Endings.

Blinded Pair of Brown Eyes

A/N: I haven't left an author note since my last fic, have i? well, hello. this is a proper greeting hehe. Thank you for those who waited for me to come back and for my old readers. And to annoying Ayoonism who has been supporting me. I was trying to write differently for this fic. Some readers have came up to me and told me this fic was important to them, so i wrote it differently. It's not better from the last one, just different. So thank you. If you read this chapter, you would know i hate sad endings. But good ending for taeny is 5 or 6 chapters away. Enjoy, loves.

 

Tiffany stared long and hard at the brunette who sat at the corner of the cafe. The long and dark hair covered her face, as she was so into reading her book. The mug placed in front of her was long forgotten. And so were the rest of her laughing, talking loud friends who sat at the couch.

Taeyeon does not look happy. Like you know, how your ex put on a happy facade to mask their sadness and sorrows. But Taeyeon, she is a different case. She did not try to look happy. And that makes Tiffany sad.

And Taeyeon looks sad, like most of the times, but it was not like the sadness that comes after a separation or 'i can't-live-without-you' . Taeyeon looks like someone has wrecked her, messed with her feeling and then dumped her into the dustbin. She has been a lot more distant, quiet,

and that saddened Tiffany a lot more.

- - -

 

Taeyeon huffed loudly, after putting down her cellphone on the table. She has just finished talking to her mother. Upon fulfilling her mother's wish, she did not come home for Christmas. She was lonely, of course, but she thought she would rather be alone than eating dinner with a group of people who make her feel alone.

So, all is well.

She remembered quite well if not really clear how she was always alone during high school time. No bestfriends, no partners, none whatsoever. But she managed. Now she is on her way for a degree. With a broken heart, and a broken soul.

She was always discreet about herself. No one really cares anyway. Most of the time, she was ignored, and the rest, she was needed for the wrong reasons. But what to do anyway? This is life, her fate has been written. No one should care about a waste of space, no one should, really. That's what her mother told.

Taeyeon was not the kind of the cool kid who pissed off their mother, parents just to fit in. Or the type who do bad stuff at school to seek for their attention. She was not the type who pushed away their parents' affection. No, she was the total opposite to all of it, and that is kind of sad.

She was the type of kid who would do well in school and would wait for their parents to come to school to listen to her homeroom teachers. At 5th Grade, she wrote an essay about her mother, and if she cared enough to come to her school that day, then maybe, just maybe, she would know how much Taeyeon loves her. Despite the obvious ignorance, despite the harsh words, despite the occasional snapping, Taeyeon loves her. Taeyeon loves this woman who groomed her up.

But of course, why would her mother come?

She would never forget how her she plead their parents to come to school and pick her up because during 6th Grade, that is what parents' are for. They pick you up from school. She was dismissed with a push and a 'just shut up already'. That shut her up. 

With amazing siblings, who do well in school, who fit in their societies, how could she ever outstand them? She was a geek who wore cardigans and ugly sweaters (because umma never really buys anything for her) and worn out sneakers because she could not wear those flats and converse her sister wore.

Taeyeon walked alone to school. She could not ride the bus, she would be teased to her death. Girls around her age do not really hang around her much. Boys clearly showed their dislike towards her.

The parents, they never celebrated their birthday. A single pat on her shoulder and stiff smile would do, they think. When Jiwoong had an extravagant party, she had a pat on her shoulder and a cheap cake you bought at the grocery store which she ate alone.

Things like these, she wondered, what did she ever do wrong? That Kim Hyoyeon, she was not as pretty as she is now, with all that thick brows, but she had a loving mother. Who sent her to these dance classes all the time. That Sunny in her english class, she was not that tall either, but people respected her enough to let her be happy. What did they have that she did not? Why do her parents and Tiffany despised her so much? Why do people shut her down like she was a switch? Why do people throw her around like she was some trash? 

If only some people were kind enough to see what is there behind those huge glasses, what lays underneath the white puffy cheek, what is there under her ugly outfits, they would see a beautiful young girl, who was desperate for love and affection. And if only Tiffany Hwang could see that. 

- - -

 

Tiffany stood behind a trolley, beside a rack of bottles of olive oils. She bit her lips, not knowing what brand should she buy. Now, time like this, she missed Taeyeon. Taeyeon was the one who shops for her house necessities. And now, she is gone which is 100 % her fault.

Her right hand reached out for a brand, when a guy in a t-shirt walked to her direction. He took his snapback off and stared at Tiffany emotionlessly.

"Omo, good morning sunbae!" Tiffany bowed. This guy used to be a senior at the college. He is probably one of the most successful product from their drama class.

"Hi, Tiffany."

She nodded, smiling awkwardly. This guy was like a legend, a text book to her. "How are you Heenim Sunbae? Fancy seeing you here." She smiled.

"Yeah yeah, cut the crap." Heechul rolled her eyes. "So, I heard you broke up with that nerdy Kim."

"Urm, yes." Tiffany nodded.

"You listen to me, you piece of crap. I could see you everywhere she goes. I am not sure what you want, but you better leave the damn girl alone. She's broken, she's ruined. And you little drama queen, broke her to pieces. Now I don't really care who you are, because as you can see, I'm better than you. So hurt the girl once more, and I will end you."

Tiffany nodded, slowly. "Y-yes."

"That was my biased side talking. So this is the rational Kim Heenim talking to you. However, if you just somehow, realized that you are in love with my Taeng, then make up for your mistakes. Chase her. Lock her up, I don't care. Just don't crush her. But if it's only the guilt eating you up, then I beg of you, leave her alone."

Tiffany bit her lips then nodded again.

"And choose the green bottle. Taeyeon uses that thing." And off Heenim went away.

- - -

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon!"

The running girl halted her steps. She pulled out her earphones and turned her body. Aish, what does she want? Recognizing the sweaty girl, Taeyeon put on her earphones and continued running.

"Taeyeon-ah, Taeyeon!"

Annoyed, Taeyeon stopped jogging. "What do you want, Tiffany?" She asked with obvious annoyance and potency. She was running at the park to find peace and somebody just have to ruin that.

"Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany said, her hands on her knees. "Stop for a minute." She said, heavily breathing. "Can we please stop for a minute, I'm so freaking tired."

"Aren't you supposed to be fit?" Rolling her eyes, she went to the nearest table at the park.

Tiffany followed her.

"What do you want?" 

"A forgiveness."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "You have it." She replied and then ran away, leaving her ex speechless at the middle of the park. 

"Taeyeon-ah! Taeyeon-ah!"

"Damn it. What do you want?!"

"Can we be friends again?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "We weren't even friends to start with!"

"Okay. I couldn't sleep of thinking what I've done. I-I am very sorry. I truly, really am. And everyday I see you with these faces, I can't help but feel sad. And I'm very sorry."

Taeyeon sighed. "Look here, Tiffany. You want my forgiveness, there you have it. Now, you have to stop following me. I noticed you. At the cafe, I noticed those discreet glances. And I know you've been watching me close. And I am not sure if it's guilt or not. But you have to stop. Yes, we were in a relationship. For two horrid years, for both of you and me. And yes, the breakup was messy for me. It ruined me. It broke me to the core. But that's okay. Because it was an example of my many, many mistakes. And in a view, somehow you could consider it as your mistake too. We just have to learn from it and move the hell on. And this unhappiness you see in me, you have nothing to do with it, okay? If I'm sad, or depressed, that would because I'm me. I'm the only cause of these melancholies. I'm sad because as you can see I'm pretty much a loner now, and my parents hate me for God knows why, and I just came out of a messy, broken, relationship. And I'm unhappy because I let myself be treated this way. So stop following me."

"For the record, I cared about you..."

"And you've gotta stop lying." Taeyeon cracked a small smile. "You don't destroy the people you care about, okay. I know it's guilt. You have my forgiveness. Let me be unhappy by myself." 

Tiffany watched as the girl ran away, all her hopes were stucked in the throat. She could not spit it out. She could not swallow the damn words down.

What if it's not just guilt, Taeyeon-ah?

What if I want something more than just a forgiveness?

- - -

"What is wrong with you?" Sooyoung asked, chewing a large chunk of chocolate donut she bought at a cafe located downstairs. She was eyeing the donut when she heard Tiffany sighed.

"Nothing."

"Look at you, all sad and misery. You make me sick."

"Stop the drama, shikshin."

Sooyoung laughed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing.-Hey Sooyoung-ah!"

"Wh-what?!"

"You know, Kim Heechul? The actor?"

"From the drama class?" Sooyoung asked, frowning.

"Yes, do you have his number?"

Putting down her donut, she then screamed. "No fany! He's gay! He's dating my cousin for crying out loud! Why would you want his number, oh my God!"

"Yah, shikshin." She shoved the donut into Sooyoung's mouth.

"I just need his number."

"Fo phat?"

"For something."

"Taeng related?"

"Ur yeah."

"Okay."

"However, if you just somehow, realized that you are in love with my Taeng, then make up for your mistakes."

Will do, Sunbae. Will do.