Desperate Love [3-2]

Prize and Possession

 

*

“Hey, Kyungie.”

 

Kyungsoo kept his eyes closed and his mouth shut when the stylist played their magic on his face. Sitting next to Luhan in this girl’s dressing room, he really hoped a miracle to happen and stopped him from being the part of this madness. He’s a man. He might be the bottom in his relationship with Sehun but there’s no doubt that Sehun only sees him as man. His boyfriend never said it aloud but Kyungsoo could point out the proof, like, when Sehun cut his hair when it became too long or when Sehun helped him worked out his body into a proportional size, and Sehun will still kiss him even when he was barely shaved. Hence there’s even a time when Sehun and him purposely grew their beards in their holiday, snuggling together watching the Saturday movie and the only person who get irritated was Luhan, who hate them for being hairy and built.

‘Sorry we’re not having a like you.’ when he heard Sehun answered Luhan with a sneer, it made him so happy he kissed his lover’s chin in affection. However it was not fair for Luhan cause they all knew how Luhan tried to be girly for Kai, although Kai already said it for billion times, he loved Luhan for whatever the blond was. Still, because Luhan loved Kai the blond only wanted the best for Kai and for this matter they were understand. At pouty Luhan, they promised they won’t show their manly side ever again, at least not in front of the pretty boy.

 

“You changed.”

 

Kyungsoo eyes forced opened. At the first sight when the stylist brought mirror to him, he was ready to see an ugly woman but then he blinked, and blinked, and could only speechless at the sight of cute lady in beautiful wedding dress staring back at him judgingly. He believed Luhan now that they should put faith in these stylists. The Noonas were awesomely turning an undoubtedly male model into a figure he couldn’t even describe in words.

“How do you feel now?” He saw a beautiful blond haired woman giggled at him. His heart clenched. He shouldn’t be surprised cause he often saw Luhan as female model. He smiled carefully, tried not to ruin the makeup but the spark in his eyes said he was glad he didn’t mess this. He nodded at Luhan, felt so thankful for Luhan to cheer him up and even made him giggled too when Luhan got scolded by stylist for gaining weight.

“I’m sorry Noona but can you put blame on Kyungie too? His cooking was so delicious.” Luhan whined while hiding behind Kyungsoo’s chair, “Kyungie, help me they will scold me again.”

“Stop acting like you’re still a baby!” one of Noona fakely angry at Luhan, before she laughed with others seeing Luhan frowned.

Kyungsoo chuckled too, but he didn’t take side with the women. Actually he disliked the model life, especially how Luhan tried to deal with diet and all, while Sehun and him found an easier way to shape their body without straining their appetite. As for Kai, umm, let’s say the man was born to be perfect, cause he ate as much as Luhan and still had the body of God. It’s still a mystery how he gained his muscles, cause when being asked Kai will say, ‘I just do regular , four days a week, four times a day.’

Actually, what’s ‘regular’ in that?!

He defended Luhan, said that he always loved cooking and loved it when everyone ate his food. Luhan was no exception. The talk turned into the noona being so interested with his cooking skill and how they envy Luhan for living together with Kyungsoo. Luhan, being childish as ever, gave them a cute mehrong and a low grunts of ‘go find your own cook, Kyungie ain’t for sale.’

Kyungsoo chuckled, “Yeah sorry but I’m already owned.” Was his usual reply to any woman. To whom he belongs, he never really said it. Mostly everyone knew he was in relationship with Sehun when they heard Sehun admitted it, so easily. Like when another model asked Sehun about him, Sehun will simply say, ‘oh you can’t have that one. He’s mine.’ He didn’t even laugh when others think it’s a joke and then left they frowned, some in disgust, some other in disappointment.

 

 “Hello, hello, hello.”

 

The door opened and make everyone attention moved to a tall figure in grey wedding suit. Luhan squealed at Kai who was holding a pink handy cam and practically throwing himself at the man’s chest, “Count Olaf…!” Luhan said in a woman’s voice, “Are you coming here to film my again?”  

Kyungsoo thought these friends seriously need to stop their role play when they’re in public. Since their scandalous photo-shoot in Vogue became a national-scale hot issue, they became bold with their love life. He was happy for them, but also wary for people’s rejection. It’s not age where homoual relationship strongly banned from community but still the trace from the past won’t just disappeared, and so did the people.

Sehun said he thinks too much into it and asked him to relax. There’s nothing bad will happen and if it’s about too, Luhan and Kai won’t be alone. There are four of them tangling in this messed up relationship and whatever happen, they promised Luhan to stick together as family.

 

.

 

Kyungsoo realized, their lives circling around Luhan. Luhan was the reason he became friends with Sehun and as the time goes, their friendship made Sehun and him became lovers. Because of Luhan, Kai became their friends and heal the longing inside Luhan’s which couldn’t be cured with both Sehun and him. He was always treasured Luhan and only wished for Luhan to live in only goodness.

 

However, in the summer of their 14th birthday, Luhan’s parents died.

 

The news arrived when Sehun and Kyungsoo walked out Luhan’s house, face flustered in red after they witnessed their friends tasting the love making. Their hands entwined and their mind turned blank except for the luscious vision from before. No one dared breaking the silence, cause they’re just turned hard, aroused and they’re both still need to learn more about before they turned the most precious moments of their life into mistake.

But then Sehun father’s walked out from Oh House, with a phone in his hand and the pale face as he asked them to call Luhan.

‘His parents are in hospital now. They’ve had car accident.’

Kyungsoo’s heart fell as Sehun immediately let his hand go and went back inside. He could imagine it, how Sehun shouted Kai and Luhan name frantically while running upstairs. He tucked his head down cause there’s only silence for a moment before his body trembled in pain at hearing the loud wail from Luhan’s bedroom. He bit his bottom lips, clenching his palms in a silent pray for Luhan’s parents to stay alive, and tried hard not to shed tears as he heard steps racing towards the front door. Kai appeared in lead, holding crying Luhan in his arms. Sehun followed in the back, exchanged hurt in his gaze with Kyungsoo who could only pray in his frown.

‘It’s okay, baby,’ Kyungsoo could hear Kai tried to comfort Luhan, although the boy himself was pretty much ed up over the sudden news, ‘they’ll be okay.’ He promised Luhan with a peck into Luhan’s temple.
 

Sadly, they’re not.

 

When Sehun’s parents drove the teens to the hospital, they ended facing two bodies covered by white sheets, with no soul and no heartbeat. At this point, Luhan couldn’t take it anymore and he screamed, trashing and crying inside Kai’s tight hug. He called his mother and father’s name, and Kyungsoo’s tears just falling for the future Luhan will had without his parents. He cried because he could only watch how Luhan’s beautiful life scattered into pieces.

Since that day, Luhan stayed in his bedroom while everyone taking care of his parent’s burial. He refused it when Kyungsoo asked if he need someone to talk or when Sehun tried to make him eat some food. Even Kai could only face the closed door. It takes two weeks to make Luhan out of his room, and another two weeks to make him visit his parents grave. He became someone else. His face as pale as corpse and body turned so thin and fragile. His usual pink lips turned blue and his sparkly eyes dimmed, and he refused to speak except to Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo since the three made decision to move into Luhan’s house and living together to take care of Luhan.

Now after a month struggling to move on from his mourn, Luhan kneeled in front of his parents grave, with his skinny hand he mapped the stony surface of their names,

‘Mother…. Father…’ his voice came out like a helpless growl, somehow it hurt to remember again the hard time to keep Luhan alive. How many nights Kai had to deal with Luhan’s anger and Luhan’s scream, How many days passed with Luhan became a broken doll who refused to do anything aside lying on his bed with his parents clothes spread around him.

 

‘I’m sorry.’

 

Tears fell on Kyungsoo's cheeks at hearing Luhan’s low whine, at the loneliness clouding around the blond haired boy. He could imagine it, to not having gentle hug before he went to school, not having a proud pat on his back when he did well on his things, and not having good night kisses before he went into the dreamland. He could understand that, the similar pain he got when his mother left that’s why he hugged Luhan, returning the kindness Luhan gave to him with a hope he could help Luhan with all his might,

‘You can have me.’ Kyungsoo whispered in between his sniff, ‘You can have all of us for the rest of your life, so don’t afraid to be alone.’

‘That’s right.’ Just then Kai and Sehun approached them and Sehun smiled gently while helping Luhan stood back on the blond’s feet, ‘We’re your family now, Lu...’

They can see Luhan was trembling with their promise. The eyes slowly turned glassy with the upcoming tears and the lips bitten harshly just before Kai kissed the blond, soft yet deep, inhaling Luhan’s scent as the brunette said, ‘I love you, princess. We all love you and we promised you forever in our heart, so please don’t be sad anymore.’

 

 

Since that day, Luhan started healing. Asking their own parents to move into Luhan’s house, Kai and Kyungsoo settled in completely in Luhan’s life while Sehun, well, his parents forbid him cause he lived across the street and it will be a waste of energy moving his things. He’s a bit sulky about it but he didn’t argue with them.

The good thing about living together was they began learn to control their own life. Kyungsoo was in charge of preparing meals, and he seriously learnt about nutrition and healthy foods after he saw how thin Luhan was. Kai and Luhan taking care the chores, living the house with their flirts, laugh and their cheesy love. Sehun as the guest dropped by often and having sleepover and mostly whining about his jealousy over Kai and Luhan stupid love life.

There are difference too, in Kyungsoo and Sehun love story. Sehun always stared him more intense and will kiss him with more hunger, he became cautious. He knew what Sehun wanted, since they slept next to Kai and Luhan bedroom and they could hear their friends’ noise of love making sometimes. Kyungsoo will try to ignore and try to hum himself a lullaby to sleep, but Sehun reacted to the sound. The boy became restless, grunted while covering his face with pillow but the scariest thing was Sehun began touching him, mapping his body and kissed him in their shared bed.

 

It was weeks later when Sehun finally asked him directly.

 

‘I already know what to do.’

 

The blond said it with such determination in his eyes Kyungsoo couldn’t say no. Kyungsoo didn't want to say no eiher cause he waited this moment too, anticipating for the time they could fulfill their desire and lust over each other's body. So they did it for the first time and Kyungsoo never felt this special in his life. The night was calm, too silent that he could hear their heartbeat. He didn’t scream when it was supposed to be hurt but he indeed chanting Sehun’s name, when his lover held him in to the peak, and kept hugging him after they clean their mess and began dreaming about their future.

And at such precious moment Kyungsoo pecked Sehun’s lips and whispered with honesty,

‘I’m so happy I met you, became your friend and falling in love with you.’

 

.

 

However, did Sehun love him back?

The stupid question was born from the corner of his mind the time he looked back at Kai and Luhan. He knew the reason why Sehun was so jealous with them. Sehun loved Luhan before Kyungsoo arrived into their lives. He knew he shouldn’t think negatively about it but Kyungsoo was jealous too, for Sehun to be his first love yet he’s not the first for Sehun.

“Hey, Kai?”

He shouldn’t playing with fire, but the longer he saw how Kai could only love Luhan and how Luhan would do anything for Kai, the darkness pooled inside his heart, persuading his mind to think mad and encouraging his mouth to opened and ready to put the bombshell into their peaceful life,

“Can I-…”

 

“Whoa!”

 

Kyungsoo startled. His heart already exploded with the familiar voice appeared from the door. He frowned, not ready for this boy to come here and suddenly his face heated for two reasons. First, Sehun was like a prince in his white tuxedo and white pants and second Kyungsoo was in girl clothes which he found embarrassing cause he believed he had manly face and voice.

But Sehun approached him and grinned, “Forget the photoshoot. Let’s go to the church and marry me, lovely.” Although it’s just a sweet talk and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but loving it judging for the pink blush crept until his ears, he felt stung. Somehow ‘beauty’ words didn’t fit well in him, instead it could be find radiating from Luhan, and relating things Sehun loved, back to Luhan making him frustrated.

He should trust Sehun, he told himself. Sehun loved him, Sehun chose him and never once Sehun disappointed him. He was already owned from the head to toe to the youngest blond so he shouldn’t hesitate with Sehun’s feeling.

He knew it but he needed proof. He needed to trigger a mischief to open his blind eyes, to stop his jealousy and to make everything clear in between Sehun and him.

 

That’s why he touched Sehun’s face, giving the boy a pleading look along with a low whisper, “Sehunnie?” he asked carefully,

 

“Today, can I be Kai’s bride?”

 

*

 

 

Sorry for the angsty feel, but how was it?