八 - Eight

Merdeka

(+) jie jie - older sister/ noona

(+) shenma? - what?

(+) yinwei Luhan, zhe bu guan ni de shi er! - because Luhan, it's none of your business!

(+) huilai zheli! - come back here!

(+) ge ge - older brother/ hyung

(+) di di - younger brother or sister/ dongsaeng

(+) wo hen baoqian - i'm sorry

(+) bu! - don't!

(+) Luhan, wo de zouliao. Xiangxin wo, wo zai zuo shenme - Luhan, i need to go. Trust me in what i'm doing

(+) wo zhen de hen baoqian - i'm really sorry

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Alana’s arm was healing, --- slowly, but surely. She still wears the bandage to school, though. There was an ugly scar marked on her skin beneath that piece of cloth. But since Yixing said before that it would heal, she let it be and trust his words. Soon, she learnt that she was able to hold a paintbrush with her right arm without vigorously shaking. She did not suffer that much to draw again. Her mundane days suddenly turned brighter with the presence of art.

It was Wednesday afternoon. Alana settled herself under some big, random, --- but shady tree --- by the garden to eat up her lunch before her Chinese class starts. She had not encounter Jongin the whole day, --- except for break time--- she couldn’t avoid Jongin even if she wanted to. ­The breeze went by, throwing her hair behind her and the leaves rustled against each other while she ate her meal.

Footsteps filled in the silent air, and Alana looked up when she felt a presence next to her. *Luhan.* her eyes widen with recognization. “Hey.” His sweet voice hummed into her ears like it was a summer love song. “Hi boys. What are you doing here?” Alana questioned as her eyes peered over the familiar four figures and hovered onto two recognizable ones.

“To eat with you of course.” Yixing sent her a beautiful smile before sitting down onto the green ground. The rest followed. Alana’s mind clicked. *Ah, these are the boys who helped me from Jongin and his friends last week!* her cheeks turned red when she remembered the mortifying incident. “Kim Minseok and Kim Jongdae, correct?” She spoke up.

The two boys looked at each other and knowingly smiled. “Yeah.” They both said at a different tempo. Luhan, Wufan, Yixing and Tao looked at them with curious eyes. “Jie jie, you know them?” Tao said and popped a candy into his mouth. Alana bit her lips and nodded. Face palming, Wufan said, “Oh silly me, let me introduce you guys to each other. Xiumin, Chen, this is Alana. And as you know Alana, this is Minseok and Jongdae, but we call them Xiumin and Chen at school.”

“Can they please eat with us, jie jie? Please, oh please? They are our close friends! Plus, they are going to attend Chinese classes with us from now on!” Tao excitedly said. “Uhh… Sure?” Alana smiled and ruffled his hair.

“Now care to tell how you guys know each other?” Yixing raised a brow. Hearing this, Alana’s cheeks heated up again. Luhan realized this and stared at her side profile with curiosity. The air went still for a moment, and the only sounds that could be heard were the clinks and clanks of the metal spoon meeting the tupperwares.

Jongdae scratched his head, “Well, you see…” He trailed off and nudged Minseok. Minseok awkwardly laughed and continued, “We sort of saved her from getting molested any further.” Alana looked down at her hands on her lap, feeling embarrassed. Luhan stopped eating. “Wait, what were you guys doing at the field that day?” Wufan questioned.

“That clique that was picking on her that day was our soccer buddies. We play with them from time to time.” Jongdae explained. “And you didn’t even bother to invite us?” Luhan scoffed. “We know that you guys weren’t fond of Koreans so, we decided not to!” Minseok denied. “Ah, no wonder I thought you both looked familiar at the field!” Tao added. “We don’t hang out with them anymore, it was rude of Jongin to… *coughs* touch Alana’s .” Jongdae explained.

Alana took in a deep breath and loosened her tie. *Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing.* “He hardly takes notice of girls though. I would have never imagined him to touch someone that way. “ Minseok shook his head. “Wait, Jongin, as in Kim Jongin?” Luhan directed the question towards Alana.

She munched on her food silently and tightened her hold on her metal spoon. She wasn’t prepared for Luhan’s outburst. “Alana, answer him.” Yixing gave her a warning eye signal.

“Yeah.” Alana finally answered.

Shenma?” Tao stared at Alana, baffled. “That prick!” Wufan said and started to blabber off in english. Yixing rolled his eyes at that name. “He did not only hurt your arm, but he also touched your ?!” Luhan raised his voice, as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Alana clenched her fists to suppress her anger. “Why didn’t you tell me?!” Luhan raised his voice, a little higher this time.

Alana had it, unclenching her fists; she looked up at him and said, “Yinwei Luhan, zhe bu guan ni de shi er!”

She then slammed her tupperware’s lid shut, stuffed it into her bag and stood up to leave. Luhan quickly stood and grabbed hold of her wrist. “Alan---,” His eyes searched hers, but she looked elsewhere but him. “That’s enough.” Wufan’s stern voice said, turning all eyes on him. “Sit down, both of you.” He gritted his teeth and rubbed his temple.

Shoving Luhan off her, she plopped down onto the grass and scooted away from Luhan, towards Tao. “Yah, huilai zheli!” Luhan furrowed his eyesbrows and pouted. Tao purposely slung an arm around Alana’s shoulders and poked his tounge out to provoke Luhan.

“Eat. We don’t have much time left.” Wufan grumbled and continued his meal. “I am going to pray for a moment. Be right back.” Alana informed, and ignored Luhan’s eyes and walked away from the group.

“Luhan! Really, man?” Yixing scolded him as soon as Alana left. “Yeah, yeah.” He waved his hands to let go of that matter. “You dig that chick?!” Jongdae asked, surprised. “He fell so hard that he couldn’t get up.” Tao snickered. “Well it’s about time!” Minseok sighed, relieved. “I almost thought he was gay.” He continued.

“Hey, I’m still here!” Luhan said in disbelief. The gang broke into a laughing fit. “She’s gonna give you the silent treatment, man!” Wufan said and chuckled. “I bet it’s going to be agonizing for you…” Yixing sang and followed in, chuckling. “Hey, hey. You guys are supposed to be my friend, urgh! Help me, come on!” Luhan groaned and placed his hands on his head.

“Easy ge ge, just ask for forgiveness.” Tao suggested. “Totally. It might hurt your pride a bit, but she’s the one that you like, correct? So what’s the harm anyway?” Minseok, as the oldest in the group agreed to what the youngest has said.

“And this time, be gentle.” Yixing nagged. “Later, when we’re heading to Chinese class we’ll walk quickly so that you both will be left alone behind, okay? Don’t screw this chance you dimwit.” Wufan explained. “Thank you guys.” Luhan smiled at his friends, feeling grateful. “Oh look, she’s coming! EVERYONE ACT NORMAL.” Jongdae noisily whispered and pretended to eat his lunch.

Alana quietly sat down at her original seat and pulled out a book from her bag to read. It was the old and classic book, ‘Pride and Prejudice’ that everyone knew. Just then, her religion teacher passed by, ---Teacher Mariah--- and gave Alana a small wave. Alana smiled and waved back.

Jie jie, why aren’t you wearing a scarf like that teacher too?” As usual, the curious and young one, Tao, questioned. Alana’s smile dropped. “Tao.” Wufan hissed. Alana pondered for a smart and easy answer and when she got it, she said, “The actual purpose of wearing a scarf on your head is to complete the process of covering oneself from the opposite .” she paused, before continuing “Covering oneself by mean, in our religion, it is said a lady must cover herself fully, from head to toe to prevent men from feeling provoked or aroused.”

Her voice was so calm and soft, like the afternoon wind. No one dared to interrupt. “And it is not suitable for a lady who wears a skirt to wear a scarf over her head. It’ll look weird, silly.” She chuckled, pointing towards her uniform. Immediately, everyone around her relaxed. “It is also a choice, whether to wear a scarf or not.” Alana added.

“And if you choose to not to?” Tao asked, once again. “Then I have sinned. I will have to payback for my mistakes in the afterlife later.” Alana answered briefly. “Ahhh.” The group chorused in understanding. “Then jie jie, you must cover yourself then! Di di doesn’t want you to suffer in the afterlife later!” Tao pouted.

A gust of wind went by. The school bell rang, indicating that the next class was about to start. The group stood up and dusted of their pants. “I will, when I’m ready.” Alana smiled and ruffled Tao’s hair playfully, before laughing. Luhan blinked at the information Alana just had given to them. He was confused, but he wasn’t in the position to judge either. Instead, he respected what she said and stored it in one side of his mind for future references.

Before Alana could reach for her bag on the ground, Luhan had grab it and slung it onto his back. She looked at him, bewildered but Luhan walked ahead of her. She stared at his back that was fading, but snapped out of her trance when the alarm bell rang.

Alana jogged towards Luhan’s side and muttered a small thank you. She realized that the rest of the boys weren’t in front of them anymore, and started to quicken her steps. Luhan held an arm ahead of her, preventing her from moving any further. “What is it, Lu?” Alana looked at him and frowned. He took a breath in and said, “Alana, I’m sorry for what I did just now, alright? Forgive me?”

Folding her arms against each other her lips moved upwards a bit. She still won’t speak, though. Rolling his eyes, Luhan said, “Please?” sweetly. Taking her bag from his back, she walked towards the stairs and gave him a sad smile. “I was never mad Luhan.”

Luhan followed after her and raised a brow to himself. “Then what were you?”

“Hurt.”

Luhan stopped in his steps and looked at her. He didn’t have to say no more.

She was hurt.

__________

“Alana, I am impressed! You got us a new teacher after all!” Wufan hollered as soon as the clique was out of the class and gave her a high five. “And it’s a ladyyyyy.” Jongdae sang. “Jong, please.” Alana slung her arms around the two nearest people around her, --- which happens to be Minseok and Yixing--- and laughed along with them.

Luhan, who happens to be behind the group smiled at this scene. His loved ones, all happy and smiling, just like what he would wish for. *Aish, Alana… What are you doing to me?* He clutched his left chest and sighed, with a small smile. His heart was beating rapidly. This always happens when she’s around.

“Babe!”

Luhan’s smile wiped off his face. Alana froze in her tracks and gritted her teeth. Seeing that Jongin was about to walk towards Alana, Luhan took big steps and stood in front of her, protectively. Everyone tensed. The cheerful atmosphere earlier died down. “What do you want?” Wufan icily said. Truthfully, he didn’t like this boy either. Anyone whom provokes his friends automatically provokes him, too.

Alana let her hands lay limply by her side, and lowered her head a little. “I’m here to fetch Alana home, of course.” Jongin smirked. Alana gulped because she knew he would win this time. She knew he was right. They were supposed to be a couple, after all.

Without much choice, she pushed Luhan aside and whispered, “Wo hen baoqian.” “Bu!” Luhan begged and latched his hand onto her wrist when she walked away. “Luhan, wo de zouliao. Xiangxin wo, wo zai zuo shenme.” She softly said as she placed her hand on top of his. With sad eyes, she pulled his hands off her wrist and walked towards Jongin. The rest of the boys watched Alana go with Jongin in disbelief.

Jongin took her bag and slung it onto his shoulder. He then took her left hand and dragged her out of the hallway. Just right before she walked out of the door, Alana glanced back at her friends and mouthed, “Wo zhen de hen baoqian.”

As the doors closed, Luhan could hear his heart breaking into pieces.

*He touched her. That filthy Korean touched her.*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good day, everyone! Happy thanksgiving to anyone who celebrates it! This chapter took quite sometime because I had to rearrage the facts into the correct place. And a very important note; I am not preaching or anything in this chapter okay, i've warned you in my foreword that this story will be a bit scandalous because it includes different races.

So, if you don't feel comfortable and stuff, you may leave. But don't worry, in the future, i won't be going in about any religion with such detail because hello, we are reading about a love story ok let's not get off topic. Like i said in my foreword also, this fic will be around 15 chapters, but i don't think so that will be happening now ...

HAHAHAHAH Anyway, have you heard about the Myungsoo scandal? T_T If you feel betrayed, i would like to remind you that it wasn't Myungsoo's fault in the first place. He had wanted to tell us that he was in a relationship since forever but Woollim stopped him. Why? They 'so-called' wanted to protect their artists. I thought Woollim was different. Turns out they are selfish too ... 

This boy named Kim Myungsoo needs your love and support more than ever. Has he ever shown his feelings before? Never. Has he ever requested for something from us? Never. He had always kept everything to himself. So just please, please. Don't hurt him. Just wish him well, wish for his health, and used kind words. Don't judge him. I know, kdy wasn't the best mistake he had ever made but, we've all been through very odd first love, correct? So please, I beg you as a fan that has been stanning him for the past two years.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day! Stay safe from the chill weather. //winks// And exo's christmas album... LUHAN WAS ON TOP OK 

xoxo, Tuna