Tea for a date #2

Love Potion #94: Look at me

Tea for a date #2


A large number of the student body watched Sehun and Andrea walked together side by side.

 

Andrea tried her best to ignore the curious stares and concentrated on Sehun.

 

She still had her hands tightly gripping her bag strap. She was nervous as hell. Deep inside she wanted to jump, giggling like a

crazy fool. Who wouldn’t? It was Sehun they were talking about. The one guys she had desperately wanted to notice her.

 

They were only a couple of minutes away from Andrea’s school when Sehun spoke to her.

 

“Are you hungry?” Sehun looked at her direction.  

 

She looked at him. “Huh?”Andrea was living in her own little world when he asked.

 

Sehun didn’t seem to notice it and repeated his question.

 

Andrea smiled and shook her head. “Not really.”

 

“How about a drink?”

 

She shook her head once more. Andrea was too focused that Sehun was talking to her, making her all too quiet.

 

She kept her eyes concentrated on the ground that she didn’t notice the rainbow-haired boy stopping and reaching for her wrist.

 

Andrea gasped when a strong tug of her wrist sent her unbalanced. She wobbled and sent herself falling on her back.

 

 

All he wanted to do was help this girl with him to be comfortable. He had noticed how uncomfortable the girl felt around him.

 

She was also avoiding his gaze and he didn’t like it for some reason. He wrapped his hand around his wrist and pulled just enough to get her attention.

 

He didn’t expect for her to lose her balance.

 

Sehun moved quickly and caught her before she could injure herself.

 

“Ouch.”The male student winced. The girl was stepping on his foot.

 

He had his arms around Andrea’s waist while her hands were trapped between their chests.

 

Andrea was a couple of inches smaller than him. Sehun could smell a hint of shampoo on her hair.

 

“I’m sorry.”She scrambled away from the boy and apologized profusely. She bent waist deep, bowing to the male.

 

Her cheeks were flushed. Her mind was reeling to the fact that she was that close to Sehun.

 

Angels help her.

 

“It was my fault. I didn’t mean to startle you.”The dancer assured her. “You looked uncomfortable and I was…” He sighed.

 

“Nevermind. Let’s go get that gift.”

 

Sehun walked ahead, giving Andrea the distance she needed.

 

“Oh! A music store!”They stopped by an instruments store.

 

The shop was small. The walls were mounted with different kind of instruments, mostly the stringed ones. There were different assortments from classical ones like the violin to the more modern ones like the guitar that caught Sehun’s attention.

 

 Sehun grabbed the instrument and showed it to her.“How about a guitar?”

 

“Lay plays the guitar?”Andrea looked at him astonished. She never thought Lay was also talented with his hands.

 

If she wasn’t already head over heels for Sehun, she might go for him.

 

He absentmindedly nodded as he strummed the instrument. “Yeah. He and Chanyeol hyung play together sometimes.”

 

“Ah… but don’t you think that a guitar is a bit too expensive?”She took the expensive piece from Sehun’s hand and carefully placed it where it once was. “You can buy something smaller and cheaper, perhaps?”

 

Andrea almost fainted at the cost of the guitar Sehun picked.

 

“Hmmm…”Sehun looked a little deflated and thought quietly. While doing so, he looked around the store.

 

There was an acoustic song playing on the background. That was a rare thing in music stores. Most of the time, shops like these preferred rock music rather than acoustic or blues.

 

“How about a guitar pick? ”

 

Andrea looked up from the small musical trinkets the store offered and smiled at him. “That’s better. You should have it customized. ”

 

They asked the manager about the customized picks. Luckily, the shop offers such service. It was costly but still cheaper compared to a guitar.

 

Sehun paid for the pick. He pulled out a card from his wallet and requested to have it printed on the pick.

 

It was a drawing of a wolf. Andrea gave him a questioning look when he turned to face her.

 

“The group’s team symbol. We’re kind of like a pack.” He explained sheepishly. “Chanyeol thought it was a good idea and we just went along with it.”

 

“That’s kind of…cute.”

 

Sehun pouted a bit and paid for the pick. He stuffed the claiming stub. “It’s not supposed to be cute.”

 

Andrea apologized with a shrug. She can’t help but adore Sehun’s close friendship with his group. It’s like her with her friends.

 

The manager asked them to wait for an hour to claim the gift for Lay.

 

 

“We have an hour to spare. What do you think we should do?”

 

The dancer didn’t let the girl speak when an idea sprang in his head.

 

“I know!” He grabbed Andrea’s hand with a cheerful glint on his eyes. “As a thank you, we’re going to get something for you.”

 

“That’s not necessary!”Andrea shook her head.

 

Sehun wouldn’t budge and looked her seriously.

 

“My treat Andrea. You can’t say no.”

 

Andrea was silent. Sehun said her name for the first and it had her speechless.

 

Just like before, she couldn’t say no.

 

He practically beamed and brought her to a trinket shop.

 

At first, Andrea was reluctant to express her opinion on every item Sehun showed to her until…

 

“How about this?” Andrea turned around and laughed out loud when he saw Sehun wearing a cute furry cat ears headband.

 

“You look like a cat.”She bit her lips, trying not to laugh so hard. “It doesn’t suit you.”

 

Her words were a lie. Sehun looked adorable but she refrained from saying it out loud. It might bruise the dancer’s ego.

 

Her uneasiness disappeared.

 

She spotted a thin red leather bracelet that suited her taste. It was simple, just like her.

 

Sehun saw her interest on the bracelet and bought it for his companion.

 

“Here. Let me put it on for you.”He carefully put it on Andrea’s wrist, who treasured the moment silently. Inside, she wanted to scream.

 

This day was far the best day of her life.

 

A smile was plastered on her face as she looked at Sehun gratefully. Unfortunately that moment with Sehun was interrupted by the last guy she expected to see.

 

Behind Sehun was the owner of the Memoire Shop.

 

Luhan.

 

Her smile became stiff. It took a moment longer for the dancer to notice the change.

 

He followed her frozen gaze and turned his back. Sehun looked back at her.

 

“Who’s he?”Sehun asked.

 

She turned around to be surprised by Luhan’s presence. The shop owner was wearing a pastel blue shirt and white shorts that ended above his knees. He wore a black fedora hat and paired it with a leather bracelet.

 

Luhan waved at Andrea cheerfully.

 

The young female didn’t know what to say.

 

“He’s a…”

 

Before she could fully explain, Luhan walked pass Sehun and hooked his arm over her shoulder. He grinned at Sehun. “Hi! I’m Luhan. We met last week when she was shopping.”

 

Andrea discreetly pinched Luhan while keeping her eyes on Sehun. The beautiful male didn’t seem to feel it and kept smiling on the wary Sehun.

 

“He’s a shop owner.”Andrea explained and removed Luhan’s arm over her shoulder.

 

Sehun raised a brow.

 

“Is there something going on with you two?”

 

Andrea was horrified that Sehun jumped into that conclusion. Her eyes reflected her horror and waved her hands frantically. “No! I mean-I” She couldn’t find the right words to say.

 

Luhan chuckled and playfully pinched Andrea’s cheeks before stealing a kiss.

 

Her eyes widened with her mind slowly shutting down in shock.

 

“What do you think?” His tone sounded like a challenge in which Sehun accepted.

 

The dancer smirked and gently pulled Andrea to his side.

 

The girl didn’t have time to react. She let Sehun bring her over to his side.

 

“Doesn’t matter. Andrea’s here with me so if you’ll excuse us.” He had one arm wrapped around Andrea’s back and started to lead the girl away from Luhan when the guy stopped them.

 

“Wait! I need to talk to her for a sec~”Luhan reached out and grabbed for her free hand.

 

Andrea didn’t know how it ended up like this. She was totally confused and flustered at the same time.

 

These were two gorgeous males.

 

They were KIND of fighting over her.

 

Was she in some kind of KOREAN drama?!

 

She could feel the heat creeping up her face.

 

Andrea looked back at Luhan before returning her gaze on Sehun.“It’s fine.”She assured the male.

 

She didn’t know why Luhan came all the way here to talk to her. And how did he know that she was here?

 

Only he would know the answer.

 

Andrea moved a bit closer to Luhan and whispered. “What is it?”

 

“The potion worked?”

 

Her brows furrowed as her tone became alarmed. “What do you mean by that? Don’t tell me you gave me an untested sample!” It was a harsh whisper that Sehun couldn’t hear.

 

The male was waiting patiently to finish their conversation.

 

Luhan smiled guiltily. “Blame my cousin. She likes to dabble with potions and she accidentally added yours to the mix.”

 

Andrea was about to lose it but Luhan managed to appease her. “Don’t worry! She assured me that the potion I gave you is safe and has no side effects.”

 

She glared at him and pulled his tie for scaring her. “Good. Is that all?”

 

He shook her head and leaned closer. Andrea’s brow arched and leaned her head away from Luhan. It earned her a chuckle before Luhan tricked her once again.

 

“Gotcha!”Luhan stole another kiss on the cheek and ran away.

 

“LUHAN!!!!” She screamed, disturbing the other customers of the shop.

 

 Sehun approached her slowly afraid of her wrath. It was his first time seeing Andrea like this.

 

It doesn’t suit the her.

 

“Calm down Andrea. He’s not worth it.”

 

She was huffing and close to stomping her feet like a child. Thanks to Sehun’s words, she managed to gain control of herself. She used his voice as an anchor and took deep breaths until she could face her companion.

 

When she calmed down completely, she returned to the shy girl she usually was.

 

“Sorry about that.”

 

Sehun chuckled and patted her shoulder. “Nothing to be sorry about. We still have time before the hour is up. Shall we grab a drink? MILK TEA?”

 

Andrea laughed and shook her head in disbelief. “You’re a milk tea monster!”

 

He blushed a bit for his unusual obsession with the drink. “If you keep that up, I’ll…I’ll… nevermind.” He gave up. He didn’t have a good comeback for that. It was the truth and it would be a complete crap to say otherwise.

 

 

Once the hour was up, Andrea and Sehun had their fill of milk tea and claimed the gift for Lay.

 

Sehun was a complete gentleman to Andrea and escorted her home. During the whole trip, they talked about random things like taste in music, upcoming events that they planned on attending and anything they could think about.

 

The laughter and jokes made the trip feel like a breeze.

 

Andrea was a bit disappointed when they finally arrived at her house.

 

“So… here we are.” Sehun stopped in front of Andrea’s house. His lips tilted up slightly that his smile was almost nonexistent.

 

“Thank you.”Andrea was smiling brightly for she had enjoyed the whole trip even with the weird owner of the Memoire shop barged in.

 

“You’re welcome. I just hope you had fun because I did.”

 

This earned him a laugh from Andrea and a playful slap. Andrea had grown a bit comfortable with Sehun’s presence. She nodded and began looking at her foot.

 

“You know this looks like a date.”Her tone was light.

 

Sehun bit his lower lip as if trying to get embarrassed by admitting…

 

“Would it be bad if it was?”

 

His statement caught Andrea by surprise.

 

“Why are you doing this?”She asked.

 

He shrugged hooked his thumbs inside his pocket looking nonchalant. “I don’t know. Somehow, I can’t help myself. I feel that I should pay attention to you.”

 

Her heart skipped a beat and sank at the same time.

 

It was like a splash of cold water on her face.

 

Andrea almost forgot that he was influenced by THAT man’s potion.

 

Because of that one little potion, Sehun noticed her.

 

Just because of that…

 

Her once bright smile formed into a thin line. It took a lot of mental scolding to force her not to frown. If Sehun saw it, he would ask questions.

 

Questions she couldn’t answer.

 

She reminded herself that the she only wanted the boy to notice her. Just once. That was the deal. She shouldn’t be greedy.

 

She got her wish.

 

“Ah… I see. Thanks again for bringing me home.”

 

Sehun smiled. “No problem.”

 

That same moment, Andrea saw how the potion wore off from Sehun.

 

It was like a snap of her fingers, the day she spent with him felt like a dream she just conjured.

 

He blinked and his relaxed composure became tense.

 

“Okay, then. Goodnight.” He told her stiffly and left.

 

Andrea didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to him properly.

 

The truth scared her.

 

Sehun was there because of the potion she had been feeding him.

 

She watched his retreating figured and sighed when he turned to a corner.

 

Andrea’s posture drooped as she entered her home.

 

Her parents in the living room greeted her as soon as they saw her.

 

She waved weakly at them and went to her room.

 

Andrea changed her clothes and checked her phone for messages. There were a couple from Ash and Angela demanding if the rumors were true about her being spotted with her OH SEHUN.

 

She replied that it was just a small errand favor.

 

Then, she checked the last message and wasn’t surprised about who it was from.

FROM: Jillie

Baby girl! How was your hot date with Sehun? Did you kiss? Was it hot?!

 

Of course, leave it to Jill to ask the questions.

 

Leave it to the networking queen to know about date with the male.

 

She replied to her friend.

It was nice I guess. We didn’t kiss by the way. Someone else did.

 

FROM: Jillie

                Spill!

 

Andrea was too tired to reply back and fell asleep.

 

The next day, she received a message from an unknown number. It was sent during the wee hours of the morning.

 

I’m not sure whether this is the right number but hyung said this was it so… thanks for a wonderful day yesterday. I had a lot of fun. Don’t worry, you’re a great companion.

We should do it again next time 

Hope you have a nice day.

Sehun aka.“milk tea monster”

 

Andrea stared at her phone for whole 10-minutes, processing the whole message until it was branded into her brain.

 

Like some crazed person, she started squealing, jumping and laughing. She couldn’t stop her emotions from spilling.

 

Sehun just sent her a text!

 

With an adorable smiley!!!

 

For the whole day, she had forgotten about love potions and thought of his message the whole day.

 

 


Just a little bit more~ TWO more to go!Thanks for waiting^^

I'm not really sure about what to say about this...Some of my friends demanding a quick update and I'm not really good with deadlines -_-

But with the plans for this series... I have to be^^

 

FUN FACT:

Something must have possessed me but I unintentionally put 'TAO' as a minor character.He doesn't have a dialogue but he's mentioned^^

Found it? 

Good for you^^ I didn't even notice it until a friend of mine pointed it out.

I must be losing sleep...lol