If Music Class is Hell then Dance Class May Be Purgatory

When the Devils Returned

“So how are our lovely gay couples coming along?” Kyo heard a voice from the classroom entrance behind her. She clicked the last latch on her guitar case closed with a sense of formality and turned around to face Jay.

“I can almost see the unicorns, rainbows and glitter in my classroom.” She smiled as Jay scoffed. “It’s not your classroom you know. Though it does suit you.” She jumped up and sat on the desk, swinging her feet, “You know with the millions of instruments and crap everywhere.”

She shrugged and set a juice can down on the desk- which was now being used as a chair- in the empty space next to her. “Here, I found them in a vending machine in the cafeteria.” She said, taking a swig from her own.

Kyo jumped up to sit next to her and did the same as her friend spoke.

“So unicorns and glitter huh? Who made progress? I’m guessing it was the Breakfast Couple.”

Kyo looked at Jay with a confused expression. “The… Breakfast Couple?”

Jay rolled her eyes, “Oh come on don’t tell me you didn’t think of it too.” She took another sip of her drink before continuing. “Eggyeol and Bacon. Eggs and Bacon. The Breakfast Couple?”

Kyo almost doubled over laughing.

“What? I thought it was cute.” Jay pouted.

“Oh no it is!” Kyo stopped laughing, looking up innocently before giggling again, “It sounds like The Breakfast club.”

Jay laughed, “Well there’s only ONE basket case in The Breakfast Club so that wouldn’t work.”

“I guess that’s true but I do have one completely serious question though.” Kyo sat up straight again, crossing her legs and leaning back.

“I highly doubt this is going to be serious but okay.”

“Can we put that on their marriage invitations? The Breakfast Couple: Eggyeol and Bacon. It would be perfect.”

Jay shrugged “I was thinking the same thing. We do have one problem though.”

“And what is that?” Kyo sat up straight, looking at Jay.

“Getting the victims to agree.” Jay smirked and hopped off the desk, throwing her empty can in the trash can a couple feet away. “Come on let’s go see how dance class is going.”

The musician followed the artist as they walked out of the classroom, two juice cans finished and one gay agenda in action.

 

The beginning of dance class was mostly normal. The bell hadn’t rung yet and the students were either talking or practicing on the polished hard wood floor of the studio.

Kim Jongin, best dancer in his class, would usually be on of the ones getting some extra practice in before the lesson. Today however, he was busy dealing with the happy virus giant who was currently not so happy.

“Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, , crap-“

“Why don’t you stop talking about what happens when you eat too many prunes and explain to me why this is such a problem?” Kai interrupted Chanyeol’s highly amusing one-word rant, taking a fairly large bite out of the apple he now held in one hand. He usually got hungry before lunch, the tide-over was highly necessary.

Chanyeol set his head on the wall the two were leaning on, letting out a large sigh. “Nothing special I just.. er…” He blushed a little, “I kinda like Baekhyun.”

Kai almost spit out his apple. “You what?!” He jumped up from his hunched over position, a mixture of amusement, relief, and surprise in his eyes.

“Yeah… Hey, he’s cute okay.” Chanyeol turned to face Kai, shrugging like this was just some decision over a flavor of Ice cream rather than a choice to break the social status they all seemed bound to.

“You… like one of the dorks?” Kai asked hesitantly.

“Yeah.”

“As a kingka?”

“Yeah. Why? You don’t have a problem with it do you? I mean as long as we don’t tell the others…” Chanyeol trailed off. He couldn’t be sure… but he had a feeling Kai wouldn’t tell. There was something about the way he looked at that group.”

“No of course not!” Kai responded a little too quickly, hoping the other didn’t notice. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow showing that the dancer’s hope had been futile. He sighed, ”Actually I-“

“You what, Kai? I hope you were about to say you should be practicing because if so you read my mind!” Everyone in the studio turned around in surprise at the unfamiliar voice coming from the doorway. Yet another strange teacher, except this one was a boy. His dark black hair was short and slightly ruffled and tucked under a cap, though still seemed put together in some way. He grinned widely at the students, though specifically at Kai, and stepped into the room.

Kai’s hesitation and nerves flowed right out of him seeing the familiar face. “Taemin!”

Taemin’s smile grew as he took off his baseball cap and gave an over-enthusiastic bow with a flourish to top it off. “At your service.” He said, standing back up once again.

“Sorry everyone, I should properly introduce myself.” He walked over and put his arm around Kai, setting his baseball cap back on his head. “I’m Lee Taemin, Dance and Performance major from Boston University. I’ll be your teacher for a while. I’m also a good friend of Kai’s of anyone didn’t notice. So I’m allowed to give him a hard time.”

“Yah!”

“I’m just kidding. Anyways, spread out and face the front, let’s start class.”

Kai laughed, ducking out from under Taemin’s arm and snatching the cap off of his head then promptly setting it on his own. “Finally, someone with some sense is here.” His face grew serious as a realization came to mind. “Don’t tell me you’re here to help… her. You’re not… right?”

“Oh the little gay project thing?” He responded, snatching the hat back. But before he could get an answer a certain friend that had slipped Kai’s mind came out of his hypnotic state to face the pair.

“What gay project thing?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s nothing” Both boys turned and responded at the same times, making the happy virus laugh once again. “Okay fine, I guess I’m not getting information about this, but what is up with all these strange teachers? I’m cool with no schoolwork but please don’t tell me our next class is going to have another psychopath like our first block teacher.”

Taemin laughed, “Don’t worry, there aren’t anymore. But about your question-“ He turned back to Kai and shrugged, “No not really. I’m just kind of a long for the ride, watching from a distance and becoming generally amused by the whole situation.”

“Hey! Such a friend you are.” Kai snatched the cap back and ran toward the front of the studio to stretch, leaving Taemin to call after him, “If you want me to teach you my new routine you better give it back!”

Kai promptly threw the hat back toward his friend and continued stretching, a smirk on his face.

“Are you two always like this?” Chanyeol asked as Taemin put the cap back on.

“Pretty much. Why? Is he not this playful at school?”

“No not really…” Chanyeol trailed off, walking towards the front of the room and wondering just how much he really knew about his friend Kim Jongin.  

 

20 minutes later the whole class was stretched and ready to go, but not before Taemin learned everyone’s names and dance abilities. He may be here with Jay and Kyo but he actually intended to teach and not spend all of his time setting up helplessly in-love, gay teenagers.

It took a while but he think he got the all down. There was Kim Minseok- who really reminded him of a hamster, Byun Baekhyun- Who seemed to be staring at Kai’s friend Chanyeol, Xi Luhan- god that dude should be a girl, and Do Kyungsoo- who seemed really freaked out at the moment. Probably thanks to his sister. Once he got those down, he had already heard of them thanks to Jay anyways, the rest was easy. The other 6 were Kai and his friends- Chanyeol, Kris, Chen, Suho, and Sehun. None of them were bad dancers… though Kris could be interesting. Maybe if he took the lollipop out of his mouth it would help. And all of them would be better if they would stop awkwardly looking at each other.

Taemin sighed, this would be fun.

“Why the sigh, Tae?”

“Yeah really, you should be happy. You’re in a dance studio you practically live in these places.”

More voices from the door- of course. The class turned around to see thither two surprise teachers from previous classes this morning. Kyo and Jay walked in, surprisingly excited considering they were in a high school. Of course they’re no longer the victims of this cruel prison- no, this time they’re the predators. And Kai and his friends were raw meat.

And so class began, ran, and ended while his own sister, her friend, and boyfriend taught and plotted their own evil schemes from the corner of the room. Kai could tell they were plotting something, and he had a bad feeling the first victim was going to be Chanyeol.

 

-    -    -

A/N

And I'm back... And a little early! (I try to post on Thursdays at the latest) 

So, thanks for the comments! I'll post the link to my fic when its posted on an A/N to this story. 

Amaya wrote this chapter, I hope you like it. Sorry if there are mistakes. 

I really don't have much to say in this A/N. Bye! Comments are appreciated!

Credit to owner of the gif

-Arrow

 

Thanks Arrow for posting again! 

I hope you guys like the chapter, like Arrow said sorry if there are mistakes. I'm about to go post my new Jongkey chapter so please feel free to comment and/or go check out that one as well! 

~Amaya