Chapter 3 - As in the Mouse?

Screw This Thing Called Love

SOOYOUNG'S POV

 

"Do I know you?"

 

You know what I hate? People who you obviously know and yet they ignore you like an idiot. In other words, Shim Changmin.

Sure, we both would probably enjoy it if we were in fact strangers...that would possibly be the best farking day ever. But the fact is the guy is my ex. As much as I hate to say it...that's the truth. I don't quite shout from excitement because of it...him getting the privilege of that title is such a waste if you ever ask me. Changmin is simply now just an acquaintance? frenemy? Ugh let's just say he's like a side dish. You don't really give a damn if it's there or not since your life doesn't solely rely on the thing; it's not the main dish, but when it's present you sure do get a kick out of it. Basically, he could disappear from my life and I really wouldn't care. In fact, it might be the best if it were that way.

Let me tell you something about this Shim Changmin. The has this habit of playing with his pant pocket whenever he lies...somewhat like what the fool is doing at this very moment.  His thumb would hang on the pocket casually while his other four fingers would tap along his leg. Three years of dating him has allowed me to pick up on his habbits. Three years...now that I think back about it, was it really that long? Oh well.

'Do I know you' he asks?! ing idiot you can't pull off something that stupid even if your life depended on it. I don't know what the hell he has up his sleeve since he was always annoying like that, but if he wants to be like that then fine...I'll play along.

 

==========

FLASHBACK

 

"JAGGGIIIYYAAAAA~"

The tall girl's voice sang in delight at the sight of her boyfriend in the early Monday morning. She hated the weekends since it meant two days of separation from her Shim Changmin. To her, the weekends were simply another way of torture...just how could she not see him for 48 hours?!

Neither one of their families allowed their child to get involved with a love life. They spat at any thought that would distract them from their studies.

Sooyoung ran to him, hugging him from the back. She always loved the feel of his straight tall warm back that was all hers to hold. She smiled sweetly while lightly placing her cheek along his body. While many hated when Mondays would come around, Sooyoung felt differently. To her, Mondays made her feel like a child on their birthday.

Her nose twinkled for a moment. This smell...she knew it all too very well. She swung her beloved boyfriend around.

"YAHHH! Changmin, how could you?!?!?!!?!?"

She puffed her cheeks in annoyance that he would do such a thing. He smirked at the cute girl while his face remained frozen as if nothing happened at all.

"Why? What happened?" He calmly asked; all the while holding his breath.

"Did you just eat something??"

"Aniyo..."

She giggled softy to herself. He has one of the best straight faces known to human kind, but she sees his playful hands nervously twinkling along his leg and his thumb on the pocket. He was like a little innocent child caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"Don't play dumb Min! I can smell it all over you. Tsk tsk tsk. Jagiya, you need to learn how to share," Sooyoung teased.

Flashing her the puppy dog eyes that he knew very well that Sooyoung couldn't resist, Changmin apologized right away.

"Sooyoungie, mianhae. My tummy was growling and well you know very well that I just can't resist..."

He held the bag of empty chips in his hands while guilt flooded through his body. Sooyoung lightly smacked her Changmin on the shoulder. As much as she would have loved the taste of a few fried salty crispy chips travelling down (food in general), she loved Changmin more.

"Next time, bring two bags you babo~"

"Arasayo. So then I'll get one and a half of it and a half for you?" He sticks out his tongue playfully.

"Changminieeeeee!!!"

 

Before the opening bell rings, the two love birds chase each other down the hallways without one worry clouding their minds, but the thought of how many chips they will be eating the next day. They were undoubtedly happy back then.  

Happiness...every moment back then together was described as happiness.

==========

 

CHANGMIN'S POV

 

This is too ing fun right now...I can punch a damn brick wall from how much I'm enjoying this . Sooyoung looks astonished. She's probably wondering how someone like me could forget her...pshh she thinks too highly of herself. Her eyes are carefully examining every inch of my body, probably questioning if I really am Shim Changmin. Oh the joy.

"Mianhae."

"....."

"I must have mistaken you for someone else. Now if you excuse me."

WHAT THE ? WHAT KIND OF BULL JUST HAPPENED? MISTAKEN ME FOR SOMEONE ELSE?

Sooyoung, don't play dumb with me. No one is this damn world would have a face as ing good looking as mine. Plastic surgeons can't even perform magic on someone who'd scoff millions of dollars to resemble me. It's impossible...absolutely impossible.

 

Where the hell does she think she's going now and why the is she walking away with him?!?!

"Micky, let's go."

MICKY?? AS IN THE MOUSE?????

I think I could die from laughter. I couldn't even have come up with a name to crack me up more....oh too funny. So the dude's name is Micky? He must be some foreigner which totally makes sense given his perfect English. He's Korean no doubt, but must have lived overseas. How does this jerk know Sooyoung though? Curiosity is burning inside me so I might as well play detective and find out. This reunion has turned into a snooze fest anyway...

"I thought you knew Sooyoung..."

I look at my side and realize it's the girl who I've been throwing around the dance floor. Damn, it's the same chick who I talked to earlier...the one that pointed her out for me. I'm caught. Think Changmin...think of an excuse. Pretty little brain of mine come up with something!

"Ahahaha I do. That was just a little game we like to play. It always starts off this way. Come, let's go greet her properly."

I grab the girl's hand which is pretty soft. I can tell she uses hand cream...unlike this other girl I know...If this chick knows Sooyoung, then there wouldn't be a problem with talking to her once more. Bwuaha ing genius.

==========

 

"Sooyoung, it's quite hot in here...are you sure you don't want to take off that jacket you got on?" Micky asks, as he notices that she often is tripping over the excess fabric that drags along the floor.

In response, Sooyoung slightly nods her head in agreement as she s the cape like piece of clothing. Slowly she pulls it off from her body as Micky assists in holding it for her. The cool breeze from the air-conditioned room welcomes her exposed flesh as she smiles from the refreshing feeling.

 

 

Just a few steps behind stands Shim Changmin watching her every move without blinking. He pulls his female dance partner back as his feet give in. He wobbles for a split second as his eyes widen at his ex's long legs; the very same legs that he once saw every day filling out their school uniform to the very tee. He catches his unsteady footing but stands in one spot motionless. He can't move and he doesn't know why. His eyelids desperately want to close, but he can't bring himself to do so. The sting from his eyes are no match to the surprising revelation.

 

That thing, that ogre, that witch, that 'ugly' ex of his, that Choi Sooyoung....she was indeed the lady dressed in black.

 

--

A/N: Hello to ppl who read this thing. WontonDumpling aka Mary-Anne's friend over here! I will reamain annonymous. Yeah, the girl's broken arm got in more bad of a condition so here I am updating this thing for her. She's perfectly fine though. Everything here has been written from me through her words via phone...so my bad if I might have missed something