Book 2

Love

“What are you looking at?” Jessica said in cold tone. Tiffany gulped. She didn’t expect that Jessica was like this to her. “She really a monster.” She thought. She just shook her head. “Good, cause I don’t get easy with a new worker.” She said and walking toward Sooyoung. “So, what will you do during lunch later?” Jessica asked cutely. While Tiffany, she just give a blank face.

“Huh? Lunch? Like I told you, I’m busy. If you ask to go out with you, why don’t you just go with Yuri? Yuri text me just now that she want to lunch together.” Sooyoung answer flatly. Jessica frowning. “Aww.. But I will feel boring without you.” She whining. Sooyoung rubs her temple. “Tiffany, you can go out and meet Lily about your desk. Just tell her that you are my new assistant.” Sooyoung smiled. Tiffany nodded.

When Tiffany gone, Sooyoung face Jessica. “Sica, what are you thinking?” Jessica draw the circle on Sooyoung’s desk. “What am I thinking? I’m just thinking about you.” Jessica said seductive while poking Sooyoung’s shoulder. Sooyoung push her hand away. “Sica, I think I have been told you this like a thousand times already. We are nothing but just a friend.” She rolled her eyes and took a seat.

“That’s what you only thinking Soo. But not me. I’m thinking that we were couple.” Sooyoung glared. “Just, don’t disturb me. I’m doing my work.” Jessica walking toward the door. “Okay, I won’t disturb you in the office. But, I wouldn’t disturb you at other place. Just remember that you the only one that I love Sooyoung.” She winked.

….

“Here’s your desk Tiffany. I hope you feels comfortable with it.” Lily said while smiling. Tiffany smiling. “Thank you.” She bows. Lily chuckled. “No need to be formal with me. If you need any help, just tell me okay?” She nodded. When Lily was gone, Tiffany seat on the chair and smiling to herself. “Mom, dad, oppa, unnie. I got a job already. And my boss is really nice. And I think I start to feels comfortable with her.”

Suddenly, there’s a tanned girl asking Tiffany. “Excuse me, is Miss Choi inside?” Tiffany look up. “Y-yes she is. B-but she busy. Who a-are you?” Since she was shy, she try to manage her words. “I’m her friend. Tell her that Kwon Yuri is looking for her.” Yuri smiled. Tiffany nodded.

She pick up the phone and make a dial.

“Yes Tiffany?”

“Miss, there’s Kwon Yuri want to see you.”

“Oh, okay. Just let her in.”

She put the phone and face Yuri. “You m-may go in-inside.” Yuri chuckled. “Why you shutter? By the way, thanks.” She smiled.

….

“What’s up bro!” Yuri shouted. “Hey Yul! What’s up. Aren’t you busy?” Sooyoung asked. “Nope, my busy work will start tomorrow. Oh and Soo.” Sooyoung face her. “What?” “Can I know where did you find your assistant?” Yuri asked. “Why? She did great isn’t?” Yuri rubs her forehead. “She really did great. But she was shuttered just now. Is she scared or something?”

Sooyoung laughed. “No, she just shy. That’s why. I was almost going to hit her with my car this morning you know.” Sooyoung sighed. Yuri laughed her off. “What’s so funny?” Sooyoung asked. “So you want to say that you picked her at the street? Haha!” Sooyoung hit her head. “Ouch! Yah! It’s hurt.” Yuri said sulking. “Good for you. She just doesn’t have any money and job. That’s why I hired her. And she like an angel.” She murmured the last words like angel.

Yuri smirked. “What?” Sooyoung asked annoying. “You like her huh?” Yuri smirked turn to evil smile. “W-would you stop that creepy face!” She push Yuri’s face away from her face. “Haha! Just look at your own face Soo! Haha! It is so obvious that you like her Soo. You like her didn’t you?”

Sooyoung gulped. “See! You do like her!” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “If you don’t want to, you can give her to me. She seems cute.” Yuri joked. “Why would I give you?” “Why you mad?” Sooyoung panicked. “It b-because she my assistant. Why would I give you easily?” She excused. Yuri rolled her eyes. “Whatever Sooyoung. You can lie to me but you can’t lie to your heart.” She smirked.

“By the way, I should go now. I have some friends to meet. And oh Sooyoung, Jessica told me you don’t want to lunch. Are you okay? Where’s the shikshin that I know? Haha!” Sooyoung glared. Yuri gulped. “Okay I’m going now.” She immediately run away from Sooyoung before anything else happen.

….

Almost lunch time. And Tiffany still doing her work. “Hey Tiffany, want to grab lunch with us?” Lily asked. Tiffany smiled. “It’s okay unnie. I didn’t eat a lot.” Lily chuckled. “Okay, if you say so. Take care.” Tiffany waving goodbye to the others worker. The tall girl check the watch and it’s almost 12 noon. She went outside and saw Tiffany was still working. Sooyoung smiling to herself.

“Didn’t eat?” Tiffany shocked. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scared you.” Sooyoung chuckled. “You didn’t eat? It’s lunch time.” Tiffany shook. “I didn’t eat a lot.” Tiffany answered flatly. “How about, I treat you? Since I just met you this morning and you have to work here. And we can have a talk perhaps.” Sooyoung smiled. Tiffany obey her. She just nodded and follow Sooyoung.

….

Café

Tiffany was blinked when she saw food on the table. She never expect to eat something like this expensive. “So, I only know your name Tiffany. How about you tell me everything about you.” Sooyoung said.

“Urmm.. I’m t-turning 21 this year.” Sooyoung chuckled. “How cute.” She thought. “Ahh.. Looks like we both going to turn 21 this year. Anyway, how’s your family?” Tiffany look down. She doesn’t want to talk about it.

Sooyoung sighed. “It’s okay if you don’t want to. By the way, where’s your home? And how you need to go back?”

“I stay in apartment. And I’m always ride a bus.” Sooyoung nodded.

“What if I say, I will send you back home everyday? And I will take you everyday to go to work? Is that okay?” Tiffany just silent. She doesn’t want Sooyoung be in burden just because of her. “I don’t want to b-burden you.”

Sooyoung smiled. “It’s okay with me. Here, let’s eat now before it cold.”

“Miss Choi, didn’t you just said to that monster you were busy and you doesn’t want to eat?”

“Please, just call me Sooyoung. Monster? Who?”

Tiffany blushed. “I m-mean Miss J-Jung! S-sorry.” Sooyoung chuckled. “You call her monster? What hilarious. And yes, I did said that. Actually, I just want to run away from her. Why you call her monster?”

Tiffany blinked. “B-because her stare. It’s scary.” Sooyoung smiled. “Let’s just forget about her and eat. Here, try this.” She put the spoon full with spaghetti in front of Tiffany. “Say ahh..” Tiffany blushed when Sooyoung treat her like that.

“Mom, is she the one who take my heart? Is she the one that I’m waiting for? Why I keep blushing when she smiling at me?”