Chapter 4 (Because I'm SOOO Creative Like That)

When the Devils Returned

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at the girl standing at the front of the room. He couldn’t believe that his sister was stupid enough to get herself into the school. She wasn’t even finished with college for crying out loud! And even if she was, she was an art major, not an education major!

Kyungsoo stood up abruptly, “What do you mean teacher? How the hell did you even become a teacher?”

“That is no way to speak to your teacher, Do Kyungsoo.” A short student with Harry Potter-like glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose and a bowl cut that would put Rock Lee to shame. He was the class president but not very important in this story… Or in any story, he’s kind of boring.

“I can speak to her any way I’d like to,” Kyungsoo started, “She’s my sister.”

A majority of the students’ eyes widened at my statement, my friends weren’t surprised of course, and Jay just stood there smirking.

“Yep,” She smiled instead of smirked this time around, “I’m Kyunggie’s sister~ I’m here to help my adorable little brother with some problems… Not grade wise, his grades are good enough.”

Kyungsoo sighed, “What are you doing here, Jay? Or should I say, how did you get in here?”

The said girl pouted and shrugged, “I blackmailed a few teachers and the principle. Here’s a lesson for you kids, don’t post stuff online that you don’t want anyone to see and don’t have in school’s janitors closest when someone is around with a sound recorder.”

The looks on the students’ faces were priceless, Kyungsoo’s especially. His face looked like this: O.O. The smile on Jay’s face grew even larger; she was going to be very entertained during her time as a teacher. But a boy sitting in the back row diverted her attention. Kim Jongin; her next target.

Jay clapped her hands together to gather the class’ attention, “Alright everyone, today we aren’t going to start on the lesson because I think that’s be boring on my first day and I need to look over everything and actually plan a lesson. Yeah… I’m not prepared but don’t get on my case about it because you’re going to have a free block. You should thank me… But don’t be too loud or another teacher will yell us at. But for now, do whatever you want.”

The students cheered and Jay gave them a look that would melt hell, then they quieted down and went to their own conversations. Students moved next to their friends, some pulled out homework, and others pulled out electronic devices to play a game for the next 90-minute block.

In the two groups concerning Jay’s mission, Chanyeol and Kai sat in the back corner while Baekhyun and Kyungsoo sat more towards the middle and on the other side of the room. Jay sat up on the teacher’s desk and watched the four; they were kind of interacting with each other… Maybe subconsciously but none of them realized it so…

Anyways, Baekhyun was taking long glances at Chanyeol while the latter was also glancing at the former, but taking shorter gazes and more gazes.

 

Note: Chanyeol may not have romantic attraction to Baekhyun, but he definitely has taken some interest in him. We can use this to our advantage.

 

Jay didn’t see any mutual interaction between Kai and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo did look at Kai every once in a while, but Kai had his head down on his desk and looked like he was trying to get some sleep during the free period. Hopefully Kyo and Taemin have more luck in their classes.

 

 

-    -   -

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I actually wasn’t surprised to see Jay in our class. I knew when she took a project she put all of her effort into it, so of course she’d find a job in the school somehow. What I didn’t expect was for Kyungsoo to stand up and confront her; he’s usually very shy and likes to keep to himself. I looked back at Kai when Kyungsoo spoke up and he did have a reaction. His eyes widened and he smiled slightly… Of course I have no idea what this means but I’ll tell Jay about it later incase she missed it.

Now I’m quietly listening to Kyungsoo rant about how stupid his sister was for blackmailing a teacher and how she’s going to be caught by the administrative employees or something along those lines.

It was getting pretty boring so I started taking glances at a giant that was sitting across the room. He was sitting in the desk next to Kai. His phone was in his hand and he was immersed a game or something, I mean, his thumbs were rapidly tapping at the screen and his tongue was between his teeth… He looked like he was trying to concentrate on whatever it was.

Chanyeol then suddenly put his phone down and looked around the room. I did what all the cool bacons do; panic and pretend to look at the time.

Yeah… Real smart Baekhyun. Why would you need to look at the clock when your phone is in your hand?

Shut up, brain!

“She always feels the need to- Baekhyun, are you listening?” I turned towards Kyungsoo and smiled sheepishly.

“Maybe… Or maybe I was staring at something completely and totally beautiful that caught my eye.”

“You can stare at Chanyeol and listen at the same time, can’t you?”

I felt my cheeks warm up and I looked down at my feet, I started mumbling something incoherent and then something for Kyungsoo to hear, “I don’t need to listen to boring stuff… Jay knows what she’s doing. Just trust her.”

When I looked back up at Kyungsoo, he was pouting, “I know I should trust her but I was just surprised and I need to rant about something…”

“It’s okay,” I said smiling as I placed my hand on his shoulder, “Just let her do her thing and relax. I know she’s a lot to handle but she’s fun to have around and she’s your sister, everything she’s doing is for you… Even though there is some pleasure for her as well.”

“Alright,” My owl eyed friend said, “But now I’m going to get started on that essay I need to World History.”

“You’re addicted to school work.”

“Shut up. School work calms me down.”

“Whatever.”

I look back at Chanyeol and he was doodling on a sheet on loose-leaf paper instead of playing on his phone. I look at the way his auburn hair frames his hair messily because of his perm, but it’s funny how much it suits him. He smiles down at whatever he’s drawing and it may look creepy in some people’s eyes, but in my eyes, it’s the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. I find him perfect but he’s too far out of my reach. That’s why I accepted Jay’s plan. I need help to get Chanyeol’s attention and the way Jay plan things, she makes it so they fall in love with us without tricks, manipulation, or foul play.

In a way, I kind of felt bad for using Jay to help get Chanyeol’s love. I know what we will do, won’t be immoral… But I can’t help but think that this way, I’ll be forcing Chanyeol to love me. Kyungsoo has told me that we aren’t forcing the giant to do anything; we’re just showing him who I am and hope he falls in love with me once he notices me. If Jay or Kyo try to make me do anything that will go against who I am or is manipulative, I’m backing out of this plan immediately.

I was still staring at Chanyeol while I was lost in my mind, and that meant I had been staring at him for a while. So as soon as I broke out of my train of thought, Chanyeol looked up and saw me staring at him.

I was mentally panicking and everything in my body told me to move, but I just… Couldn’t.

We stared into each other’s eyes from across the room and neither of us moved. I studied Chanyeol’s face but there was no look of disgust on it. Actually, I think I saw a faint blush paint his cheeks (but my whole face was beet red and I’m sure everyone noticed it), but I probably just imagined it.

After a few more minutes of staring, I placed my lip between my teeth and bit down hard. I finally willed my body to move and I glanced at my feet, away from the boy who was stealing my attention.

I then glanced the opposite direction of where Chanyeol was when I heard footsteps coming towards Kyungsoo and I’s direction. It turns out it was only Jay and I was relieved because there were a lot of nut jobs in our class (Well… They were crazy in a bad way considering Jay was also somewhat crazy).

“Hey Noona!” I said, trying to will the blush away from my cheeks that lingered from my stare-off with a certain giant.

The girl smiled, “Hey guys. Were you surprised to see me?”

“Honestly, no,” Kyungsoo said with an angry tone, “I knew you would do something like this and I think Baekhyun did as well. But… Why a teaching job? And what exactly did you have on the other teacher’s that made them leave their jobs for college students with no degree?”

Jay smirked and pulled up a chair from the desk in front of her brother. She leaned against the desk in front if her and started explaining, “Well… To start off, the teachers Kyo, Taemin, and I replaced were Heechul, Kibum, and Jonghyun. We did blackmail all three them as well as principle Hangeng, but their old friends and they said they would’ve left if we had just asked… We just resorted to blackmail before anything else.”

I giggled (a manly giggle… Oh, who the hell am I kidding! There’s nothing manly about me except for my lower parts), “You did pick the youngest and craziest teachers. I wouldn’t be surprised that you knew them. But what did you use to blackmail them? I’m realllllly curious~”

“Of course you are,” Jay laughed, “You guys know that Kibum and Jonghyun are a couple and Hangeng and Heechul are a couple, right? Well, each couple thought it would be fun to get intimate in a school janitor’s closest. I just happened to have a voice recorder on my phone and then I found a few pictures of Hangeng and Heechul that were… disturbing to say the least. Those two really like the whole sadist and masochist act. They were on Heechul’s computer so I had to hack it, but it was worth it.”

“Are the three teachers jobless now? You didn’t mention anything about replacing the principle so I’m assuming he still has his job?” Kyungsoo asked his sister.

“Yep. But the three aren’t jobless. Jiyong is still working in his fashion company since he has an important position, so he’ll be helping us outside of school. He scored Heechul and Kibum jobs in his company; Kibum works as a designer and Heechul is a model. Then Kyo got Jonghyun a job at the music company she works for; she showed the higher ups some of his original compositions and they let him in immediately. So they are working their dream jobs, we had to give them something in return for kinda – sorta letting a work here.”

Kinda – sorta letting you work here? You blackmailed them, that’s not kinda – sorta anything!”

“You and I have different definitions of kinda – sorta.”

“Very different definitions.”

I laughed at the sibling’s bickering and the two joined in after a few moments. I really did have fun with these two, my other friends as well and Jay’s friends were pretty enjoyable the other night too.

Even if Chanyeol didn’t fall in love with me, I’d always have my friends by my side; that I know. Even so, I have made up my mind to go with Jay’s plan and honestly there is no way I could get out of it even if I wanted to. But I sticking to my word and not using any manipulation. Love is not something to be toyed with and it has to come naturally.

I know I’m being all ‘wise words grandpa’ today, but I can stop worrying once this is all over. I want to be all hyper again~ It being all embarrassed around my crush because then it gets all awkward and then I get even more flustered and – and – GAHHHH! IT’S ALL TOO FRUSTRATING!! 

 

---

 

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY!

Feel free to yell at me. Amaya and I have written a few chapters so we won't fall behind again... But these past few weeks have been difficult and busy, so I apologize for the long wait. I'm not going to say that it won't happen again because it might, but know that I am sincerely trying to get these updates written and trying to get Amaya to write/edit because she's probably slacking more than I am. 

 

Sorry if there are any mistakes and give me feedback. ^.^

Credit for the gif owner. I feel it was appropriate considering I'm going to be messing with Baekhyun for the next few chapters. 

See you guys next week. Don't know when I'm going to be updating, just once a week.