The Memory Shop

Love Potion #94: Look at me

 

 

Memoire Shop.

 

 

 

The sign looked old like an antique or something that you would only see in old movies.

 

Andrea adjusted her glasses and bit her lips wondering if she arrived to the right place.

 

According to the little note she was holding, this was the shop. She shook her head somehow regretting her decision to come so early in the morning. She even skipped breakfast just to go here.

 

One of her friends, Ash suggested this place. She said that this place might give her something for her little problem.

 

The little problem was a boy.

 

A boy she had adored since the first time she saw him perform in some contest.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

That was his name and apparently, she wasn’t the only one who had been caught by the boy’s charm.

 

A lot of girls had fallen for the guy’s charm.

 

She could guarantee that some of them were smarter, more beautiful and appealing than her.

 

There was no way that she would get noticed.

 

One time she even planned to transfer to his school. Unfortunately, he studies in an exclusive all-male high school.

 

Her plan was immediately squashed by that fact.

 

And then…

 

Here she was, standing dumbly in front of a creepy old store.

 

“Ash... let’s hope this place will be the answer to my prayers.”Andrea whispered to herself, gathering every ounce of confidence she had.

 

She shoved the note back to her pocket and took a deep breath. It was too late to back out. She had wasted both time and money.

 

She pushed the door open immediately before she lost all her courage coming here.

 

The bell on the door rang as she entered.

 

“Hello customer.”A beautiful young man greeted Andrea before she could even let herself fully in.

 

Andrea skipped one step back in surprise. Her glasses almost fell from the bridge of her nose. She hastily fixed it back in place.

 

It was the first time she saw someone eager to greet a customer.

 

The man was extremely good-looking. His hair was a shade of orange, making him look pale. His skin was milky white and his eyes were very pretty. One could mistake him to be female. If it wasn’t for his voice and clothes, he dress up like a girl and no one would find it wrong.

 

“I am Luhan. I own the store. Is there something you need?”He was wearing a plaid bow-tie paired with a plain white shirt, a plaid jacket and shorts.

 

Owner? Andrea raised a brow unconsciously.

 

Luhan looked too young to be an owner of the shop.

 

“Aren’t you too young to have your own business?” She expressed her thoughts aloud. She wanted to add good-looking but she’s not that brave.

 

Her question earned her a small laugh.

 

She blushed in embarrassment.

 

“I guess so. But I inherited the business from my parents and no one else could but me. ” He shrugged.

 

Andrea nodded her head in understanding and surveyed the store. Her footsteps echoed in the shop.

 

As she expected, there were a lot of antiques inside. Racks were neatly arranged and there were also glass cases with some unusual item inside.

 

Luhan noticed her uncertainty and assured her. “No need to be shy. If you need anything just call me.” The guy smiled before moving out of sight.

 

She relaxed immensely when Luhan disappeared. It comforted her that no one else would see what she was doing. If she wanted to be honest to herself, she was embarrassed for liking someone like this.

 

All she wanted was for Sehun to look at her.

 

It was a little thing but she wanted to exist in his world.

 

Just as she was filled with these thoughts, she unconsciously stopped in front of oddly-shaped vials for oils and perfumes.

 

She was a little bit fascinated with their colors. It was like a little laboratory for a chemist. Andrea reached for the red vial and attempted to smell it but a hand stopped her.

 

Her voice went high-pitched that it could almost break glass. She stopped screaming when she saw that it was just Luhan, the pretty owner, covering his ears with his pretty hands.

 

“Oh. It’s you.”

 

Luhan’s eyes cringed and his lips formed into a grimace at the sound of high-pitched scream. He did not blame her since it was his fault. “Sorry. I was just about to warn you about those love potion vials.”

 

It was her turn to be fascinated and at the same time dumbfounded. “Love potion?”

 

The mere thought of a love potion existing was pure foolishness.

 

Luhan nodded at her. “Yeah. Love potion. The one you’re about to smell is a very strong potion.” He pointed at the red vial. “Obsession. Very dangerous. Even the potion’s scent could have an extreme effect. If you sniffed even a small amount, you will develop an obsession on the first person you see.”

 

Andrea immediately back away from the vials. “No thank you. I prefer to be me.”She scrunched her nose in disgust.

 

Obsessing over someone was not good in her vocabulary.

 

“Only for a short amount of time.” He cheerfully added.

 

Even with that information, she didn’t like the idea.

 

“So… found anything you like?”The owner asked her.

 

The love potions definitely caught her interest. They could be the answer to her problem.

 

“Well…”Andrea suddenly felt shy. “There’s a guy…”She let the words settle in the silence of the room.

 

The owner’s eyes widened, finally understood the uncertainty that painted his customer's face. “What do you want to do?”

 

She shook her head. “I just want him to notice me.”

 

“Ah…Most people would have wanted a more potent potions for love. ”

 

Andrea shrugged. She wasn’t really aiming for love.

 

Okay. That’s a lie but if she wanted him to like her, it would be using the normal way. Although, a jump start wouldn’t hurt.

 

The tall boy thought deeply as he looked at his collection and thought aloud. “Perhaps Love at first sight? Infatuation?” His hands were already scrambling to look for the perfect potion.

 

“Hmm… How about interest? You said yourself that you just wanted to be noticed.”Luhan took a clear vial that had a clear solution inside.

 

It looked like water but what does she know about potions? She just watched the young man do his thing.

 

He moved back to the counter and transferred a small amount of the potion in a smaller vial and gave it to Andrea.

 

“Put a drop to his drink or food. Just one drop and give it to him.”He instructed. “It is perfectly safe and the effect lasts for a couple of hours. The longest would be 6 hours.”

 

“How can I be sure that you’re not lying about this love potion?” Andrea asked warily. She almost forgot how unrealistic it was for love potions to actually work. This love potion thing could be a scheme to steal money to unsuspecting females.

 

The owner looked calm and leaned lazily towards the glass case that separated him from his customer. “If the potion fails, you continue on with your life. I will not ask any payment. But if my potion is true, I will collect my fee.”

 

“How much will it be?”She was praying that it wouldn’t cost her month’s allowance. She was still saving up for an album of her favorite idol group, EXO.

 

When the young woman mentioned something about money, Luhan looked offended for a second before returning to his cheerful attitude. “No amount of money can be equaled to a love potion. When the time comes, I will be there to take what is due.”He waved a hand as if to erase the suddenly serious mood and cheered up. ”Not to worry, I am not the devil incarnate to take your life or soul for that matter.”

 

The female student let out a sigh of relief. For a moment, she actually thought of the worse.

 

She like Oh Sehun, but paying with her soul was a tad bit too much.

 

Happy with her purchase, she bowed in gratitude and turned around to leave.

 

“Before I forget, there’s one thing you should remember. When love blossoms, no amount of love potion could manipulate it. The potion will taste bitter for them.”He smiled.

 

During that point, she didn’t pay too much attention to his words. All she could think about was making her dream come true.

 

 


How was it? Was it good?

Tell me what you think^^

FUN FACT:

The layout of the memoire shop reflects from one of IU's music videos.