Budding Heart

Love Potion #94: Look at me

 

Budding Heart


Soundtrack: Zia's I need You 


 

“Something’s different about you nowadays.” Innah said to Andrea while keeping her eyes on her phone screen.

Andrea was eating with her friends in the school’s cafeteria. She ordered a slice of pizza that had become unrecognizable with all the mashing she was doing with her fork.

“It’s nothing.”She replied mindlessly.

“If you’re acting like that, it’s not nothing. You’re keeping something from us.”Dani just finished her meal and raised a brow at her. “I’m pretty sure I’m not the rest thinks the same.”

“I don’t.” Kat said while she continued reading on her ipad mini.

Ash rolled her eyes at Kat.

Jill was almost tempted to throw a piece of bread at her insensitive friend but she stopped herself knowing that Kat was being her normal self.

“Kat…”Angela warned.

Andrea didn’t seem to mind Kat’s cold attitude. It had become a normal thing for both of them.

They have issues in which their other friends have avoided meddling with.

Kat shrugged and kept reading.

The others have learned to ignore their friend when she’s reading.

They turned their attention once again to their love struck friend, Andrea.

“Are things not going well in Sehunland?” Jill asked.

Andrea unconsciously looked at the red leather bracelet on her left wrist that Sehun gave her as a thank you.

She sighed and frowned. She put down her fork and slowly looked at her friends helplessly.

“Am I stupid for feeling this way?”She combed her hair with her fingers in frustration.

“Why did I have to involve a love potion for this?!”She exclaimed. Some students looked their way for a moment before resuming to their own conversations.

That’s how it works in high school. No one pays close attention to people they don’t care about.

“Oh dear…” Ash looked at her friend worriedly. “Did the potion do something bad to Sehun?”

Andrea shook her head. “It’s working perfectly well! That’s the problem!”She couldn’t help but be sarcastic. Ever since she saw Sehun changed his treatment of her when the potion wore off, she had been in a constant state of anxiety.

“Love potion…” The words taste bitter on her lips. “ Didn’t think it would work so well and I’m stuck here suffering about my STUPID feelings for him!”

No one could hear their conversation in the noisy chatter inside the cafeteria. Everyone was drowned deep by the noise they were making.

Her friends looked at her in pity. They were helpless to do anything to help their friend.

Love was a complicated thing.

“Have you tried to get some more?”Dani, one of the most rational in their group asked.

“What? More potion?!”She raised a brow.

Dani nodded.

“Come on Dani. Leave me some dignity for myself.”She pushed her plate of mush away from her and admitted. “I’m too scared to ask for more. I don’t want to think that he’s interested in me because I’ve been sneaking some love potion in his drink.”

“Love .”Camille commented out of the blue.

“Don’t I know it?”Andrea huffed tiredly.

 

 

The school bell rang and it was time for them to return to their classrooms. Andrea and her friends separated to their assigned rooms. They waved goodbye to each other and forced a smile.

Her friends were deeply worried about her.

It was hard to watch when they couldn’t do anything.

Jill watched Andrea sluggishly walked back to class. She sighed and dialed a number on her phone.

“I have a favor to ask.”

 

 

Dismissal time came like a breeze. Andrea didn’t think that time would pass by so quickly this time. She was walking alone with her eyes on the road. The female student was so out of her usual self that she didn’t even notice her closest friend, Angela beside her.

Angela looked alright staying quietly by her friend’s side. She was humming lightly to a song she had been listening to lately. It was a song in mandarin and she couldn’t erase the tune out of her head. She found it somewhere online. The singer was quite popular online but he wasn’t a professional singer. From what she found out about the guy, the singer composed the song herself.

Like Andrea, Angela kind of got lost in her thoughts. She didn’t notice the good-looking male standing by the school gate.

“Hey Andrea let’s go take a detour and get some ice cream. We can do our homewor-oh! Sehun-sshi!”Angela’s smile brightened when he saw the handsome male, Andrea liked so much.

She was relieved that her Andrea’s sullen mood would improve now that the guy was here.

Andrea looked up immediately upon hearing Sehun’s name. Just like the surprise visit from last time, her eyes grew wide.

The smaller female waved at her and gave her a knowing smile. “Andrea… just come by my house later, okay?”

Andrea couldn’t speak and just nodded.

“Take care of my friend for me Sehun-sshi. We still have schoolwork so please bring her home as early as possible.”Angela waved goodbye and skipped home.

 

Sehun smiled at Andrea’s friend and waved goodbye. He waited until she disappeared and looked at Andrea with a slight grin.

“I heard you needed some cheering up.”

She closed her eyes and wished the earth to swallow her whole. “And who might be that traitorous friend of mine?”

He shrugged and adjusted his bag. “Can’t tell you. CLASSIFIED.”

Andrea found his answer a bit silly and laughed. His presence helped her mood a bit even though he was the reason she was like this.

“Fine. Have it your way.”She rolled her eyes and started walking away.

Sehun used his long legs to his advantage and blocked her way. “Don’t be like that Andrea-sshi. Your friend just called to tell me that you’re not acting like your usual adorable self.”

She blushed a bit. His words had her insides doing this butterfly thing. “Shut up. I’m not adorable and you’re saying that because I make a good milk tea.”

“The milk tea is a serious advantage to cheering you up but I’m here because you’re important to me.”He told her honestly.

Andrea’s heart almost shot up to the sky with his words. She watched him for a moment, weighing whether he was lying or he was truly sincere.

There was no love potion involved this time.

That meant that he wasn’t influenced in any way.

Her heart soared.

The pink tint on her cheeks deepened. “Thanks. That means a lot.”

“I’m just telling the truth.”

“So… any plans for today? I can’t stay out late. Angela will kill me if I skipped on her.”

“Okay. How about we buy some snacks and I bring you home. I only dropped by for a bit. I still have practice until late in the evening.”

“Oh! You shouldn’t have come then.”

“No worries. I’m sure the guys wouldn’t mind me being late this time.”

Her cheeks grew warm again.

Blushing has been a normal thing to happen whenever she was around Sehun. The boy looked like he has gotten used to it and didn’t make a comment about it. For that, Andrea was grateful.

They stopped by a small snack shop. Sehun paid for everything and Andrea’s insides were fluttering.

The same feeling from last time rose in her chest. It was the best feeling.

While they were eating, Sehun noticed the leather bracelet he had bought for her.

“You wear it to school?”He asked before he took a large bite of his sandwich.

She nodded. “I don’t wear a lot of accessories and it would be a waste if I don’t use it. Plus…” She bit her lips, a little hesitant to say the real reason but she said it anyway. “It was a gift from you. I like it a lot.”

He smiled. Sehun was about to respond to her statement when his phone rang.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and checked the message. His smile turned into a frown.

Sehun looked at Andrea apologetically as he returned his phone in his pocket.

“Looks like I gotta run. Suho-hyung is demanding me presence.”

Andrea looked at her watched and saw that it was close to 6pm. It was time for her to go meet Angela.

She still had work to do.

“Me too.”She forced a smile. Her food was half-finished but she lost her appetite.

Andrea wanted Sehun to stay longer. It was a foolish thought. But can anyone blame her?

“See you next time then?”There was an unsure tone that Andrea couldn’t identify in Sehun’s voice. It was as if he, like her, didn’t want to leave so soon.

“Sure thing Sehun. Be careful.”

“I should be the one saying that. Take care Andrea. I’m sorry I can’t take you home as I promised.”

“No biggie.” She shook her head and smiled for real. “Just make sure to let me see that dance piece you guys are working on.”

He laughed and grinned. “I’ll make sure that you’re the first one who will see it.”

 

As he promised, Sehun sent a text to Andrea a week later.

Check out the vid. Ur the 1st one to c it. Tell me wat u think l8tr =)

At the bottom of the message was the link to the video.

She clicked on the link and she was led to the group’s youtube channel. Andrea was familiar with it since she had watched a couple of their videos and downloaded it to her computer.

A familiar tune of ‘Still a dark night’.

Andrea was fangirling as she watched the video. Seeing Sehun in his element had made her a little crazy.

It was a good thing that she was at home when she watched the video.

She was screaming her lungs out in her room, ranting about how hot Sehun with those sleek moves. He, Kai and Lay were dancing side by side.

Three good-looking guys dancing side by side. There is only so much a girl could take.

Her cheeks were hot red. She fanned herself with her hands and gushing at the guys.

There was just something the way they danced that got her all hot and bothered.

Those hips moving so fine…

And those well-bitten lips!

She was going to heaven!

The whole video only lasted less than three minutes but it was one of the best moments of her life.

She watched it a couple of times before she picked up her phone to leave Sehun a message.

At first, she wanted to call him but she was sure whatever she was going to say to him would be long forgotten once she hears his voice.

To: Sehun

     Saw it. You guys are the best! When’s the competition?

Andrea

The message was lame if she might say so herself.

Even in a text message, she got no clue on what to tell him.

Not even a full five minutes have passed when her phone rang.

 

From: Sehun

     Aww. Thanks! No competition. Just something we made for fun.

 

Another minute passed and a call came in.

Andrea checked out the name and it was Sehun himself!

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi Andrea!” Judging from the tone of his voice, Andrea could imagine the handsome boy was smiling.

She smiled back in response. “Sehun-sshi…”

“Did you really like our video?”

“Of course! Once the other girls see that choreography, I’m they’ll be combusting at how hot you guys look!”

“Does that mean, you also think I’m hot?”He teased.

Andrea went beet red. “Do I really have to answer that?”

“Yup.”

“I’m not blind Oh Sehun. You’re hot. You’re handsome. It’s one of the reasons why girls are all over you.”She couldn’t stop rolling her eyes.

“It’s not all about the looks you know.”

“Oh did I forget about how much of a good dancer you are? Yup. That sums it up. Oh Sehun is a hot, handsome talented guy that I have ever met.”

“That’s too much!”Sehun commented. He knew he had the looks and the talent but hearing it from a nice girl like Andrea, it sounded like he was overqualified.

Overqualified to be someone…

Nevermind.

“And I’m serious.”

“You know Andrea. These days, I can’t imagine myself not knowing you…”

She sighed. For a moment, she imagined herself spending more and more time with him.

“Me too.”

He laughed softly and replied. “You don’t know how much I like hearing that.”

Her heart felt like exploding with his words.

 

The beautiful memories had to end at some point.

For Andrea, her fairytale lasted longer than she expected.

There were times that Sehun would be nice to her even without the potion.

She could finally say that they were friends.

But even with the friendship status, Andrea wanted more. She couldn’t help it. She had been pining for Sehun ever since she saw him dance. Her emotions only grew as she got to know him.

And so, she continually fed Sehun the love potion.

Today was the last time she would be able to give one.

The little vial only had a drop left in it.

She inwardly sighed. “Better make this good then…”

She watched as the last drop of the love potion got mixed with the milk tea.

It made her sad and happy at the same time.

After today, there would be no more deception.

But there was still uneasy feeling.

They would be friends but that also meant that in his love life, she would be invisible.

Her heart felt so heavy.

 

 

“Here you go. My special blend of Milk tea.” She forced a smile and gave him the last batch of milk tea that she might ever make for him.

They were sitting side by side on a bench near the bridge where she was formally introduced to Sehun. They weren’t close enough to touch.

Sehun practically beamed upon reaching for the drink. He had grown fond of Andrea’s milk tea and the girl herself. The boy discovered that nothing could ever compare to her homemade drink.

He had tried buying from different tea shops but her milk tea was better.

“Thank you Andrea! I have been craving for it for days. Nothing seemed to quench my craving for milk tea except for yours.”

Andrea’s stomach churned. She thought that it was probably because of the potion she added every time she makes Sehun’s milk tea.

 

She looked down at her hands, wishing there was more time. The hopelessly in love girl didn’t notice how Sehun’s face looked when he drank her homemade tea.

He grimace but immediately hid his face as to not offend her.

Andrea looked up when she finally noticed that she spaced out. “Sehun we’re friends, right? Tell me that sitting next to isn’t something I just dreamt.”

Her words made Sehun forget about the bitter taste of the tea. He looked at her side profile and stared for a long time.

Andrea patiently waited for his answer, unable to look at him in the eye.  

Sehun pondered for a bit before showing off that disarming smile. He moved closer to Andrea until his arm was touching hers.

She stiffened. This was one of the rare moments where Sehun do some sort of skinship.

Come on! He’s a boy and she was a girl.

Slowly, as if it was some sort of romantic film, a pair of warm lips touched Andrea’s pale cheek.

“Not a dream…dear Andrea.”

He said the words so softly that she cried.

She cried in happiness and in pain.

Nothing was real.

Darn love potion.

Sehun panicked once the first drop of her tears came.

“Don’t cry.”He held her face, forcing her to look at him, seeing his worried face, making her cry some more.

He wiped her tears with his thumbs.

“Sorry.”She apologized, still crying. “You just caught me off-guard.”

He blushed a bit, there was an expression of embarrassment but Andrea could still see a worry etched on his face.

“Please don’t cry. I really don’t know what to do when girls cry. They make me panic.”

His sudden confession made her chuckle.

His hands were still cradling her face. She moved away just enough to hint on Sehun to let her go.

He looked more embarrassed and hid his face. “It’s not funny.”

It was her turn to force him to look at her, her eyes still puffy but with a smile on her face. “It’s endearing.”

 


Please don't kill me.

I lost my original updated file a few weeks ago and had to remember some of the scenes I added.

Unfortunately, not all of them are retrievable... -_-

Just had a busy vacation and BTW... I went for a minor surgery ^_^

FUN FACT:

I was tempted to write a scene with "bad guys" in it and Sehun saves the day but I changed my mind. It was too much I think

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FELLOW WITCHES & WIZARDS! ^^