N: Updating again guys. You ready for this chapter? Let's GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback Back in Eigth Grade

"Hyunah-ah I'm ba-..." Baekhyun dropped the cake he just bought as he stood infront of his bedroom door. The sweet chocolate frosting splattered on the ground and he stood speechless there as he looked at the scene in front of him.

 

"Bae-Baekhyun-ah..." Hyunah stuttered.

 

Baekyun continued to look at Hyunah lying on his bed and his older on top of her half . He then took his gaze off of Hyunah and looked at his brother who was giving him a smirk.

 

Baekhyun ran away from the scene.

 

"Baekhyun-ah!" Hyunah yelled after him and pushed Baekbeom off of her and ran after Baekhyun.

 

***

'Hyung... Why do you always do this to me?' Baekhyun screamed in his head.

 

He stopped at an empty park and sat down on a bench and began to cry at the scene he just witnessed.

 

"Why do you always have to do this to me hyung? Why can't you ever let me have a decent girlfriend." Baekhyun said and covered his face in his palms. 

 

Weeks Later

 

"Baekhyun-ah, come greet my new girlfriend." Baekbeom said as he brought in a short girl with light brown hair in a bun, pale skin, big eyes and a smile of an angel.

 

"Hello." She greeted Baekhyun who sat on the couch watching television with no interest in her. "You can call me Taeyeon nuna."

 

Baekhyun turned his head and looked at her then looked back at the television.

 

Taeyeon's smile disappeared at the short moment she gained eye contact with Baekhyun. 'He looks.. so.. sad..' she thought to herself.

 

"Let's go Taeyeon." Baekbeom said and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her into his room.

 

Weeks Later After Meeting Taeyeon

 

"Yah." Taeyeon said as she sat next to Baekhyun in sand. "What are you doing all the way over here?" Taeyeon asked but recieved no answer from Baekhyun. Taeyeon sensed the awkwardness. "The sound of the waves are nice right?" She said and closed her eyes. After a long silence she peeked an eye and looked at Baekhyun who had his head down with a gloomy expression.

 

"I have a quiestion." Taeyeon said and looked at him. "Why wont you speak to me at all? is it because you don't like me?" Taeyeon asked. "Come to think of it... You don't seem to like anybody. Am I right?" Taeyeon said. "I'm right am I?" Taeyeon joked. "Weird.. You're totally different from your brother. He's very talkative and friendly." Taeyeon said and turned her head back to the house and looked at Baekbeom and his friend barbequeing. 

 

"You are being decieved." Baekhyun said.

 

"H-huh? What was that?" Taeyeon asked.

 

Baekhyun then turned to look at her. "Leave him while you can... Before he hurts you."

 

Taeyeon stared at him blankly for a moment then laughed. "You're a funny one."

 

"I'm serious." Baekhyun said and turned to her.

 

"How can he hurt me?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

"You don't understand because you don't know how he really is." Baekhyun said getting frustrated with her.

 

"No.. i think i know him enough to be his girlfriend."

 

Baekhyun sighed. "You're an idiot." Baekhyun said and stood up and began walking alongside the beach.

 

"Hey! Baekhyun-ah, wait for me!" Taeyeon yelled and followed him. "Do you.. want to tell me a little about your brother then?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Forget it." Baekhyun said and stuck his hands in his pocket.

 

"No. Tell me. I'll listen." Taeyeon said but recieved no answer. "Does it involve you?" Taeyeon asked making Baekhyun stop walking for a bit. "I'm right am i?" Taeyeon said and looked at Baekhyun. He then continued walking and Taeyeon followed. "Actually, from the first time i saw you.. I can see in your eyes you are hurt. Like a cold little boy being trapped in his own body, unable to tell his feelings to anyone."

 

"Yes... You're right." Baekhyun said sarcastically.

 

"So what did Baekbeom do to you?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"That hyung.." Baekhyun said slowly. "He always managed to find a way to break my relationships."

 

"Really? That's cruel." Taeyeon said.

 

Baekhyun chuckled at her dorkiness. "Maybe that's why I'm like this now."

 

"So it's your brothers fault. Hmm.. What a jerk." Taeyeon joked.

 

"You're right. I hate him." 

 

"Hey you're talking a lot now." Taeyeon and pointed at him with a wide smile.

 

Baekhyun slightly smiled.

 

"Hey..." She said and grabbed Baekhyun's arm and slid her way to his hand. Baekhyun stopped walking and looked at Taeyeon you had his hand in both of hers. "I can see you've been hurt a lot from your brother. I'll apologize on behalf of him.. Don't be mad anymore... okay?"

 

"You're words aren't going to change anything from what he has done to me." Baekhyun said and looked her in the eyes. 

 

"Can't you give him one more chance?" Taeyeon asked. "For me?"

 

Couple Months Later

 

"Yah Taeyeon-ah! Why are you so late?" Baekhyun said as the breathless Taeyeon ran towards him.

 

"Sorry. I woke up late. And hey! stop calling me so informally. I'm your nuna." Taeyeon said pouted.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. "Come on let's go. The game is starting." Baekhyun said and grabbed Taeyeon's hand and they entered the stadium.

 

---

 

"WOOAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Baekhyun shouted as the soccer player scored another goal.

 

"WOOAAHHHH!" Taeyeon shouted too. "We are going to win today!" Taeyeon said excitedly.

 

"What?" Baekhyun said and leaned his head closer to her.

 

"I said! WE are going to win today!!!" She shouted louder.

 

"WOOOAHAHHH!!!!!!!!" A man shouted in excitement as they scored another goal, that he didn't realize he accidentally pushed Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun and Taeyeon widen their eyes in surpise as Baekhyun's cheek crashed into Taeyeons lips.

 

Baekhyun moved away quickly and they both turned back to the game. He stood blankly for a moment then a smile crept on his face.

 

Couple Months Later

 

"Why are you like this?" Taeyeon asked with a shaky voice. "Why are you suddenly doing this?"

 

Baekhyun watched from aside as Taeyeon and Baekbeom were having their converstaion.

 

"Sorry.. I just don't have that feeling anymore." Baekbeom said. "Why are you acting like this? It's not something serious. It was just more experiences for us. We both knew we weren't going to settle down together."

 

"You didn't?" Taeyeon said in surprise. "What was all of that for? Was i just a delusional women to you? Was I that easy?"

 

"You really want to know?" Baekbeom asked and looked at Taeyeon who had her lips sealed and tears dropping from her eyes. "You were."

 

"Why are you like this hyung?" Baekhyun said and stood in front of Taeyeon. "Do you know how much you are hurting Taeyeon right now?"

 

"What's in it for you? Why are you doing this? I'm just trying to end a relationship. Is there a problem?" Baekbeom asked.

 

Baekhyun nodded his head. "It's your loss. Come on Taeyeon." Baekhyun said and grabbed her by the hand and dragged her out of the house.

 

*** 

 

Baekhyun dragged her to the empty park near by. Baekhyun then released her hand and turned around to her.

 

Taeyeon turned around and walked over to a nearby bench and sat down with Baekhyun following.

 

"Baekhyun-ah.. Am I really that easy?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

Baekhyun sat down next to her without an answer.

 

"I-... I can't believe he didn't feel what i felt." Taeyeon said and her eyes filled with more tears. 

 

"Don't cry." Baekhyun said and pulled her into his embrace. "I'll be by your side."

 

End of Flashback

 

Baekhyun pulled away from Taeyeon and looked at her shocked face.

"Three years ago.. It was like this too." Baekhyun said and looked down. "I must let you know that if it wasn't because of you. I wouldn't even want to stay in contact with him." Baekhyun said and looked at her who didn't dare to look at him. "Do you want to know why? It's because I believe that staying close to him will allow me to be with you."

"You better get going." Taeyeon said lowly. "It's really late."

Baekhyun stood up and looked her who had her face turned towards the window. "What i said was true. I want you to think about it." Baekhyun said and walked out the door.

 

---

Next Day

"He's not going to be mad that I just left yesterday right.." Minah said to herself on her way to Baekhyun's house.

As Minah walked to the front of Baekhyun's house and to her surprise Baekhyun was getting ready to go somwhere.

He stopped surprise in her presence. "Where are you going?" Minah asked.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked pass her bumping into her shoulder.

Minah sighed heavily. "Yah!" She shouted and grabbed Baekhyun's hand making him turn around and looked at their hands in surprise then looked at Minah.

Minah quickly let go of his hand. "S-sorry." Minah apologized. "Where are you going? We are suppose to practice today." 

"Sorry. I'm busy today."

"Are you doing this because i left early yesterday?" Minah asked.

"No. Don't be foolish." Baekhyun said and began walking again.

"What's wrong with him." Minah sighed.

***

"Hello." Baekhyun said as he peaked through the door carrying a boquet of flowers and a basket of fruits.

"Hi." Taeyeon smiled sitting on the bed.

"The doctor said you haven't been eating much that's why you fainted." Baekhyun said and hand Taeyeon the flowers.

"Thank you." Taeyeon said and looked at the flowers Baekhyun handed her.

Baekhyun sighed and sat down. "I'll cut you some fruits." 

Baekhyun then grabbed a ripe apple and and began cutting the skin.
 
"Baekhyun-ah.. About yesterday.." 
 
"It's okay. Just think I didn't say anything." Baekhyun faked a smile. "Here." Baekhyun handed Taeyeon a slice of apple.
 
"Thank you. For everything. You are like a younger brother to me. And I don't want everything to change." 
 
***
 
"I'm just like a younger brother to you." Baekhyun said as he walked out of the hospital.
 
Baekhyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He took it out and saw that it was JongIn.
 
"Hello." Baekhyun answered.
 
"Are you busy today?" JongIn asked. "Let's go play soccer."
 
"Sorry. I don't feel like it." Baekhyun said and hung up without letting JongIn say anything else.
 
----------
 
A week of school has gone by and Baekhyun didn't show up at school.
 
"Hey.. JongIn." Minah said as she walked up to JongIn who was sitting in his desk. "Do you know why Baekhyun hasn't come to school all week?" Minah asked.
 
"Beats me." JongIn said. "It's your fault that he didn't come to school. I haven't gotten in contact with him either."
 
"Yah. What are you trying to say?" 
 
"You know that he likes you, but you go out and date some guy." 
 
"No. He doesn't like me!" Minah said and stomped to her seat.
 
"What's wrong with you?" Hyeri asked.
 
"N-nothing." Minah said and held her hands together. 'He doesn't like me. What was the reason he didn't want to practice that day.' Minah thought to herself. "Hey. Should I go to his house afterschool?" Minah asked her true and loyal friend.
 
"Kyungsoo's? Yeah!" 
 
"No.. Baekhyun's. He hasn't been at school lately."
 
"Who cares about him . Him not being here is good for you and Kyungsoo isn't it right?" Hyeri asked. 
 
"But..." Minah said pathetically. "Never mind."
 
"Don't go okay? If you know what's good for you. You'll listen to me and not go.. Okay?" Hyeri said.
 
Minah looked at her in worries. 'Sorry Hyeri.. But I think I have to go.'
 
***
 
Knock* knock* knock*
 
Minah knocked on Baekhyun's front door.
 
"Is he not h-.." Minah was cut off as the door opened, and there appeared Baekhyun who was dressed in grey sweats and a dark blue long sleeved t-shirt.
 
Baekhyun widen his eyes. "Why are you here?" He asked.
 
Minah pushed her way in. She walked inside the house and saw that it was a mess. 
 
"Hey." Baekhyun said after he closed the door. "What are you doing here?"
 
"What happened here?" Minah asked looking at the living room filled with alcohol and trash everywhere. 
 
"It's nothing."
 
Minah turned around to face Baekhyun but her attention went towards his hand.
 
She walked up to him. "What happened to your hand?" Minah asked and held the wounded hand wrapped in bandage.
 
"Nothing." Baekhyun said and yanked his hand out of her grasp. "Achk." Baekhyun winced.
 
Minah chuckled. "Still trying to be tough when you're already hurt." 
 
"Look who's being a smart mouth."
 
"Forget it. Where's your medicine. I'll take a look at it for you." Minah said.
 
"Forget it." Baekhyun said and walked over to the couch.
 
Minah sighed and followed him. "Let me take a look." 
 
***
 
"What did you do to your hand?" Minah asked gently rubbing off the the blood on Baekhyun's hand with a cotton swab.
 
"I hit a mirror." 
 
Minah paused then continued without looking up at him . "Why did you do that?" Minah asked.
 
"Why should I tell you?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Just tell me." Minah said and put medicine on a new cotton swab and began to apply it on his hand. She then looked at him after a silence. She saw him looking at her with a slight smile. 'Why is he looking at me like that..' 
 
"W-why are you looking at me like that?" Minah asked but received no answer. "Is there something on my face again?"
 
Baekhyun sat up and looked at her. "No.. What if I just.. Want to kiss you?" Baekhyun said and leaned forward to her.
 
"W-w-wait." Minah stuttered. "Huh?" She widen her eyes as a heavy weight fell on her. "Hey... Baekhyun-ah. Are you okay?" Minah said and pushed Baekhyun forward.
 
She widened her eyes as she saw Baekhyun breathing heavily and sweat was rolling down his forehead. She reached her hand and touched his forehead.
 
"He's got a fever." Minah said and stood up. She place his legs on the couch and hurriedly to get a warm wet towel.
 
---
 
"What am I going to do?" Minah said as she looked at Baekhyun sleeping with a high fever.
 
"Don't go." Baekhyun said softly.
 
"H-huh?" Minah said and kneeled down on her knees. "Baekhyun-ah."
 
"D-don't go. Don't leave me." Baekhyun said again.
 
Minah grabbed his hands. "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." Minah gently patted his chest and let go of his hands after she saw that the fell asleep. She then stood up and looked around the room. " I guess I'll start cleaning." Minah said and went in the kitchen and grabbed bags to put the glass and cans of alcohol in.
 
After she finished cleaning around she went back to Baekhyun. She took off the wet towel that turned cold and soaked it in warm water again. "His temperature seems to have gotten down." She said and placed the towel on his forehead again.
 
Minah sighed then sat down on the ground and rested her arms on the couch and and put her head down for a nap.
 
"I'm so tired." She said before falling asleep beside Baekhyun.
 
---
 
"Mmmm." Baekhyun groaned as he felt his arm getting numb. He opened his eyes and and saw a black figure sitting on the ground and had her arms on top of Baekhyun's. 
 
Baekhyun reached behind his head and pulled on the lamp switch.
 
He widened his eyes, then smiled. He looked at Minah sitting there sleeping next to him made him felt a slight happiness.
 
He got up and carried Minah bride style into his room and placed her down on his bed. He sat down on the bed and removed her bangs covering her face.
 
"Hehe." Minah giggled making Baekhyun look at her in surprise. "I like spicy rice cakes."
 
Baekhyun chuckled and climbed on the bed next to her. He rested her head on his arm and she then turned to him and wrapped her arm around his waist. Baekhyun embraced her as the covers covered them waist down. 
 
The next day Minah woke up to a familiar scent. She slowly opened her eyes feeling herself being wrapped around a pair of arms that made her immediately shot herself up in surprise.
 
She turned around seeing that her and Baekhyun her lying in the same bed. "Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" She screamed making Baekhyun wake up.
 
"What is it?" Baekhyun asked half awake.
 
"How did we end up here? How could I have slept through the whole night? Wait, do we have school today? Aniyo.."
 
"I brought us in my room." Baekhyun said and sat up too."it looked painful for you sleeping there so I brought us in my room."
 
Minah backed away from him and embraced herself.
 
Baekhyun chuckled at her sudden shock. "Don't worry. I didn't do anything to you. We just snuggled."
 
"That's really it?" Minah asked making sure. "You didn't try..." Minah gasped and touched her lips.
 
"I didn't!" Baekhyun said. "I guess I should've huh?" Baekhyun said and gave her a teasing smile and leaned closer to her then stopped and looked into her eyes.
 
Minah looked at him in the eyes then smiled. 'Why does this weird feeling always come up when I'm with you. When I look into your eyes that draws me in deeper. You smile that melts my heart. And you voice..'
 
"Have you fallen for me yet?" Baekhyun said still looking at her. "Stop staring or you really will." Baekhyun said and broke the eye contact.
 
"Hey. You were really funny yesterday. You kept telling me not to go." Minah said. 
 
Baekhyun paused then chuckled. "Did I?" Baekhyun said and got out of the bed.
 
"Just what exactly is going on? Why haven't you been going to school? Staying home alone to the extent that you caught a fever." 
 
"It's none of your business." He said and walked around the bed.
 
Minah quickly then got up and pulled Baekhyun back by the hand. "Why won't you tell me? You acting like this is.. Is..." Minah hesitated. "It's making me worried."
 
Baekhyun grinned then turned around to her. He grabbed her behind the neck and pulled her face closer to his. "No matter what happens to me. I don't want to hear you say you are worried about me okay? Because I'm going to be the one here worrying about you."
 
Minah smiled without realizing.
 
"All you need to do is be here with me and give me strength.. Okay." Baekhyun said and let go of her and walked into the bathroom.
 
Minah stood there feeling mixed feelings. 'What's with this feeling when ever I'm around you.' Minah asked herself. 'What ever it is. It just makes me happy.'
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: hi guys! Not best chapter I know -.-' ... Oh well. Minah having mixed feelings for Baekhyun. What about Kyungsoo?!?!?!?!!!!! And Baekhyun!! Who do you really love/like? Lol we'll find out soon enough. Thanks for reading guise!