Chibified Phoenix

Our Precious Chanyeol

Chibified Phoenix

 

Chanyeol drank a mysterious drink that was given by an old lady when he was out to do the grocery shopping. And the next morning, he turned into a 3 year old boy.

Suho, Tao, and Baekhyun fainted.

Luhan. DO, and Xiumin cooed.

Kai, Lay, and Chen were asleep.

Kris and Sehun had their jaws dropped.

And Chanyeol… he did nothing. Literary nothing. Well, except for blinking adorably in the middle of his bed.


a/n. Hi~

I'm alive ^^

I'm so sorry to keep you waiting for that long but college is killing me T~T

So, this is the next entry.

Hope you enjoy ^^


2.00 p.m.

 

Chanyeol was on his way home from the super market to do the grocery shopping since he’d lost the rock-paper-scissors game (the EXO members had set it up, but please, don’t tell Chanyeol). He was not annoyed, no. He was glad that he went alone since he could have some bites of the free sample food in the supermarket. However, the flock of fan girls that blocked his way out and the scorching hot weather in that afternoon managed to remove the happy virus’ ever-present smile and replace it with a pout (a cute one if I may say). Thank God, right before the last turn to their dorm, Chanyeol met an old lady who offered him a bottle of cold drink. Gratefully, he took the bottle from the kind lady and thanked her sincerely, the beautiful smile had finally returned to its respective place.

When he arrived at the dorm, he found it to be empty. Not even bothered to wonder where his teammates were, Chanyeol made his way to the kitchen to put the groceries on the kitchen counter since he felt his arms were about to fall off.

In the midst of unpacking the groceries and putting them into the fridge, he suddenly remembered the cold drink that he’d received from the old lady. Without further ado, he closed the fridge and went to the kitchen counter to fetch the bottle. Once he got the said drink, he drank almost half of the content and he was so surprised that it tasted really nice. Wanting to know the brand, he took a look at the label wrapped on the bottle.

‘This is a special drink, one out of two in the whole world. Congratulation! This drink will take you back to your childhood and help the people around you to be more mature and responsible.’

Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, Chanyeol tried to find more information in the label. When he found nothing, he shrugged his shoulders, gulped the remaining liquid in the bottle, and dumped the bottle into the dustbin afterward.

In less than ten seconds, Chanyeol felt a very strange sensation happened to his body. He felt so dizzy and started to see in doubles. Soon, he was terrified, ‘What if the drink had been mixed with poison? What if the old lady was his antis? What if he died?’ was the thoughts that ran through his head. In a sheer panic, he wobbled to the sink in order to forcefully vomit the drink that he just had. However, before he could reached the sink, his legs gave up and his body fell to the ground. Then, all he could see was darkness.

***

4.00 p.m.

 

The beeping sound of the security lock echoed in the hallway and soon, a group of good-looking young men entered the apartment noisily. Once they’re inside, they scattered around the apartment trying to look for the best spot to sit down and release the exhaustion from the short practice they just had.

“Do you think Chan-hyung has returned from the shopping?” the youngest, Sehun asked his teammates.

“I think he has. I saw his shoes in the doorway when we got home. That lucky brat, didn’t need to practice since we sent him to do the shopping.” Baekhyun protested. “I wonder where he is though. It’s too quiet.” Baekhyun continued and he stretched his neck in his effort to locate his giant best friend.

“Maybe he’s sleeping or in the bathroom? I hope he got me a bubble tea.” Sehun said excitedly and proceeded to walk toward the kitchen.

Not long after, the rest of the EXO members were surprised by a panicked shout that came out of the kitchen.

“Chan-hyung!!! Hyungs!!! Help!!! Chanyeollie hyung!!!” Sehun was beyond panic. Never in his mind had he imagined seeing the loudest and the second tallest member of his group to be so weak and vulnerable like that. He was about to check the fridge when he caught sight of his hyung’s form lying in front of the sink. He rushed to his hyung side and started panicking when he caught sight of Chanyeol’s face. He looked so pale, with beads of perspiration appear on his forehead. His breath ragged and Sehun could feel that his hyung was burning up. Cradling his hyung’s head onto his lap, Sehun shout for help.

In an instant, the whole EXO crowded the kitchen. Kris and Suho were the one who got to the kitchen first and seeing the sight of Chanyeol’s unconscious form in Sehun’s embrace made their heart dropped. Kris hurriedly knelt in front of Sehun and lifted the unconscious giant into his bedroom, bridal style. He frowned when he felt that Chanyeol was quite lighter than the last time he carried him. Once he got to Chanyeol’s bedroom, Kris carefully laid the unconscious giant on his bed. His frown deepened upon realizing that the second giant also had an extremely high temperature.

Before he asked for a wet towel though, Sehun had appeared with a wet towel in his hand and positioned himself next to the Chinese leader. Kris took the wet towel and wiped Chanyeol’s face with it.

“Wh…What happen with him?” Baekhyun who had been so worried finally opened his mouth.

“I don’t know. I found him in the kitchen and he’s already out.” Sehun responded. His voice trembled since he tried his best to hold his tears. Maybe he looked so ignorant and rude toward his hyungs. But Chanyeol had a special place in his heart that made him felt so broken upon seeing his hyung’s weakened state.

Suho entered the room then, and engulfed the youngest into a reassuring hug. After a moment of silence, Kris finally made a voice.

“What should we do then?” He asked quietly without averting his attention from Chanyeol’s unconscious form.

“What else? We should take him to the hospital off course!” Baekhyun was the one who responded with a clear worry in his voice. Followed by some murmurs of agreement from the rest of the group members.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” A voice from the outside the bedroom made Kris finally shifted his attention from Chanyeol’s face.

“What do you mean that’s not a good idea?! He’s sick for heaven’s sake!” Baekhyun exploded. How the hell Chen could say something like that? Chanyeol’s his best friend as well.

“Baekhyun!” Kris scolded strictly and the whole room fell into a complete silence. “I know that you’re worried. We’re worried as well. But I believe Chen has his own reason for his words.” With that, Kris nodded to Chen as a cue for him to start explaining his thought. Chen walked into the room, and rotated himself so that he came face to face with s.

“I think we should try our best to take care of him by ourselves first. Tomorrow, if he shows no improvement, we’ll take him to the hospital.” Chen explained.

“Why don’t we take him to the hospital now? What if his condition worsened?” this time, Tao was the one who let out his thought.

“If we take him to the hospital now, the fans will…” Chen’s words was cut short by Baekhyun’s outburst.

“The fans?! Your friend is hella sick and all you can think about are the fans?! Are you nuts?!” Baekhyun couldn’t control his emotion anymore. He was beyond pissed. It was Chanyeol they’re talking about!

“I think Chen’s right.” Now, the whole attention shifted to their Korean leader. Before Baekhyun could say a word of protest, Suho raised his right hand as a sign of no interruption “Now, what if Chanyeol just get a normal flu? We couldn’t afford of making the fans worried over a small thing. The company will get into a trouble as well, and I’m sure none of you want to get a scolding, right?” Suho tried to reason with his band members. The whole band chose to keep silent, trying to digest Suho’s reasoning. Baekhyun, even though he was so dead worried about his friend’s well-being finally accepted the decision. He casted an apologetic look to Chen’s direction and earned a reassuring smile in reply.

“Now, who wants to take care of Chanyeol?” Suho asked and all the members volunteered themselves to take care of the happy virus. Suho felt his heart swell upon seeing how s cared a lot toward each other’s well-being. “Okay, so we’ll take turns in watching over Chanyeol. Two or three people at once. Kris, do you want to be the first?” Suho asked to the other leader who hadn’t even move an inch form his original position, kneeling beside Chanyeol’s bed.

“Sure.” Kris answered shortly, and returned to his activity of wiping Chanyeol’s face with the wet towel.

“Good. Who else?” Suho asked and instantly he felt the youngest’ who had been in his embrace moved a bit. “Do you want to?” He asked the youngest, earning a nod from the youngster.

“Okay, so it’ll be Kris and Sehun who will watch over Chanyeol. Others, prepare the dinner and take a short rest before it comes for your turn.” Suho said in dismissal tone and pat Sehun’s back before he followed the others to leave the room.

***

 

“Sehun-ah, can you take a new t-shirt for Chanyeol? This one is drenched in sweat.” Kris asked the youngest.

“Sure, Appa.” Sehun answered with a hint of playfulness in his voice. Kris, upon hearing the nickname his ‘son’ had called him with, finally averted his attention to the youngest who had stood up to take the t-shirt from Chanyeol’s dresser.

“What?” Sehun asked smugly when he turned around and was greeted with a quirked eyebrow from the Chinese leader.

“Why did you call me that?” Kris asked bewildered.

Sehun shrugged. “We’re alone right? You said that I can call you and Chanyeol hyung as Appa and Umma when we’re alone.”

Well, that’s true. Kris and Chanyeol had volunteered to be the Appa and Umma for Sehun ever since they found him crying in the rooftop in their early debut days due to Sehun’s extreme longing of his parents. Whenever they had their quality time without other people around, Sehun would call Kris as his Appa and Chanyeol as his Umma. No, Chanyeol and Kris didn’t have that romantic type of relationshiap. They just want to soothe the magnae whenever he felt down. However, those habit had embedded into their unconscious mind. Naturally, without them realized it, they would treat Sehun as if he’s their real son. Kris would scold him when he got too much to handle and Chanyeol would soothe him afterward. Those Appa-son or Umma-son moment had been captured—not only once by their fans in so many different occasions.

“It just… It’s been awhile since the last time you call me that.” Kris reasoned.

“That’s because we barely got our quality time together. Moreover, umma’s condition really makes me worried.” Sehun said sadly. “Appa, will umma be okay?”

“I hope he will. I’ve never seen him to be this weak before.” Kris murmured. Then he proceeded to remove Chanyeol’s t-shirt. His frown returned when he put the new t-shirt on Chanyeol

“Sehuna, Is this t-shirt supposed to look so baggy on your umma?” Kris asked.

Sehun frowned. He knew exactly that the t-shirt was his umma’s favorite and Sehun had worn it once. “No appa. I had worn it once and it fitted me just fine. It’s supposed to fit umma as well.” But then, their eyes widened in realization.

“Don’t tell me….”

“That umma’s getting thinner.”

Then, a twin frown appeared on the appa-son’s face. They shared a look and without voicing their thought, they decided to look after the umma until he woke up to demand for an explanation.

***

 

“He hasn’t woken up?” Asked a voice from the doorway. Kris and Sehun who were sitting on the bed across from Chanyeol’s turned their head toward the source of the voice.

“No. His fever hasn’t reduced as well.” Kris answered worriedly.

Baekhyun heaved a long breath. “You guys can take a rest. Luhan hyung and I will take care of him.”

Kris and Sehun shared a look. Then, Sehun said “Ummm… we’ve decided that we’re the one who will take care of him. So you guys can take a rest.”

Luhan sighed. He knew that this will happen. “In as much as you want to take care of your umma, you guys need to look after yourselves as well.” Upon hearing the ‘umma’ part, Kris’ and Sehun’s eyes widened in response.

“H-how… how could you….” Kris was at a loss of words. Baekhyun and Luhan had to stifle their chuckle when they saw the usually expressionless leader and magnae’s bewildered expression.

“Oh, come on. The Wu family is even more popular than the legendary Hunhan.” Baekhyun deadpanned. “Don’t you guys check the fan cafés?” Kris and Sehun shook their head.

“But what surprised me is that you guys really do act like a family. I thought that you just did that thing for the sake of fan service. But then, the way you act around each other shows how sincere you are.” Luhan said with a smile. “Now, I’m sure that the umma doesn’t want you guys to get sick because of taking care of him. So, get up and have your dinner while we look after him. You can return after you had your dinner.” Luhan continued and pulled the two giant to stand up and get out of the room to have their dinner.

“How can he looks ten years younger when he’s sleeping?” Baekhyun mused loudly from his position crouching next to the bed after Luhan closed the door.

“Chanyeol’s look doesn’t really change.” Luhan said while walking closer to the bed.

“Yeah, and I’m jealous for that.” Baekhyun said in a joking tone.

***

 

11.00 p.m.

“Appa, what should we do? The fever hasn’t reduced yet.” Sehun asked worriedly while checking his umma’s temperature.

“I know it. But we have to wait until tomorrow, Sehuna. If the fever still there, we will take umma to the hospital.” Kris said in a reassuring tone. “Your umma’s strong. I’m sure he’ll be okay.” He squeezed Sehun’s shoulder gently. “Now, it’s late. Let’s sleep.” Kris added when he saw Sehun yawned for the umpteenth time.

“But….” Sehun’s protest was cut short when Kris dragged him to the opposite bed from Chanyeol’s.

“We will take turn in looking after your umma, Sehuna. I’ll wake you up when I’m sleepy.” Kris explained. “Now sleep. Pray for your umma so that he will get better tomorrow.” Kris commanded and patted Sehun’s head. Then, he sat on Chanyeol’s bed, silently fixing his blanket and replace the wet towel on his forehead.

The late hour and the fatigue that invaded his system forced Kris to lay down next to Chanyeol. As much as he willed himself to stay awake, Kris couldn’t fight the sleepiness and in less than 10 minutes after 2 a.m. Kris surrendered to the darkness.

***

 

The next morning….

The rays of sunlight woke Kris from his slumber. He shifted his head in his effort to avoid the blinding light and tightened his hold of something small and warm. Once he got comfortable, he heaved a contented sigh. He frowned when the thing in his embrace shuffled lightly. Kris simply tightened his hold and the thing started to struggle. Finally, when a whimper was heard, Kris opened his eyes and looked down. Only to be greeted with a wide familiar brown orbs staring right into his eyes. In a sheer surprise, Kris released his hold and jerked backward; making himself fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Sehun, awoken by the sound opened his eyes lazily and grumpily said, “Hyung, wha…” he trailed off when he caught sight of the ‘thing’ on Chanyeol’s bed.

As in on cue, the door to Chanyeol’s room opened and in entered 6 members of exo.

“Kris, what are you doing on the floor?” Luhan asked the Chinese leader. When they got no response from the said giant, the members followed Kris’ and Sehun’s line of sight.

There, on Chanyeol’s bed, seated a boy—no older that three years old with his entire body buried in a t-shirt that they knew belonged to Chanyeol. The kid’s left shoulder was fully exposed due to the big collar of the shirt and strangely enough, the kid’s face resembled Chanyeol’s. No, not the chubby baby Chanyeol they’d seen in his wallet. This boy is much less chubbier and was a carbon copy of the present Chanyeol but 100 times more adorable.

The whole occupants of the room gaped. So many thoughts running through their head.

“Hyung-deul nuguya?” (who are you guys?) The boy asked, blinking his round eyes repeatedly.

“You… who… who are you?” Baekhyun asked the boy.

“Annyeonghaseyo~ Palk Chanyeol ‘mnida~” the boy answered brightly “I’m thee-thtee-thlee yiz ‘ol. Nais to see you~” he ended his introduction with a little bow followed by a familiar wide smile.

And then, all hell broke loose

Suho, Tao, and Baekhyun fainted.

Luhan. DO, and Xiumin cooed.

Kris and Sehun had their jaws dropped.

Kai, Lay, and Chen were… well, they were asleep.

And Chanyeol… he did nothing. Literary nothing. Well, except for blinking adorably in the middle of his bed.

.

.

.


Sooooo,

How was that? I'm so sorry that I had to add The Wu family there.

They're my life T~T

Well, as usual. Comments and critics are absolutely welcomed ^^