Jongin's Terrifying Meeting

When the Devils Returned

Kim Jongin, the complete opposite of Do Kyungsoo.

 

He and his five friends were anything but average, they were the ones at the top of the school of course.

 

At this high school there were stereotypes, social pyramids, and cliques around every corner.

 

Isn’t it lovely?

 

Personally, Jongin wasn’t too fond of all the social status crap. He thought it was stupid. But that’s just how things worked in this high school and his image said he was at the top.

 

The school knew him as Kai, one of the members of what everyone else knew as the ‘kingkas,’ the popular ones. But to Kai, they were just his friends. And currently he wanted to punch one of them in the face.

 

“I wonder what those losers were doing,” Chen said as they walked away from the school, good thing their neighborhood was so close.

 

“Hey,” Kai shot him a glare, “Don’t call them losers. Three of them could definitely compete against you in a singing competition.”

 

“They could not!” Chen sighed, “Come on Kai, you don’t seem to have any problems with teasing anyone else in the school, why is it always that one group?”

 

‘’ Kai silently cursed, ‘Shut up. Shut up. Shut up you idiot.’

               

                “It’s nothing,” He dismissed the thought, quickening his pace a little. If there was one thing his friends couldn’t know about him was- his thoughts                   on that group.

 

“You know how it is Chen. He doesn’t like teasing when he’s not the cool bastard his is at school,” Sehun interjected, smirking and bumping Kai’s shoulder, “Kai teases. Jongin is too nice for that .”

 

Kai smiled and lightly smacked his friend on the back of the head. “Yah!” The younger protested, causing Kai to chuckle.

 

His friends knew Kai’s true personality wasn’t that selfish, popular kingka who walked around school. The kind modest boy hiding inside was just too easy to mess with, and knowing his friends, they abused their powers often.

 

While Sehun and Kai annoyed and harassed each other like adolescent troublemakers, Kris spoke up, “Who was that girl with them? I’ve never seen her around here before,” He casually on a lollipop –Kris loved sweet things- as they walked. He rarely spoke when there was candy around, he was usually stuffing his face… everyone wondered how he could stay so lean and fit.

 

Chen shrugged, “Who cares, she doesn’t have a uniform on so she doesn’t go here. But she was pretty cute…”

 

“I guess it’s none of our business, but I thought you were gay.” Sehun added, stopping at the corner of the sidewalk where they each part for their own homes.

 

“I’m biual, get your facts straight.”

 

“Well if you’re bi then the facts aren’t exactly straight are they.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes, his lollipop half gone, turning to Kai. “You okay with walking home without Chanyeol and Suho?” He asked. The two other people in their group were still at school. Chanyeol had detention for some prank he played on a teacher and Suho had a student council meeting. They usually walked with Kai because they lived in his neighborhood.

 

“I’ll be fine Kris, just watch the maknae.”

 

“Hey!”

“You sure you won’t go back and stare at the losers again?”

 

“CHEN!!”

 

The said boy laughed and waved goodbye, yelling as he turned around, “Don’t deny it!”

 

Kai laughed lightly at his idiotic friend, waving even though the latter couldn’t see him.

 

Kris nodded, recognizing the wave, still on the now smaller lollipop, and turned away with Sehun, walking towards their own houses.

 

Kai held up his hand once again as a gesture of departure as he turned and went down the street parallel to his friends’, adjusting the backpack that was slung over his shoulder.

 

His mind wandered as he walked home in silence, thinking about his double personality, thinking about the specific group he had seen just minutes ago… That was one secret nobody could find out about. No one.

 

Sure he thought about the group of outcasts all the time, but his mind was mainly on a certain wide-eyed boy. Speaking of which, the boy was awfully familiar with the girl he and his friends had seen earlier. Actually, the whole group was… well except that chubby cheeked boy that he hadn’t seen all day, he had no idea if the latter knew her or not.

               

                The tan boy walked up his driveway, his fatigue beginning to set in. Kai rubbed the back of his head and yawned as he pulled out the key from                           under the mat and unlocked the door. He was already inside by the time a car pulled up in front of the house. Kai was so tired he didn’t even notice                 it.

 

Or the fact that he left the door unlocked.

 

His footsteps echoed on the tile floor in the empty house.

 

I knew they wouldn’t be home. Rich, uncaring pricks.

               

                Kai’s family –like many of the other kingkas’ families- were rich. The Kims weren’t filthy rich like some of the others (The Wu’s), but Kai’s parents                      were rarely ever around and sometimes the boy couldn’t even remember what they looked like.

 

Not that he cared.

 

Kai’s parents weren’t loving and when they talked to him it was only about him being the successor to the business. Kai never wanted to take over the business but he reluctantly agreed because he knew his sister was passionate about music and didn’t want to take the opportunity away from her, it was his duty as a brother.

 

Dropping his backpack on the kitchen table, the boy grabbed a granola bar and made his way up the stairs. Little did he know that as he slammed the door to his bedroom, granola bar in his mouth, someone outside slammed their car door and stood, staring at the house in front of them. And by the time Kai had finished his snack, they were already walking towards the front door.

 

Kai stood in front of the mirror and in a few moments his uniform blazer was off.

               

                At the same time a figure outside approached. Slowly. Quietly.

 

Kai’s slim fingers unraveled his tie and ed his shirt to reveal a toned chest.

               

               Slightly paler fingers now wrapped themselves around the doorknob outside. Unknown to the teenage boy, a young man entered the house                               downstairs, his light feet making no sound.

 

As the man placed his foot on the first step to the second level, Kai pressed the play button on his stereo.

 

And then he entered into another world.

 

He popped, locked, spun, and flowed with the music, letting his body move by itself.

 

He had no way of knowing someone was approaching.

 

A pose was struck.

 

Another step climbed.

 

His feet moved in unison with the beat of the music as the man climbed higher and higher, coming to stand outside the bedroom door.

 

The music slowed as the man turned the knob. And, just as the door was opened, the of the music was reached.

 

Lee Taemin watched Kai with a smile on his face. His moves were executed perfectly, no mistake in sight. His back was turned so the latter had no knowledge of his audience, but still no flaw was made.

 

As expected from Kim Jongin.

 

Once the music grew quiet and Kai held his last pose, Taemin clapped. “Well done, I see you’re still practicing.”

 

Kai jumped, turning abruptly to face the intruder, “Hyung?” He asked, a smile forming on his face.

 

Taemin laughed, high-fiving Kai and returning the grin, “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”

 

Kai nodded, sitting down on his bed as he was still breathing heavily from his routine, “Yeah,” He took a moment to catch his breath before turning to the older.

 

“Are you still dancing? I’d be surprised if you weren’t. Or are you getting old?” Kai teased.

 

The older scoffed, “No way.” He walked over and stood next to the bed, “You’re looking at one of the best dance and performance majors at Boston University, thank you very much,” He did a little bow for emphasis and stuck his tongue out at Kai as he came back up.

 

“Yah!” Kai was about to smack his friend but he dodged.

 

“Come on, let’s go get something to eat,” Taemin said, and the other agreed instantly, the two boys were always hungry.

 

As they walked down the stairs, something occurred to Kai, “Wait a second, hyung.”

 

“What?”

 

“If you’re back from college then…” He trailed off, afraid of what the answer to his question might be, “Where is… she?”

 

They had reached the bottom of the steps and Taemin still hadn’t answered the younger’s question. Instead, he gestured at the girl standing just a few feet away, smirking at Kai.

 

“Damn it,” Kai cursed under his breath.

 

“Is that any way to greet your sister, Jongin?” She asked.

 

Kim Hyekyo- Kai’s older sister, music major at Boston University.

 

Kyo put one arm around his neck and brought him into a one armed hug, “I’m not that bad~” She teased, pulling back to get a better look at him.

 

“You’ve gotten taller,” She remarked.

 

Kai looked over her as well. She had on gray skinny jeans, a long sleeved shirt, her brown hair was cut very short, and as usual, her guitar was on her back. Her glasses had a thin silver lining which matched with the silver music earrings in her ears.

               

                It wasn’t that Kai didn’t like his sister. She was kind and her boyfriend, Taemin, was awesome and one of Kai’s best friends. It’s just that -well- her                   favorite thing to do was meddle with his life. And after the three of them ate and spoke with one another, a phone call arrived. Kai heard something                   about a coffee shop, and he was sure his sister was on a mission.

               

                He did not want to be part of it.

 

So when his sister and Taemin left, Kai made no effort in trying to go with them and decided that now was a good time to call a friend… Specifically Sehun. He was the only one of his friends who actually witnessed one of Kyo’s ‘missions’, all of his other friends just heard about her antics.

 

                It was safe to say that Kai was completely terrified.

 

 

-    -    -

A/N

 

Here's the second chapter.

 

Not all chapters will be out this close together... but the next chapter will probably be out in the next couple of days. Probably.

 

ANd the chapter is kind of glitching! Yay! No. I cannot fix it, sorry.

 

Yeah... Comment and subscribe! ^^

 

-Arrow

 

Hello~ Hope you guys are liking the story so far! And the next chapter to the SHINee fic will be out soon as well, sorry I've been late with that. And like Arrow said, please comment and subscirde!!

~Amaya