Sightless

Blinded Pair of Brown Eyes

It was a hot day.

Tiffany and Sooyoung were sitting on Tiffany's pink couch, sipping slowly their ice lemon teas. It was an odd day to have teas but God, it was so hot, the girls were drenching in sweat. And it was still burning hot even when they wore tank tops.

Tiffany were scrolling down her phone, oblivious to the burning stares of her friend. Her lips twitched and she laughed at some things, but then she turned around meeting her friend's eyes. "Soo?"

Sooyoung shook her head. "No, nothing."

Tiffany put down her phone. She sipped her tea and placed the glass on the coffee table beside Sooyoung. "Oh come on, I've known  you for how long? What is it, Soo?"

She shook her head again. "No, it's really nothing. I just, I haven't seen Taeng around."

Tiffany immediately replied, "that is because she wasn't supposed to be here?"

"Huh?"

"Taeyeon and I broke up last month."

Sooyoung gasped in shock. "Really? Why didn't I know about this. Oh lord, are you okay?"

Tiffany chuckled. "I am fine, Soo! What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just thought- nothing. What happened anyway?"

The latter raised her shoulder. "She's just too much."

"Oh God, what really happened? Come on tell me."

 

 

Tiffany sighed. "Well for one, she's clingy. Like super clingy."

"How is she clingy?"

 

Dudu du du

Tiffany looked at her phone. "Fany, where are you ^^?"

She put down her phone.

Dududu. "Fany?"

Ignored.

Dududu. "Fany, are you there? I saw you online just now :)"

Text ignored.

Suddenly, the phone rang and thinking it was her friend or someone, Tiffany immediate picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey, is your messenger okay?"

Sigh.

"Yes."

"Huhu okay, what are you doing?"

"I'm eating."

"Oh hehe. When are you gonna visit me? It's been months!"

"I'm busy."

"Oh maybe-"

"Look Taeyeon, I am busy okay."

"I know-" ....the line already ended.

 

"So you called her clingy because she wants to talk to you? She wants to talk to you and you ignored her. You broke up with her because of that?"

"Well, I..She asked me to meet her parents! We've just dated for only a short time! She freaked me out."

 

"Hey Fany."

Tiffany who didn't even bother to look at her girlfriend, answered the call. "What?"

"Yuri brought Jessica to meet her mother today."

"Good for them."

"Okay."

".."

"Fany?"

"What?"

"Do you want to meet my parents? You know one day?"

"Tae, we've just dated for only two years!"

"Yes, but you never wanted to meet my friends or-"

"You want me to meet your friends? Your nerdy friends? That one with thick glasses?"

"Yes, but they're all kind though!"

"No."

"But Fany..they have been asking me about my girlfriend.."

"No."

"Fany.."

"Dammit, Taeyeon!" She threw the remote control on the floor. She stood up,

"Where are you going?"

"You ruined my mood. You can watch this movie by yourself."

 

"You know what, Yuri and Jessica has only been dating for 5 months."

"I know but-"

"So you broke her heart because she wanted you to meet her parents?"

 

"I..ok. But she was so possessive. She even looked through my texts."

 

"Fany.."

"Hm?"

"Who is Nickhun?" Taeyeon was holding her phone.

"What, did you read my texts?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "No! Your phone rang for so many times. I thought it was important. Who is this Nickhun, why are you texting each other lame pick up lines?"

"You little- ! Get out of my house right now!"

"What? I didn't do it on purpose! I swear!"

"Get out Taeyeon. Get out now." She yanked Taeyeon's hand and pulled her to the main door.

Taeyeon tried to stay still though. "But Fany! Tonight was supposed to be our date night!" 

"I don't care. This should teach you to respect my privacy."

"I do, but Fany, I haven't seen you for weeks! I missed you!"

"God, shut up Taeyeon. Just get the freaking out!" She pushed Taeyeon.

And boy, Taeyeon's heart clenched at the sight of Tiffany texting just a second she threw her out.

 

"Dude, why would you even text other people when you have your own girlfriend right there next to you?"

"But he was just a friend."

"Yes just a friend you flirt with."

Tiffany stared at her.

"Yes I know. And Taeyeon does too. You broke her heart just because she was curious of you. She was confused why you could text other people but never replied to any of her texts."

"O.Okay. But she did the party without me knowing!"

"The birthday party?"

Tiffany walked into the field, expecting for her friends, closest ones. But what welcomed her was her friends, her old friends, and Taeyeon's friends. She gritted her teeth. The crowd sang Tiffany a birthday song when she stopped her. "Who planned this?"

"Taeyeon."

"Where. is. she?"

"She's under a box, she wants to surprise you."

 

Tiffany walked to the box and opened the lid.

"Oh hey! I didn't hear they sing-"

"Come with me." She pulled her girlfriend's hair.

- - -

 

"Fany! The party's over there! Why are we here?"

"What did I say to you about my birthday?"

Taeyeon gulped. "No birthday party."

"So?!"

"But we've never celebrated a birthday together. You forget mine and you would always disappear during yours. I brought all old your friends and there are some of my friends!"

"Taeyeon, you told your friends about me?!"

"Yeah..they were curious."

","

"My friends aren't that bad, they can socialise too. If you worry about them-"

"I don't worry about them!"

"Then?"

"I just, I don't wanna be seen with you at public."

"What, why?"

"You don't get this, do you? I don't love you, Taeyeon."

"But 2 years.."

"I only want you for.. and stuff and your company."

"But why don't you want to be seen with me?"

"Look at you, Taeyeon. I'm one of the most popular girl in the campus and you're just the campus nerd. You're not that pretty. You're not even close to skinny. You're chubby. And you're not even good in anything. How can I be seen with you?"

"But this our first event together."

"And it's our last."

"You're breaking up with me?! God, please don't. I promise I'll lose some weighs! I promise i'll be prettier!-"

"Just go, Taeyeon." With that, Tiffany got into her car and drove away.

"But I bake big pink cake."

 

"You're a real dickhead, Fany."

"What?"

"Truth be told, that party took her 4 weeks to plan. She stayed up at night trying to search for your old friends."

"Wh-what?"

"She was the one who baked the cake. It took her a night to bake that big ."

".."

"And how exactly did you repay her? By leaving her behind and let her to face the embarassment all by herself. She faced the guests alone. She bowed to every one. You broke her heart, because she wanted to celebrate an important occasion with you."

"I.."

 

to be continued...

 

 

 

 

.