6

Love worth millions

A/N No proofread so if you find any mistakes sorry. Subscribe and comment^^ Enjoy!!!

 

 

Heechul spotted Hyuna as soon as he pulled his car in front of the restaurant that she told him she was. She resembled a soaked kitten right now, sitting on her luggage, hugging herself with rain falling on to her. Sighting he climbed out the car and went to the scared girl.

“Hyuna!” he called her softly.

She looked up quickly when she heard her name. With a sob she launched herself at him and hugged him tight.

“Shh… it’s ok. You’re safe.” He hugged her back.

“I was so scared. I didn’t know what to do,” she cried into his neck.

He pulled back and cupped her face. “It’s ok. Go inside the car, while I put your luggage in the trunk.”

She nodded and went to the car, climbing in. She was shaking really badly, because her clothes were wet and because of the shock as well.

“I’m ruining your car,” she told him when he climbed inside.

“That’s not important. We have to get you out of those clothes before you get pneumonia.” He looked at the sky and grimaced. It was pitch black. He was sure that a storm was coming close and he didn’t want to drive through heavy rain on these roads. “I think we should find a place to spend the night and go back to Seoul in the morning. What do you say?”

“Whatever you think it’s the best.” Hyuna shivered.

Heechul nodded and started the car, going back on the road. It’s been a few years since he’s been around here, but if he remembered well there was a small resort close by.

After a while of driving through heavy rain he found the place he was looking for. He pulled the car in front of the small building that had the reception office.

“Stay here. I’m going to see if they have free rooms.”

“Ok.”

Hyuna watched Heechul climbing out of the car and running inside the building with tears in her eyes. She couldn’t believe that someone that she barely knew risked his neck and came to look for her in this kind of weather, while her boyfriend left her alone in the middle of nowhere.  She didn’t know how to make it up to Heechul for what he did. She wiped her tears quickly when she saw him emerge from the building.

“We’re lucky. They only had one chalet free.” He told her when he got inside. He started the car and drove around looking for the chalet corresponding with the number on the key chain. He found it really quick and stopped the car in front of it.

“Here,” he handed her the keys. “Go inside, while I take our things.”

Hyuna went out of the car and ran towards the chalet. She fumbled a bit with the keys because of her shaking hands, but she managed to unlock and open the door before Heechul joined her. She felt around the wall for the light switch, finding it and turning on the light at moment Heechul walked in. He closed and locked the door, then took off his shoes.

“I’m sorry you had to drive on this kind of weather.” Hyuna took off her shoes and looked around the room.  The room wasn’t really big but it was spacious. There was a big bed on the right side of the room, a wardrobe, a Tv on the wall, a table with two chairs, a fireplace on the wall opposite the bed and a door on the left of the room, which she supposed it was the bathroom.

“It’s ok. I was getting bored inside the apartment so I’m happy that you called. Go and get out of those clothes, take a hot shower while I’ll order something to eat. You want something in particular?”

“No. I don’t have any food preferences.”

“Ok. Go and change quickly.”

Hyuna nodded and grabbed her small suitcase making her way into the bathroom.

After the door closed Heechul’s smile dropped and rubbed his face tiredly. Damn, driving through these kind of conditions was exhausting. With a sigh he took off his light jacket and threw it on one of the chairs. He made his way towards the phone and rang to the main office ordering something to eat. He wasn’t really hungry, and he was sure Hyuna wasn’t either but they needed something in their stomachs. He started making his way towards the bed when a phone started ringing. It wasn’t his, so that meant that it was Hyuna’s phone. He picked up the abandoned back pack and looked through it for the phone. When he found it he looked at the caller curiously. Hyukkie oppa. He raised an eyebrow and answered the phone.

“Hyuna, where are you? Are you ok? I’m sorry I didn’t answer,” a frantic voice could be heard in the receiver.

“It’s not Hyuna.” Heechul simply said.

“Who are you? Why are you answering Hyuna’s phone? Where is she?”

Heechul rolled his eyes. “If you’d shut up for a moment I could explain.”

“Talk.”

“My name is Heechul, and Hyuna called me to come and pick her up from a restaurant around the mountain area. Right now she’s in the bathroom taking a shower,” Heechul explained.

“Is she ok?” Hyukjae asked worried.

“Yeah, a bit soaked and scared, but she’s fine.”

“Could you please tell her to call me when she comes out of the bathroom?”

“Sure. I will”

“Heechul-ssi…” Hyukjae started

“What?”

“Thank you,” the younger man simply said.

“No problem.” After he hung up the phone a knock at the door resonated into the room. He went and opened the door letting the man that brought the food, roll the trolley inside.

“Do you need something else?” the man asked Heechul.

“No, thank you.” Heechul gave the man a tip and closed and locked the door after the man walked out. He went to the trolley and uncovered the plates. He wasn’t really hungry but he still picked up the chopsticks and ate a bit from everything. After he had enough, he grabbed one of the bottles of water and opened it, taking a big gulp. He placed the bottle on the table on his way to the bed and sat down on it, when Hyuna stepped out of the bathroom clad only in a huge t-shirt, her wet hair still covered with a towel.

“The food just came. Eat, while I take a shower. I already ate a bit,” he informed her while he grabbed his small bag. Thankfully he had enough presence to pack some changes suspecting already that he might spend the night away. He stopped suddenly before walking inside the bathroom remembering the call she received. “Someone named Hyukkie oppa called while you were in the shower. He was really worried and he asked me to tell you to call him when you go out.”

“Oh, ok. Thank you.” She gave him a smile before he walked inside the bathroom.  She grabbed her phone from the table, where Heechul placed it after he finished talking with Hyukjae and called her friend.

“Hyuna? Are you ok? What happened?” Hyukjae answered after the first ring.

“I’m fine oppa.”

“I’m really really sorry. Ji-eun turned off my phone and hid it so that’s why I didn’t answer any of your calls. God, I was so worried. Please tell me you forgive me.” He talked rapidly into the phone.

Hyuna sighed. She knew Ji-eun couldn’t stand her but she couldn’t believe that the girl could lower herself like this. “It’s ok oppa. It wasn’t your fault. I was afraid that you were mad at me and you didn’t want to talk with me.”

“Hyuna, do you have such a bad opinion about me? Even if I was mad at you do you really think I would leave you alone in this kind of situation?” Hyukjae asked annoyed.

“Sorry,” Hyuna mumbled embarrassed.

“What is that man doing there?” Hyukjae knew about Heechul since Hyuna told him and Kyuhyun everything when the man stopped by at the café Hyuna was working.

“When you didn’t answer any of my calls, I remembered that he gave me his phone number and told me to call him when I needed a friend. I was really desperate so I tried my luck and called him. Thankfully he answered and was willing to help me.”

“Are you safe with him?” Hyukjae asked worried “you barely know him.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t have any solution. And I think I’m safe. Tell me what kind of person risks his neck on this kind of weather to help a stranger?”

Hyukjae sighed “Take care, will ya?”

“I will,” she promised.

“Call me as soon as you get back to Seoul.”

“Promise.”

“Love you, and sorry again.”

Hyuna smiled “Love you too oppa,” she whispered before hanging up. She threw her phone on the bed and proceeded to take the towel off her hair. She rubbed her hair a bit, before placing the towel on one of the chairs sitting on the other one. Grabbing a pair of chopsticks she started eating a bit from each plate on the trolley.

She couldn’t believe what happened. That Junhyung left her alone. He didn’t even try to call her to see if she was safe or something. Sighting, she placed the chopsticks down and grabbed the bottle and took a small sip. She barely ate anything but right now she couldn’t digest anything. She was feeling that she will throw up even the small quantity of food she ate.

Heechul stepped out of the bathroom snapping her out of her thoughts.

“You ok?” he asked her when she jumped in the chair.

“Yeah, I was deep in thought when you got out so you’ve startled me a little.” She let her eyes wander down his body. He was clad in a pair of simple grey sweatpants and a white wifebeater. He was slim and she didn’t see any trace that he was working out his body. She didn’t really think that he would look as great as he was looking now if he developed some muscles.

“We should go to sleep. It’s been a long day for you and I’m sure you’re exhausted.”

Now that he mentioned she realized that indeed she was extremely exhausted.

“You take the bed. I’ll sleep on the floor.” He suggested and went to look for some blankets into the wardrobe.

“What? You can’t sleep on the floor, it’s too cold.” Hyuna protested. After all he went through to come and pick her up she couldn’t let him sleep on the floor. “The bed is big enough for two.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable.”  He wasn’t really ecstatic on sleeping on the floor so he hoped she was serious about her suggestion.

“It’s ok. Honestly.” Hyuna insisted. She didn’t really shared the bed with a man before. She didn’t count Hyukjae or Kyuhyun since they were like her brothers.

“If you want we can place a pillow or a blanket between us.”

Hyuna smiled at that. He was so considerate of her feelings. “No. It’s ok really.”

Heechul sighed. “Ok. Get in bed. I’ll check things around here and join you in a minute.”

Hyuna nodded and made her way towards the bed. She grabbed her phone before sliding inside the duvet and slid towards the wall, making place for Heechul.

Heechul covered the plates on the trolley before going to the door to check if he locked it. He then grabbed one of the spare blankets and spread it over the duvet. He knew it was going to get even colder during the night. He walked towards the door again to switch off the light. Blinking a few times to adjust to the darkness her took small steps until he stood next to the bed. He slid under the covers quickly and closed his eyes before whispering a small goodnight. He was more exhausted than he thought.

Hyuna watched Heechul through the darkness for some minutes. He fell asleep almost immediately which made her feel bad. She was really grateful to him. Carefully she moved over the pillows and placed a light kiss onto his cheek whispering a thank you against his ear. She moved back to her pillow and finally closed her eyes.