7

Love worth millions

 

Hyuna was staring out the window at the gloomy streets of Seoul. She was currently in Heechul’s car. He was driving her home. The drive back was relatively short. It was still raining but not as heavy as yesterday and due the bad weather the roads were empty.

Despite her initial fears last night she slept soundly. She didn’t wake until Heechul woke her and told her to wash up and change and that he already ordered breakfast. Looking at him with half opened eyes she noticed that he already changed into the clothes he wore yesterday. The breakfast passed quickly. They’ve spoke about a lot of things and she was really grateful that he didn’t ask more about her situation. When she called him yesterday and asked him to pick her up she didn’t tell him much. Only that she was stranded without any means of transportation or enough money. She knew that he was curious but he respected the fact that she didn’t want to talk.

Heechul’s ringtone snapped her out of her thoughts.

He looked at the display and saw that it was his cousin that was calling. He answered the call and put the phone on speaker.

“Hyuuuuung!” Donghae’s whiny voice resonated through the silent car.

“What?”

“Heeeeelp!”

“With what? What happened?” Heechul asked.

“It’s only your fault, you know. You should take care of this.”

“Dammit Donghae. I can’t read minds. Stop whining and tell me what it’s my fault and what happened to know about what should I take care of” Heechul was staring to get irritated.

“Jihyo, it’s here.” Donghae finally informed Heechul of what he was talking about making the older man groan. “She came at the apartment and she’s demanding to talk with you. She says that she won’t leave until she sees you. She’s drunk. Hyuuuung, she took Nemo.” Donghae whined again.

Heechul barely refrained himself from threatening his cousin with burning his plush if he didn’t stop whining. “Where’s Sungmin? Tell him to take care of her.”

“He’s sleeping.” Donghae huffed and Heechul could imagine his cousin pout when he said that. “I’ve tried waking him up, but nothing. If I didn’t know better I would think that he’s dead.”

“Don’t sit on him! You’re going to kill him!” his cousin suddenly shrieked and Heechul was glad he had his phone on speaker or else he could kiss his eardrum goodbye. He heard a big thud and a woman scream on the other side. Hyuna looked at him curious and he shook his head letting her know that she was better not knowing.

“Hyuuung.”

“Ok. I’ll be home in fifteen minutes.” Heechul informed his cousin then hung up.

He sighed and looked at Hyuna with an apologetic  expression. “Do you mind if we pass by my place first. As you heard, I have to take care of something there.”

Hyuna shook her head. “Why don’t you just let me at a subway station and I’ll manage from there. You’ve already did enough.”

“No,” Heechul protested. “After I take care of what is going on at my apartment I’ll drive you home.”

“But-“ Hyuna started but Heechul’s look stopped her from protesting.

Ten minutes later, he drove to an underground parking lot. They were in the expensive part of the city, in probably the most luxurious building she’s ever been. She grabbed her back pack and got out of the car at the same time as Heechul, following him into the elevator. She was happy that the elevator was spacious because it seemed that it was a quite long way to the 12th floor.

Heechul noticed the apprehension on her face. “You ok?”

“Yeah, it’s just that I’m not very fond of elevator rides since I’m a bit claustrophobic.”

“Oh, why didn’t you say something?”

“It’s ok. As long as it doesn’t get stuck I can ride it. And this one is spacious enough.”

“Ok, if you start feeling bad, tell me.” Hyuna nodded.

The ride soon came to a stop and they’ve both stepped out. Hyuna followed Heechul towards the door of his apartment. Stopping in front of it he took out his keys and unlocked the door. As soon as they’ve stepped in they’ve heard screams from the living room. They’ve followed the noise and stopped at the entrance.

“Hyuung,” Donghae yelled when he saw Heechul. “Thank God you came.”

The woman turned unsteadily on her feet and glared at Heechul. “You! I demand an explanation on the reason you broke up with me, because I don’t believe the crap on how you’re not good enough for me. You have an ego bigger than the Great Wall of China.”

Heechul refrained himself from groaning. “Jihyo, this is not the right time. Let’s talk about it when you’re sober.”

“I’m not drunk you bastard,” she screamed into his face then noticed Hyuna behind him. “Who’s she? Is she the reason you broke up with me? Why, because she’s younger? She’s better than me in bed or what?”

“She’s just a friend. Don’t involve her in this.” Heechul was starting to lose his patience.

“Oho… so you’re defending her. She’s definitely more than a friend.” She turned her anger towards Hyuna “Yah! Are you aware of what you did? We were supposed to get married but everything got ruined because of you!”

“I’m just a f-“ Hyuna tried to defend herself.

“Don’t talk back to me you stupid bitc-“ she tried to attack Hyuna but Heechul stepped between them and grabbed her arms.

“Enough!” he yelled annoyed. “Donghae, grab her and don’t let go of her.”

His cousin wrapped an arm around Jihyo’s waist and the other over her arms restraining her.

“Come with me.” Heechul grabbed Hyuna’s elbow and guided her towards his room. He let them inside and closed the door behind him. “I’m sorry,” he gave her an apologetic look. “I didn’t know the situation was so bad or else I wouldn’t have brought you here.”

“It’s ok. It’s not really your fault.” She shrugged and let her eyes wander around the room.

“Some would disagree with you.”

“Why? It’s not your fault that she hasn’t been able to understand that everything finished between you. Some people should learn how to let go.”

Heechul took a deep breath. “I don’t think I’ll be able to drive you home after all. I need to take care of everything here. Do you think you can call one of your friends to come and pick you up?”

“Yeah sure. Don’t worry.” She gave him a smile.

Heechul walked towards his desk and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen writing his address on it. “Here, this is the address from here and directions on how to get here. Call your friend and give it to them. I’ll tell my cousin to go down and bring your suitcase here. It’s better if you stay in here so you won’t get attacked again.”

Hyuna nodded. “Ok. Thanks.”

“Can I bring you something?” he asked before he left.

“No, thanks.”

“Ok, sorry again.” He gave her a small smile before he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Heechul stepped in to the living room where Jihyo was crying her eyes out into the couch cushion. Sungmin was definitely going to burn that.

Donghae walked to him as soon as he stepped in. “What are we going to do with her?”

“I’m going to call her brother to come and pick her up.” Taking out his car key he placed it into his cousin palm. “I need you to go downstairs and bring Hyuna’s suitcase here. She’s going to call a friend to come and pick her up.”

Donghae nodded. “Ok, but what is she doing here? Did you spend the night with her?” Donghae already knew about Hyuna, courtesy of Sungmin who thought that maybe he could talk some sense into Heechul.

“Long story, go and do what I’ve told you.”

“Hyung!”

“Not now!” Heechul hissed at his cousin.

Donghae huffed and walked out of the apartment slamming the door behind him.

 

 

 

Hyuna hung up the phone after talking with Hyukjae. He promised he’ll come and pick her up soon. She looked around Heechul’s room curious. There was a king sized bed in the middle covered in red satin sheets and flanked on each side with two nightstands, on top of each a night lamp. A huge wardrobe placed on the wall with the bed. A desk placed in front of the window, with a laptop on top of it and many other things scattered around. A huge flat screen on the wall in front of the bed, that made Hyuna raise an eyebrow. Talk about eccentric. On the same wall was a big dresser, on top of it plenty bottles which she guessed were lotions, a lot of perfume bottles and some small cases.

The bathroom door which was slightly ajar opened some more and a cat made its way into the room. Both Hyuna and the cat eyed each other curious. The cat raised her head and sniffed the air. Deciding that Hyuna didn’t represent any danger it made its way gracefully towards her.

Hyuna kneeled in front of the cat and extended her arm slowly letting the cat sniff her hand. “Hey there beautiful.” Hyuna cooed into a gentle voice.

After it finished sniffing Hyuna’s hand and taking a look at her face, appraising her, the cat pushed its head into Hyuna’s hand asking for petting.

Hyuna giggled and scratched the cat’s head. “You’re really cute, you know?”

The cat looked at her with arrogance, making Hyuna shake her head amazed. “You’re as arrogant as your master. Come here.” She stretched her arms and lifted the cat cradling it at her chest, standing up. The cat stretched into Hyuna’s arms enjoying the attention it received.

The door to the room suddenly opened startling Hyuna, yet the cat didn’t even spare a glance towards the door. A handsome brunet walked in carrying Hyuna’s suitcase. He placed the luggage next to the door before closing it.

Taking in the sight of Hyuna cradling the cat he scoffed “Unbelievable.”

“Excuse me?” Hyuna asked not understanding what he meant.

He pointed to the cat. “That cat doesn’t ever notices you if you don’t give him something to eat,” the brunet explained.

“Oh… “ Hyuna giggled. “Maybe he likes me.”

The brunet shrugged “Who knows what’s in that cats head. He ignores even Heechul.”

“What’s his name?” Hyuna scratched the cats neck.

“Heebum. And I’m Donghae, Heechul’s cousin.” Donghae held out his hand.

Hyuna shifted Heebum a bit and shook Donghae’s hand. “Hyuna, nice to meet you. How’s the situation outside?”

“No more throwing things, but she’s now hanging on to Heechul. Which reminds me, I should go and help my cousin before he gets angry and throws her out the window. You can watch Tv if you want before your friend comes and picks you up. Can I get you something?”

“No thanks.”

“Ok. Excuse me.”

Hyuna bowed her head and watched the brunet walk out and closing the door after him. She gazed at the cat in her arms and smiled. “Seems like it’s only the two of us.” She walked to the bed and sat on it leaning her back on the pillows and continued petting Heebum.

 

 

 

Heechul threw himself on the couch groaning. He had a huge headache. Jihyo just left with her brother who came to pick her up. Since her brother didn’t like Heechul much he promised that he was going to keep her away from Heechul. He hoped that the man was going to keep his word. He squeezed his eyes shut when he heard the door bell ring.

“Donghae, get that!” he yelled at his cousin who was hiding in the kitchen.

Donghae huffed and went to the door opening it to reveal two young men. He eyed briefly the tall one, then his eyes moved towards the other one. His gaze widened at the sight of the red head. He leaned one shoulder on the frame and crossed his legs, his eyes studying thoroughly the red haired. Donghae locked eyes with him, a devious smirk appearing on his face.

“Can I help you?” he purred.