Drunk

Blinded Pair of Brown Eyes

Taeyeon was about to take a late shower-- a bad habit she has developed since her teen years, when her phone buzzed on the table, surprising her. With a confused sigh, she went to the table and picked up her phone.

"Hello?"

A loud noise came out. "Taengoo! Budddddddy, I need your help for this one!"

"sure," she shrugged, "what is it?"

Sooyoung nervously chuckled, "well..."

- - -

Tiffany blinked an eye, but all she could see was darkness. But then she heard something-- something like the sound of curtains drawing, the metal clicking to each other was too vague to notice. But Tiffany did hear it.

She tried to open her eyes, and a lightness came to her, a colour of beautiful orange come, and tried to swallow her. Tiffany immediately shut her eyes, scared and afraid. And very confused. The rustling sound of footsteps were near, as if they were steps beside her. And then, a hand came in contact with her forehead. Tiffany tried to open her eyes again but the fingers on her face touch the eyelids softly.

"it's still early, go to sleep." A hushed voice. A bit too familiar, she noted.

But Tiffany felt the heaviness on her shoulder, and sleep came.

- - -

The first moment after the girl's sleep passed for her in a confused and weighty blurr. She was dimly aware of the throbbing sensation in her head, but mostly of a tremendous softness, as if she has slept in the softest bed in the world. 

Tiffany opened her eyes and greeted with the beautiful scenery of sky, as she was facing the window. She raised her head, and found herself in a purple blanket. She furrowed her eyebrows. Where the hell am I?

But something snapped in her mind, oh shet. I didn't..I didn't sleep with anyone, did I? She kicked the blanket off her, and tried to climb off the bed when her head ached and she fell down, to surrender. I'm screwed, so screwed. She settled herself comfortably and her eyes caught a toy under the blanket. A green toy.

With a zipper. She ped the thing. And three soft balls came out.

Wait, wait. I know this sh't. This is dukong, wait a second. Her head turned around, scanning the room. She was in an average room, not too big. And she knew she had been here for far too many times. Tiffany grabbed the frame on the small table, and gasped. I'm in Taeyeon's room. Oh God, Oh God.

The pain has subsided and an anxiety rushed into her. She forced herself, and climbed off the bed, walking to the door. She arranged her steps carefully to the living room, and found herself in peace as she saw the absence of Taeyeon's shoes. Meaning Taeyeon was not at home. She slumped her onto the couch, sighing.

Her eyes narrowed as she saw the stacks of pills on the coffee table. There were three- no, six bottles of them. Tiffany picked one up. "Pills to lose weight, ARQ Pills, Thelaunx Pills, Prozac-" the sound of keys clicking startled Tiffany, and she put those away.

Taeyeon came into the living room, "oh, you're still here." And she walked to the kitchen.

Tiffany followed her. "how did i end up here?"

Taeyeon was busy sorting out things into the fridge. "Sooyoung."

"ah."

"You should stop partying with those kids. At the end, you always be the one who is left. I won't be around to save your . " Taeyeon said bluntly. 

- - -

Sooyoung sighed, slumping herself onto the couch beside Tiffany. "what is it?" She groaned, her fingers nimbly massaging her thumping forehead. 

"what?" Tiffany replied.

"what is it now?"

She shook her head, her forehead frowning. "nothing?"

"oh come on," she shoved the girl's arm, obviously feeling displeased. "Spit it out, what is it? I know something's bothering you. I know you more that you know yourself, fany-ah," she softened, "what is it?"

"is it possible," she bit her lips, adverting her eyes to the vase hidden at the corner, "to be in love with a person-"

"of course-"

"after you guys broke up?"

Sooyoung widened her eyes, "no, no, no, no!" She sat up, "no!"

Tiffany flinched.

"Don't do this now, Fany-ah, I'll beg you. She has suffered so much, don't do this." Sooyoung gripped her arm, tighter that she actually should.

Tiffany pushed the hand away and sighed, "oh dear God, what am I going to do?"

"don't do anything."

"but I-"

A finger on Tiffany's lips. "shh."

"but I-"

"No!"

"I lo-"

Sooyoung smacked her head, hard. "don't say that word. I don't wanna hear it. I don't want you to say it. You could have said those words to her, a long time ago, if you weren't so blind and so full of yourself."

"but I wanna tell her now!"

A pair of beautifully-shaped brows raised. "are you drunk, Tiffany? Or are you just simply crazy?"

"I'm not drunk." she said defensively

"well you're acting like you're out of your mind. Kinda like the drunk version of you." The corner of her lips twitched as tons of reminders of drunk Tiffany flooded in.

"I'm not drunk."

Sooyoung smiled. "okay, so don't go crazy, alright?"

- - -

There was this loud voice downstairs and it has been bugging Taeyeon a lot. Stupid, this people. It's midnight, for God's sake! She exhaled through her nose and tried to drown herself in the comfort of her blanket.

"I love you baby, and if it's quite alright-"

Taeyeon sat up, and climbed off her bed. That's it. That's it. She walked to the window and opened it. Taeyeon was just about to scream her insides like a woman when a voice interrupted her protest.

"Taeyeon-ah!" the husky voice screamed from below.

She frowned and looked down. "what the hell- are you crazy, idiot?! It's midnight, go back home!" She watched as the girl smiled innocently, waving at her like a maniac.

"Look Taeyeonnie. I have something to tell you," the girl tried to open her eyes, her conciousness slowly losing itself. "I, Tiffany Hwang," she smiled to herself, obviously in a drunken state. "am in love with you, Kim Taeyeon!" 

"what the fu- you idiot, are you drunk?!"