六 - Six

Merdeka

(+) milule - get lost 

(+) bi zui - shut up 

(+) jie jie - older sister/ noona 

(+) shenme ta shuo shenme? - what did he said?

(+) don't - pu yao

(+) ta shanghaile ni! - he's hurting you!

(+) baichi - idiot

(*) Selangor - a state in Malaysia 

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Luhan.” Calmly, Alana spoke, breaking the tense air between both Luhan and Jongin. “Wufan, Yixing, Tao.” Alana took notice of their presence and nodded her head towards each one of them. Closing an eye, Alana no longer tried to pry Jongin’s arms off her. She did not have the energy anymore.

Alana thinks it is the best if she saves her energy for something else worthwhile of fighting. But it hurts, and when it hurts, it hurts really badly. They were now currently in the school’s hallway, and Alana was grateful that the said place was currently empty from students at that moment. There stood next to the hall's tall windows was her four, one and only people that she would call, friends. “And you are?” Jongin his lips, annoyed. “Your angel of death.” Luhan said with gritted teeth, as he lunged for Jongin, but was held back when Alana stood in front of him.

Jongin smirked victoriously behind Alana while the fantastic four stared at her in disbelieve. “Luhan, pu yao.” Alana whispered as she lightly pushed his chest away with her free hand. This time, she didn’t bother to hide her wince. “Ta shanghaile ni!” Luhan frowned, obviously mad. Jongin looked from Alana to Luhan, completely confused with the language they just had used.

Stubbornly, Alana shook her head. “This is not your school, and you could get blacklisted for this. There is no use, getting in trouble for a loser like him.” Luhan’s frown decreased and that was when Alana felt the stinging sensation once again on her right arm that was currently preoccupied with Jongin’s left hand.

Alana was afraid of what Kim Jongin could do to Luhan. She just found out recently from Jiho that Jongin was the crown prince of South Korea. Now she knew why he acted like he owned the school. He had the power. He had the strength. He had the money. Kim Jongin was so powerful, that he can order a peasant's head to be chopped off that very moment.

It hurt a lot more this time, and she almost couldn’t take it, when Yixing finally said, “She’s bleeding!” Jongin’s eyes turned wide. Alana’s body went rigid when she turned her head to check on her right hand. Through her white sleeves, it was evident, that she was bleeding. Jongin’s eyes widen in horror. “Oh, it is so on.” Wufan said, as he rolled his sleeves up. Without further ado, Luhan yanked Jongin’s hand away from Alana’s and he gave Jongin a low growl.

Not far behind, Alana could see Jongin’s clique coming her way seeing that a commotion had occurred. *Oh no, this will turn ugly.* worriedly, she bit her lips and said, “That’s enough, go straight to room 204 on the second floor now.”

Jie Jie.” Tao shook his head before continuing, “This is simply too much. He’s an .” Alana sighed, from the corner of her eyes she could see the five figures nearing. It was too late now. She would have to ask Jiho for help to ‘clean’ this mess later. With one final try, she swings towards Luhan’s direction with pleading eyes. He shook his head.

“Alana, look, whatever happened, I’m sor---“, “Kai, why are you saying sorry to this for?” Baekhyun placed a hand onto Jongin’s right shoulders, while the rest snickered. “Shenme ta shuo shenme?” Yixing looked up from tending Alana’s wounds with a deadly stare. Alana was stunned. Out of the four, she had thought that Yixing would to be the calmest. But the saying was true; even the nicest people have their limits.

With one final growl, Luhan pulled off a full-forced swing towards Kim Jongin’s perfectly structured face.

Soon, a fight erupted between the ten boys and all Alana could have done was watch. If her damned hand wasn’t injured, she would have done something about it, --- maybe even help Luhan and his buddies to give Kim Jongin’s gang a good smack in the head, or --- just stop the fight like what every civilised person would do.

“Guys,---“, Alana watched with worry in her eyes. “---stop. Could all of you stop!” But no one heard her. Exasperated, Alana couldn’t bear with the sight anymore. What she did next was absolutely shocking, --- she sacrificed, --- slammed; her bandaged hand onto one of the steel lockers and that was when finally when the fight broke off.

The hallways turned pin drops silent as Alana panted, fighting the urge to roll her eyeballs back due to the excessive amount of energy she used to create such force to slam the lockers. She in a breath before pointing out at the ten of them and said, “Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing.”, in a disgusted tone.

Almost immediately, Wufan, Yixing and Tao’s head hung low in shame. Luhan’s eyes followed Alana’s movements while Jongin did the same. The other five jocks didn’t bother as they dusted themselves off the floor, the walls, the flower pots, or where ever they were at the moment.

Taking deep breaths in and out, with one last glare, Alana pushed herself off the lockers and made her way towards the opposite direction. “W-Where is she going?” Jongin muttered to himself as his eyebrows furrowed.

Alana walked away, with her arms limply by her sides, her right arm leaving blood trails over the path that she had walked. “She’s bleeding, man.” Chanyeol, the tall one said. “No , Sherlock, and you were being an to her.” Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun. “All right man, I’m sorry.” Baekhyun said with his arms up.

“You called her a .” Yixing spitted. “Jerk.” Luhan murmured before jogging away towards Alana’s direction. “What did he said?” Baekhyun scoffed. “You were being a total jerk dude, I totally agree with that ching-chong guy.” Sehun stated as he shook his head in disapproval.

“It’s Luhan.” Tao corrected.  The leader, Suho, sighed. “I guess we are sorry. We acted ruthlessly a moment ago.” He then proceeded to bow a perfect 90 degrees before straightening his position. Wufan snorted before replying, “It is Alana who you should beg for forgiveness from.” Suho dejectedly nodded, before questioning Jongin, “Kai, why are you so quiet?”

Jongin, who was in his own realm, didn’t answer as he continued to stare at Alana’s direction, --- or more like, --- Luhan and Alana’s direction.

__________

Milule, Luhan.” Alana said ruthlessly when she felt a presence next to her. Luhan scoffed. “You can’t even walk.” “Then what am I doing now? Flying?” She retorted and huffed a breath. “Well, since you said that, I think...” Luhan paused before giving a thinking pose, --- placing his fingers under his chin --- and finally said, “You’re limping with the help of the lockers.”

“Oh, bi zui.” Alana said, annoyed. Rolling his eyes, Luhan swiftly bent down and slipped his hands one underneath her knees and another behind her back, before carrying her, bridal style. Her cheeks went crimson red before saying, “W-What are you doing?!”

Luhan smirked when he heard some hollers and cheers from behind. He knew that it was his pals. “Skipping Chinese lessons with you.” Luhan answered with a wink. It was undeniable anymore. He couldn’t hide the fact that he had liked this petite, Malay girl. He could no longer control his feelings anymore. He liked her, --- love her, even.

And doing this, --- holding the person he loves so close to him felt good as ever.

__________

Kim Jongin’s face turned into a stony one. He wasn’t happy. He wasn’t happy the slightest bit to see the scene that unravels right before his eyes. He was not happy the slightest bit to see Alana being carried in the arms by some Chinese guy that tried to punch him. With one last look, Jongin walked away, ignoring his friends’ callings.

__________

Alana groaned. “Can you just get Yixing already? You’re too rough.” Luhan looked up from what he was doing, --- which was, --- treating Alana’s wounds. “Well can you at least try to hold still for one moment? I am trying to treat you here. Baichi.” Luhan muttered that last word under his breath before knocking Alana lightly on the head.

She pouted. “What was that for?” Expertly wrapping the bandage around Alana’s arms, Luhan said, “For not staying still.” Alana squeezed her eyes shut to bear the pain when Luhan accidently wrapped the bandage too tight.

Luhan bit his lower lips. “S-Sorry.” He stupidly stuttered. Alana tried to laugh. Without a single hesitation, Luhan placed his pink lips softly on the bandage and pursued to wrapping her arms with the bandage again.

Alana quizzically blinked. She could feel her heart accelerating. “Wha---,” The chair under Luhan screeched over the floor when he stood so abruptly. Expeditiously, Luhan bent down to Alana’s level and pecked her nose lightly.

It took Alana a few minutes to process what just had happened; Luhan had kissed her, on the nose. For 60 seconds, they were silent, as they both stared into each other’s eyes and it was only then when Alana realised that Luhan was just five inches away. She placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away, --- too harshly for Alana’s liking.

Mortified, she grabbed her bag from the table nearby and rushed out of the nurse’s room. “Alana! Alana! Wait!” Luhan called from behind. Her footsteps quicken, as she did not want Luhan to see her in this state. The state of bewilderment. Alana could feel her cheeks turning hot from that tiny peck and she knew she shouldn’t feel this way.

As she stood alone outside the school’s big, iron gates, she spared some time to glance at her watch to see that her supposedly Chinese class was about to end in fifteen minutes. Knowing that Jiho, her driver, wouldn’t arrive until an hour later, --- upon Alana’s request, --- she decided it was best for her to walk home. It hadn’t been a hot day either, nor did the day look like it was going to rain, Alana noted as she looked up at the sky.

She let her right arm down by her side as she clung onto the backpack’s straps with her left hand. Alana started walking north, to where she resides. She walked peacefully and calmly until she heard rushed footsteps behind her.

Hearing this, her steps fasten also. *I hope it’s not Luhan. I hope it’s not Luhan. I hope it’s not ---* her hopes were crushed when his face appeared next to her. Before she could smartly snapped to him, Luhan spoke up and said, “It’s not safe for a girl to walk around alone, you know. I thought you were smarter than this.”

Feeling slightly offended, Alana replied, “Its broad daylight.” with a tint of sarcasm. “Still.” Luhan told off strictly. With a sigh of defeat, Alana replied with a soft ‘okay’, and the conversation stopped between them.

While they walked together in silence, Alana couldn’t ignore Luhan’s hand that had brushed up against her for the umpteenth time already. She frowned and put on a displeased face. Luhan, sensing her discomfort, glance to take a look at her. Smiling, he took hold of her small, cold, hands in his large, warms ones.

Alana jolted in surprise. “L-Luhan. What are you doing? You’ve been behaving awfully weird today...” She said, and tried to pull her fingers away from his. “Don’t.” He softly said, as he placed another of his free hand onto their interlaced fingers. Through her long lashes, Alana looked up at Luhan with a puzzled look. “Don’t what?”

Luhan couldn’t hold it in anymore. He needed her to know. He wanted to tell it to her right now, right at this very moment, when they were walking by some random chicken coop. “Look, Alana.” Luhan turned to face her. He tried staring deeply into her eyes, and the tension was almost there, the serious atmosphere was almost there, until a rooster cooed. *Oh Buddha, great timing.*Luhan thought.

Unable to contain her laughter anymore, a sweet giggle escaped Alana lips as she tried hiding it by closing with the back of her palms. Luhan smiled at that sight. “I-,” He paused, afraid of Alana’s reaction. How would she even react to a Chinese boy that confessed to her? "I what?" Alana blinked, with wide eyes. Luhan in his breath. "I like chicken." *Looks like I have to reveal my feelings some other time.*

"You--- what?" Alana laughed. And when she laughed, she laughed freely--- unlike those times in the palace when she would forcefully choke out a laugh when a King cracks some corny joke. Gasping in for some breath, she clung onto her stomach like her life depended on it. "Hey, hey, I was being serious." Luhan pouted.

Alana repositioned herself before saying,"Well Luhan, thank you for being honest with me." Slipping his fingers into hers, Luhan joked, "Well, shall we then, princess Alana?" Alana froze at the word princess. Stiffly, she smiled, trying to ignore the loud thumps that were coming for her heart. *What am I to do if he finds out? What will I do when he finds out I am the final heir to the Selangor throne?* “Don’t call me that.” Alana dryly laughed, as they both walked together, hand in hand towards Alana’s mansion. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hello errbody! Sorry I took so much time getting this chapter brushed up, because some technical difficulties had occured. And oh, guess what? School's out! ((scream and shout)) I feel really sad to leave school this time because I'll be in a new form next year and it'll be a whole new book for me to write.

I might not be able to see my classmates anymore, because we will have to choose our own path and this saddens me. 

I will have one and a half month off before the new semester starts woohoo! And omg did you gaise watched the music melOn awards why is Luhan's hair annoying and he wore piercings goodbye life.

I also want to ask my readers uhm, please comment, well do you prefer if the '(+)' segment be typed out before the chapter starts, ((like now)) or after the chapter ends? I really need to know and I want you gaise to be comfortable when you read my fic. So comment on your opinion! ^3^

Stay safe and until next time! 

xoxo, Tuna.