Dr. Lay and the Fish Ice Cream Sandwich

When There's a in the Wall

      Chanyeol looked at his 2NE1 calender with Dara's face pasted all over. Was he proud? Why yes, yes he was. He had all the calender editions since their debut, and it certainly wasn't going to change this year. Trying hard not to stare at Dara's face, he looked at the little note under today's date. Chanyeols eye's widened as he threw away his non-existant man pride and began to squeal while clapping and jumping like a retarded seal. *Que seal sounds here*

He immediately ran to the phone and called up the hospital. 

     "Hello, this is the SuLay Hospital for pregnancies and baby care, how may I help you?" Kyungsoo , the desk boy answered in a professional, firm voice. 

     "Hello! Nurse Kyungsik! It's Chanyeol!" He heard the boy stop breathing for a moment and clear his voice. 

    "O-oh, uhh, it's...it's Kyungsoo and how can I helpp..." Although Chanyeol could not see it, he was blushing, trying to keep himself straight. Literally.

    "It's the 17th week! The 17th WEEK! I want an appointment for a checkup with Baekhyun to see if our baby is a girl or a boy! As soon as a doctor opens up, please!" Chanyeol swore that his face was getting into the screen by the way he was pressing his cheek so hard in it.

    "Oh....yeah... ummm how about today at 11? There's an open schedule..." Kyungsoo bitterly tried to keep himself from sounding dissapointed. Chanyeol was married man for god's sake. 

     "We'll be there! We will! Thank you!"  Chanyeol ran out to the living room where Baekhyun was currently eating a salted fish ice cream sandwich. What?

      "Baek, I got us an appointment for your - what the hell are you eating?" Chanyeol stopped to see vanilla ice cream squished messily in between two pieces of wheat bread and sprinkles of salt and fish over the top. 

     "Whaff shoo oo eam itsha aishgream shanwish." Baekhyun had his mouth full. Chanyeol squinted, not wanting to look at all that mush. Baekhyun swallowed and looked up. "It's an ice cream sandwich." 

     "Well." Chanyeol really couldn't argue with that. I mean, anything with buns on the top and bottom is technically a sandwich right? "Why is there sa​lt and fish on it?" Baekhyun glared, while putting his sandwich down.

     "BECAUSE I WANTED TO EAT SOMETHING SALTY, SWEET, AND FILLING OKAY. STOP JUDGING ME YOU ." ? Chanyeol tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows, trying to process the fact that his wife just called him a body part he didnt even have. The mood swings and food cravings have been getting worse and worse since last week. Oh god. Just go with the flow, Chanyeol thought.

     "Sounds...delicious." Chanyeol forced a smiled. "Can I try some?" Baekhyun glared at the outstretched arm and gave Chanyeol a judging look. 

      "You want to try a salted-fish-ice-cream-sandwich. Chanyeol that's so gross - I'm judging you so hard right now. Now I lost my appetite." Baekhyun stood up from the couch. Waht? Chanyeol just stood there, dumbfounded. Like. Wahhht? 

 Baekhyun got up to throw away his soggy sandwich. When he came back, Chanyeol broke away from the thought and grabbed Baekhyun by the shoulders. 

      "I got us an appointment at the hospital! Now we can see if our mini Baekyeol is a boy or a girl!" Chanyeol squealed while Baekhyun's face stayed stoic. 

     "Wait. You called the hospital and got us an appointment?" Chanyeol vigorously shook his head, with his light curls bouncing up and down.

   "Meaning, you talked to that nurse Kyung right." 

    "It's KyungSOO, and yeah, is there a problem?" Baekhyun groaned out loud at his husband's oblivion. Baekhyun wasn't stupid. He could see the way that (as much as Baekhyun doesn't want to admit) the cute boy looked at his hubby.  He scowled and brushed it off, too excited to stay mad for long.

     "What do you want it to be? I want it to be a little girl~" Chanyeol cooed and rubbed his nose against Baekhyun's baby bump. Baekhyun began to giggle and pat his childish husband's head. 

    "Sorry babe, but it's going to be a boy. I want a man in the family." Chanyeol looked at his husband with a challenging look. 

    "I want a girl though." Baekhyun scowled and jut out his lower lip. 

     "I WANT A BOY." Baekhyun stomped his foot and turned away while Chanyeol hyperventilated. 

    "Okay, Okay! It's probably going to be a boy." Baekhyun looked back at his husband like a girl who got her first barbie doll.

    "Really? You said, so right? So it's going to be a boy, right? YAY!" Baekhyun excitedly jumped up and down. Chanyeol gulped. He didn't know what he'd do if it was a girl. Damn.

----------

      Baekhyun and Chanyeol both arrived at the hospital, rainbows and unicorns practically dripping from their eyes. They went up the desk and was met with cute, doe eyes staring back at them. 

   "Hey there, we're here for our appointment!" Chanyeol beamed at the boy with a toothy smile. Kyungsoo blushed and returned the hello with a cute voice. Baekhyun, obviously not liking this small form of connection took the pen Kyungsoo was holding and smashed it against the counter so hard that the plastic went flying. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo both stared, wide-eyed and stiff.

   "Hello Kyungsoo. WE'RE here for OUR checkup because I'M pregnant with HIS baby. Get the message?" Baekhyun gave a clenched smile that had Kyungsoo trembling.

    "...yes!" Kyungsoo managed a squeal. "U-um. You guys are assigned to Doctor Hyunshik. Please follow me." The poor boy had his shoulders up to his ears, trying to watch his back from the hormonal male. 

    "Wait what. Doctor Hyunshik? What happened to Doctor Lay? Chanyeol, didn't I say that I wanted all my appointments to be under Doctor Lay?" Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a hard look. Lay was one of Baekhyun's best friends, and he was NOT going to have this checkup from anyone other than him.

   "Uhhh. He's not here at the moment. He went to a business trip remember?" Chanyeol quickly tried to push the male to the checkup room.

   "Well then. This is going to have to wait." Baekhyun turned right back around and headed for the door. Chanyeol shouted after Baekhyun.

   "Baek! Come on Baek! It's just one appointment!" 

   "No! I'm not doing this without LAYYYYY." Baekhyun rolled the name off his tongue. Chanyeol, desperate to know his baby's gender, carried Baekhyun and began to walk to the checkup room. Kyungsoo just watched, fearing what would happen next. And oh yes, how right was he to fear. 

   "AFKJADLKFJDLKGDLK LET GO OF ME YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Baekhyun shrieked and bit Chanyeol's head. What? Oh yeah. He bit Chanyeol's head. Kyungsoo flushed in embarassment as all the other patients and visitors stared with huge eyes, wondering what the hell they just heard. 

   "What the- OW BAEK THAT HURTS!" Chanyeol couldn't just drop Baekhyun. But he couldn't put him down safely either; Baekhyun was shaking and spazzing out more than the that Tao and Kris stole. 

   "BAEK CALM YER ." Oops. Wrong choice of words.

   "DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE TO YOU. DO I LOOK- CHANYEOL ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME WITH A WOMAN. I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE BIUAL." 

  "No Baek I meant-"

   "YOU WANT TO SEE . FINE THEN BE LIKE THAT!" Baekhyun began to rip his top shirt exposing his  baby bump and his upper half. "TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE YOU ."

   "BAEK PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK- AND STOP CALLING ME A OKAY. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A !" Chanyeol desperately tried to cover Baekhyun with his body, and Kyungsoo began to hyperventilate. 

   "TELL ME TO CALM MY AGAIN. SAY IT TO MY FACE YEOL. SAY IT TO MY FACE." Baekhyun knocked his chest like a Gorilla and Chanyeol hid his face in his hands. Kyungsoo was about to call for security, but stopped when the head doctor came into the hospital.

   "WE'RE LEAVING. NOW." Baekhyun was about to leave when he heard a familiar voice from the back.

   "How did I know that this ruckus was caused by you guys." Baekhyun turned around and began to throw up puppy dogs and sunshine.

    "LAYYY!!!" Baekhyun, still half , jumped into Lay's arms and Chanyeol frowned at the sight. Giving Lay a clear message, Lay coughed and pushed Baekhyun off. Chanyeol walked over and put his jacket around Baekhyun, only for it to get rejected.

    "HMPH. GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS CHANYEOL." Baekhyun held his chin up high and walked away to the check up room with Lay, flaunting his baby bump. Chanyeol trailed them like a beaten kitten. What is life, Chanyeol. What is life.

--------

     Baekhyun forgot the whole incident once he was laying on the bed for the checkup. Chanyeol was sitting next to him, holding his hands tight and intertwined together. Baekhyun flinched when the jelly-like substance was rubbed onto his stomach. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun's body, and noticed something forming in his pants. 

   "Baek...are you..." Chanyeol glanced back at his pants and furrowed his eyebrows.

   "Is it my fault that this stuff reminds me of lube? No. Is it my fault you didn't have it with me for like a week? No. Now shut it okay, he's about to tell us the gender." Baekhyun flushed a bit before looking back at Lay. Chanyeol coughed and covered "that area" with his jacket.

   "Congratulations guys! It's a -"

   "Hey Mr. Yeol! You guys are here too!" 

   "DAMMIT TAO!"