4

Love worth millions

Hyuna jumped off the bus and started walking quickly towards the gates of her university. She was late. Last night her clock died on her and this morning she overslept. If it wasn’t for her aunt that thought it was weird that her niece was sleeping so late and didn’t come to her room to check if Hyuna had a free day or something, she’ll probably be still asleep. She was amazed on the speed in which she got ready for her lecture. Thankfully her professor was a nice one and he won’t say anything if she is a few minutes late. But still she didn’t want to abuse. When she saw the gates she breathed relieved and took out her phone intending to text Junhyung and ask if he was free today in the afternoon. She had a free day from the café and she didn’t have any major projects this week so she was thinking that they could spend some time together.

Because she was paying attention only to her phone she didn’t see the man heading her way until she bumped directly into him, her phone and notes flying from her hands.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry.” She apologized and kneeled to pick up her notes.

“It’s ok. It was my fault too.” He said and kneeled to help her.

At the sound of his husky voice, she looked at him for the first time, and gasped when she saw him. He was the most handsome man she saw, no, handsome wasn’t enough. He was beautiful. Despite the fact that you can’t say about men that they were beautiful, he was. From his feline-like eyes to his plump lips and aristocratic features. Everything was beautiful. She snapped out of her daze when she heard his chuckle.

“You ok?” he asked her amused. He knew perfectly well the effect he had on her.

She could feel warmth creeping on her cheeks and avoided his penetrating look. “Yes.” When she gathered all her notes she looked for her phone and let out a long sigh when she saw that it was laying in pieces.

“Oh!” he exclaimed when he saw her phone. “I’m sorry.”

She took her now disassembled phone and stood up smiling. “It’s ok.”

Before he could say something else she saw the time on his watch and freaked out. “I’m late! Damn! Sorry I have to go.” She said and ran before he could say something else.

 

 

Hyuna climbed off the bus and walked slowly towards the university. Today she wasn’t late anymore, thankfully. Last night she spoke with her sister on the phone and unfortunately she couldn’t send money until next month, which was 2 weeks away. That meant that she couldn’t buy herself another phone earlier than 2 weeks. She was already thinking to ask Hyuk to borrow her some money until her sister sent her. She didn’t necessarily need a phone for herself but she needed to be able to be contacted in case her aunt wasn’t feeling well.  Thinking about her need for a new phone made her remember the man with the feline-like eyes. It was the first time she saw such a man. Not only he was beautiful beyond words, he had that thing that made you sway towards him. Junhyung was a very handsome man, and despite the fact that she was in love with him, she never had such a powerful reaction towards him like she had yesterday when she looked into that man’s eyes.

She was so much into her thoughts that she didn’t see the man that was waiting for her until it was too late and she bumped into him.

“You really should start paying attention on where you’re going,” the same husky voice from yesterday told her.

Her head snapped up and her breath caught in when she saw the beautiful man from yesterday. She had to clear before she could say something.

“What are you doing here?” she managed to ask him without choking on her words.

“I was waiting for you,” he told her with an amused smile.

“Why?” Hyuna asked surprised.

“I had to bring you this.” He handed her the paper bag he was holding, which she only now saw. She has been too entranced by his eyes to notice something else.

“What is it?” she asked looking at the bag curious.

“Look in it and you’ll find out.”

She couldn’t contain her gasp when she looked into the bag. Inside there was a box containing the last model of smartphone. It wasn’t yet on the market yet he already obtained one. He must have a lot of money and connections. She looked at him surprised.

“I felt bad for you since your phone broke yesterday when you collided with me,” he explained.

“I can’t accept this.” She made a gesture to return the bag to him, but he pushed her hand.

“I insist.”

“But it wasn’t your fault that I broke my phone. I wasn’t looking where I was going. I could’ve bumped into a street pole with the exact outcome.” She tried to make him see reason. “Plus, my phone wasn’t nowhere near the price of this one.  I can’t accept it.” She tried again to give him the bag, but he pushed her hand one more time.

“Please, it’ll make me feel better. Plus I’ve waited for you the entire morning since I didn’t know your schedule. If you don’t take it now, I’m going to be here every day until you take it.” When he saw that she was about to protest again he added, “It’ll make you fell less reluctant if I tell you that I obtained it for free?”

She raised an eyebrow skeptical.

He sighed and began explaining. “My friend’s father has shares in the company and he gifted us with a phone each. Yesterday after I bumped into you and saw that your phone broke because of that, I called him and asked him if he could obtain another one, and this is how I got it.”

Hyuna still wasn’t convinced.

“I could give you his father name and you’ll see that he’s indeed one of the shareholders.”

Hyuna sighed. “I still can’t accept it. It’s too expensive.”

“Please, to ease my guilty conscience. If you don’t accept it, I’m not going to be able to do anything because of the guilt that it’s going to eat me alive.” He exaggerated making Hyuna laugh.

“Please!” he tried again.

Hyuna sighed. She needed a phone but she didn’t think she should accept it. He was a stranger after all.

Like reading her mind he suddenly exclaimed. “Where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Kim Heechul. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand for her to shake.

With a smile she shook his hand lightly. “Kim Hyuna. Nice to meet you too!”

A breathtaking smile appeared on his face. “We have the same surname. See, another reason why you should accept my gift.”

Hyuna giggled and shook her head amused.

“Please!” he tried again.

Hyuna sighed. “Ok,” she tried not to choke on her breath when he smiled again “on one condition.”

“What?” he asked curious.

“You’re lending it to me, until I can buy myself a new one. After that I’m giving it back.” He started to protest but she cut him off. “If you don’t accept my condition I won’t take it.”

Heechul let out a defeated sigh. “Ok, as you wish.”

“Great,” she smiled. “Can you give me your phone number so I can contact you to give it back.”

Heechul grinned “Inventive way to ask for my phone number,” he teased.

Hyuna blushed and giggled. “It’s only so I could return this to you,” she defended.

“Yeah, of course,” Heechul continued grinning. “You have my phone number inside,” he told her.

“I do?” she looked at him surprised.

He shrugged and looked at his watch. “I have to go. See you again, Hyuna.” He turned and walked away heading to the parking lot.

Hyuna looked after him amazed. What kind of man was he? He was really different of those she already met. Unique.

With an amazed smile she walked through the gates and inside the building. She saluted some of the students she knew and walked into the lecture theater. She took this class for extra credit and it was an easy one, so because of that she took a seat at the back of the theatre. Placing her bag onto the seat next to her she took out the box containing the phone out of the paper bag. Opening it she found inside a sticky note.

“I’ve wanted to ask you for a coffee too, but I didn’t think you’d agree to meet with a stranger. Still I’ll leave you my phone number on the back in hope that someday you’ll call me. If you'll ever need a friend I’ll be happy to be there.”

She read the note with a smile. She was amazed that he could read her so easily after only a few seconds of meeting. She turned the note and indeed on its back was a phone number written. With a smile she folded the note and placed it securely into her wallet.

 

 

Heechul leaned on his car and crossed his arms, watching Hyuna’s retreating back. She was different from what he expected. Hara described her as being interested in money, yet she didn’t act like that. Still if she was only interested in money he couldn’t really blame her. According to the file that Hara gave to him, when he met her the other day, this girl didn’t have an easy life. Her parents, abandoning her and her older sister, to her aunt that adopted them and worked her off to be able to raise them. Her sister, struggling in China so she could send money here to help Hyuna and her sick aunt, and the girl working and studying at the same time. He shrugged. He couldn’t let himself start feeling sorry for the girl. There were ten million dollars at stake and he couldn’t waste such an opportunity.

When he met with Hara to tell her his decision he succeeded to make her add another five million dollars at her first offer. From what he could see she was desperate enough to pay a small fortune so she could marry that guy, so he decided to get as much as he could from this. She already deposited half of the pay into his account this morning, the other half he’ll receive when Hyuna will break up with that guy. He didn’t think he’ll have a very hard time in doing this. From what he could see, the girl was already fascinated with him.

With a sigh he put on his sunglasses and climbed inside the car. He needed to go and calm Sungmin down. The blonde found Hyuna’s file into his room and demanded to know what was his business with it. If it would have been another man, he would’ve scoffed and told the man to shove his demands where the sun doesn’t shine. But it was Sungmin, and besides the fact that the man was his best friend and that he couldn’t lie to him, he had a great respect for him, so he decided to tell him the truth. Of course that Sungmin didn’t agree with what he was doing, but this was a chance that appeared once in a lifetime. After this he could finally give up dating women for money and maybe think about a serious relationship, finally.

 

 

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment to tell me what you think ^^