十七 - Seventeen

Merdeka

(*) In the Islam religion, we believe that there is only one God, and we call God by the name Allah. A shorter form for Allah SWT ((pronounced as Subahanawataalla))

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alana was terrified. And as she stumbles onto the ground, with the Japanese men surrounding her, she could feel herself shake. *I must be strong.* She told herself. She was to be coroneted tomorrow.  She mustn’t act this way if she was to be the princess of this nation.

Picking herself off the stony road, she glares at them and put on her defensive mode. They all laughed at her. “A measly women like you, fighting with a bunch of men like us?” One said.

A sound of slap filled the air.

His face was turned aside, due to the hard impact coming from the petite girl’s slap. Alana didn’t like it when she was provoked. She didn’t much appreciate it.

“Why you-“ He pulls her hair, a silent cry escaping her lips as she throws a punch to another Japanese men. *Filthy. Unworthy. Disgraceful to human kind bastards.* Her mind screamed in rage, while she continued throwing kicks from one man to another.

The leader had enough. He pulls out his gun, and shoves it towards Alana’s direction, while she scoffs. “Guns? Now isn’t that unfair!” Slapping the gun away, she receives a knock on the head when another man had snuck behind her and hit her with his riffle. She falls onto earth, a grunt escaping her lips. And as she clutches onto her head, the Japanese men hovers over her and cackles a loud and ugly laugh. “Poor kitten, all alone and defeated.”

Taking a hold of her arm, she flinches upon the leader’s contact. He hisses into her ears, “I wonder what we should do with you now …” and eyes her figure up and down. Alana looks upon him in disgust. “Bastard.” She whispers, only loud enough for him to hear.

He slaps her.

And as if God has called upon him, Luhan came in running a few seconds later.

“Get your hands off my jie jie, filthy Japanese!” From afar, Zitao screams when he sees them surround her. The rest of EXO comes into the scene not long after, running like a couple of heros in some cliché love movie.

Alana could only relieve in sigh. Luhan went straight towards her direction, throwing the man off her and starts to beat him with a hand on the Japanese’s collar. “You dare to touch her, huh?” Alana could only watch from aside as Luhan continuously punches the man to the end of his life. She in a breath like it was the last one she would take, all the nostalgic memories come in flushing through her brain like a tsunami ready to drift her off the mainland.

And as she stood under the hot scorching Sun, the rubber estates surrounding her and the fight going on right in front of her, she remembers what it felt like to be at the ridge of death. She remembers that day clearly, like it happened just yesterday.

Before she could drop onto the hard ground, Luhan caught her just in time before the world before her turned pitch black.

__________

Alana blinks.

She blinks once,

She blinks twice,

She blinks thrice.

She gasps in a deep breath and got up from her bed so suddenly that it awoke the sleeping Luhan on the sofa. Clutching her heart, she inhales and exhales quickly, --- her breathing going out of rate. *It was just a bad dream, Alana. Just another bad dream.* Luhan, realising of her current situation, flings off his seat and ran towards her side, exclaiming, “Princess!”

Alana takes another deep breath, which managed to calm her down a little. Blinking, she looks to her right to see a very worried-looking Luhan staring back at her, the twinkle in his eyes, never stops sparkling. She frowns at the lack of handsomeness in his face. He was still indeed very good-looking, but with the eye bags starting to grow and usual glow missing, Alana couldn’t help but to blame herself for the decreasing of his health.

“Luhan.” Alana says, ever so softly.

She looks out to the window to see that it was still dark. She moves aside and leaves some space for him to get on. There were no words exchanged. He knew what she wanted and she knew that he knew what she wanted. So he gets on. And hugs her, so tight that she thought that her oxygen supply was about to get cut off.

“Don’t you ever do that again.” He warns once he pulls away and looks into her eyes.

Alana looks down to his lap, then to his eyes again. “Do what?” She challenges.

“What were you even thinking?” He hisses and presses his weight onto hers.

Alana grew alarmed. She didn’t like where this was heading. “I was doing my duty as the princess of this country.”

Soon-to-be princess.” Luhan presses on. “Your father wasn’t proud with what you’ve done.”

Alana rolls her eyes and pushes him off. “Father was never proud of me …” She sighs.

“Hey.” Luhan takes a hold of her face in his palms, making her stare into his eyes.  “You could have gotten hurt.” “But I didn’t, didn’t I?” She remarks.  Luhan huffs a breath to the fringe of his hair. Why did his princess have to be so quirky and smart? “I was only trying to protect my people.” She moves on.

“At least the next time when you try to save your people, do drag me along, will you?” Luhan smartly answers back, leaving Alana speechless to find for an answer to reply him with. Luhan seizes this opportunity and kisses her on the forehead. She looks at him in the eyes, flabbergasted. “Luhan!” She half screams half whispers.

“You were taking advantage of me!” She frowns, displeased with his actions. He kisses her again, this time on the nose. Alana gasps. She was taken by surprise with Luhan’s witty actions. *Where had he gotten this boldness from?*

Alana opens to scream at him again, but Luhan says something that made her shut up. “One more complains and I’ll move onto your mouth. And this time, I am not going to leave so fast.” She shakes her head vigorously, not wanting her rights to be molested. But Luhan wouldn’t do that. He respected the woman in front him way too much to touch her like that.

He loves her. And as much as his hormones wanted to take her right there and then, he refrains, --- at least until once they’re married.

He lets go of her face, feigning to look hurt by her comment. “Okay?” He questions, requiring an answer to his previous statement.

“Okay.” She whispers, her voice smoother than the moonlight.

“Let’s sleep.” Luhan urges, as he hops off the bed and pulls the cover over her.

“What if I don’t wanna?” Alana grins and pushes the duvet off her body.

She grips onto his wrist and pulls him onto the bed, snuggling her body into his chest. “What if I want to cuddle with you all night?” Luhan shakes his head and speaks, “This is all wrong.” He didn’t knew her religion well, but he knows it well enough that they shouldn’t be touching each other.

“Allah is forgiving.” Alana speaks, voice as soft as a baby’s.

“And I believe that Allah has sent you to me so that you will change me in the greatest way possible.”

Luhan looks down to her. He has no idea what she has just said. *Allah-Who?*

Alana giggles and hugs him closer.

“God is forgiving, Luhan.”

“God is forgiving.”

And with that, Luhan closes the bedside lamp and snuggles closely to Alana, the Moon accompanying their love from afar.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! How's life going on with you guys? Did you heard that our deer prince lulu got sick? T_T He's recovering, I guess. Because if he isn't, he's gonna get it. What do you think of this chapter? Hehehe BTW I'M NOT TRYING TO SPREAD ANY BELIVES HERE, OK? I belive that all Gods are forgiving. Don't you think so?