Chapter 8 - Second Home

Screw This Thing Called Love

SOOYOUNG’S POV

 

Sometimes I just want to smack a .

 

My expensive suede patented five inch pumps by the one and only Betsey Jonhson decided that today would be a wonderful glorious day to screw me over. you heels next time I’m relying on sneakers.

I wasn’t even running THAT fast…well maybe I kind of pushed the limit, but I’m seriously late. Ugh I can only imagine their faces when I come in a good few hours late; something that I would definitely like to avoid. I can just hear the laughter...

The heel, the heel that beautifully showcased my calves broke off like a tip of an iceberg --a $230 shoe gone. Some little kid even decided that my small embarrassing moment was the perfect time to point and laugh at the top of his lungs. Yeah, why not add more to my humiliation why don’t you?

 

Oh don’t I have the best luck... I meet my ert of an ex, miss my initial flight, faint, and then wake up beside that very same that I hoped would just disappear.

Would someone like to switch lives???

 

I finally see the last of my luggage appearing in the pick up area and I can’t help but wonder where that freak went. Last thing I remember is hearing his annoying laughter from the back of the plane. Stupid laugh of his interrupted my perfect moment. I somehow received my meal ahead of others and I joyfully devoured the thing as Harry Potter played on the screen.

From the looks of it, it seemed like he found company. Couldn't really hear nor see who it was though. Was it a girl? Ahh whatever, I don’t care. Then again, of course it’s most likely a female. Condoms are probably flying off the shelves all thanks to him. He’s probably headed over to that chick’s pad right about now. You know, getting that "welcome back to Seoul " type of probably. Shim Changmin, you nasty freak…I think he needs to get sanitized. Anyone else that agrees put your hands up.

 

Anywaysssss, I collect the last of my belongings and hail a cab. After paying way over what I intended to pay for fare, I sluggishly begin to walk. My wallet is extra light after my little escapade. I can only hear the jingle of random small amounted coins while the smell of fresh crispy bills is no longer present.  I spot the glistening faded canary yellow cream-ish building a few steps ahead. It seriously needs a new paint job if you ask me…

This place is none other than my second home. The place where I literally have spilt my sweat, blood, and tears at. It has been countless years since I had first entered into the place that has shaped me into the lovely being that I am today. In other words, people often refer to my sanctuary as the SM Entertainment building. I think you’ve probably heard of the place…if not then I suggest that you continue to live under that rock that has been hiding you from the world.

 

As of now, I’m just a trainee. Besides me there are a few other boys, girls, and even conjoined twins. You’ll understand what I mean later on since I know they’re hiding nearby doing who knows what.

Ever since I was little I had this greed to grace the stage and perform in front of an audience. While kids learned how to walk and talk, my mother says that dancing and singing came naturally right away (and my mama never lies! ahaha). All those people at that high school reunion of mine believe that I’ve been wasting my life away, buying into my lie that I’m a regular waitress at a random restaurant. The fact is that well all trainees sign a disclosure in agreement to keep company affairs private, unless stated otherwise. Basically, I live two different lives, but only one is real.

 

As I’m walking towards the gate, I can’t help but hear nothing. That my dear friends is the scariest ever. Silence is non existent in this place. There’s always something heard, but today it’s different. I can hear my footsteps along the asphalt, the birds up above chirping happily, and the whistles of the wind blowing by. I feel like I'm walking into a trap, playing the lead role in a horrow film where I'm about to face a scary death.

 

I reach forward for the main entrance door when something ing hits my head. I know for a fact that it’s gonna leave a mark. I hear it bounce down to the floor. My eyes are met with the circular black and white object…a soccer ball.

…ugh here it comes that loud shrieking. Wait for it….let the countdown begin.

5…4…3…2…1

 

“Eun Kyang Kyang!!!!!! Eun Kyang Kyang!!!! Eun Kyang Kyang!!!!!”

His laughter pierces my ears every single time I hear it; high pitched and somewhat more annoying with every listen if that was even possible.

 

Xiah Junsu.

He’s a trainee just like me who is as cute as a button. No matter what gender you are, everyone has this tempting feeling to just poke him…yeah, he’s that adorable. Innocent like a new born child, Junsu is someone who’s easily targeted to playfully bully. His footwork is second to none both on the soccer field and on the dance floor.

 

Trailing beside him just a few steps away is his partner in crime.

Lee Hyuk Jae. We simply call him Eunhyuk.

No matter where they are, if you see one of them, the other is most likely just seconds away. I swear those two are practically joined by the hips. Similarly to Junsu, Eunhyuk has some serious moves that can just plain out spell talent. One quick tip for you all if ever you come across Eunhyuk: if you go out to eat, make sure that Junsu is present as well (although it’s practically a given since the two are forever glued to each other). Reason being is simply because Eunhyuk is probably the stingiest person that walks this earth. He won’t ever give you that extra bowl of rice that he obviously won’t be eating, yet argues otherwise. Honestly, he has a pretty decent appetite…but it’s still nothing to be compared with mine. Other times he claims to be forever broke.

Stingy Eunhyuk...another trainee.

 

Although they don’t quite look like each other, the two are basically conjoined twins; siblings that are from different families, but cannot be separated EVER! No matter how hard you try, they will always find each other again.  

 

“Sooooyyyyoooouuunnnngggg-sssssiiii~”

Junsu sings aloud with that angelic voice of his. Damn, shivers whenever I hear him belt out a melody, even one so simple as that.

“Why are you late? What have you been doing? What happened with your shoes? Why do you have luggage? Do you know that you’re late? Did you think you can sneak in without us finding out?”

I laugh a tiny bit as Eunhyuk attempts to rap his questions with one breath, but obviously fails as he now is trying desperately to search for oxygen.

 

“…”

“I think not~”

The two of them strike a pose while they swing their index finger at me. They think they’re cute, but their aegyo won’t work on everyone. I don’t even know what to say about those two…I really can’t deal with them right now because I know for a fact that I’ll try to throw a swing at their overflowing-vomit-provoking-annoying  cuteness that’s just not humanly attractive (at least to me). I push through the human wall that they form before me and we all end up laughing like a group of hyenas drunk on happiness that was foolishly started.

 

“Sooyoung.”

It’s Jung ‘U-Know’ Yunho.

 

We all freeze and gulp down our laughter that is now replaced with silence. His voice is serious and so is his gaze. I take tiny steps towards the six footer while the two idiots whisper in a not so low voice, “good luck”. I’m certain that the guy heard it though…ugh they are always too loud for their own good. I stand before him with my knees slightly shaking. He’s so damn intimidating sometimes that I just can’t think properly. He grabs my luggage and we walk towards the practice room where I know for a fact that he’s gonna make me do countless voice warm up exercises.

 

Yunho is like the all mighty trainee. Everyone respects what he says and follows his orders. He’s basically like the father of all of us. He often feels a slight burden to take responsibility for us all, but every now and then we get to see the adorable soft side of him that rarely pokes through the surface.

I fidget with the loosened strand of fabric from my shirt all the while avoiding his eyes that I feel are burning down on me. Ugh seriously the guy needs to just say whatever is on his mind right now. It’s ing making me nervous and he knows that too…

 

“Someone called for you.”

“B-Bwoh?”

 

His simple sentence accompanied by a calm tone of voice surprises me since I was waiting for the whiplash of complaints for being a tardy, irresponsible trainee that doesn’t know what she has talk.

Someone. Just who exactly was this someone? I don’t understand why the the first name that popped into my mind was Changmin. When in all reality, he doesn’t even know my phone number anymore. For countless years it was his number that occupied my very first speed dial, his text messages that filled my inbox, and my minutes would waste away all thanks to him. Now that I think about it, Changmin was no longer present in my life in that sort of way anymore.

For some reason, I feel like a half empty glass of water.

 

My mind goes blank for a split second before Yunho’s voice snaps my sense back.

 

 

“Disneyland.”

“…”

“Namja…knows English…name was like that thing in Disneyland...wondered why you haven’t arrived yet.”

 

He scratches the top of his head for a bit as his face scrunches up in confusion. His long legs begin to make small circles on the floor and I know for a fact that he’s in an awkward position right now. There it is ladies and gentlemen, the cotton candy side of Yunho. Although it’s subtle, he has his moments (even though he refuses to be called ‘cute’). 

 

“Arasseo.”

Yunho quickly leaves the room in an odd manner and I can’t help but smirk at the rare sight before deciding to call Micky back.

 

"Hello? Summer?? Did you only arrive there now?"

"Mmhmmm. It's alright I'm fine. You don't need to worry Changmin."

"...Summer, it's Micky not Changmin. It's Micky Yoochun..."

 

-------------------------------

A/N: That's right I decided to include the SM ing family bwuahaha &&& HYUK-SU!!!!!!!! ♥ bcuz they tweeted to each otherrrrrrrrrrr~ errr so yeah, as wierd as it may be, Sooyoung and the rest are trainees who are somewhat old-er than the norm (since she graduated high school & all that) ahaha XP

Sorry for the filler chapter that doesn't quite end with any suspense, but I felt like writing so there it is...lol