OH.SE.HUN

Love Potion #94: Look at me

OH.SE.HUN


 

All that time, Andrea forgot about her friends. As soon as Lay left, her friends came rushing to her.

 

“Oh my goodness! Who was that fine piece of ?!” Jill exclaimed excitedly.

 

“I cannot believe you were holding out on us Andrea! I thought we were friends.” Ash teased.

 

Andrea was quiet for a second before she laughed at her friends reactions. She was also surprised at her encounter with a cute guy.

 

She looked at her friends who were waiting for her to spill it. She waited another second before she indulged them.

 

“I’m not really sure. I think his friend called him Lay.”She smiled when she remembered his genuine concern for her. “He was really nice.”

 

“Does this mean you’ll move on from Sehun and go for this guy instead?”Camille asked reluctantly.

 

“Lay? No. He’s like a very cool brother.”Andrea clarified.

 

Camille’s expression turned to hopeful. “Good. So… he’s mine.”

 

All their friends looked at Camille as if she had grown another head.

 

“What?”She cocked a brow. “He looks hot and as you said, he was nice.”

 

“I thought Jinki is the only one for you?”Inna quoted Camille’s longtime crush with her fingers.

 

“Jinki will always be the first but it doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to like someone else other than him.” She huffed at Inna.

 

They all laughed at her and soon, she joined in as well.

 

 

The following week was a hectic time for Andrea. She didn’t get to see the boys. She was buried with school work.

 

Jill was kind enough to update them on the boys’ activities. Apparently, her friend was close with the group. She didn’t tell us who it was. She liked to keep the identity of our little spy a secret.

 

“Looks like they’re gonna hang out somewhere near the park. They’re finishing up with their final rehearsal for the upcoming competition going to be held after next week.”Jill told them while furiously typing on her phone.

 

The girls were hanging out in Andrea’s house to celebrate the end of their suffering. They just finished up with their hellish week and most of them have eye bags that could contend with their classmate, Tao.

 

Some of them like the shortest ones, Inna and Ash, were sound asleep on the couch. Dani wasn’t with them since she had a last minute thing going on.

 

Originally, they wanted to watch a horror movie but most of them were too tired and ended up lazing around.

 

Andrea sat beside her sleeping friends, holding a plat full of oatmeal and chocolate cookies.

 

“I’m really intrigued who’s your informant. I want to thank him for the information.” She chuckled.

 

Jill plopped in front of her. She winked at her and shook her head. “Sorry girl. I’m not allowed to say. He’ll kick my or one of you will.”

 

“Does this mean we’ll go there?”Angela sat beside Jill and took a cookie out of Andrea’s plate. She asked her friend, Andrea.

 

“I’m not sure Angela. A lot of girls might be there. I don’t want the last incident to happen again.” Andrea shivered at the memory.

 

A smile formed on Jill’s lips.“You’re in luck. The whole thing is hush-hush. No one knows except me and you guys.”

 

“Unbelievable.” Camille came out of nowhere and sat beside Andrea.

 

Andrea choked on her cookie. “Don’t tell me your friend is part of Sehun’s group.”

 

Jill nodded absentmindedly, her eyes was still on her phone.

 

“Wow. Seriously Jill I don’t know how you have a great network of people.”

 

“You know me. I’m so charming that no one could resist me.”She fluttered her eyes cutely and the rest of the girls threw crumbs at her, laughing.

 

“Hey! Watch it.”She laughed and dodged miserably. Her shirt was spattered with crumbs that would be a to wash off.

 

“Hey Andrea, are you still set on catching Sehun’s attention?”

 

Andrea sighed. There was still plenty of potion left that she got but she wasn’t sure if she would use it. After last week’s failure, she had lost confidence.“I just don’t want to fail again.”

 

“This is not the friend I know who faces challenges with a smile. You have to start believing in yourself. One failure doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world.”

 

“You guys are the best. Ok. I’ll try one more time.”

 

 

The whole gang met on the park where the boys will be at. Everyone took special care of their appearance.

 

It might be a vain approach but they were meeting those handsome looking guys for goodness sakes! They didn’t want to be remembered as the girl who looked like a mess.

 

Just as their mysterious informant told them, thanks to Jill’s amazing network of people, all 6 members were there. Andrea knew all of their names.

 

Kyungsoo looked like a nerd with his sweater, black jeans and fake glasses. The glasses made his eyes looked bigger. He was adorable.

 

Suho was in a light blue collared shirt with a black jacket paired with plaid shoes. Just like always, he looked neat and proper.

 

Chanyeol was sticking out like a sore thumb since he was the tallest among the group.  Despite being one of the youngest, he had outgrown the rest of the group.

 

Jongin or better known as Kai by the rest of the female population had opted to turn his hair blonde. It was a nice change from the usual dark color.

 

There was Ash’s not-so-secret crush, Baekhyun, who was taking a break. He was also blonde like Kai but instead of the playboy image that Kai has from the same hair color, he looked younger. He was like a little boy.

 

Behind Andrea, she could hear Ash gushing about it. She almost rolled her eyes until those same eyes landed on dear old Sehun.

 

She was surprised to see Sehun with a different hair color. Just last month, his hair was rainbow colored. This time it was pale pink. It was such a girly color but surprisingly, it really suited Sehun.

 

The whole group was practicing under a bridge that was cool enough during the hot weather and popular among dance crews.

 

She unconsciously sighed at the sight of him. His face was etched in her mind, making her giddy.

 

Andrea made a mental check. In her bag was a thermos filled with cold milk tea that she specially made. It was a special blend with a hint of that special potion back from the mysterious shop. She also had a backup cookie just in case the same thing happens with the milk tea.

 

She smiled to herself. Things were going to be different this time, she thought.

 

“Missy!”

 

Andrea raised a brow and turned to the direction of the voice.

 

“Lay?”She didn’t expect to see him there. Her voice went up a pitch higher than usual. Andrea might not have a crush on Lay but she appreciates a good-looking male when she sees one.

 

Lay smiled and jogged towards her.

 

Her heart skipped a beat.

 

“Missy! You’re looking great today!” Lay reached for her and pulled her into a hug. They weren’t even close but Lay didn’t seem to care.

 

Andrea blushed.

 

That was when she realized that all eyes were on her. Sehun’s eyes were directed at her.

 

She blushed harder. She could imagine that her skin could be compared to a tomato.

 

“Lay, Who’s your dear friend?” Kai approached them and the blonde dancer beamed at her.

 

Lay released her and turned to his friend. He scratched the back of his neck. “Well…” He started and smiled sheepishly. He never managed to know her name.

 

Andrea saw him looking at her as if asking for help.

 

“Her name’s Andrea.”Jill supplied.

 

Andrea almost forgot that she was with her friends. She looked at them and mouthed an apology.

 

The rest of the girls smiled at her. They knew the feeling. Camille looked a little jealous.

 

Who wouldn’t? Lay just hugged her.

 

“And you are?” Kai asked.

 

Being her usual confident self, Jill did the introductions. “I’m Jill and these are my friends; Angela, Camille, Inna, Ash, and Dani.”

 

They all waved at him. Kai was quite friendly and took his time interacting with them.

 

Angela and Inna looked so happy seeing the dancer up close.

 

“Hey Jongin! What are you doing?! We’re practicing not picking up girls.”Chanyeol shouted, scolding him.

 

Kai had the nerve to look proud of it. “They’re all pretty what do you want me to do?! Plus, they’re Lay’s girls.”

 

It sounded wrong but there was some kind of truth in it.

 

The Lay and the girls laughed.

 

“I didn’t know you could dance?”

 

Lay laughed. “Well… we just met and you didn’t notice me coming out of the studio last time.”Andrea laughed at herself. “I’m an exchange student from China and I just joined these guys.” He pointed to Sehun’s group. “They’re very cool. They let me join and helped me with my own choreography.”

 

“He’s really talented.”Kai added.

 

The Chinese student shook his head and playfully knocked on Kai’s head. “You’re not supposed to in someone else’s conversation.”

 

“You’re taking too long in making a move on her!”He answered back.

 

Andrea was caught off-guard and gasped. “That’s impossible Kai-sshi. I think Lay is just a nice guy.”

 

Lay rolled his eyes. “Andrea is like a little sister. She’s nice and feels like family.”

 

Kai didn’t seem to believe him.

 

After answering Kai, Lay turned his attention back to his new friend.

 

“So Missy what are you doing here?”

 

That was when Andrea had reverted to her usual shy self.

 

“Uhm… I…I…” She clumsily pushed her glasses back to the bridge of her nose. Andrea couldn’t say the words aloud. The words were all jumbled up in her brain. She was really scared and nervous.

 

One of her friends, Inna helped her get the words out by telling it herself. “She wants to give something to your friend, OH.SE.HUN.”

 

Lay blinked and a big smile rose to his lips as he completely understood the situation.

 

Kai simply jumped happily and laughed.

 

“I wish you the best of luck missy.”He whispered to Andrea.

 

Lay turned around and called out. “Hey Oh Sehun! A pretty girl wants to give something to you.”

 

All members of the group looked in their direction. The guys all teased Sehun who looked at them blankly. He was being his usual self.

 

Sehun jogged towards them and stopped in front of Andrea.

 

“For you.” Andrea nervously gave Sehun the thermos filled with milk tea and the homemade cookie she made only for him. “I heard you like milk tea and there’s a cookie in case you get hungry. I made them myself.”

 

While saying this, she was blushing madly. She couldn’t see straight and kept her eyes elsewhere. Andrea couldn’t look at Oh Sehun straight in the eye. She feared that if she did, she make a fool of herself or worse… faint.

 

For a moment, Sehun didn’t speak. He just looked at the shy girl in front of him.

 

Numerous girls have approached him like this but he felt her sincerity. Most girls bought things for him while this one made them just for him.

 

He was a little flattered and couldn’t help but blush a bit. “Thank you.”

 

The girl, Andrea nodded and smiled at floor. “You’re welcome.”

 

Sehun almost didn’t hear the words. “You know… you should at least look at the person you’re talking to.”

 

She mentally grimaced. Her heart was beating wildly as if it was going to burst out of her chest.

 

Slowly, she complied with the boy’s request and looked at him.

 

The slightly rosy cheeks of the boy she liked made her heart flutter. It was a small consolation that she had some kind of effect on him.

 

And then her eyes looked straight to his. Those eyes that seemed to pierce straight to her, made her step back.

 

She was falling madly in love.

 

It was foolish but nothing could stop her heart from doing so.

 


What do you think?

Was Lay's part of the story too much?

Tell me what you think guys^^

 

FUN FACT:

When the first draft was written, Camille (one of the original characters)

was accidentally written as a student from the "all-boys school".