Chapter 7 - I Approve

Screw This Thing Called Love

--

A/N: Doctor says I should lay low for now so I decide to update this thing to the best of my ability. After a GOOD while of struggling to write this damn chappie, it's finally up! I'd reply to all ur comments you made, but yeah my arm is slightly stinging ATM. Just know that I appreciate ALL who comments ♥ Anyways EJOY! ^^

 

 

CHANGMIN'S POV

 

As I hold her in my arms quite awkwardly, I can't help but notice how much lighter she has gotten since the last time. Choi Sooyoung, haven't I always told you once before to eat at least every thirty minutes? Babo, why didn't you ever listen to me? I lay her gently back down onto the seat and request for some help from the stewardess. Sooyoung needs food in her right now...I just know it.

"Excuse me, but my friend here needs some sort of food...maybe something more satisfying than peanuts."

The ? This woman simply says that the best thing to do right now is just let her rest. She obviously knows about Sooyoung; she's not the same like other girls. I can't help but get a tad bit pissed off as she walks away.

"Starving is nonexistent in her vocabulary. Bring her to a restaurant and she'll skip the damn salad section and go straight to the steaks. She'll order not just one, but two...maybe even three.  Rest you say? Are you dumb? The only way that she'll feel relaxed is if she gets something down !!"

 

I know I caused a commotion as I feel the extra pairs of eyes staring at me from every direction. I know I shouldn't have talked to the worker in this sort of matter either, but damn I swear the rule is 'the customer is always right'...so just give me some damn food if I request some! Ugh, I hate interfering with other people's petty lives, but Sooyoung needs food...so I'll get her fired if I need to.  

I can see her eyes take on a glassy shine. Damn, Changmin you rude guy. If there's one thing that I really hate, it's those type of men who dare to make girls cry...yet here I am doing the same thing. Although I know for a fact that this chick is wrong for just brushing off my request so easily, I know very well that I shouldn't take out my anger on her.

*breathe in, breathe out*

I calmly appolgize for being rude and pretend to reconsider what she suggested.  I look over to my side and see that Sooyoung's face is scrunched up; her eyebrows furrowing...she must be cold. There's nothing much I can do about the plane being a few degrees too low for her taste. I slip off my casual blue cotton blazer I have on and gently place it over her. I make sure to cover her up fully as I tug on every square inch of the piece of clothing.

 

I quickly stand up and head to the washroom before taking a quick glance at this clammy Choi Sooyoung, who looks nothing like how she's suppose to. My hands ruthlessly pull down a couple pieces of tissues and wet it cold with water. The mirror in front of me showcases a reflection that I don't know of ---a person who is worried, concerned, a person who seems to still give a damn about Sooyoung.

The unfamiliarity of it distracts me from the fact that my hands could possibly face frostbite from the constant contact of the freezing water still splashing down on me. It is only after a few minutes when the pain in my hand starts to kick in. I pull it out quickly and turn the faucet off with my shaky fingertips.  Slowly, I walk out of the small stall down the walkway and back to the girl who once meant the entire world to me.  

That's right...ONCE MEANT THE WORLD TO ME...THAT WAS BEFORE, NOT NOW.

 

I sit down casually and place the wet tissues upon her forehead. I brush her long bangs to the side. The touch of her silky hair upon my hands still feels the same. For some reason, I can't help but continue to just brush her hair with my hands. It reminds me how it use to be...

 

====================

FLASHBACK

 

They sat in the abandoned benches in the back of their school overlooking the empty football field that stood before them. No one would ever set a foot out during the blazing summer season back then. She had her head placed perfectly upon his lap with her long legs spreading out over the remaining free space of the bench. In her hands she held the latest edition of the monthly magazine, 'Food for the Stomach'. In all reality, Sooyoung couldn't quite cook; however, she did have the ability to mix up a pretty killer pot of ramen. People would always wonder why she spent so much money subscribing to a recipe mag, but the answer was simple...because of the picture perfect photos of the food. Changmin on the other hand would kick back and swim in the melody of the music that filled his ears through his mp3 player while he closed his eyes.  

More than often, Changmin would open his eyes only to see the expensive magazine covering his girlfriend's beautiful face. Maybe it was the feeling of comfort in the form of Changmin's lap that always tempted Sooyoung, allowing her to sleep softly in an instant.  He'd carefully slip the magazine from her small hands and fold it nicely before packing it back into her bag. During times like these, he'd stare down at her peaceful sleeping face. The slight curl of her full eyelashes always surprised him as he'd lightly trace them with his index finger; smiling from the tingles it gave him. His hand always found its way Sooyoung's long locks. The feeling of the rich brown strands of hair running through his hands smoothly would engrave its way into his memory.  

A few times, she'd wake up from his slight touch and just sweetly flash him the smile that he loved to see.

They often found refuge in this area, doing these simple things...just the two of them.

====================

 

She could feel something slowly running its way down her hair. It was the same familiar touch that always made her heart flutter like a butterfly. She weakly opened her eyes and saw the same person.

Shim Changmin.

For a split second Sooyoung sees the gentle face that she once smiled effortlessly for. But that was just a split second, until she realized that time has passed, things are different, he's different, she's different, THEY were different. She slaps his hand away from her face with the little strength she has in her.

 

"Don't touch me! You have no right to touch me!"

 

Her words surprises him. A small fraction inside of himself would like to continue, but he drifts his entire body away as she wishes. Since she's now talking so haughtily like how she usually is, there's no need for him to take any special notice on her anymore.

That's right, why should he bother himself in her affairs? No reason to do so.

 

"You looked like a possessed octopus with your hair all messily covering your less than attractive face of yours. I was simply brushing your strands away for the sake of the children aboard on this plane...I didn't want them to have night mares. Don't think too highly of yourself Sooyoung."

He casually makes up a lie from the top of his head which surprisingly came easily, despite how different it was from reality. He turns his back towards her. Changmin can't stand looking at her anymore.

 

"Pshh, ert, your excuses won't work on me."

Sooyoung reaches down for her belongings when she realizes the blazer that was carefully placed on top of her. Her heart tweaks with an odd sensation for a quick moment before she throws the cloth off of her and towards the back of Changmin that's in her line of vision.

As his shirt hits him, he can't help but take a peek over at what the girl is now up to. He sees her gathering her stuff and walking away. Sooyoung moves a few  meters away from him towards the front of the plane and plops herself in an available seat.

 

 It's for the best to stay away...they both think.

I guess this is goodbye, their minds whisper in their thoughts towards each other.

 

 

CHANGMIN'S POV

 

I can barely see her now. He small head is just slightly visible from the side. This girl can't even ing say thank you to me? Oh well, that's not my concern anymore.

I flip through the limited channels searching for a movie to watch in order to clear my thoughts when I finally hit the jackpot.

YES HARRY POTTER ES!!!!

I recline the chair a tad bit in order to absorb the awesomeness before my eyes to the very little bits and pieces when someone jumps down beside me. You have got to be ing ting me right now...interrupting my Harry Potter?!?!?!? Who the hell....

 

"Oh, this is a good movie! You know in the end...."

 

Who the is this dude? Just a good movie he says??? WTF kind of sane person just refers to a HP movie as only being good. It's bloody brilliant! The guy is even spoiling the ending to me, a random stranger...This bastard is lucky that I watched it already or else I would have punched that stupid grinning face off of him right away. He seems interesting though...

 

"Uhh pardon my language, but who the are you?"

He looks a bit taken off guard, but he's acting way too friendly towards someone he doesn't know.

"Aigoo mianhae. I'm just like you...just gotten into a fight with my girl as well--just like you. Women huh? Nothing ever seems to please em."

I look at this guy dumbfounded. He's spilling out his life story to me so freely as if I give a damn.

"B-Bwoh? A fight with my girl?"

He points to the front. My eyes follow the direction of where he's pointing to...Choi Sooyoung. Oh man, this guy has got the wrong idea.

"OH NO, WE'RE NOT...IT'S NOT LIKE THAT. YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG."

"You guys broke up just like that?!?!" the guy shouts out loudly as if needs to warn everyone that the world is going to end. this mother er is loud. I give him a manly punch to the arm to make him shut up.

"Who the are you?!"

 

"Shhh. Chingu, shut up. Here it comes."

The freak pulls me down to a half assed head lock as we watch a stewardess roll up near Sooyoung. She hands on over a tray of food much to Sooyoung's delight of course. She charges at the food like no tomorrow, heading straight for the meat and ignoring the small side of salad until the very end. I told you so...about her and meat...

I look over to this unknown guy beside me.  "..."

 

"Oh don't worry...I somewhat heard your little hissy fit you were going on about earlier...honestly, who didn't? No offense man but you're pretty loud."

WTF? Pshh this guy got some jokes up his sleeve too. Me loud? Then what the hell do you call him?

"I basically fiddled into your small relationship problems and played cupid. You're welcome man. But from what you just said...it looks like you guys are done? Well then welcome to the single life my dear brother."

I guess his little fight with his girl didn't go quite well...

He makes himself more comfortable in the seat beside mine as if it's been his all along. He waves his finger up in the air and orders two bottles of soju. The guy is ing epic I tell you. We raise the liquor up highly in the air.

 

"SCREW THIS THING CALLED LOVE!"

We playfully shout like hooligans not too loud, but not too soft either.  

"Shim Changmin," I introduce to the interesting guy as I offer him a handshake.

 

 

 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun...hmm this guy is priceless. I approve of him becoming a friend to the Shim Changmin (Yes, I sometimes refer to myself as a third person...got a problem with that? Go screw yourself then). 

 

--

A/N: BTW, no Min & Kyu will NOT develop any 'feelings' for each other if anyone was thinking that way o.O