ABC

Blinded Pair of Brown Eyes

Tiffany sighed, her body dangling on the cliff of her own bed. She kept on pushing herself towards the tile, and yet she was here, half body on the body, half on the floor. Half almost living, half almost dead. Her closed eyes opened slowly, to the quiet room. She hated how her room looks now. It was too plain, it was too quiet. And yet there are days where she feels thankful for there is no blindling lights, no stupid jazz  – no Taeyeon.

And there are days, she hates her life enough for her to count the things Taeyeon has left in her room. And , does she hate those things. Memories flooding into her numb mind wasn't a thing she wanted to feel one a lonely midnight. and yet, she let it anyway.

She sighed, and pushed herself onto the bed.

- - -

She woke up to the sound of her annoying alarm ringing, which could have awaken the whole freaking flat. Taeyeon rolled to the side and kicked away the cover. Her eyes darted to the polaroids, and she cursed bitterly in her mind. Just the time she was starting to forget, her mind desperately grasp the memories, trying to leave none behind.

Okay, one sad day at a time.

Looking back at the past, they both are the same, yet so different. They liked music, books and other stuff. But Tiffany hates cactus and Taeyeon loves those thorny evil. 

Tiffany doesn't love Taeyeon, and neither does Taeyeon herself.

Taeyeon loves her, and Tiffany doesn't love herself.

Taeyeon wants love, and Tiffany depises love.

They want different things.

 

She sighed, and pushed herself out of the bed.

- - -

Tiffany pushed the door, the bell ringing in her ears. A hand on the door, her eyes scanned the inside of the diner, looking for familiar faces. She sighed when she found none. Tiffany let herself in, and walked to the furthest table, as no one was there. She immediately scooted in, leaving no space between her and the large window.

Tiffany closed her eyes, wanting anything but the constant sadness in her heart to leave. She couldn't force happiness, she has tried but later found that it would choke her to death.

Death.

She would rather be dead.

Tiffany has been having this pain in her chest, like something heavy, burdening on it. And every beating of her heart hurts. She tried to go to the doctor, wanting no more than this - whatever this is, to leave her alone.

Kriing!

The sound of the ringing bell woke her up from her daydream, immediately, she sat up.

And as Tiffany looked up, to a somber looking blonde, who has this most beautiful pair of onyx eyes, and the silkiest skin ever, she realized that, 

losing someone who once cared for you,

could hurt a lot more

than the ache of a phantom limb.

- - -

Taeyeon walked to the diner, and she immediately regretted her decision, as the smell of pancakes hit her nose. With every breathe she took, she can sniff and smell the coffee. And the unbearable sadness began. 

They used to come here, a lot, Tiffany and her. They both liked pancakes and hot coffee in the early morning, and the afternoon, and even at night. 

They would sit in the farthest table, beside the window--

Taeyeon noticed the gaze of a familiar face,

and her heart hurt.

- - -

One stood up, beaming a nervous smile.

One was pushed by an ill-mannered man, but still kept her gaze.

- - -

Tiffany beamed a stiff smile, "hi,"

Taeyeon looked up to the wavering gaze. "hey, have you ordered yet?"

"Uh no, was waiting for you."

Taeyeon reached out for the menu stacked at the corner of the table. "I'll get the usual then. What about you?" She glanced at the nervous mess in front of her. 

"Same, uh I'll get my usuals too."

"Cool."

"cool."

They then continued to sit in the silence with no one of the two try to initiate any form of human contacts. This was bad, Tiffany thought. She was never the one to start a conversation, she realized. It was always Taeyeon to ramble, and it was her  to just ignore everything that Taeyeon said. The waiter came and placed their food on the table. A minute went by, none of them started eating. Then another minute went by. Then another minute, and another...

Taeyeon sighed and put her folded hands on top of the table. "Why are we here?"

"For brunch?"

"After months of not seeing each other?"

"Well...", Tiffany found herself to be tongue-tied. She gulped, and tried her best to look Taeyeon in the eyes. In those deep, onyx eyes. Eyes that used to emit so much love. Eyes that now were empty. Which was of course, her fault. "I wanted to see you."

Taeyeon almost choked on her flat white. 

One weird day at a time.

 

 

P/S: Hey guys, I'm going to post short chapters until I can squeeze a bit longer time to write a proper chapter okay? Anyway, I've been wanting a camera, a proper camera but they dont come in cheap. If yall have any ideas on how I can get extra money to buy those, or a contest I can enter, it'll be a great help. Im a sponsored student but with fees and food, it's just enough to get by. So if anyone has any ideas...pls let me know. Thanks!