七 - Seven

Merdeka

(*) Malaya - is what Malaysia is called before its independance

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey."

Startled, Alana accidentally slammed her head inside her locker thus, waking her up from her sleep. "Sor---," Hissing, Alana rubbed her head with her left hand. She looked away from the inside of the locker and saw the infamous Kim Jongin giving her an apologetic look. Alana groaned inwardly. *So, it had been him who had interrupted my morning nap. Urgh, what does this spoiled brat wants?*

"Come here." Instructively Jongin said, and proceed to pull Alana towards his direction. Professionally knocking Alana's locker shut, he inspected Alana's red forehead and rubbed his thumb over her head. Hollers soon followed after, and Alana struggled to keep Jongin away from her.

"Ugh, let go of me, student Jongin." Alana says in a hushed tone while Jongin ignored her, and continued blowing her forehead. "Can you hold still, princess?" Jongin rolled his eyes and stressed on the 'princess' word. Alana looked up at him with wide eyes.

"H-How?" Alana managed to choke before regaining her composure. Jongin scoffed. "I am the crown prince of South Korea, right?" She scoffed back and folded her arms. "So?" Grabbing hold of her bag with one hand, Jongin held Alana's left hand delicately in his unpreoccupied hand.

"W-Where are we going?" Alana said, objecting Jongin's movements of pulling her along to wherever he wanted to go at the moment. When Jongin didn't answer for some time, Alana kept shut and let her feet follow in-sync with his.

They both stepped into a room and Alana recognized it as the school's dancing studio. Slowly, Jongin let go of his hands from Alana's and held her shoulders instead, forcing her to meet him in the eye. This time, Alana didn't hesitate to not hide her groan. "What do you want?" Rudely, she implied.

Jongin smirked hearing her informalities. "Finally dropping off the polite act, eh?" "Oh, shut up. As a prince yourself, you know very well I am forced to." Alana rolled her eyes. "Well, it's good to see your true colors sometimes." Jongin's eyes flicked in amusement.

"I won't repeat my question." Alana shrugged his statement off and impatiently tapped her feet onto the studio's wooden floor. "You're hiding it." Jongin accused, as he slowly drooped his hands away from her shoulders. "Hiding what?" She spitted, and sighed.

Jongin bit his lips and smiled. He pointed a finger towards her direction accusingly and slowly walked around Alana, as if to torment her. "No one knows that you're the crown princess. I've asked around. No one. Not a clue."

"You're so good at this. Why didn't you join the drama club?" He added.

"Har. Har. Soooo funny. And I don't get what you're saying. If I am the princess, so what? I don't have a reason to tell unless if someone asks." Alana answered smartly. "You're the final heir to the Selangor throne. And you know what that means don't you? Once your coronation happens, you'll be Malaya's crown princess. A country's princess. Because, why? Because Selangor is the capital of Malaya." Jongin paused in his tracks to stare at her.

Alana heaved in a breath. Her patience was tested already and it isn't even 8 in the morning yet. Clenching her fists, she breathes in and out, constantly reminding herself to not punch the prince in the face. *Tuesdays has officially become my least favorite day of the week. Not only there aren't Chinese classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but this punk had to budge in my life on this day.*

"Why?" Jongin questioned after a while. Alana chuckled and looked down at the wooden floor. There had been a reason, there always was. But she did not want to think about it. Just thinking about those reasons feels like a knife was plunging through her heart. It was too excruciating; too painful.

But instead of telling, Alana looked up from the floor and glared into Jongin's eyes. "Everyone has their reasons, and I don't have to tell. Especially not to you." Jongin opened his mouth to utter back some sarcastic remark, but he just couldn't. She got him this time, and she got him real bad. His eyes fell a few seconds later. He leaned back onto the mirrored walls and stared at Alana, silently.

"What does it takes to make you shut your big mouth?" Alana finally said, after a moment of silence. Hearing this, Jongin stood up straight and genuinely smiled before saying, "Be my girlfriend."

__________

And that was how Alana ended up eating with the jocks during breaktime. All eyes were on her and she felt uncomfortable, but she couldn't care less. She came to the cafeteria to eat, and eat she shall do. She opened her tupperware's lid and took a bite from the friend rice that the maids had prepared for her.

Closing her eyelids, she savored the feeling and flicked them open to unscrew her bottle's cap. She looked up from her food to see five curious eyes staring back at her. Alana raised a brow. "What is she doing here?" Baekhyun stated, with a tint of disgust in his voice. Alana scoffed. *Yeah right, as if I wanted to be here in the first place.*

"Guys, I have something to tell. Alana and I are dating now." Jongin threw a smirk at his friends and emphasized the 'dating' word. Alana grimaced at that, but proceeded to take her bottle but Jongin's hands were faster than hers, thus, he unscrewed the bottle's cap for her.

"WHAT?" The word chorused throughout the table. The cafeteria turned noisy after hearing this. "Jongin, if you feel guilty about yester---," Jongin cut Suho off and said, "No hyung, I love her. It's not because of yesterday." Alana bewilderedly looked at Jongin. *He loves me? Huh, funny.*

Kyungsoo choked on his food while Chanyeol sat back on his seat and loosened his tie. Sehun's face stayed emotionless but his body turned rigid. Baekhyun threw his hands into air like a drama queen and started to make a fuss about it.

Roughly grabbing her bottle from his hold, Alana gave Jongin a glare. He smiled back and said, "No thank yous, babe?" Alana smiled forcefully before saying, "Thank you, Jongin." "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, you even let her call you by your real name?" Baekhyun pushed his hands onto the table and stood up.

"I object. I absolutely object!" He exclaimed, catching the students' attention from the inside of the cafeteria. "Byun Baekhyun, sit down. Now." Suho frowned and sternly said. Baekhyun hesitated to do as what the leader had said, but he was the leader after all, so he complied and sat down with a huff.

Alana ignored everything and spooned out her meal to place it in . In the midst of munching on her food, she could feel some pokes on the side of her tummy. "What is it?" She hissed and turned her face towards Jongin's, feeling annoyed.

Jongin smiled, happy to being able to catch her attention and opened his mouth wide, and gestured her tupperware's direction to his mouth's direction. He had wanted her to feed him. Alana's mouth hung open at this, wondering why was the prince of South Korea acting so foolishly and childishly. After a moment or two battling with her insides, Alana finally gave in and scooped a huge amount of fried rice and shoved it into Jongin's mouth, purposely.

The cafeteria swooned at this sight and Jongin tried to smile with his mouth full. He held his thumbs up and nommed on the food. Chanyeol's eyes twitched at this and Sehun almost gagged on his food.

"Why?" Kyungsoo suddenly said, his eyes clearly showing a hurtful expression. Jongin was Kyungsoo's bestfriend and Jongin would always tell him every single thing. How could he possibly miss out such a huge announcement to Kyungsoo?

"Look, hyung---," But Kyungsoo stalked out of the cafeteria before Jongin could even start. Jongin bit his lips with worry and looked from the exit door to Alana, over and over. Alana placed her spoon down and looked at him in the eye.

"Go." She motioned towards the door.

Jongin's eyes went wide. "W-What?"

"A friend is like a precious gem, there are many, but in the end of the day, you could only keep one." Alana wisely said and pushed him off the chair.

Jongin staggered away and looked at Alana one last time, before sprinting off to Kyungsoo's direction. The five jocks stared at her in admiration and awe. "I like you already." Sehun said and happily ate his meal.

Alana smiled and picked up her own spoon too.

__________

Quietly as a mouse, Alana sneaked through the school's hallways, trying to keep it low. When she made it at the exit door unnoticed, she sighed, relived, but a particular blonde haired boy had to ruin it all.

"Babe!" He screamed, in the sea of students. Everyone's eyes fell on Alana's petite frame. She hissed in annoyance and quickly pushed the exit door open. Jongin walked away from his own group of fangirls, eyes completely focused on Alana and Alana only.

"Babe, wait for me!" He hollered once more, and ran towards Alana's direction. Alana glanced back to see that Jongin was only less than five feet away. She then hurriedly walked out of the door and into the school's garden. Clutching her books close to her chest, she strutted past the garden swiftly, towards the school's iron gates.

A gasp escaped Alana's pink lips when she felt a pair of arms encircling her waist. She has never felt so ... violated before. The two figures fell onto the grassy ground with a thud. "Gotcha." A voice said at the back of her neck. She squirmed under his hold uncomfortably and wiggled out of his grasp.

But Jongin held her close to him so strongly, that it was almost impossible to leave. *I wished this was Luhan holding me instead...* Alana shook the sinned thought of out her brain. Why was she even thinking such a thing? There was no way that different races would end up happily with each other. The only reason the students at Alana's school accepted the fact that Jongin was 'dating' her is because he was the crown prince of South Korea.

They stayed in that awkward position for some time, and Alana's eyes soon started to water thinking about the sins that she had done for the past week. *Ever since I met Luhan...* She closed her eyes and in a breath. She had let boys touch her so easily. It never happened before. But after she met Luhan...

It wasn't like she was blaming Luhan anyway. Meeting Luhan was by fate, after all, and Alana had never seen any boy that possessed such polite manners as the said one. It was too quick to say that Alana had liked him, but she wouldn't deny the fact that Luhan had definitely attracted her attention.

"You okay, Alana?" Jongin's voice interrupted Alana from her thoughts. She sat up with the help of Jongin and started to pick up her books from the ground. "Hey, look at me---," Jongin froze after lifting Alana's chin to meet with his eyes. From his point of view, her eyes were all red.

"Don't cry." He whispered as he neared his face towards hers. Fresh droplet of tears fell from her eyes and onto her cheeks. He placed his thumbs on both sides of her eyes and wiped her tears. "For whatever reason it is, don't cry." Jongin whispered once more and caressed her cheeks.

"Because those salty tears are not worth to be spilled on your porcelain face. You deserve to be happy. All the time."

__________

Not far for them, someone had been watching Jongin and Alana the whole time. Looking away from the sight, the man in black dialed a number on his portable cell. It was the latest gizmo, by the way. *Prince Adam wouldn't be happy to know about this...* the private investigator thought. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

T_T No one answered my previous A/N yet so I kept the '(+)' at the same place, okei? And uh, what do you think about this chapter? It's a lot about Jongin's side. ((idk what's his problem)) I don't even know if he likes Alana or just messing around with her tbh where is Luhan I MISS HIM ((look at me tryna be innocent))

Well, my baby cousin sister is currently home and what I do now is practicaly babysit her though it's fun because she's different ((she has down syndrome)) and my dream is to be able to make her talk by the end of the week ((i think i will fail though))

take care of yourself and until the next update! ((comment all u want i'm lonely))

xoxo, Tuna.