Progress

BROKEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Progress

Feeling something small and wet on his nose, made Jongin slowly wake up from his slumber. Wanting to get back into his sleep, he decided to ignore it. Which was the first mistake he made that morning, because it did not take long before he felt it again. Grunting irritatingly, he kept his eyes closed while wiping his nose, with his hand, before he tried to go back to sleep – the second mistake he made that morning, because his nose soon became a chewing toy for a little kitten, he had completely forgotten about.

“Well good morning to you too,” Jongin lazily greeted his living alarm clock, who was stretching and meowing right in front of him.  

“You’re not going to let me go back to sleep are you?” To his surprise, the little kitten went over and placed herself right beside his ear, as if she was going back to sleep, which would let him go back to sleep. But Jongin celebrated a bit too quick, because as soon as he closed his eyes, she began to nibble to his ear. *I guess that's a no*.

“Ok, ok. I’m up. So what do you want?” Jongin picked her up and looked her in the eyes. As an answer the little kitten meowed at the same time as Jongin’s stomach began to growl. *Guess you're just as hungry as I am*. Getting out of bed, Jongin went over to the mini refrigerator and found the rest of the milk that Luhan had gotten yesterday for the little kitten. Brushing his teeth while observing the her quickly finish her milk in no time, Jongin could not help but become a bit sad, since they were going to say goodbye to the little beauty today. The vibrating phone on the table made Jongin snap out of his thoughts. Happy to see the caller ID he quickly cleansed his mouth from toothpaste foam and picked up the phone. To his disappointment he realised that it might have been a case of pocket dialling.

“Hello?” He tried a couple of times, but sounds of rumbling and crumbling came in return. He was about to hang up, when her timid voice stopped him.

“Please don’t-“ he heard her say, but could not hear the rest, which made his heart beat a little faster out of nervousness.

“Meow?” he saw the little kitten tilt her head, looking confusingly at him.

“Why don’t you go and wake up Sehun and Kyungsoo, while I go see what’s going on” Jongin placed the little kitten on Sehun’s bed, before he stormed out of the room. Jongin had kept the call going until now, but it was hard for him to hear what happened. He could only hear parts of someone apologizing, but everything else was a mixture of mumbling and grumbling unclear sounds. All that was in his mind now, was that he needed to find her. When tried to call her name a couple of times through the phone without any luck, he decided to hang up only to call her again.

“Hello?” Haru answered the phone

“Hello?” Jongin answered back surprisingly, which made his reply come out as a question.

“Yes, hello?” Haru asked confused.

“Sorry for sounding so surprised, I just didn’t expect that you would pick up so quickly” Jongin hastily regained his composure.

“Oh, it’s ok…Was there a reason as to why you called?” Haru asked.

“What? Does there have to be a reason for me to call you? Can’t I just call, because I want to talk to you?” Jongin teased, after he heard her calm voice.

“No, no of course you can call…it’s just…I just thought tha-” Haru tried to explain. *Don't scare her off man* Jongin reminded himself and quickly cut her off.

“It’s ok, I’m just teasing you Haru. I actually called, because you called me first, but I couldn’t really hear anything, but you sounded so distressed and I guess I was just a bit paranoid and called you back just to hear if everything is alright, which it sounds like it is, so I guess it was just a pocket call” Jongin eagerly explained a little too fast.  *Jesus Christ Jongin. I think you forgot to tell her what colour your boxes is. You were supposed to play it cool and way to go on not scaring her off* he mentally faced-palmed himself.

“Yeah…yeah everything is fine…I just met an old…acquaintance from middle school, so everything is fine. I’m sorry for pocket dialling you so early in the morning though” she apologized.

“No worries. Our little guest had no intention of letting me sleep either way, so I was up by the time you called.” He assured.

“Oh, yeah. How is she?” It was as if he could almost see her smile by the way her voice got a little more high pitched and a little more cheery than before.

“She’s fine. She has become a living alarm clock for Kyungsoo and Sehun by now. But have you eaten breakfast yet? If you haven’t, then maybe…maybe we could go get some… you know, breakfast… together?” a deafening silent pause punched Jongin right in he stomach, right after he had asked Haru.

“but only if you want to of course” Jongin hastily tried to recover. *Seriously. I thought we agreed to play it cool* he scolded himself for sounding like a nervous fan trying to get an autograph from his idol.

“Actually…” she started unsurely, before she paused again. Jongin could swear that the 4 seconds between her stopping and beginning to speak again had felt like a very painful half an hour.

”Actually I’m already down by the morning buffet.” To Jongin, it had in the beginning sounded like a nice and easy rejection, and he had thought he had taken things too far too fast. So when she continued her sentence, he had felt more than utterly happy.

“But I’ve only just arrived and I would be really happy if you…I mean it would be really nice if we could eat breakfast together, since it has been so long since last…but that’s only if you want to?” Hearing this Jongin quickly assured Haru that he wanted nothing else but to eat breakfast with her this morning, before he then ran down to the morning buffet.

He found her standing by the various and delicious breakfast-choices. From afar it had looked like she was debating of what kind of breakfast she should choose, but when he came a little (a lot) closer, he could sense that she was simply not there mentally.

“So, is it going to be an traditional English- or Korean breakfast?”  Jongin leaned in and made her jump in surprise.

“Sorry,” he smiled sheepishly as he rubbed his neck with his hand. His closeness had taken Haru by surprise and made her heart beat way too fast for her own good. *It's just Jongin. It's just Jongin*  Haru repeated in her head and it made her almost instantly calm down.  Seeing him looking down at her, made Haru feel so much calmer than when she stood inside the elevator facing the one person she had not expected to see ever again, especially in Jeju. The ironic thing though, just a day ago Jongin had played a vital role in Haru’s nightmares, but today, today his voice made her feel so warm and safe. So when she smiled at him, there was nothing else but honesty behind it. Seeing her smile like that made him feel more than relieved and he took it as an assurance that yesterday’s talk had given her the trust to smile at him like that again. Their little moment was interrupted by an embarrassing growl of hunger echoing from both their stomachs.

“So breakfast,” Jongin cleared his throat. After a lot of consideration as to whether they were going to pick eggs and bacon or a traditional Korean breakfast, they agreed on the latter. 

“So which activity are you going to, today?” Haru asked as they sat down by the table. 

“Sehun and I heard that you and Mari were going to Gymnyeong Maze Park, so we were thinking of going there too,” Jongin picked up a piece of kimchi.  

“Really?” she asked excited

“Yeah, besides Sehun is a huge closet fan of Running man, so I don’t think he’ll want to miss it” Jongin said casually as he thoroughly inspected the kimchi between his chopsticks.

“Why would they ruin a perfectly good dish by adding grated carrots?” Jongin sighed disappointed before he put back the kimchi, from where he took it. Jongin’s dislike of vegetables was not a secret. Sure he could tolerate them if they were steamed, but there was one kind of vegetable that he would have nothing to do with even if they were steamed – carrots. During the short time that Haru had known Jongin, this had of course not passed unnoticed by. The little piece of neon orange coloured carrot that had attached itself to the kimchi and made Jongin abandon the dish as if it was poison, seemed more than harmless in Haru’s eyes. Without a second thought she picked up the piece of kimchi that Jongin had just returned and placed in .

“You really can’t taste the carrots, Jongin” she encouraged after swallowing the kimchi.

“Are you sure?” Haru nodded several times in conformation. Under Haru’s surveillance, Jongin unsurely picked a new piece of kimchi and put it in his mouth, only to regret it three chews in.

“Liar,” Jongin looked accusingly at Haru, as he coughed, before he unwillingly swallowed the kimchi and tried to drown the taste of carrot with his glass of water. Looking as if he was still choking on the tiny piece of carrot that had been on his kimchi, Haru handed him her glass of water.

“You sure you’re ok?” Haru could not help but chuckle at his overdramatic reaction to the tiny amount of carrot he had tasted.   

“I can’t believe you are laughing at my miserable state” Jongin teased dramatically.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t help it. I really don’t think that you can taste the carrots. Would you eat it if we picked off the carrots?” She watched him empty her glass of water.

“I think that I’ll pass. It has already been infected by the taste, so the kimchi is all yours,” Jongin causally picked from the other dishes.

Haru had never felt so hungry before. Every spoon of rice, every piece of meat and vegetable she consumed did not seem to fill her stomach whatsoever, but all the flavours that had seemed so bland to her these passed two weeks - spicy, sweet, sour - had come back to her with full force and she welcomed them with open arms. Jongin did not eat much during their little breakfast, not because he was not hungry, but because he simply could not look away from the girl in front of him, who was completely engrossed in the food, she seemed to fully enjoy. For every bite she took, it was as if it was her first time trying and tasting the traditional Korean dishes. Every time Haru took a piece of vegetable or meat from a dish, Jongin was right behind her and took from the same dish as well. He wanted to see, if it was as good as her facial expression and body language said it was. To Jongin’s surprise though, the dishes did not seem to be out of the ordinary. It was not they tasted bad or anything, it was just that Jongin could apparently not taste the same thing that Haru had tasted. So instead of giving himself a headache as to why they did not have the same experience with the food, he quite happily settled with watching her enjoy the meal – as creepy as it sounds. Half way through their breakfast Jongin’s phone suddenly started to vibrate, the screen blinking Kyungsoo’s name.

“We have a problem!” Jongin could hear the distress in Kyungsoo’s voice.

“Our little roomie is gone. If you know what I mean.” Kyungsoo whispered

“What do you mean gone?” Jongin stopped eating

“Well I was on my way down for some breakfast and before I could close the door, she snuck out. I’m pretty sure that she’s still inside then hotel and I’m looking for her right now, but it wouldn’t hurt with a little help,” Kyungsoo whispered. They decided to abandon their breakfast to help Kyungsoo with the hunt for the little kitten.

It did not take long before the rest of their friends had joined them as well and they had in small groups spread all over the hotel. Bo Ah had joined Haru and Jongin for the search of the little kitten at the hotels emergency stairs. Since it was almost time for their little outing with the teachers, they had decided to split up. While Jongin went up the stairs, Haru and Bo Ah went down.

“Are you and Jongin speaking to each other again?” Bo Ah’s sudden question took Haru by surprise, but she still nodded to answer the question.

“I’m sorry for asking such a strange question. It’s just, these pass weeks Jongin had been really down, and even though I don’t know what happened between the two of you, it had seemed to me that the only logical reason for his behaviour had something to do with the two of you avoiding each other. But today…today he seems happier and since the two of you were together I just assumed you two must’ve made up. I’m glad that the two of you made up though.” Not knowing what to do with yet another sudden comment from Bo Ah, Haru simply smiled.

“Bo Ah and Haru? What are you doing here?” It was not the question that made Haru and Bo Ah freeze on the spot, but the one who’d asked it.

“Haven’t you two singed up for the labyrinth trip?” the teacher looked questionably at them. Before they could answer him, he cut them off again.

“They’re going to leave soon, so hurry up and get out to the busses,” he rushes them and almost pushes the girls out of the doors and into one of the hotel’s hallways. Having their teacher literally right on their heels and no other options, Haru and Bo Ah went on their way down to the busses.  On their way, Bo Ah quickly texted Jongin about their unhelpful situation and it did not take long after she received an answer from him.

From Jongin to Bo Ah

No worries, I just found her. I’ll take her to the animal centre, so I’ll meet you by the labyrinth.

Before Haru could ask Bo Ah, what Jongin had answered, her phone started to vibrate shortly. It was a group text from Jongin to their little search force, calling off their little search for the little kitten, since he had found her on the rooftop. Haru was about to text back to Jongin, when a couple of voices caught her attention.

“OMG, it is her,” she heard someone whisper a little too loudly, but she did not think that it was her that they were talking about, until they mentioned her name.

“I told you! That’s Kang Haru,” she automatically stopped typing and looked over to where the voices had come from. Not too far away from where Bo Ah and Haru, stood two too familiar looking girls. Digging deeper into her memories, she simply kept the eye contact with the two girls a little longer. Then it suddenly hit her how stupidly naïve, she had been.

“Come on we need to tell Yeol Um.” As the girls walked passed Haru, they glared at her with disgust, before letting out a ‘’ loud enough for Haru and Bo Ah to hear.

“Excuse me-” Bo Ah tried to stop them, but before she could, Haru had grabbed Bo Ah’s arm.

“No, Bo Ah, please let’s just get to the bus,” she begged, watching the two girls continue their way. 

“But Haru, they just called you-” the taller girl still wanted to go after them.

“I know… It’s my fault…can we just go, please? The bus is waiting.” She tugged Bo Ah’s arm and the girl gave up her pursuit. Sitting in the bus, waiting for the rest of the passengers, Bo Ah could still feel the anxiety from Haru, who had not said a word since they entered the bus and simply stared out the bus window.

“Did you know them?” Waiting for Haru’s answer, Bo Ah began to doubt that the answer would come. But finally Haru decided to tear her gaze away from the window and turn towards Bo Ah and nodded to her question.

“We went to middle school together. We were from the same class,” she elaborated, without looking at Bo Ah. Stupid. That was how Haru felt right now. She felt stupid for not being prepared for the encounter with her old classmates. She felt so stupid for not anticipating it, especially after bumping into Lee Cheol Woo, this morning. Adding to the feeling of stupidity was the emerging feeling of anxiety – the anxiety of the inevitable meeting with Lee Yeol Um.        

“But why would they call you…that?” Haru did not answer the question and from her uncomfortable body language - her stiff seating position, her inconsistence breaths, her avoidance of eye contact, her quivering hands - Bo Ah knew that Haru would not.

“I’m sorry. I did not mean to pressure on like that. You can just tell me when you ready and feel comfortable. And I promise that I won’t tell anyone about it, so just take it easy and don’t stress about it” the taller girl smiled encouraging at the girl beside her. At the promise Haru finally dared to look at Bo Ah in appreciation.

“Thank you,” she managed to mutter, before the rest of the passengers had finally turned up and entered the bus.

“Hey, did you get the message from Jongin?” Luhan asked, with the rest of the search force right behind him, except from Jongin of course.

 

                “So…I guess this is a goodbye then,” Jongin sighed. With her big blue eyes, she stared right back at him as if se did not understand what he said.

“Don’t look at me like that. We both knew that it would end this way,” he tried to explain, but she tilted her head as if she did not understand.

“Meow?” she was now standing on two legs with two of front paws sticking out from the breathing holes in the glass window. He could not help but touch her tiny, soft, pink paw pads. A soft giggle and a small flash of light suddenly tore his attention away from the little kitten in front of him. Looking towards the source, Jongin found the young veterinary nurse standing partially hidden behind the doorframe with the camera of her phone pointed towards his direction. He then realised how silly he must have looked, squatting in front of the little cage, where the kitten was, while having a conversation with her as if she was a real human being, as he gently her tiny paw pads.

“Ms. Kwon, what do you think you’re doing?” the chief veterinarian and owner of the animal centre, suddenly appeared behind the nurse.

“I’m so sorry for this. I’ll have her delete the picture immediately,” she shot the nurse a disappointed look before they quickly left Jongin alone with the little kitten. Looking into her begging light sky blue eyes, he could not help but let out a defeated sigh.

“*Sigh* I don’t even like cats that much,” Jongin mumbled before he called the veterinarian.

 

                The incidents from this morning had left Haru feeling out breath and out of energy, but she did not want to call attention to herself, so she had made up her mind to carry out the plan for today and entered the labyrinth with the others. But her mind was completely occupied with what had happened though. So when she saw another group of students getting out of a bus she could not help but look if there were any familiar face among the newly arrived students and as she quickly scanned the crowd her heart beat away, pumping the blood through her small body, giving her sweaty hands, giving her a nervous rushes through her body.

“Haru?” flinching by the sound, Haru turned around to see who had suddenly touched her shoulder.

“Hey, I’m sorry. I was calling you a few times, but you didn’t answer,” she watched Jongin apologize and quickly assured him that it was everything was fine.

“Were you looking for someone?” Jongin looked in the direction of where Haru had looked and found a large group of students.

“No, no. I wasn’t looking for anyone,” hastily claimed, grabbing his sleeve, with the aim to make him stop looking at the students.  As he looked down at her she realized what she had done and quickly let go and turned her eyes to the ground. *What are you thinking? He wouldn’t know who they were anyway*

“So, where are the others?” Looking behind her, Haru surprisingly found no one. She had been completely focused on the newly arrived group of people that she had not realized that the others had already entered the labyrinth.

“I don’t know. They were right here before… They must’ve entered, when I wasn’t paying attention,” she said absentmindedly, as she without success tried to look for them. Her confused look made Jongin let out a chuckle. He just could not believe that the others could have walked out on her without her noticing it.        

“Do you want to go find them?” He thought that his suggestion would bring a bit of enthusiasm and joy into her, but surprisingly the only emotion he could see in her eyes and body was exhaustion.

“Or is it better that we get a cup of coffee at the café over there?” she timidly nodded at his suggestion, because staying at the café instead of joining the labyrinth-game would mean there would be less probability of running into people she might know or people who might recognise her.

“Haru, Jongin!” a familiar voice made both of them stop and as they turned around, they found Bo Ah running towards them.

“Hey. Where were you? We turned around and suddenly you weren’t there, so we tried to call you, but you didn’t pick up either” she said a bit out of breath, as she caught up with them. Fishing her phone out from her pocket, Haru could see that they there were a couple of missed calls, but she had simply not noticed her phone vibrate.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I guess my mind was…else where,” she smiled apologetically.

“Don’t worry about. We just wanted to make sure that you weren’t lost. Where’re you going? Aren’t you going to join the others?” Bo Ah returned the smile. Her wonder was met with momentarily silence, but when Haru was about to break it, Jongin cut her off.

“No. I’m pretty tired. So, I convinced Haru to keep me company by the café over there,” Jongin could feel Haru’s hesitance and if he was right on his assumptions, Haru would have agreed to join the rest of the group, if he had not jumped in, and from what he could sense and see from her body language, that was not what she needed nor wanted.

“Oh, okay. Then I’ll leave you be and get back to the others,” Bo Ah quickly phoned Kyungsoo.

“Ok, where do I go again? Straight, turn right, straight, turn right…no was it left…no. Ok I’m a bit confused, could you please repeat that?” the two overheard Bo Ah get instruction as to where the group were.

“Bo Ah, wait. Why don’t you join us, if you want to?” Haru grabbed Bo Ah’s hand before she could walk away from them.

“Thanks, but I don’t want to intrude,” Bo Ah smiled.

“You’re not. Besides I don’t think you’d be able to find them,” Jongin assured. After arguing back and forth for a few times the three ended up sitting by the window ready to order. 

“So, it’ll be two large Americanos and one small Green Tea. Would you like something to eat with that? I can recommend our famous and freshly baked triple chocolate chip muffins,” the waitress asked enthusiastically.

“That sounds great. We’ll get three muffins to our coffee and tea,” Bo Ah said, before anyone could intervene.

“Actually, do you have something fruity? Maybe fruit salad or something?” Jongin suddenly asked, making the waitress stop her scribbling.

“Actually, we do. We have a fruit salad with strawberry, mango, papaya and kaki fruit, topped with whipped crème,” the waitress answered even more enthusiastic than before.

“Then can we have two triple chocolate chip muffins and one fruit salad, with the rest of our order instead please,” Jongin smiled at the waitress, who returned his smile with disbelieving joy and enthusiasm.

“Most certainly. I’ll be right back with your order,” and with that she disappeared.

“Since when have you become a fruit person?” Bo Ah chuckled and looked at Jongin.

“It’s not for me. It’s for Haru, she is not a triple chocolate chip muffin person,” he simply smiled and eyed Haru. His answer resulted in a long apology from Bo Ah about how she had not asked Haru before she ordered.

“It’s fine. Besides it’s not like I can’t eat it, it’s just that I prefer fruits over sweets,” she looked thankfully at Jongin.

“For a moment there I thought that Jongin, who’d sworn to chocolate and sweets since I’ve first met him, had suddenly stopped. Let me tell you about this one time, where we were hiding in his bedroom after we had stolen this big box of chocolate his mom was gifted for her birthday. I think we were 10-” Bo Ah’s anecdote was suddenly interrupted.

“8, we were 8” Jongin said, continuously shifting his eyes from the window and the table, looking a bit embarrassed. As Bo Ah continued her anecdote, the waitress had come with their refreshments.

“Ok, ok, we were 8. But that’s not important. The important thing was that we weren’t supposed to eat chocolate so close to dinner and we definitely weren’t supposed steal his mom’s gift, but we did. We were so afraid to be found out, so we found the best hiding place any 8-year-olds could find in a bedroom, which was on his bed, under his duvet,” Bo Ah told, eyeing Jongin, who was looking more and more embarrassed as the story continued.

“So we quickly, stuffed our mouths with chocolate. We were so nervous and ate the 50 pieces of chocolate so quickly, I don’t even think that we enjoyed it, or taste how expensive it was. Then one of his maids suddenly knocked on the door telling us that dinner was ready. We panicked, so we quickly finished the box and got rid of it, but our mouths and hands we’re smeared with chocolate, so we quickly cleaned them on his white sheet and covered his bed with the duvet, before we went down for dinner,” Bo Ah stopped and began to giggle, while Jongin suddenly let his forehead fall onto the table.

“Can you please just finish the story and end my miseries?” he mumbled.

“I thought you wanted to tell the rest,” she teased, which let to an irritated grumble from Jongin, who had not lifted his head from the table.

“Ok, ok. So after dinner I went home with my parents and the next morning when I came back to play, the first thing I saw was that some of the maids had white surgical masks and gloves on. It looked like they were going into surgery or something. Then I heard from one of them say that the young Mr Kim had had a not so charming accident last night. How do I put this in a nice way?...Well aside from the already chocolate smeared bed, we had apparently also not paid enough attention when we ate the chocolate, and some of it must've ended up on his white bed sheet, which we, as I mentioned, covered with the duvet. When Jongin had gone to bed the night, I guess he hadn’t noticed the small chocolate bits in his bed and forgotten that we had cleaned our hands and mouths on his bed, and as you know chocolate melts at the slightest rise of temperature. His mom put him on a strict fibre rich diet for the next three weeks.” When Bo Ah’s not so discreet hint ended the story, Jongin was too embarrassed to look up. But when the expected laughter from Haru did not come, Jongin felt puzzled and decided against his judgement to look up – which of course was a mistake. He found Haru looking anywhere else but at him, her body trembling a bit and lips completely sealed trying not to let out any kind of sound. Letting out a sigh, he decided to start the inevitable.

“It’s ok, you can laugh at me,” he said, putting his for head back on the table. As soon as his head hit the table he heard her soft and crisp laughter.

“I’m sorry…I really don’t mean to laugh at you, but-” she tried to explain through her laugh. Even though Jongin felt embarrassed as hell, he could not help but feel affected by her laugh, as he let out a hidden smile. *I wouldn't mind being the one you're laughing at, if you could keep that smile on your face* taken a bit aback, by his sudden thought he lifted his head in surprise.

“I heard one of the maids say that his pants was covered in it,” Bo Ah laughed.

“But, why didn't you just tell that it was chocolate?” The petite girl’s laughter had died down a bit.

“We weren't supposed to eat so close to dinner and it was stolen goods. Besides, I would've told if it wasn't for you and that stupid diet your mom and ballet teacher had put you on, ” Jongin explained, looking anywhere else but the girls as his cheeks tinted pink.

“Oh, so it's my fault now?” Bo Ah laughed

“Yeah, we both know, how they would have reacted if they knew that you had eaten all that chocolate,” Jongin explained, as a matter of fact.

“Well I guess, I'll have to thank you, my hero,” Bo Ah said dramatically and let out a huge grin.*Their Friendship* Haru thought. She could not help but smile at their small interaction with each other. Just a couple of weeks ago, Jongin was still angry and had not been ready to forgive Bo Ah yet, but today, he was sitting at a café sharing anecdotes and joking about the past. Being as careless, as Haru could be, she did not notice the strawberry she had picked up, was slowly gliding of off the fork and before she could stop it, it had already ended on her laps, but not before leaving a red tail on her white t-shirt. Excusing herself, she hurried to the restrooms, to save her t-shirt.

Miserably trying to get the stain off her t-shirt, it only seemed like she was rubbing the stain in instead of removing it. The door suddenly opened, making Haru look up in surprise, because she was sure that she had locked before. To her horror, she was now looking at the one person, she had been hoping not to run into.

“Oh, we’re sor-” the girl started, but as soon as she saw Haru, her smile disappeared and was replaced by anger and disgust. Completely frozen the two girls stood and stared at each other, for a long time. 

“Yeol Um-ah, what are you doing?” Haru heard a couple of girls’ voices ask and as they entered, Haru recognized them to be the ones she had run into earlier.

“OMG, what are you doing here?” One of them asked, as she pulled Yeol Um protectively behind them.    

“Are you stalking us or something? Yeol Um was nice enough to let it go easy, so can’t you just get over it?!” The other added, and before Haru could deny anything, another voice entered.

“What are you doing? Haru are you ok?” Haru found Jongin standing behind the three girls, trying to get through.

“Listen, this is none of your business. Besides it’s the women’s restrooms, so why don’t you just move on,” one of the girls began.

“You made it my business when you started to harass my friend,” Jongin said sternly, as he squeezed his way through the girls and got over to Haru.

“Us harassing her?! If you knew what she had done you wouldn't be fr-“ before she could finished, Yeol Um cut her off.

“So Ra-ah, Jae Ra-ah, it’s fine. Let’s go,” Yeol Um grabbed the girls’ hands and tried to pull them out of the restroom. With much struggle and protests from So Ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter