Music Class from Hell

When the Devils Returned

Kai woke up in a haze when the bell rang. He had been up late dancing with Taemin, I mean how often did he get to do that, and school really wasn’t worth trying to keep his eyes open right now. He was just thankful that the crazy teacher from first block gave them some free time.

Though something about it didn’t seem right…He could’ve sworn he had heard some kid yelling at the strange girl before he drifted off. Something about her being his sister? No, that couldn’t be right…

Anyways he had missed his one block to see that nice boy without too many of his friends around him. He had to be careful… his fellow kingkas couldn’t know that nice Jongin thought a lower status boy was cute.

No, at school he was Kai, the head Kingka. And that was that. He hated it but he had no choice, all he could do was try not to hurt too many people at the expense of his friend’s popularity.

This school was about surviving. And that’s what he planned to do.

He sighed and heaved his backpack onto his left shoulder, following Chanyeol to their next class, his second favorite of the day. Music.

He actually knew what the hell he was doing in that class, having a sister who was a music major and all, so usually walking down that familiar hallway gave him excitement and relief. Yet today something felt off- and he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“What’s wrong Kai?” Chanyeol asked as they walked out. They were the last ones to leave the classroom; even that strange teacher had run off somewhere. “You look even more tired than usual, and that’s saying something Mr. Raccoon eyes.”

Kai shoved him a little, though the elder’s comment was completely true. Not like he would ever admit to that. He smirked, “At least I don’t stay up all night watching Korean Dramas and imitating each and every character.”

Chanyeol turned and began walking backwards, his jaw dropped. “Yah!! You’re not supposed to say anything about that!”

“But you can call me raccoon eyes?”

“That’s different!”

Kai laughed, now this was the type of teasing he enjoyed.

He quickened his pace so that he was next to Chanyeol and the giant turned back around to walk the regular direction like a normal person- because obviously Chanyeol was nowhere near normal.

“But why are you so tired? You’re acting weird too. Come on Kai I know you’re hiding something.” Chanyeol said, absently playing with his bangs.

Kai sighed as they weaved in and out of students in the busy high school hallway. “Well I was up late dancing with Taemin…”

Chanyeol smiled, “Oh he’s back?! I haven’t seen him in a while, he’s one of them only people that doesn’t make fun of me for my ACTING OBSESSION.” He turned and glared at Kai pointedly but gave up when the other ignored him. “Anyways, that’s great! You should be excited and hyper, then why the hell are you acting like you were just forced to listen to two hours of Justin Beiber and the torture was too much, so you’re going to pass out? Compared to your statement, your expression is really misleading.”

Kai would have laughed if it hadn’t been for the situation at hand. “Come on Chanyeol, think for a second. What does it mean if Taemin is back?” He asked.

Chanyeol shrugged. “That you get to have extra dance lessons with him? Or-“ The boy stopped short in the middle of the hallway. “Ohhhhh.”

Kai sighed, “Yeah. That’s why.” He picked up the pace, trying to get lost in the crowd before Chanyeol caught up and kept asking questions but to no prevail.

The giant was next to him again in no time, a look of recognition and understanding on his face, “So she’s back again huh?”

“Yeah. Which means I’m dead meat.”

“Hey! I like your sister!”

“WHAT?”

“Well she’s nice and a great musician and frankly I find it really entertaining when she messes with you.” Chanyeol smiled and ducked already knowing where Kai’s hand was going to go after that comment.

“Yah!” Kai yelled as he chased Chanyeol down the hallway, that giant was dead.

Chanyeol laughed as he navigated through the sea of chaos and ducked into the music room a mere five seconds before Kai barreled in after him.

Chanyeol plopped down in the back as usual, leaning back in his chair and resting his feet on the music stand in front of him.

Just as he was getting comfy, Kai arrived next him in his usual chair- well, piano bench- next to Chanyeol. The school’s full 88 key keyboard stood next to him against the wall. He glared at the older but was obviously holding back his own laughter, “So my pain is funny now?” He asked, dropping his backpack next to him.

Chanyeol shrugged and stuck out his tongue earning a laugh from Kai.

“Come on let’s go to the instrument storage room, I don’t remember which locker your guitar is in and I need some new music sheets from the cupboard.”

Chanyeol nodded and was beginning to stand up when the usual chaos in the classroom stopped suddenly.

Both kingkas looked up- usually music class was taught by Mrs. Hornbaker who was mostly there for questions on music theory and general support, so the class was pretty much self-teaching and chaos the entire time. Though surprisingly they actually got work done considering most of them were inspiring musicians.

But un-expectantly all students were in their chairs and silent in awe and confusion as a woman walked out from the instrument storage room- and she was definitely not Mrs. Hornbaker.

The young female seemed around 21. She had fandom bracelets up her left arm, short brown hair, a long sleeved shirt, a guitar over her back, music note earrings, and skinny jean capris with black converse.

Chanyeol sat up straighter in surprise with a small smile while Kai’s heart practically stopped.

He felt a lump forming in his throat as he saw the girl he knew all too well- the girl who seemed nice and sweet but could probably turn your life upside down in a matter of days especially with some of her friends.

His sister was standing at the front of HIS music room at HIS school. This was not okay.

“KYO!!” Chanyeol jumped up and ran toward the new teacher, his twitchy eye and big smile would have probably scared anyone else he was running at, but not Kyo.

“Hey Chanyeol!” She gave him a high five and then began to set her guitar down next to the teacher’s desk.

“Is that one new?” He asked, gesturing to the instrument.

“Heck yeah, brand new steel string acoustic, so much nicer than my old one. Different shape too, just wanted some variety. I’ll tell you more about it in a sec, let me just-” She gestured to the class and used one slim finger to fix her bangs as she turned to all the students still frozen in confusion.

She shrugged. “What? You guys look like I just came in here with combat boots and a rifle- which I’ve done before but that’s beside the point. I’m not some mean sub, don’t worry.” She smiled and gave a little joking nod.

“I’m Kim Hyekyo, Kyo for short, and I’m a music production major at Boston U so I know my way around the subject. I’m also Kim Jongin’s- or to the boy you all refer to as Kai’s- older sister.” A couple students turned to look at the boy who at the moment was fighting an overwhelming urge to throw something, preferably heavy, at the girl standing at the front of the room.

Kyo laughed, “And no before anyone asks I’m not here to harass him- not in class at least.” She smirked, “I’ll be here for a little while so don’t worry go play your instruments, sing, whatever. The storage room is unlocked; don’t touch my flute though. I threw it in one of the lockers. Other than that, have fun and I’ll be up here if anyone needs help, I might do a theory lesson tomorrow but not today. I want to get to know you guys first.”

The students were still staring and she leaned back against the desk, smiling in amusement. “Okay I know you aren’t all statues. Come on, go! I’ll be up here with my guitar if you need me. Oh and if anyone here plays bass, I need some help with a new song. The base line is freaking annoying and I’m having trouble making it flow, it’d be easier if I had someone who could play one better than I can. I’m mainly flute and guitar. I’ll be here basically all day so if anyone wants to drop in at any time, feel free.”

The students finally stood up and the chaos started once again- mostly conversations and confusion about why the heck the most popular guy in the school’s sister was their new music teacher. She seemed pretty nice though and for most of them it was business as usual with the music class. Except for one particular student who was inching towards the door.

Honestly, Jongin could deal with his sister messing with his life, she could scare him, but he was also pretty close with her. That wasn’t the problem. Honestly, he had really missed her while she was at college.

But what really frightened him the most about this situation was the fact that she knew him as Jongin. If she saw what he was like at school… He wouldn’t know what to do. He didn’t want her to see that. She was sweet and mature most of the time but if she snapped it could be bad. And he didn’t want her seeing him staring at Kyungsoo… who was in this class. . She’s going to meddle with that too and then I’m really dead she can’t be here. Crap what do I do? What the hell do I-

“Jongin I can see you.” Kyo said, not even lifting her head from her guitar neck as she tried to figure out yet another chord with Chanyeol sitting next to her, his own instrument in hand.

Kai sighed, walking over to where the two were sitting on the floor with their backs leaning against Mrs. Hornbaker’s- or now Kyo’s desk.

“First of all what the hell.” Kai said, standing in front of his sister. Really it was the only thing he could think of to say. In reality he was scared to death and he prayed to the God he didn’t freaking believe in that she: a) miraculously won’t catch on to his double personality as a Kingka and b) even more miraculously won’t catch him staring at Kyungsoo. Both were long shots but hey: a terrified, double personality, lovestruck dancer can dream right? No? Yeah he was so dead.

“Well you see… my friend and I kind of blackmailed some teachers so we could get in here to help you, her little brother, and all your friends- that means you Chanyeol- with your gay… I mean romantic problems.”

“YOU WHAT?!” Both boys responded at the same time and now Chanyeol found himself just as scared as his friend. Maybe even more so.

Kyo laughed at their reaction, “You boys seem to forget. My friend Jay- who I wrote to you about- and I can be nice…” She trailed off and Kai could have sworn that her chocolate brown eyes suddenly had an evil tint to them. “But we do know everything about each and every one of you.”

Chanyeol grabbed his guitar and slung it on his back. “Ummm, I think I’m going to go back to my seat.” He had barely finished his sentenced before the dorky giant was running back to his chair by the wall like he was being chased by some invisible panther. Or maybe a strawberry Ice Cream bar- Kai faintly remembered his friend telling him something about a bad dream that involved the sweet dessert.

Kai sighed. “Noona, why do you always do this?”

She shrugged, “Because it’s fun. And besides,” She nodded her head in the direction of two boys sitting towards the middle of the room singing, one looked like he had on eyeliner and the other had the eyes of a freaking owl. “You guys need the help.”

Kai blushed and looked away causing his sister to laugh, “Don’t worry I won’t say anything just yet. But you know my ways.” And with that the girl went back to her guitar while a very frightened Jongin decided it was a good idea to return to his keyboard next to Chanyeol.

No later than five minutes after the two emotionally scarred boys had left, Kyo had someone else come to stand in front of her.

“So this was your plan.”

Kyo looked up to see a certain diva she had come to know just recently, Byun Baekhyun. She smiled. “Yup! Glad to see you’re in this class it will make things easier.”

Baekhyun sighed and sat down next to his “teacher”, leaning his head against the rough side of the desk. “I cannot believe I agreed to this.”

“It’ll help you get to Park Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun sat up, “Don’t speak of it here!”

“Oh shush, he’s all the way on the the side of the room, he can’t hear you..”

Bacon relaxed a little, “I guess that’s true…” He sat in silence for a few seconds before perking up. “Hey Kyo.”

“Hm?”

“How are you going to… you know. Because Chanyeol…. And me… and….”

“Oh I have my ways. God you guys are all so lovesick it’s so painfully obvious.”

“Yah! I-“

“Hey Park Chanyeol!” Kyo yelled, while she stood up, leaning her guitar against the desk as she called over the student.

Baekhyun immediately panicked as his crush began walking over. “What?! No this is not a plan. No. No. NO. No. NOOO. Did I mention no? KYO!” He was so focused on his second mental breakdown of the day he didn’t even notice how nervous Chanyeol looked as he was walking over. How he kept averting his eyes and how his cheeks were just a little too red.

Finally the boy stood in front of them- successfully and promptly shutting Baekhyun up once the diva realized who he was right next to.

It took all of Kyo’s willpower not to burst out laughing at the scene in front of her, both boys looking opposite directions with painfully red faces. And she didn’t fail to notice Jongin’s chuckle in the back of the room either.

“Alright you two. I have my first assignment to give out and you’re the lucky pair!” The pair seemed to be feeling the exact opposite of luck at that moment but that was beside the point.

“I want you guys to write a song together.”

“What-“ “But-“ They both tried to respond but Kyo cut them off. “No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Chanyeol” She turned to the taller one, “I want you on guitar”. And Baekhyun, she pivoted, “I want you to sing.”

Both open their mouths to protest but she didn’t give them a chance. “You have 2 weeks and it better be finished. You might need some after school time to meet that deadline by the way- I’m not sure if class will cut it.” She smirked and gave them both a quick wink before walking back to her new desk and packing up her guitar.

Just as Baekhyun was about to say something else, most likely something any regular teacher would not have liked to hear, the bell rang for the end of class and both Chanyeol and Baekhyun slumped their shoulders in defeat.

Neither one looked at the other as they both ran back to their seats where they each met a very amused friend.

Kyo watched the scene with satisfaction, that’s one couple down. If only those two boys who were enjoying their friends pain so much right now, knew what was planned for them in the future. 

 

---

A/N

Sorry I'm a week late again. So much crap comes up... I just want to pause time for a few hours a day. Sorry >///<

Good news though! I finished the poster request for my Graphics class for our school's art show and I won! My classmates are getting pissed at me for winning most of the projects but if they want to get picked then they should stop creating half assed (pardon my language, I tend not to hold back that much) work. Most of them are male seniors trying to get their art credits before they graduate anyways. So that was my week. 

Anyways, Amaya wrote this chapter. You can tell because there's more from Kyo and the 'Kingkas' or whatever we call them. For this story I call them the dominant-half-of-the-males-that-won't--it-up-and-just-ask-the-others-out. My own story is making me frustrated... That's not good. Sorry if there are mistakes, I edited this chapter but I'm not that great at catching mistakes as Amaya is. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll update on time next week... Hopefully. 

I'm writing the chapter after the next and I have serious writers block. If anyone has ideas for the story I'd be happy to hear them. Comments and suggestions are awesome! ^.^ (Feel free to send me a message or post on my wall if you want. I like talking to people.)

*Credit to owner of photo

-Arrow

----------------------------------------

Yay! My chapter's up, thank you Arrow for posting it. :3 Hey guys, sorry this is so late, don't blame Arrow blame me, I wasn't writing for a while due to reasons and writer's block... whoops. 

Well I hope you guys like this chapter and on aside note- I'm really sorry I haven't updated on Jongkey ion SOOO long. Again I wasn't writing and now I don't want to ever leave you guys hanging again so I'm writing a couple chapters in advance so I can post a bunch and still have more ready to go, I almost have enough so I'm trying to get them up soon. Again, sorry about that...

I'll see you guys next week!

~Amaya