First Encounter

BROKEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First Encounter

With his backpack hanging on his shoulder Sehun closed the front door to his apartment and walked over to the elevator. As he pressed the down button, he checked his phone, which stated 7:45 A.M. Instead of waiting for the elevator he had just requested, Sehun started to run down the stairs, as he realized that he was going to be late. In his hurry he almost bumped into a rather tired looking girl exiting the flat below his. But luckily he had managed to stop on the last few steps of the stairs, before he could crash into her. Startled by his sudden appearance the girl had backed up while letting out a little sound of surprise. Looking down at her Sehun noticed the identical school batch logo, and similar colours their uniforms shared. As the girl looked up and met Sehun’s gaze, she not only realized that they were from the same school, but worst of all it hit her that she was looking at the Oh Sehun, one of the rather popular boys in their entire school.

Feeling a bit self-conscious about how she looked, a light pink colour had started to taint her cheeks, and she had then quickly looked down at the apartment’s hallway-floor again. Getting a closer look at the girl, Sehun noticed her messy bed hair and wrongly button shirt, and if he had not known any better, she would have looked like any other tired student, who were running late for school. A sudden noise from the apartment startled them both.

“You didn’t look that shy last night” a deep voice could be heard from the door opening.

Despite being out of Sehun’s point of view, the smirk on the speaker’s lips, was still as visible for Sehun, as if he was standing face to face with the speaker himself – Sehun had after all known Jongin almost all his life, and he is fully acquainted with his long-time friend’s behaviour.

“You forgot this” a finger became visible through the door opening, as the Jongin spoke again. Near the end of the fingertip a white-laced bra could be found dangling from side to side.

“Or was it perhaps a present for me?” he teasingly continued.

In the split of a second, the girl realized what Jongin was holding, all the blood and heat she had in her entire body had seemed to gather in her cheeks, making them change from a light pink to deep red. Out of pure embarrassment the girl had not been able to look neither of the boys in the eyes, when she grabbed her belongings and ran down the stairs. Jongin stepped out of his apartment and stood in front of Sehun, only wearing pair of boxers and that smirk of his.

 ”Oh Sehun long time no see! Haven’t seen that stone-face of yours since 5.b moved in. What? You don’t have time for your friends anymore?” Jongin asked while crossing his arms and leaning up against the wall. Sehun knew better than to take the hurt facial expression that had appeared on Jongin’s face, at the end of his teasing question seriously.

“It doesn’t look like you have any time for me either way. What is she, the third this week?” Sehun answered with no expression on his face, his eyes gesturing down the stairs the girl had fled down from.

“Oh touché. Have you been stalking me?” Jongin grinned.  

“So you’ve moved on to the innocent-type huh?” Sehun said teasingly, avoiding Jongin’s question.

“For you’re information she wasn’t that innocent last night. You know me Sehun.” Sehun could only shake his head at his friend’s cheeky answer. But Jongin was right, he did know Jongin well enough, to know that despite Jongin’s enticing words, bad boy image, mischievous and flirty personality, countless of girls fell for, he would never have slept with her, if she had not been willing to. 

“Well aren’t you going to get dressed? We are going to be late” Sehun looked at his friend’s boxers, calling out on his lack of clothing.

“Nah, I’ll just come in later. You go first and if you hurry up you might catch up with 5.b, she just left like 5 minutes ago” Jongin yawned lazily.

“And you call me a stalker?” and with that Sehun ran down the stairs.

 

                It was by lunch-hour that Jongin finally had pulled himself together to get dressed and go to school. Since this apartment was not far away, it did not take long before he had reached the school. Standing not far away from the school gates, Jongin discussed with himself whether or not he should walk through the gates or if he should enter the school through the hidden entrance, only known by him and his closest friends. He was very well aware of the patrolling teachers, who by this time were just waiting to hand out detention to those students, who were either brave or stupid enough to try ditching school by going through the gates, or in his case come in late. As a result of his parents’ good friendship with the principle and their financial support to the school, the teachers’ hands and feet were tied, when it came to Jongin. They did not dare give him detention or even reprimand him for that matter, because of his parents’ influence. Their dissatisfaction of how powerless they became around Jongin, was shown through the dirty and condescending looks filled with frustration and hatred, they often shot him. Normally Jongin would just ignore them, he knew that there was not anything he could or would do to make them change their minds about him, when they had already set on seeing him as a spoiled brat, who was relying on his parents’ connections and wealth. But today he felt somewhat tired and a bit more impatient than usual. He decided that he could not cope with more dirty and condescending looks than necessary and snuck pass the school gates.  

The school consisted of a newly renovated, modern, 'L'-shaped main building, which did not only contain the usual classes a high school might have, but it also had an indoor gym. Right outside beside the gym, one could find the newly established athletic field. While on the other side of the gym, a bit further away, a separate, older looking school library could be found, where a long “outdoor hallway” connected it to the main building. This establishment was surrounded by a yellow stonewall, tall enough to hide the school from the curious eyes outside it. The black gates seemed to be the only entrance to the school grounds for the eyes of an outsider, but what they did not know was that there was another way in to the school. A door, long forgotten by the teachers and principle, since the renovation of the main building started, and hidden by time and nature both from the inside and outside of the wall. Jongin and his friends had accidentally stumbled across it, when they had started their first year of high school last year, but they had never questioned why the door had been there or to which purpose it had served, before becoming either their escape- or entrancing plan. Whether it was escaping or entrancing the school, the door had never failed them in their time of need, and it was not going to fail Jongin now. Fighting through endless bushes and other wild plants, Jongin finally found the door. As he had entered it, he found himself hidden by the bushes and the big cherry tree, with the newly renovated main building in front of him and the library only a few meters to his right. Through the big cafeteria windows facing the library, he could see his group of friends, except from Sehun, sitting at the usual place by the window enjoying their food. Jongin suddenly heard the sound of a group of girls coming his way.

“Why aren’t Kai or Sehun in school today?” he heard one of them whine.

Kai - was the name he went by at school, it was for those people who did not really know him, while Jongin, his real name, - was reserved for the ones he held close, for those who knew the real him. He pondered about Sehun’s absence, but quickly shrugged it off, when he heard the sound of the group of girls coming nearer, which made him step further back into his hiding place. Not feeling all that social or hungry at the moment and convinced that no one would be in the librar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter