Tea for a date #1

Love Potion #94: Look at me
 

 

Tea for a date.

 


 

Sehun gratefully accepted Andrea’s gift.

 

His smile went bigger when the girl really looked at him.

 

“Thanks again.”He said before going back to his group of friends, who watched his exchange with the shy girl. Kai waved at the other girls and went back with Sehun.

 

Lay was smiling throughout the whole exchange. He could see Andrea’s great interest to his friend. It was nice to see that she made her day.

 

“Aww… How come I don’t have a drink? Is Sehun the only guy you think about?”Lay teased his new friend and pouted to add a cute effect.

 

Andrea’s eyes went big like saucers.

 

“How dare he flirt with a girl other than me?” She heard Camille hissed under her breath.

 

Fortunately, Lay didn’t hear Camille or else it would certainly be embarrassing to his admirer.

 

The other girls were sighing. Lay’s charm had crawled under their skin.

 

Even Angela who promised herself to like only Kai had fallen under his charm.

 

Andrea put some distance between then and wrinkled her nose. She put her palms affront and blushed. “You’re acting weirder by the minute Lay-sshi…”

 

He stopped the teasing and scratched the back of his neck, clearly embarrassed that he had made Andrea feel uncomfortable. “Oops! I guess I took the teasing a little too far. Sorry.”

 

She shook her head and smiled slightly. “Just… don’t do it too often.”

 

This caused Lay to laugh loudly. She was funny. Most girls don’t like to be teased but she was far more game than most. “Okay. I’ll keep that in mind. I guess I better leave you alone now and practice.” He smiled once again and approached the members of the all-boy’s school dance crew.

 

 

Andrea watched as Sehun took a sip from the cup. Her eyes concentrated on his throat with every gulp.

Please work, she silently prayed.

 

Just like how Luhan promised, the potion worked its way in Sehun’s body.

 

An unusual heat crept in his bloodstream, making him feel more alive.

 

It was a kick of caffeine when someone drinks a shot of strong coffee.

 

 

Sehun’s admirer was still in lala land when Dani spoke.

 

“Do you think that she had forgotten that we’re also here?”Dani loudly whispered to their friends.

 

Andrea ignored her. She wanted to focus on Sehun.

 

Sehun’s lips tilt upward, looking like he was enjoying the gift.

 

His head turned towards Andrea and nodded his head in acknowledgement.

 

Does that mean the potion worked? The shy girl asked herself.

 

Was that it?

 

No fireworks or something?!

 

She waited for minutes to check if the potion really worked. Nothing happened.

 

Sehun remained Sehun.

 

He looked at her once but that was it. The rainbow-haired boy continued with his activities while Andrea watched him by the sidelines.

 

It was Andrea’s friends who dragged the girl on a nearby shade. Not once did those eyes wander away from the boy.

 

Her friends sighed and shook their heads. Andrea was a lost cause. In other words, she has an extreme case of unrequited love.

 

That’s right.

 

She had fallen head over heels for the guy.

 

It wasn’t a mere crush anyone.

 

Funny… how a simple smile could ruin someone’s world in a snap of a fingers.

 

Two hours passed and the girls have decided to call it a day. Angela and Inna were happy after given a chance to talk to their favorite dancer, Kai. Camille was in a good mood after Lay waved at her. Chanyeol also dropped by to say hello but unfortunately, Kat wasn’t with them. Her mother called her for a last minute errands. Baekhyun, Ash’s favorite, didn’t approach the group but he smiled in their direction. Adrea’s friend was content and even gushed quietly at how adorable her ‘Baekhyunnie’was.

 

Everyone was content except for Andrea.

 

At her saddened mood, she forgot to collect her container.

 

She went home moping at how much of a fool she was for believing or giving herself hope. “Stupid! I shouldn’t have believed in a love potion! For goodness sakes, who in the face of the earth still believes in those things in the twenty-first century!!” Andrea was giving herself a lecture at her own foolish thoughts.

 

Her day wasn’t all that great. Her teachers just given her a whole bunch of new school works to accomplish by next week. She wasn’t even halfway finished with the old ones.

 

Andrea’s mind was flowing with the wind as she mentally listed the things she needed to do that night.

 

As she walked through the school gates and walk all the way home, she bumped onto someone’s chest.

 

When she looked up, her breath was knocked off her chest. She gasped aloud and she immediately covered to stop herself from screaming out loud.

 

Seeing Sehun in front of her school was the biggest shock of her teenage life. She could say the same for every girl in her school.

 

“Hi.” The handsome tall boy waved at her awkwardly.

 

Standing beside him made her feel like a dwarf. She was average in height but the height difference between them was big.

 

The last person she expected to see waiting for her was him.

 

Was she dreaming?

 

There was no way this was happening and yet he was still standing in front of her.

 

“Sehun-sshi? What are you doing here?!” Andrea’s voice went high-pitched.

 

The pale gray blazer looked good on Sehun. The simple blue scarf brought out his colorful hair. He was waiting for her.

 

She suddenly got self-conscious of her appearance. Andrea wished she took special care of her looks that day but she pulled an all-nighter in reviewing for a quiz. She adjusted her glasses and waited for his response.

 

Andrea was beginning to get nervous as she noticed a lot of her schoolmates were gathering at the sight of the popular boy from the all-boys school. They were probably wondering why he was here talking to an average girl like her.

 

Sehun was a little embarrassed.“Well… I was wondering if ”He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled shyly.

 

The female student was still trying to ask herself if Sehun was really in front of her.

 

“Well… I had some of your leftover tea by lunchtime and I suddenly thought of you.”

 

“oh…”His statement, brought her back to reality.

 

 

She should have guessed.

 

It was the love potion at work…

 

 

Wait?

 

It worked?!

 

 

She almost jumped in joy but she remembered Sehun was with her.

 

Sehun was leaning a bit to his side while he continued. “It’s not just because I want more of the tea but I was wondering if you wanted to help me find a gift for Lay-hyung. You see… the guys wanted to give him a welcome gift and you’re the only girl I know close to him.”

 

Andrea smiled and shook her head. “I don’t think I’ll make a good companion.” Her hands held onto her bag straps tightly, self-conscious at the curious glances on her way.

 

She really wanted to go but she was buried with work and her self-confidence wasn’t really great at the moment. Even with the potion at work, she was still afraid of messing up. Andrea wouldn’t be able to survive if she embarrassed herself.

 

“Come on! I promise it will be fun.” Sehun smiled at her. With a smile like that, Andrea was unable to say no.

 

She was really a er for his smile.

 

School works be damned. It was Sehun she was talking about and he was ASKING HER.

 

HER.

 

The shy ANDREA that no one notices.

 

It was her time to enjoy with someone she liked.

 

“Okay then, but don’t let me repeat that I told you so.”She reluctantly gave in.

 

Sehun smiled again, gracing her with his rare smiles. Her knees almost buckled, but she managed to force herself not to show how greatly she was affected by his smile.

 

“You need to get a grip of yourself Andrea.” She muttered to herself.

 

“Did you say something?”She forgot that Sehun was paying close attention to her thanks to her ‘special blend’.

 

She shook her head immediately. “Nothing.”

 


Sorry guys couldn't update earlier...

been busy with family commitments despite the long breaks -_-

NOTE: This is only part 1

Part 2 will be about the 'DATE' or something close to a date^^

 

FUN FACT:

Kai was never supposed to make an solid appearance in the story.

When I made the first draft for this update, I forgot to write about 'Kat (OC)', one of Andrea's friends...

Sorry KAT! I've fixed it^^