Confessional Surprise

Love Potion #94: Look at me

 Confessional Surprise.


Andrea couldn’t explain what happened that day but she felt like she was the prettiest girl in the world with the way Sehun was looking at her.

She cried and was fully aware how much of a mess she looked.

It didn’t seem to matter to Sehun for he was smiling at her. It was different smile from the previous smile he had shown her.

This smile was more sincere or rather more real.

It wasn’t polite or a reflex.

For Andrea, it felt like it came truly from the heart.

At the same time, her heart was filled with her feelings for the boy.

It was hard to remind oneself of reality.

In the beginning, they only planned to meet so that Andrea could give the dancer the tea she personally made. For some unknown reason and Sehun’s insistence, she ended up going with him to his usual practice session with his friends.

Sehun was unusually cheerful that he smiled constantly.

Even during the time Andrea was still one of the girls that didn’t exist on the boy’s world, it was a rarity for him to smile so happily.

It was always for a friend and almost never to girls.

And now…

He always smiled at HER.

Andrea thought if there was something different in the drink she made for him. She recalled the ingredients as well as the instructions in making it.

There was nothing different from the past teas she had made.

NONE!

She had no idea.

The guys welcomed her when Sehun told them that she would be watching them train.

It was extremely rare for the youngest to bring a girl in their sessions.

For what the guys remembered, the only other girl Sehun brought before Andrea was a favor from another friend.

He didn’t even like the girl.

With Andrea, it looked different.

Sehun’s friends noticed the change in their friend.

During the practice, Sehun looked more serious in his routines. Normally, he goofs around with Kai since they can easily adapt to new steps in their dance choreographies.

The boy appeared to be showing off.

Lay was grinning as he observed Sehun’s unusual behavior.

Everyone noticed but didn’t make a comment about it.

They let the youngest make a move on his pace.

Sehun’s female companion seemed to be oblivious on Sehun’s affections for her. She was rather star-strucked with the whole group.

Andrea was a fan. She couldn’t help herself.

Like Andrea promised before they entered the studio, she was quiet and didn’t bother anyone. She sat on one corner and watched them.

It almost made Sehun felt bad but he tried to make up for it by occasionally looking her way and assuring her that she wasn’t disturbing them.

A thought ran across Sehun’s mind while they were having a short break. He was once again showing off that weird smile of his when he has thought of a good idea.

He approached their leader, Suho, who was in the middle of a conversation with D.O.

Andrea didn’t hear what they were talking about and just sat patiently. She was waiting for Sehun to talk to her. She wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to approach them. It seemed like she was already disturbing them.

“Having fun?”Lay’s voice made her turn her head in the opposite direction.

The handsome dancer that made her all giddy other than Sehun was smiling adorably at her.

She waved at him. “Yeah. I didn’t know that you really do work hard on your routines.”

“Hey! Most of us are not that great of a dancer like that boy of yours.”

She gasped, looking horrified.“He’s not my boy! Sehun’s my friend!” Her tone went a little high, making her voice louder in the process.

Luckily, no one on the other end of the room understood her words. Music was still playing in the background, making her conversation with Lay more private.

The shy girl glared at Lay and playfully punched him.

“Trust me on this one Missie… He’ll soon be.” He winked and left her alone to think about those words he said.

As soon as Lay left her, Sehun jogged towards her. “What was that all about?”

“Huh?” She asked dumbly.

“You were talking to Lay-hyung and at one point; it looked like he said something that upset you.”

She shook her head and smiled lightly. “It was nothing. Lay-sshi was just teasing me.”

Andrea looked at where Lay was. The dancer was smiling mischievously at her. She glared at him before assuring Sehun that she was fine.

“That’s good. Oh! And I have something to show you.” He patted her head and jogged back to his friends, who were all smiling at her.

A couple of moments later, a familiar tune played. It was from the video that Sehun showed first to her.

She was giddy with excitement.

Andrea couldn’t believe it. She was going to see it live.

A frozen smile was painted on her face as she watched every move look so y.

Every member had her in awe but it was Sehun who had her under his spell.

It felt like she was frozen in time as she watched the whole routine.

Grace and personality.

The swag.

Everything was perfect. She was so happy that as soon as the music stopped she stood up and gave Sehun a big hug.

The rest of the boys whistled at the public display. Sehun didn’t say a word and hugged back.

“You’re the best Oh Sehun.”

The training lasted for two hours and it was one of the best times of her teenage life.

The boys invited her for dinner but she declined. It would be unfair to her friends. They might think she wasted a once in a lifetime opportunity but Andrea believes that if she would spending some time with the boys, her friends should have the same chance as she does.

Sehun looked a little disappointed. She tried cheering him up with a light pinch on the cheeks.

“It’s not the end of the world Sehun-ah…”

He pouted.

She didn’t budge. Andrea shook her head. “Next time Sehun-ah… Walk me home?”

 

Sehun acted like Andrea’s boyfriend, taking good care of her as they walk home.

Somehow along the way, they held hands. Andrea couldn’t remember when they did.

His hands felt warm. She knew that she would cherish that moment.

Finally, she reached her house.

They said their awkward goodbyes.

Andrea walked to the front door of her house and once took a peek behind her.

The young dancer was still standing there, waiting for her to go inside.

He waved at her and smiled when he caught her looking back.

She blushed a bit and waved a little.

Once the front door of her house closed, the short sweet story of hers ended with a smile.

A smile that vanished upon realizing the truth…

Her little fairytale has come to an end.

 

 

Andrea started to avoid Sehun after that day.

She wanted to have some distance between for some time. She thought it was best since her feelings for him continued to grow.

In her point of view, if she really wanted to be contented being friends with the boy, at least she should learn to control her feelings.

In her current condition, it was nearly impossible.WheneverSehun comes near her, her heart races like she ran. Her cheeks were always tinted with pink or sometimes deep red.

Andrea can’t have that. It would just be plain torture for her to watch the boy she liked and do nothing about it.

Her phone rang more than usual these past few days. Some of the messages were from her friends, but most were from Sehun.

 

Good Morning! How are you this morning? Just woke up. Have a wonderful day Andrea^^

This was the first message after that special day. Andrea smiled but looked a bit sad when she had to ignore it.

 

How was your day?

 

Why aren’t you answering? Please talk to me. I’m bored ~(T_T)~

 

Are you busy? Care to chat with me?

 

Andrea?

 

The text messages just kept coming. His sweet words and concern had made Andrea feel loved and hurt at the same time. It was the reason why she stopped reading them. Reading them became a form of torture. She had to set her phone to silent mode so as avoid hearing the constant ringing.

The messages hurt her to a point that she once cried herself to sleep.

The constant stream of messages from Sehun lasted for days. When Sehun was convinced that Andrea wasn’t going to reply to any of his messages, he started to call, leaving voicemails.

“Hi Andrea!Uh… It’s me Sehun. I was just wondering if you’re busy or something… You aren’t answering my messages. If you are, sorry for disturbing you but if not… let’s chat.” He awkwardly laughed and ended the call.

 

“Andrea did I do something wrong? Please answer your phone.”

 

“Andrea-please… Don’t be like this. I’m sorry if I did…”

 

She didn’t realize how much she missed hearing his voice until she listened to the first voice mail.

Tears fell down her face like a small river. It didn’t stop for a long time.

She had been tempted to answer with each call. Andrea had a few close calls into answering them. The only thing that stopped her from doing so was a big poster on her wall saying, FRIEND ZONE.

 

 

Nothing was the same after that day. Andrea started acting odd that her friends started to be concerned.

Normally, she would greet the girls with a smile. Nowadays, she wouldn’t even look up when her friends arrive. Andrea still hangs out with them but she was acting like a silent fixture. Her friends would chat and she would just nod, rarely making any comment about the topic.

“This isn’t healthy Andrea.”Ash told Andrea one time.

“If you don’t snap out of it, I’m gonna smack real hard to snap you out of that funk your in.” Jill added with her eyes narrowing. She didn’t like what Andrea was becoming.

The young sweet girl she had grown to love needed to come back fast.

Andrea didn’t tell her friends the real reason why she suddenly stopped spending time with the young dancer. They were actually shocked when she told them that she stopped seeing the dancer because she got bored.

Of course, they didn’t believe the lie, not even for a second. It was too obvious on Andrea’s face that she has feelings for the male.

“I’m really fine guys. I’m just a little stressed out.” Andrea told them.

“Keep telling yourself that Andrea. But I know better.”Ash frowned.

“Cookies?”Inna offered. “Sweets sometimes help with heartaches.”

Andrea showed an ugly frown and starting to look irritated. “I’m not heartbroken over Sehun!”

“That’s a big fat lie. You know better than to lie to your friends.”Dani countered.

Andrea’s eyes went to the bracelet Sehun gave to her. She didn’t have the heart to take it off. It was a very precious memento.

She caught herself yearning for Sehun. That wasn’t good. She wasn’t supposed to think about him.

Her friends were making it hard for her not to think about him. They were constantly bugging her. Andrea understood that they were doing this out of concern.

 

She bit her lips and closed her eyes, trying to erase the longing from her system.

“I’m really fine.” She told them but it sounded like she was telling it to herself.

“Even though we’re not really talking that much and such, I can see that you’re not fine. Your face is like an open book. You can’t hide your feelings. We’re you’re friends…not ornaments. You have to deal with that!”Kat suddenly said, losing patience over their stubborn friend. It was the longest she had ever spoken to Andrea after a couple of months being awkward to each other.

“Kat’s right Andrea.We’re here to help. Please don’t shut us out.”Angela, Andrea’s closest friend, pleaded. She reached for Andrea’s hand and lightly squeezed in comfort.

Andrea looked at her friends and sighed.

“Fine. I’m not okay. I’m miserable and I want this pain to disappear.”She admitted as her voice cracked.

Seeing the pitiful expressions of her friends, she chuckled bitterly. “I sound melodramatic, right?”

 

She managed to survive another week, thanks to her friends.

 

But one Sunday morning…

Andrea was still resting in the comfort of her bed when loud voices woke her.

“You wake her.”

“No way in hell”

“Why does it have to be me?”

“You cooked up this plan so you should.”

It was too early. 

She groaned and burrowed deeper under her blanket. Her hand blindly reached for her phone. She thought that her friends must have played around with it.

Instead of an object, her hand touched something warm.“Please tell me that there’s no one in my room other than me.”

Camilled grinned and answered. “There’s no one in your room. You’re dreaming.”

She retracted her hand and glumly sat up. Andrea slept around 4 in the morning and her eyes were not in their best condition when she lacks sleep.

All she could see were blurry figures but she could count for a couple of people in her room.

It didn’t help that she wasn’t wearing her glasses.

“Who’s there other than you Camille?”She asked tiredly.

“All of us.”This time it was Angela who answered.

Andrea whined and covered herself with her blanket. “Please go away. I want to sleep in peace. It’s Sunday for goodness sakes!”

Someone from the group yanked her blanket and she couldn’t reach for it in time.

“No. You’re going out today and have fun. I won’t take no for an answer dear.” Dani told her.

She tucked herself into a ball and buried her face on her knees. “Guys! I’m in the mood to go out.”

Jill crossed her arms and smirked.“You’re no match with five of us. Let’s do all the work and we promise you, you’re not going to regret going out with us today.”

“Come on Andrea, it would be fun!” Ash added.

Innah looked at her watch. “Girls if we want to make it in time, we should get her ready within 15 minutes.”

“It’s like 6:30 in the morning!”

“Actually, it’s almost 8.”Kat answered Andrea.

“There’s no time! Come on chop chop!” Ash clapped once and motioned for the others to move.

Dani and Innah approached the bed and pulled Andrea in a sitting position.

They both looked at her critically. “We need to get the swelling down.”

“Cold spoon would solve that.” Jill told them while she and the other girls ransacked their friend’s closet.

Andrea was still out of it. The talking was all gibberish to her She wished that they all go away.

All she wanted was some peace and quiet.

 

It took more than 15 minutes for Andrea to get ready.

They had a hard time when it came to forcing their friend to take a bath. Thanks to Kat and Camille with a threat of stripping her and bathe her themselves got her moving.

The make-up was done by Jill and Dani while Innah and Ash picked the clothes Andrea would be wearing today including the accessories.

The rest of the girls without any role took over her bed and enjoyed its comforts.

In a dress and comfortable sandals, Andrea looked pretty nice. Of course, she still wore that red leather bracelet Sehun gave her.

She couldn’t let go of it. It was too valuable.

Andrea crossed her arms and looked at her friends who were grinning at her.

“What now?”

She was still clueless why they went all the trouble of dressing her up.

“Now, we’ll deliver you to your surprise.”Angela smiled at her with a strip of black cloth in hand.

She started taking a few steps back, deciding that she didn’t like whatever her friends are thinking.

“Oh no you don’t!”Kat and Camille were smiling devilishly, and effectively blocking her only way out of the room.

“Close your eyes.”Dani told her.

She glared at them but complied. “You guys are so going to pay for this if I don’t like it.”

The strip covered her eyes and she felt the knot being tightened.

Complete black filled her vision. Andrea had to hold on to the nearest person.  

They giggled. Someone patted her on the shoulder.

“Don’t you worry. I promise you today will be the highlight of your life.”It was Innah.

She warned. “You guys are going to regret making me dress up on a Sunday morning if it isn’t.”

“Cross our hearts and hope to die Andrea… You’re going to thank us.”Jill added.

“Hey! Don’t include me with the cross ‘our’hearts thing.”Camille protested. “I’m too young to die.”

Andrea chuckled and shook her head. “Let’s just get over this. I want to spend the rest of my day in peace.”

“Andrea delivery coming up!”

 

She was pushed to a car. Andrea guessed that it was Camille’s car since she’s the only one among the group who has a driver’s license.

Being blindfolded made Andrea more sensitive to her surroundings. It also made the trip feel longer.

During the trip, she heard her friends whispering about a certain ‘he’. No names were mentioned but something in her gut told her that she knew who it was. It was denial that kept her going to that conclusion.

It felt like forever when the car stopped. The doors opened and she got a whiff of salt and breeze that might have been coming from the sea. Then, she heard the girls going out of the car.

“Hey! What about me?”

No one answered her.

She called all of her friends’ names but no one came for her. They left the door open and it was getting cold.

Minutes passed before she heard someone approaching. It was definitely not her friends since the scent was different. Andrea was sure it was male’s. His cologne was familiar to her but she couldn’t pinpoint where exactly she smelled it before.

He felt his hand grabbing hers and pulled. Andrea stumbled out of the car and yelped.

“Careful please. Blindfolded girl here!”

He didn’t apologize.

She pulled to get away but he didn’t let go. Instead, he tightened his grip.

They walked some more until the guy holding her hand stopped. She hit his back and almost lost her balance. It was a good thing that this guy was holding her.

The blindfold came off and Andrea had to adjust at the sudden change of light. She blinked a few times and an expression of shock, surprise and guilt formed on her face.

“You.”

A grinning Sehun stood in front of her and he was holding her hand. It was the very same hand where she put the bracelet on.

Andrea attempted to pull away again but Sehun was keeping his grip secure.

“Sehun! Let me go!”

“No way.” He shook his head. “Not when you’re avoiding me.”

“I’m not avoiding you.”

“She is.”Kat replied out of nowhere, earning her a glare from their friend.

Andrea didn’t notice that she and Sehun had an audience. Not only were her friends present but also his as well.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Lay waving at her.

“See…”

Andrea blushed deep red in embarrassment at being caught in her lie.“So what if I lied?” She challenged.

Sehun playfully thought about it before moving his face closer to hers.“I would be very annoyed because…”

He paused for a moment.

“I like you Andrea.”

In front of their friends, Sehun told her.  

Full of confidence, the boy admitted his feeling for her.

Those words were like something that she would hear in her dreams.

Was she asleep? Dreaming about Sehun confessing his attraction to her?

“I mean I really like you.”He repeated the words that she thought would never be said.

“You’re joking.”She said.

Sehun chuckled.

“Does the thought of me liking you hard to believe?”

She nodded dumbly.

“Andrea! OMG!!!”Ash squealed.

“That can’t be! The potion in that tea could only last for hours! ”Andrea mumbled to herself.

Sehun heard her.

“Potion? You mean that tea you made last time? ”He scrunched his nose. “I don’t know what you put in there but it tasted really bad. I think you put black tea leaves in it to taste that bitter.”

“Bitter?”Andrea couldn’t help but tilt her head slightly to the side as her mind started playing a memory.

It only tastes bitter once love blooms.

“You really like me for real?” She asked, still in utter disbelief.

The dancer rolled his eyes and kissed her lightly. “Does that answer your question?”

Howls and cheers were heard from their friends at the kiss. Everyone was enjoying the scene in front of them.

“Andrea… I’ve started to like you ever since that night when you told me that I was endearing even with such an embarrassing moment.”He told her sincerely.

“Do you perhaps like me too?” Sehun asked.

The cheering crowd went silent. Like Sehun, they wanted to hear her answer as well.

This earned Sehun with a smack on the head with her free hand.

“Stupid.” Andrea pouted. “Why do you think I avoided you? I thought you only treated me as a friend and that my feelings would never be returned. I like you Oh Sehun. Don’t ever forget that.”

The shocked look on his face was wiped away when he heard the magic words of ‘I LIKE YOU’.

That boyish grin once again decorated his lips and stole another kiss on the lips.

“You’re officially mine.”He wrapped his arms around her and looked at Lay.

“Lay-ge. Don’t you dare steal her from me…”

Their Chinese friend laughed loudly and nodded his head. “As if I had a chance.”

 

“Andrea!!!!”Angela rushed to her friend as soon as the couple broke apart. She was jumping in joy as she hugged her friend tight.

Andrea joined her, laughing at how silly they were.

The rest of the girls also said their congratulations.

“Thanks. ” She said, feeling like she was floating.

She looked at Sehun for a moment and caught her looking back. He was being teased and congratulated by hi friends as well. Andrea smiled.

When the cheering died down, Jill was grinning at Andrea and looked at her friends.“Well… you guys were wondering who my informant was, right?”

 

The girls nodded. It was still a mystery for them who this guy was. All they know was that he was part of the group Sehun was in.

 

“To tell you the truth. It should have been a dead giveaway who it is.”

 

Angela tapped Andrea and asked with her eyes. Andrea shrugged.

 

Jill stepped away from her friends and approached Sehun’s group.

Even they were clueless who it was except for the last person Andrea would have suspected.

 

Sehun smiled at Jill when she messed his hair. “I think I owe you for setting me up with my girlfriend.”

 

“Surprise!”Jill hooked her arm over Sehun’s shoulders and presented him to everyone.

 


To tell you honestly, I managed to finish this within 2-3 days! 

That's a record for me^^

Well... like the usual ... I changed my mind again^^ Next chapter would be the last part!

Yey! Too soon? Don't worry. There will be a sequel starring our oddball, Camille.

FUN FACT:

Camille doesn't have a driver's license...(I think^^)

Originally, Kyungsoo was the informant and was going to be paired with Kai

But my good friend, Jill protested and suggested Sehun.

Was she right that Sehun was a good twist at the end?

 

Tell me your thoughts guys!!!

Practioners of Witchcraft... what do you think?

BTW... it was my birthday last Jan.4 <3