Krisyeol - A Poor, Sick Puppy

Our Precious Chanyeol

Krisyeol

(again, since they’re my ultimate otp and it's November, and I’m craving for Krisyeol)

 

A Poor, Sick Puppy

 

“Achoo!!”

A loud sneeze startled everyone in the dressing room. As if on cue, all heads turned to a certain sniffing giant that slumped on a sofa in the corner of the room. The said giant only offered a sheepish smile while scratching the back of his head while muttered a soft “sorry…”. When everyone returned to their respective activity, the smile dropped and replaced with a slight frown.

“Hey Yeollie, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked after he had sat down next to the baby-faced giant.

“I’m fine, Baek. Just some dust got into my nose, I think.” Chanyeol said and he flashed his signature grin to his best friend, hoping that he could convince his best friend that he’s okay.

“Okay then, I’m going to get something to drink. Want some?” The shorter male offered while standing up.

“Nope, I’m okay.” Chanyeol tried to assured his best friend and the main vocalist proceeded to leave the dressing room.

Chanyeol let out a sigh, he unconsciously massaged his right temple lightly to ease the growing headache. Unbeknownst to him, a certain blonde couldn’t avert his eyes from watching the Korean rapper. Worry apparent on the blond’s face from the way his eyebrows scrunched together and his lips that formed a thin line.

How he wished Chanyeol would just stop smiling to cover his real feeling. How he wished Chanyeol had let people to see his other sides. How he wished Chanyeol could be a little bit more selfish for the sake of his health. How he wished he hadn’t drank Chanyeol’s last bottle of vitamin when Chanyeol forced him to. How he wished Chanyeol would let the other members to fuss over him even only once. And how he wished his makeup could be done faster so he could rushed to Chanyeol side and lend him his shoulder.

 

Unfortunately though, before he could stand up from his seat to approach Chanyeol after his makeup done, their manager burst into the room and hurried them to get ready on the stage. Everyone rushed to get ready and in the corner of his eyes, he could see how Chanyeol put an extra effort to stand up from his sitting position.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kris asked when Chanyeol walked to his direction.

“I’m fine hyung.” Chanyeol said cheerfully and hopped a little while grinning “See? I’m absolutely fine.” The smile’s still there, but it didn’t reach his eyes and Kris could see through it.

“Okay. But if there’s something wrong, don’t hesitate to tell me.” Kris said and he had to restrain himself from ruffling the younger’s hair upon seeing how Chanyeol bobbed his head enthusiastically and it somehow reminded him of a puppy. A very cute puppy indeed.

 

Kris knew that Chanyeol felt unwell ever since they depart from their dorm to the broadcasting station. However, he decided to keep silent and offered a silent support to the younger rapper since he knew that Chanyeol hated to make other people worried about him. Thus, Kris would only keep an eye on him and let the younger came to him when he couldn’t stand the discomfort. He couldn’t help but to feel special every time the younger rapper would come to him in search for comfort. Sure, Chanyeol had Baekhyun as his best friend, but he would always end up looking for the older rapper and snuggle up on the sofa or on the elder’s bed.

Kris would always feel the butterflies filled his stomach every time he saw Chanyeol smiled, and he would unconsciously tightened his hold and rested his head on top of Chanyeol’s honey locks  every time he had Chanyeol snuggled up against him. Yixing and Suho once told him that he might had developed a special feeling toward the younger rapper. Kris reacted a bit too strongly to that and he decided to distance himself from the younger rapper because he didn’t want to believe that he had fallen for a boy—and to make it worse, that boy is his own bandmate. He thought he had succeeded to sort his feeling out after he avoided Chanyeol for three days. However, all his belief crumbled down on his feet when he found Chanyeol standing in front of his room with red, teary eyes and asked Kris what he had done wrong that made the elder avoided him. They ended up curled against each other on Kris’ bed after more than 30 minutes of Kris trying to stop the younger’s tears. When he had the younger in his embrace while clutching on Kris’ shirt tightly, Kris finally accepted the fact that he’s fallen for the baby-faced rapper.

 

*~*~*~*

All of the EXO members were standing in the backstage after they finished performing. They were asked to wait there because they would returned to the stage with the other idols in a little bit to end the whole performance.

The two tallest EXO member stood next to each other, with the shorter looked as if he would collapse anytime soon. Kris, knowing the state of the younger rapper currently in, decided to softly directing Chanyeol’s head to rest on his shoulder. In an instant, Chanyeol started to shuffle around in order to find the most comfortable position since his head was pounding painfully against his skull.

“I’m so tired hyung~” Chanyeol whined and his hot breath tickled Kris’ neck. Kris noticed how Chanyeol’s body temperature was unusually high today, and thus, he decided that he would take care of this giant baby once they got to the dorm.

“Shhh…. Just wait a bit longer okay. Everything will end soon, then we’ll get home and you can take a very long rest.” Kris said softly while his right hand caressing Chanyeol’s side softly.

 

Meanwhile…

“Geez… Just look at them! They should get a room.” Sehun commented when he caught sight of the two tallest members of EXO.

“I know right? We’re in a public place for God’s sake.” Luhan agreed and he let his eyes roamed around, making sure that no one outside EXO caught the two giants’ action.

“Let them be. Chanyeol doesn’t look good today. You know that he will go to Kris hyung for comfort right?” Baekhyun joined the conversation. As Luhan opened his mouth to ask about Chanyeol’s condition, a crew ushered them to the stage for the closing stage.

 

*~*~*~*

The other members finally realized that their happy virus was not in a good condition when they entered the van. Chanyeol was awfully quiet and he looked so pale with beads of perspiration appear on his forehead. He also took a seat next to Kris and rested his head on the Chinese leader’s shoulder.

“Kids, SHINee’s manager invited us for dinner. I hope you guys would behave.” Their manager said after he entered the van.

“Ummm… Hyung, could you drive us home first? Chanyeol’s sick and I think he need some rest.” Kris requested while he’s Chanyeol’s hair tenderly.

“No need hyung. Just go to the restaurant. It will be inappropriate if we make them wait.” Chanyeol said softly, almost in a whisper.

“You’re sick, Chanyeol. You should take a rest. I’ll inform SHINee’s manager that we won’t be able to make it.” Their manager said in a final tone and he fumbled to get his phone.

“Hyung, you should go. It’ll be very rude to decline their offer. I’ll take care of Chanyeol.” Kris offered.

Chanyeol detached himself from Kris and whined, “But hyung~”

“No buts. Just drop us at the dorm first and you guys can go to have a dinner.” Kris said sternly and his manager complied since that was the best solution for all.

 

Chanyeol was sound asleep when they reached the dorm that Kris had to piggy back him since he had no heart to wake up the sleeping puppy. Before the rest of the group drove off though, Baekhyun managed to stick his head from the window.

“Are you sure you can handle him hyung? He will be quite a handful when he’s burning up.” Baekhyun asked with face full of worry.

“Sure. Now, just go. And please send my apology to SHINee sunbaenim and their manager.” Kris said and then turned his body to go inside the apartment when the van drove away.

Once they got inside the apartment, Kris went to Chanyeol’s room and lied the sleeping giant on his bed. Then he went out to fetch some extra blankets and a wet towel to be put on the sleeping giant’s forehead.

 

In less than five minutes after he exited Chanyeol’s room, he heard a soft whimper and rushed to Chanyeol’s room

“Hey, hey. I’m here. Where does it hurt?” Kris asked worriedly and he wiped Chanyeol’s face with the wet towel.

“Izz cold…” Chanyeol said softly. Kris immediately put another blanket on top of Chanyeol’s body. When Chanyeol hummed in appreciation and closed his eyes, Kris decided to make chicken soup and ginger tea for him. However, before Kris got the chance to stand up, he felt a hand gripped his wrist.

“Hyung~ where’re you going?” Chanyeol whined, his voice muffled by the blanket.

“I’m going to make you some soup and ginger tea, Yeol-ah.” Kris said tenderly.

“Don’t leave me~” Chanyeol whined even more.

“But you need to eat something.”

“I don’t want to eat~ I want hyung to be here~” Chanyeol tugged at Kris’ wrist and Kris found himself to not be able to say no and proceeded to sit down on the bedside.

“What if you come with me? Thus, I can make you something to eat and you won’t be left alone.” Kris tried to bargain with the sick rapper. When Chanyeol nodded his head, Kris helped him to sit down and wrapped him in two-layered blanket. Then, both of them went to the kitchen with Kris piggy-backing Chanyeol since the latter kept on whining about not wanting to touch the cold floor.

 

Apparently, a burning Chanyeol equal to a whiny and clingy Chanyeol. Kris had to stopped cooking once in a while just to hug the sick puppy when he whined out a “Hyung~ I’m cold~”. Or he had to answer as soft and reasonable as possible when Chanyeol asked some random questions like “Hyung, why don’t we have fur like a bear to warm up our body?” or “Hyung, does the fish ever sleep?” or “Hyung, why does Baekkie so short?” and many other random questions. Other people might have lost their patience if they were put in Kris’ position right now. But not with Kris. He enjoyed every second of it.

He adored how Chanyeol looked right now. He was sitting on the kitchen stool, hugging his knees since he didn’t want to touch the cold-cold kitchen floor. His whole body was wrapped in the two-layered blanket that made him looked like a human cocoon. His milky white cheeks were tinted with the prettiest shade of pink. His hair was a mess that if anything, made him look like an innocent little boy who just wake up from his deep slumber. And those droopy eyes reminded Kris of a puppy. A cute innocent puppy that beg for attention from its master. The random questions that he uttered just emphasized the display of innocence of Park Chanyeol.

When the food was ready, another problem occurred. When Park Chanyeol was burning up, he would lost his appetite and refuse any form of food. Once, his mom had to force him to eat by threatening him that she would give one of his beloved ferret to one of his cousin. And apparently, Kris had no idea about it. So, he was quite surprised to discover that Chanyeol refused to eat. He had tried every single way to persuade the younger to eat until suddenly Chanyeol asked something that made Kris almost choked on his own saliva.

“One kiss for a spoonful soup~” Chanyeol requested with a child-like smile etched on his face.

Kris gulped loudly. He was torn between agreeing the deal or just force Chanyeol to eat. However, before he could utter a single word, he found himself nodded his head. Upon seeing that Kris agreed to his condition, Chanyeol eagerly opened his mouth. And he squeal happily when Kris gave a soft peck on his cheeks.

“Damn this sick puppy” Kris thought every time he gave Chanyeol a peck. However, after the fourth’s spoon, Kris started to like it. His beating heart had calmed down and he truly enjoyed the moment. He felt so happy every time the giant baby opened his mouth and accepted the food not to mention that he would demanded a kiss afterwards. Kris was in a bliss. If he could, he would stop the time so he could nurse the sick puppy forever.

 

It turned out that Kris’ problem didn’t stop there. A bigger challenge had awaited him in the near future. Now he had to think a way to make Chanyeol took his meds. Kris knew how Chanyeol despise meds, especially the ones in liquid form—specifically the ones with bitter taste, just like the meds in Kris’ hand right now.

Chanyeol had leaped out from the kitchen stool while whining “I don’t want it~” after he saw the bottle of medicine in Kris’ grasp. It amazed Kris how a sick person who refused to touch the cold-cold floor a while ago could move in a very fast speed upon seeing the medicine. And now, the said sick person had curled into a bundle of blankets on the sofa in the living room. Kris shook his head upon seeing Chanyeol’s childish action and proceeded to sit next to the sick puppy.

“Hey, Yeollie. You have to take the meds so that you can get better, okay.” Kris asked softly only to be replied with a determined shake of Chanyeol’s head.

“If you don’t want to take it, I won’t let you sleep on my bed.” Upon hearing this, Chanyeol looked up, showing his flushed face completed with wide teary eyes and pouty pink lips to the other giant.

“But hyung~ the meds taste yucky~ and I want to snuggle with you…” the last sentence was said in a whisper, but Kris was able to catch it anyway. Suddenly, an idea popped in his brain.

“Hey, do you want to make it taste better?” Kris asked and he was greeted with a pair of curious eyes. Without waiting for Chanyeol’s answer, Kris opened the lid of the bottle and put the whole content into his mouth. “It doesn’t taste that bad.” He thought. Then, he pulled Chanyeol’s head and pressed his lips onto Chanyeol’s soft ones. A surprised gasp was released from Chanyeol’s mouth and Kris didn’t waste the time to sneak his tongue inside the warm cavern and transferred the meds from his mouth to Chanyeols.

 

Chanyeol had successfully swallowed all the meds, but the kiss lasted a little bit longer. Chanyeol gripped Kris’s shirt and he let out a soft moan when he felt Kris’ tongue swept across the roof of his mouth. They broke the kiss when the need of air started to be an urgent matter. Both of their forehead were touching and they panted softly.

“It didn’t taste that bad, right?” Kris asked with a grin to the flustered Chanyeol. The sick boy just nodded his head and let himself to be engulfed in Kris’ embrace.

“Hyung, I love you.” Chanyeol said with a shy smile.

Kris was caught in a surprise upon hearing Chanyeol’s confession. He tightened his hold and kissed the top of Chanyeol’s head and said, “I love you too, Chanyeol.”

The two of them were sleeping, curled against each other on the sofa when the rest of the EXO members returned home.

“Awww… look at them. So cuteee~” Lay cooed when he saw the sight in front of him.

“Looks like Kris hyung managed to handle the sick giant by himself.” Baekhyun said with a fond smile and left to his room. And the rest of the EXO members decided to return to their room as well.

 

*~*~*~*

The other members were surprised upon seeing the sight in front of them the very next day. Chanyeol was cooking in the kitchen, looking much more better than yesterday while Kris was sitting on the stool, face flushed from the fever and wrapped in the blankets that were used by Chanyeol the night before.

 


 

I know, I had break my own promise, I'm so sorry that it took a very long time to update. College is crazy as .

So, how's that? Comments? Critics are absolutely welcomed as well.